curvy girls or men who like them

Options
I'm a single woman who happens to be extremely curvy, current measurements 46-35-46

Recently my friends set me up with a guy, been seeing him for a few weeks or so. The other day he made a comment about how I should stop working out because he would hate to see my hips/butt get smaller, and when I showed him my before pic, he was disappointed that it had already gotten so much smaller, it used to be 53in. I have no intention of stopping my weight loss, but I found it interesting.

So my question is, other curvy woman or men who like curvy girls, have you gotten or made any request like this? I thought it might be fun to share.

I know guys who like big butts cannot lie =P

Replies

• blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Haha... sadly yes it has happened to me. People tell me to stop losing weight or there will be nothing left. I still have junk in the trunk even after losing some weight. In the end my husband loves the new me. More flexible, more energy, and just plain happier all around. You have to do this for you. Before I couldn't bend down to tie my shoes, or sit indian style. Those little accomplishments nobody can take away. They may seem little or silly to some, but the feeling accompanied is amazing. I say they better get on board with you. This is the rest of your life, not theirs.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I'm a single woman who happens to be extremely curvy, current measurements 46-35-46

Recently my friends set me up with a guy, been seeing him for a few weeks or so. The other day he made a comment about how I should stop working out because he would hate to see my hips/butt get smaller, and when I showed him my before pic, he was disappointed that it had already gotten so much smaller, it used to be 53in. I have no intention of stopping my weight loss, but I found it interesting.

So my question is, other curvy woman or men who like curvy girls, have you gotten or made any request like this? I thought it might be fun to share.

I know guys who like big butts cannot lie =P

You are hot right as you are!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I prefer a woman who is fit and has curves!!!! To be more specific a woman who looks good in a bikini!!!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't want me to lose my boobs or my butt- but here's the thing, OP; you're still going to be curvy, just proportionately smaller. It's not like you're going to suddenly lose your hourglass frame :smile:
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I have not had someone in real life compliment my curves. Quite the opposite actually. I am 42 34 43 I have got stopped on the street to be told to lose weight. I have had people tell me I am fat. But not really had that my curves are beautiful. Only on here. LOL So I am interested in what the men have to say.

For the record also, I used to wear a bikini on the beach when I was 20kg heavier, and had strangers hit me and tell me to put it away. I will never wear a bikini again. Words hurt!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If you're built "curvy" you'll most likely stay that way.

My measurements starting out were something like 38-30-40.

Now they're 36-26-36.

Mu husband also was concerned I was going to lose my butt, but he likes my smaller butt just as much and as an added bonus I feel a lot better and we can do more things together than we did when I was heavy.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I have not had someone in real life compliment my curves. Quite the opposite actually. I am 42 34 43 I have got stopped on the street to be told to lose weight. I have had people tell me I am fat. But not really had that my curves are beautiful. Only on here. LOL So I am interested in what the men have to say.

For the record also, I used to wear a bikini on the beach when I was 20kg heavier, and had strangers hit me and tell me to put it away. I will never wear a bikini again. Words hurt!

:flowerforyou: You look great hun

And words can indeed hurt, but it can also heal some wounds that were made in the past, it will only take longer

I really have stopped caring about what others say about how i look, good or bad, it's about how i see myself in the mirror and how i wanna look, i wanna be able to walk into a swimming pool and actually see my swimshorts when looking down and not my belly, when i have achived that i will be happier about myself.
    After that i wanna see how far i can reach in lowering my BF, increasing my muscles and just look good naked

Nawww thanks love! You do too. I am pretty sure you would already look good naked. But improving is good too.

I am really sensitive, I don't know how to stop letting other people's words hurt me. But I am loving myself more and more and I have hardly lost weight! That's what is important ay?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    If you're currently bigger and curvy it stands to reason you'll be smaller and curvy. You will lose some of fat, that's the whole point after all, but your proportions may very well stay the same. I went from about 38-32-42 to 36-27
    5-38 so in the grand scheme of things I'm more curvy.

