curvy girls or men who like them

Options

Replies

• jmarcin78
    jmarcin78 Posts: 34
    Options
    I had a guy I was dating tell me once that I "had good birthing hips." It was a strange thing to say, but he was strange, too! Ha!
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Curves are beautiful when they are proportioned, toned, and a healthy body fat percentage. It has nothing to do with measurements
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I don't know...I guess technically I'm "curvy." I do know that even at a size two/four I didn't lose my chest or sadly, my booty. I've been with men who wanted me traditionally skinny, and I've been with guys that liked it. I always just figured when I found the right guy, he'd like me no matter what.

Right? As long as YOU are happy with YOU, that is all that matters. Whatever size, shape, weight, etc.

You could be any size you wanted too.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have not had someone in real life compliment my curves. Quite the opposite actually. I am 42 34 43 I have got stopped on the street to be told to lose weight. I have had people tell me I am fat. But not really had that my curves are beautiful. Only on here. LOL So I am interested in what the men have to say.

For the record also, I used to wear a bikini on the beach when I was 20kg heavier, and had strangers hit me and tell me to put it away. I will never wear a bikini again. Words hurt!

Wow. Just wow... I'm so sorry that happened to you and I can't imagine how upsetting it was.

Not to mention how screwed up the people who did it must have been. Even if I looked at some stranger and thought, "Not the best outfit for that body type," (which one does think sometimes, including about average/slender women who picked an unflattering outfit) I can't IMAGINE marching up and saying it. Let alone hitting. Isn't that assault?
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Girls need to have curves. I don't want to cuddle up with a ten speed at night. Too...poky. But the sexiest thing? Self-confidence. Way better to be with someone who owns her body and isn't constantly hung up on how she looks. There, I admitted it. Do I get a prize? ;)

There are more effective ways to pick up girls you think you have a shot with than by insulting other women.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Funny how men never get called 'Curvy' or 'Full Figured' etc.

I don't understand why women take it as a compliment.

If a woman says to me, 'oh don't lose weight, I really like fat guys' they would be out the door.

Agreed! That's because they are fat.

Although I do love a man with a nice *kitten*. :love:

Can I call my beer guy belly full figured or curvy? I don't see why not. If women get to use this term.
    I think its about time overweight men got to use it as well. It's really the same thing, no?
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i wish i was so proportionate, lol; as it is, i'm 39-35-43. Anyway, that's all I took away from this. I agree w/most others though, if he doesn't like the thinner you then he isn't worth your time :)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    In for calling women curvy is a bad thing. Or something...

Not really sure.

I need coffee.
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of my curves and will always have the same figure at any size - just maybe a bit smaller. I know that not all guys are into it though. I still have some weight to lose, but I am always surprised when a guy tells me he likes me the way I am. I kind of always thought I needed to lose weight before I could meet someone special. But after losing over 40 lbs in total, I am starting to like what I see and that's all that matters really.
  • quietair
    quietair Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Girls need to have curves. I don't want to cuddle up with a ten speed at night. Too...poky. But the sexiest thing? Self-confidence. Way better to be with someone who owns her body and isn't constantly hung up on how she looks. There, I admitted it. Do I get a prize? ;)

Call me crazy, but a ten speed is nothing but curves. All those round, circular things on it like wheels.

You're crazy. Should I try to get an actual bicycle tonight and sleep next to it? I feel like this absurdity needs to go to the next level.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know...I guess technically I'm "curvy." I do know that even at a size two/four I didn't lose my chest or sadly, my booty. I've been with men who wanted me traditionally skinny, and I've been with guys that liked it. I always just figured when I found the right guy, he'd like me no matter what.

Right? As long as YOU are happy with YOU, that is all that matters. Whatever size, shape, weight, etc.

You could be any size you wanted too.

I'm happy with my size 2 and curves. :wink:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

I hope you don't have "poky" daughters. I'd hate for them to hear your opinions on what's attractive.
  • quietair
    Options

There are more effective ways to pick up girls you think you have a shot with than by insulting other women.

Not here to pick anyone up. I guess I need sensitivity training for making a statement that applies to so many people. No day goes by that I don't see bicycle-shaped people everywhere. Honestly...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Not here to pick anyone up. I guess I need sensitivity training for making a statement that applies to so many people. No day goes by that I don't see bicycle-shaped people everywhere. Honestly...

hahaha, this reminds me of Transformers. "More than meets the eye...." I need more coffee....
  • quietair
    Options
    Eh, forget it all. I'm going back to being fat. People take themselves (and me) way too seriously. See ya!
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    [Edited away because it was pre-coffee and sounded more judgmental than I intended.]
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I don't think complimenting some one for being curvy means that you are stating that other body types are unattractive. It is one of the most lovely things about the human condition that people come in different shapes and sizes. When I compliment my friends who are tall and angular about their long sexy legs and my curvy friends about their little waists I am being equally sincere.

I think that there has been a trend to call all overweight women curvy which just isn't the case and is part of the same trend that sees women wearing a 2 size instead of a 6 (as if a 6 is a really huge size??). Curvy, voluptuous, and hourglass refer to proportions with ample bust, small waist, ample hip which could translate to 34E 24 36, 36f 26 36, 38g 28 38, and so on. The 8 to 10 inch difference between the bust and hip compared to the waist is the key.

Personally I am an hourglass when I am at a healthy weight but now I need to lose weight and my waist is over 35 inches (only 4 inches between waist and hips) - I'm more of a "brandy snifter" now. However, with hard work I will be back to my old self. I will never look like a ballerina and will just be happy to admire them from a far.

You will notice that as you lose weight the your bust and bum will become smaller but so will your waist with the curves well maintained and a small stomach emerging at the same time (killer curves and abs can be yours!)
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Eh, forget it all. I'm going back to being fat. People take themselves (and me) way too seriously. See ya!

Have fun.
  • quietair
    Options

Have fun.

*like*
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't think that a lack of curves should be an insult. But I don't see a problem with curvy as a compliment.

The problem is not using "curvy" as a compliment. If you're making a compliment, that's awesome.
    The problem is that the lack of curves is usually meant to be an insult. So, I think that using "curvy" as a compliment is not bad, but just counterproductive and somewhat deceiving. At least nowadays in our society.

Well, imo it's in the wording.

I think it's fine to say "I prefer curvy women" or "women with big butts are sexy"

I don't think it's fine to say "Women shouldn't look like teenage boys" or "meat is for men, bones are for dogs" or the like.

Preferences- fine
    Insulting people who aren't your preference- not fine

eta: see post directly above mine. :noway:

My intent is not to offend, and wasn't to insult, but isn't that really just semantics? I hardly think its insulting to anyone that I wouldn't be physically attracted to them. Lots of people aren't attracted to me, I don't fault them for colorfully stating the fact.

It isn't the fact that you aren't attracted to them that makes it insulting. It's fine to have preferences, like I said above. What's not fine is to insult people who don't fit your preference.