curvy girls or men who like them

Options

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    the problem is most women use the words "curvey" when they are overweight. I think "curvy" is how you are built (hourglass, pear, apple shapes, top heavy, bottom heavy, etc) and if you are carrying the right weight on the right frame you can be curvy and sexy.

I dont think "curvy" is sexy on a woman who is overweight and unhealthy.
    Ultimetely healthy is the new sexy, and if that includes curves as well then it is your lucky day!

Sorry go ahead and get butt hurt and hate me.

I agree with you on the fact that the term "curvy" is often misused.
    I don't think "curvy" should even be a compliment since any girl can be beautiful, even without very prominent curves.
    Especially if you consider that, whatever curvy might mean, it's mostly used as a compliment only when a girl is somewhat thin or at least good looking.
    Same thing goes for the term "sexy".
    A girl can be sexy at any weight in my opinion.
    Sexy is sexy, curvy is curvy, and healthy is healthy, you don't have to be curvy or healthy to be sexy or whatever.
    this makes no sense

Thank eff for that, I re-read that post four times and I thought I'd had a stroke or something.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I will take athletic and curvy any day of the week..

there are a lot of woman who claim to be "curvy" and are just plain overweight, which IMO is not attractive at all ….

OP - keep doing what you are doing; if you are naturally curvy all that is going to happen is you are going to lose body fat and maintain your curves which is a win ..

If the guy you are seeing is too much of an idiot to see that …then ditch em...
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

there are a lot of woman who claim to be "curvy" and are just plain overweight, which IMO is not attractive at all ….

OP - keep doing what you are doing; if you are naturally curvy all that is going to happen is you are going to lose body fat and maintain your curves which is a win ..

^^this^^
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Um, are you voicing a preference? Because I hear that makes you close minded and immature.

Also fit people are mean so liking them makes you shallow. I saw it on the internet.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Agreed. I also think some men (people) tend to tell little white lies to compliment their SOs. I'm pretty sure that if he likes you now, OP, that he'll also like you when you lose weight.
  • LC458
    Options
    the problem is most women use the words "curvey" when they are overweight. I think "curvy" is how you are built (hourglass, pear, apple shapes, top heavy, bottom heavy, etc) and if you are carrying the right weight on the right frame you can be curvy and sexy.

Ultimetely healthy is the new sexy, and if that includes curves as well then it is your lucky day!

I agree here. I think the general public and Hollywood have two very diff ideas on the word "curvy". Curvy in Hollywood is Kate Upton where curvy in the "real world" is generally a polite way of saying a woman is overweight. It'd be nice to meet somewhere in the middle.

I don't think that 'curvy in the real world' is actually used that way. I think some people do use it that way (loudly) but I imagine that most people think of curvy in terms of proportions, not weight. You can be curvy and small, curvy and 'average', or curvy and heavy.
    You responded before my "p.s." Lol. I agree, I think proportion is a big deal. But usually a woman that is within normal weight though will have a healthy size waist. A healthy middle is vital and I think above the booties and/or boobies.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Um, are you voicing a preference? Because I hear that makes you close minded and immature.

Also fit people are mean so liking them makes you shallow. I saw it on the internet.
    well damn I can't win!

backs out of thread….
  • LC458
    Options
    Congratulations OP on your current weight loss. As others have said your body type will carry on to your smaller frame too. I think you should keep going and hope your guy gets on board and can be supportive of your goals. Good luck :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I don't think "curvy" should even be a compliment since any girl can be beautiful, even without very prominent curves.
    Especially if you consider that, whatever curvy might mean, it's mostly used as a compliment only when a girl is somewhat thin or at least good looking.
    Sexy is sexy, curvy is curvy, and healthy is healthy, you don't have to be curvy or healthy to be sexy or whatever.

Lolwut :huh:
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options

What?
    My post makes perfect sense to me. I don't get why you people don't explain yourself while disagreeing. The world is full of people that might disagree with you.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I don't think that a lack of curves should be an insult. But I don't see a problem with curvy as a compliment.
  • Achrya
    Options

What?
    My post makes perfect sense to me. I don't get why you people don't explain yourself while disagreeing. The world is full of people that might disagree with you.

Well of course it makes sense to you, its your post. I should hope it makes sense to you at least.

And I felt I explained my confusion with your post well enough. Do you think something can only be a compliment is all people can achieve it? Does this mean I can't compliment someone on their athletic body type or on being ripped? Can't call people intelligent as a compliment, since not all people are intelligent?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

What?

I would hope it would make sense to you. It makes sense to no one else.
  • Eleonora91
    Options
    I don't think that a lack of curves should be an insult. But I don't see a problem with curvy as a compliment.

The problem is not using "curvy" as a compliment. If you're making a compliment, that's awesome.
    The problem is that the lack of curves is usually meant to be an insult. So, I think that using "curvy" as a compliment is not bad, but just counterproductive and somewhat deceiving. At least nowadays in our society.
  • Eleonora91
    Options

What?

I would hope it would make sense to you. It makes sense to no one else.

Great, sorry for expressing my opinion if it makes no sense to you :flowerforyou:
  • quietair
    quietair Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Girls need to have curves. I don't want to cuddle up with a ten speed at night. Too...poky. But the sexiest thing? Self-confidence. Way better to be with someone who owns her body and isn't constantly hung up on how she looks. There, I admitted it. Do I get a prize? ;)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

The problem is not using "curvy" as a compliment. If you're making a compliment, that's awesome.
    The problem is that the lack of curves is usually meant to be an insult. So, I think that using "curvy" as a compliment is not bad, but just counterproductive and somewhat deceiving. At least nowadays in our society.

Well, imo it's in the wording.

I think it's fine to say "I prefer curvy women" or "women with big butts are sexy"

I don't think it's fine to say "Women shouldn't look like teenage boys" or "meat is for men, bones are for dogs" or the like.

Preferences- fine
    Insulting people who aren't your preference- not fine

eta: see post directly above mine. :noway:
  • Achrya
    Options
    Girls need to have curves. I don't want to cuddle up with a ten speed at night. Too...poky. But the sexiest thing? Self-confidence. Way better to be with someone who owns her body and isn't constantly hung up on how she looks. There, I admitted it. Do I get a prize? ;)

No. Absolutely not.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Do you get a prize for comparing a girl to a 10 speed because she isn't curvy enough for you? No.