I held a lot of my weight in my waist/stomach/hips, obviously.
  • vuco1990
    vuco1990 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think that a lot of man like curvy women, but lately problem is what goes in that definition. Curvy yes, fat NO! If you overweight keep up the good work in loosing weight and if you are curvy it is not like that you will lose all the curves and have too skinny model figure. It does not go like that. Genetics play role in this also. For instance I have huge legs and no matter how much weight I lose, still will have big legs ( thou, this is not bad thing if you are a guy).
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options

Same to me, no one ever referred to my fat as "curves". I guess it's just a matter of taste. Most men like curvy girls, even if just a few of them are actually able to appreciate curves & fat all together. :/
  • JasonAxelrod
    JasonAxelrod Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like curves. I am not going to ask someone to stop pursuing self-betterment because I'm afraid their curves will go away. If the transformation is that drastic, maybe my attraction will change—I can't tell that for myself before it happens and it's also something I wouldn't be able to consciously control, but that's just a little bit ridiculous to be disappointed that someone doesn't look how they used to look before you even knew them.

Yeah, I've got my sexual fantasies, too, but they're fantasies for a reason.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Yes! Kind of, anyway. My current measurements are 42-35-42 and starting out my man was worried that I was going to lose my curves, but really I've been losing proportionally to my hourglass figure so it hasn't been an issue at all! In fact, he's even more complimentary :blushing:
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    the problem is most women use the words "curvey" when they are overweight. I think "curvy" is how you are built (hourglass, pear, apple shapes, top heavy, bottom heavy, etc) and if you are carrying the right weight on the right frame you can be curvy and sexy.

I dont think "curvy" is sexy on a woman who is overweight and unhealthy.
    Ultimetely healthy is the new sexy, and if that includes curves as well then it is your lucky day!

Sorry go ahead and get butt hurt and hate me.

I agree with you on the fact that the term "curvy" is often misused.
    I don't think "curvy" should even be a compliment since any girl can be beautiful, even without very prominent curves.
    Especially if you consider that, whatever curvy might mean, it's mostly used as a compliment only when a girl is somewhat thin or at least good looking.
    Same thing goes for the term "sexy".
    A girl can be sexy at any weight in my opinion.
    Sexy is sexy, curvy is curvy, and healthy is healthy, you don't have to be curvy or healthy to be sexy or whatever.
  • Achrya
    Options
    the problem is most women use the words "curvey" when they are overweight. I think "curvy" is how you are built (hourglass, pear, apple shapes, top heavy, bottom heavy, etc) and if you are carrying the right weight on the right frame you can be curvy and sexy.

Ultimetely healthy is the new sexy, and if that includes curves as well then it is your lucky day!

I don't think "curvy" should even be a compliment since any girl can be beautiful, even without very prominent curves.
    Especially if you consider that, whatever curvy might mean, it's mostly used as a compliment only when a girl is somewhat thin or at least good looking.
    Sexy is sexy, curvy is curvy, and healthy is healthy, you don't have to be curvy or healthy to be sexy or whatever.

Soo...things should only be compliments if they're able to apply to everyone? Should things like 'Ripped' 'Athletic' and the like also no longer be compliments because people can be attractive without being those things?

Genuinely confused here.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

this makes no sense
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

I agree here. I think the general public and Hollywood have two very diff ideas on the word "curvy". Curvy in Hollywood is Kate Upton where curvy in the "real world" is generally a polite way of saying a woman is overweight. It'd be nice to meet somewhere in the middle.
    P.s please don't think I am suggesting anyone here is overweight I am merely stating what I believe the difference in the meaning of the word "curvy" in Hollywood vs real world. I think curves can be vast in range.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I used to be an hourglass, I dropped 70lbs, my tits fell off and now I'm coke-bottle shaped. I'm cool with that.

Curvy is to do with proportions. You can be fat and NOT curvy too (unless you're counting "spherical" as one round curve), which is particularly noticeable on overweight apple-shaped women.

S'all genetics. My S.O thought I was sexy fat and thinks I'm sexy now. Possibly a little sexier now because I have more confidence and I'm happier to walk around the house naked ;)
  • Achrya
    Options

I agree here. I think the general public and Hollywood have two very diff ideas on the word "curvy". Curvy in Hollywood is Kate Upton where curvy in the "real world" is generally a polite way of saying a woman is overweight. It'd be nice to meet somewhere in the middle.

I don't think that 'curvy in the real world' is actually used that way. I think some people do use it that way (loudly) but I imagine that most people think of curvy in terms of proportions, not weight. You can be curvy and small, curvy and 'average', or curvy and heavy.