How much do you tip your dentist?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    The beauty of living in Sweden: you don't have to tip ANYONE. Sure, if service or food was excellent you can tip at a restaurant, many round up when paying a cab fare, but it's not compulsory. That's what the so called salary is for.

sal·a·ry
    noun \ˈsal-rē, ˈsa-lə-\

: an amount of money that an employee is paid each year
    plural sal·a·ries

Same thing here in right next door, Finland :smile: So much easier if you ask me...

This post makes almost no sense, you're both clearly confused.

You don't have to tip anyone, ever.
    If you had to tip, it would no longer by definition be a "tip."

Dentists/MD's Are usually on Salary in the US as well, that doesn't mean you shouldn't tip.

Anyone who doesn't tip, is clearly in the wrong here..
  • Perplexities
    Options
    I live in the US, and in the US it isn't unheard of to tip your Dentist/MD.

The fact that you don't live in the US nor are you aware on US practices in regard to gratuities towards medical professionals doesn't mean I'm a "troll."

The fact that a lot of other people here responding who DO live in the US and never heard of tipping the dentist makes me doubt the fact that you are not a troll
    Same goes for the fact that you call Italy a non western country (or that is just ignorance)

I didn't call Italy a non-western country, I assumed the individual was originally talking about the US.
    I believe it was you, and your grammar was a bit off, so i misread your message.

You've very confused.
  • Perplexities
    Options

Dentists/MD's Are usually on Salary in the US as well, that doesn't mean you shouldn't tip.

lol contradiction all over... one moment you say you have to tip and now you say you don't have to tip but you should tip otherwise you are wrong.
    Maybe you are wrong for tipping your dentist, ever thought about that... i'll just let it sink in

(ah damn, now i made this thread go further sorry for it, will try ignore it, but it's so freaking damn funny reading your posts and making fun of yourself)

I never said you "have to" I said you "should" if you have to tip, it isn't considered a tip.
    Considering you don't even know what the word tip means by definition.

I'm not going to bother replying to such frivolous posts from you anymore.

I'm starting to think you're trying to "troll" me, and other people in this thread because I'm clearly not the only one in here that tips. (If you read the other pages.)
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Depends on how hard she spanks me. Oh, you typed "dentist". I thought I saw "dominatrix".
  • Courtney4805
    Courtney4805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I give them the whole thing not just the tip

:drinker: :laugh: :smokin:
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    they make so much money per customer, i don't think a tip is necessary and I've never heard of tipping a dentist / doctor/ etc
  • Perplexities
    Options

lol contradiction all over... one moment you say you have to tip and now you say you don't have to tip but you should tip otherwise you are wrong.
    Maybe you are wrong for tipping your dentist, ever thought about that... i'll just let it sink in

(ah damn, now i made this thread go further sorry for it, will try ignore it, but it's so freaking damn funny reading your posts and making fun of yourself)

I never said you "have to" I said you "should" if you have to tip, it isn't considered a tip.
    Considering you don't even know what the word tip means, by definition, I'm not going to bother replying to such frivolous posts from you anymore.

I'm starting to think you're trying to "troll" me, and other people in this thread because I'm clearly not the only one in here that tips. (If you read the other pages.)

Troller not having fun anymore...

I know what tip means, and i know what services should be tipped for, and dentist is definatly not one of them.

You made a comment somewhere that if i would tip my dentist my check ups would be more thoroughly (sorry if i miss spelled this)
    But that's BS cause dentist are not even allowed (here) to take tips like that, that would be considered a bribe.
    They should do their job thoroughly all the time, that's what they are paid for. If they do a lowsy job on my teeth i could sue them (not many cases i know off that happened over here, but i can imagine it happening)

They send bill over to your house if the insurance doesn't cover it, you don't pay at the desk over here.

Dentist practice is not the kind of service you should tip, since they have a normal/high salary already, tipping is ment for services in different salary scale

When-Your-Cat-Intervenes-Maybe-Its-Time-To-Stop-Posting_zps98226dcc.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I didn't call Italy a non-western country, I assumed the individual was originally talking about the US.
    I believe it was you, and your grammar was a bit off, so i misread your message.

You've very confused.
    Nope, you are wrong sir, just read back, you clearly stated Italy as a non western country
    And i am not from Italy btw, but just find it funny when you state Italy as non western while the country itself is much older then USA

Wut? China is older than the US. Does that make China a western country?

