ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Horses for courses.

Me, I'm an extreme hourglass.

you're bootiful Matt. Your milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Could someone please give me a Cliff's and save me from reading 10+ pages?
    Even the Cliff's aren't worth reading.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm curvy as well and can't complain. I hate seeing people that think curves = fat... It doesn't at all. My husband prefers my curvy self rather than a stick girl. I just could be a more in shape, define curvy girl because we all know that hips can only shrink so far! Stick girls look unhealthy to me. There's got to be a little something there. Let me define my curvy... The difference between my hips and waist can usually be a pant size. I was a competitive swimmer for years and I still have the broad shoulders, smaller waste and strong legs. It doesn't matter what others think of you, it's what you think about yourself. I personally believe curvy is beautiful and something to be proud of.

Cringing right now...

I couldn't care less about curvy or not curvy or what guys like or don't like, I do me. But please don't refer to slender girls as "sticks." I'm curvy-ish, 34-22-33, but if I had a dollar for every time someone has referred to me as a stick, I could take us both out to lunch. It's demeaning, regardless of your measurements. "Tree trunk" isn't an acceptable title to sling at larger ladies so I don't believe "stick" is either.

Have a nice Monday everyone :flowerforyou:

*edited becuz I shpell like a bawsss

Anybody who would call you a "stick" is in desperate need of a lobotomy.

The woman in those photos is exactly what so many of us guys consider the best kind of "curvy".
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm curvy as well and can't complain. I hate seeing people that think curves = fat... It doesn't at all. My husband prefers my curvy self rather than a stick girl. I just could be a more in shape, define curvy girl because we all know that hips can only shrink so far! Stick girls look unhealthy to me. There's got to be a little something there. Let me define my curvy... The difference between my hips and waist can usually be a pant size. I was a competitive swimmer for years and I still have the broad shoulders, smaller waste and strong legs. It doesn't matter what others think of you, it's what you think about yourself. I personally believe curvy is beautiful and something to be proud of.

Cringing right now...

I couldn't care less about curvy or not curvy or what guys like or don't like, I do me. But please don't refer to slender girls as "sticks." I'm curvy-ish, 34-22-33, but if I had a dollar for every time someone has referred to me as a stick, I could take us both out to lunch. It's demeaning, regardless of your measurements. "Tree trunk" isn't an acceptable title to sling at larger ladies so I don't believe "stick" is either.

Have a nice Monday everyone :flowerforyou:

*edited becuz I shpell like a bawsss

Anybody who would call you a "stick" is in desperate need of a lobotomy.

The woman in those photos is exactly what so many of us guys consider the best kind of "curvy".

well thank you sir *tips hat*
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have elaborated on what I thought a "stick girl" is so my apologies I'm referring to the females who are so skinny they look under weight and unhealthy because they think they're fat. That is a stick girl to me. There is nothing wrong with being skinny, lean and in shape at all. It also doesn't help that I had just finished an article talking about girls with eating disorders who were worried about their "thigh gap". I would post a picture but I don't think it's necessary. I blame society for posting unrealistic norms for people.

Thin and in shape is great and good for those of you who are that way, but some of us work hard and have never been that way, but grew up being called fat because we had thighs that touched or weren't the smallest girls in the world. Fat, skit, rolly polly, and whatever else people use all the time isn't ok but you have to realize if you are slim and calling yourself fat, or are constantly worried what other people think, that those thoughts aren't ok either. Losing weight and being healthy isn't about fat and skinny. It's a combination of physical and mental health. If those negative thoughts consume you, then that's what you're outlook on life will be. I admit I am extremely jealous of slender ladies but I do know that my body isn't capable of that. With that being said, I apologize for offending anyone but I personally don't care what anyone calls me... fat, tub of lard, whatever, your thoughts of how I look don't matter to me, only what I think matters.

Aaaaaand...you completely missed the point.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Could someone please give me a Cliff's and save me from reading 10+ pages?
    Even the Cliff's aren't worth reading.

QFT
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    This thread got even dumpster-fire-ier while I was asleep :|
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    cliff's notes: Quiet thread until Cliff opened pie hole about a 10 speed bike, got slammed, tried to backtrack, didn't get better and id probably regretting waking up this AM. Meanwhile on the Walton's John Boy and Grandpa had too much drinky and were last seen visiting the 'wealthy' sisters down the road. I believe this captures the majority of the 10 pages oh and an organic flower for you:flowerforyou: You can eat it and have no fear of going over your MACROS.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Yawn.

Hey guys how'd this....

Nevermind.
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I like this topic. It makes me feel smexy! I'm short and curvy. I will feel so different when I've lost weight and am back to petite.