Damn Europeans thinking the are western when all they do is wear ersatz cowboy outfits. An East German on a Harley listening to Elvis doesn't plonk you down on Mulholland Drive.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Ummm you know how much a dentist makes right? You going to tip your Dr as well? What about your local vet? I know what about the chick in the supermarket? Nah...tip the homeless guy for making you watch him pee in the street.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Tought you wouldn't react to me anymore...
    Another broken promise...

Troll is getting trolled and the troller getting trolled doesn't like to be trolled with haha

Haha!! :laugh: 10 out of 10!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

You've very confused.
    Nope, you are wrong sir, just read back, you clearly stated Italy as a non western country
    And i am not from Italy btw, but just find it funny when you state Italy as non western while the country itself is much older then USA

Damn Europeans thinking the are western when all they do is wear ersatz cowboy outfits. An East German on a Harley listening to Elvis doesn't plonk you down on Mulholland Drive.

Did you see me posting anything about China...

Just wanted to state that USA is not only western country of which this brah thinks

PS i don't wear ersatz cowboy outfits (wth is that anyway?)
    And East german...? There is no eat germany anymore, DDR is long gone my friend, learn your history before insulting Europeans!

I wouldn't eat a German. East Germany didn't drop into the sea with Wiedervereinigung. Attitudes and language and culture are still there. As are the Harley and the clubs and the fringe vests I pass every day on the Autobahn.

Do you really think I'm insulting Europeans?

The age of Italy has nothing to do with being in the west, your post is still a non-sequitur. China or not. :flowerforyou:
  • Perplexities
    Options

You've very confused.

Did you see me posting anything about China...

Just wanted to state that USA is not only western country of which this brah thinks

PS i don't wear ersatz cowboy outfits (wth is that anyway?)
    And East german...? There is no eat germany anymore, DDR is long gone my friend, learn your history before insulting Europeans!

So they don't tip in Italy? Fair enough.

Stop derailing the thread with your rudimentary logic, and poor English.

There's other people that aren't from your country, that can potentially benefit from the educational posts in this thread, regarding proper gratuities.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    Again i am not from Italy, and a lot of people don't seem to tip in US either, you may be tipping, but don't say people should tip their dentist just because you are doing it.

Don't say people shouldn't say to tip their dentist, just because you aren't doing it.

See what I did there?

tumblr_m69fyoKKgi1qed912o1_500_large_zps0761ebb8.gif
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Perplexities
    Options
    Again i am not from Italy, and a lot of people don't seem to tip in US either, you may be tipping, but don't say people should tip their dentist just because you are doing it.

Don't say people shouldn't say to tip their dentist just because you aren't doing it.

See what I did there?

+

But next time try to be original

You missed the point.

If person A. tells Person C. to do something, and person B tells Person C not to listen to Person A.
    Should Person A stop telling Person C what to do, or Should Person B stop telling Person A to stop telling Person C what to do?
  • CometMeebru
    CometMeebru Posts: 122
    Options
    You missed the point.

If person A. tells Person C. to do something, and person B tells Person C not to listen to Person A.
    Should Person A stop telling Person C what to do, or Should Person B stop telling Person A to stop telling Person C what to do?

wdys.gif
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    So you're telling me all this time I've was suppose to be tipping my dentist?

Yes, 15-25% of whatever you pay on the day of the visit. (I do 25%.)

I commend you on your generosity. It is wrong to criticise a person such as yourself who wishes to spread wealth around tipping at 20-25%. I'm sure everyone loves to see you coming and you are treated royaly. Maybe you will start a trend--but probably not. However, wishing you a long and rich life.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    Oh i did not miss the point you were making, i am not total moron (only on occassions)

Jesus Christ.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    So you're telling me all this time I've was suppose to be tipping my dentist?

Yes, 15-25% of whatever you pay on the day of the visit. (I do 25%.)

I commend you on your generosity. It is wrong to criticise a person such as yourself who wishes to spread wealth around tipping at 20-25%. I'm sure everyone loves to see you coming and you are treated royaly. Maybe you will start a trend--but probably not. However, wishing you a long and rich life.

The2BRock2BClapping_zps885c7f5a.gif