Why the fitness culture on Social Media needs to die

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Using what is essentially a fitness/diet social media platform to complain about fitness culture on social media ....hmmm.
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Using what is essentially a fitness/diet social media platform to complain about fitness culture on social media ....hmmm.

LMAO the glory of the internet. People use the internet to complain about the internet. Best thing ever.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Meh. Don't like what I post, either don't read it or unfriend me. It's my page and I'll post what I see fit.

And the woman that the author thinks is "gross" in that article....10/10 WB.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    That is the worst article I have ever read, the author sounds insanely jelly
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    :laugh:
  • So you're on a Social Media fitness site btchng about fitness culture?

Go back under the rock you came from, OP.
  • Meh. Don't like what I post, either don't read it or unfriend me. It's my page and I'll post what I see fit.

And the woman that the author thinks is "gross" in that article....10/10 WB.

I thought the same thing.

shutterstock_142762636.jpg
  • sciencegypsy
    sciencegypsy Posts: 1 Member
    This is just a b**** list of "there are things on the internet I don't agree with!"
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    That is the worst article I have ever read, the author sounds insanely jelly

This is definitely what I picked up from it too.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    I don't really see many of those points on social media I use, including this site.
    Maybe the author needs to find different people to interact with on said social media?
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Number 3 is my new dream female, don't see why they are saying it's ugly
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    I find it mildly ironic that the article has 8.5k likes on Facebook.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    wow... bitter much?
    Like going to McDonald's,and complaining about people eating at McDonald's. Don't like what people post about fitness on social media? Don't read it.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Honestly every single point the author made is either patently false or could be applied to any subculture that has existed in any platform since the dawn of time. You could write that same article about anything from rock and roll fans in the 1950s to followers of the Catholic Reformation in the 1500s. Also, about point #3 specifically... WHAT????? That IS sexy! If you don't think that is sexy I don't want to know you.
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Yawn! :ohwell:
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    The author sounds like she is fun to hang out with.

not.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    She sounds jealous... or one of those fat-acceptance people.

Although i do hate the clean eaters who spread misinformation. #hatersgonnhate
  • mtngrl3
    mtngrl3 Posts: 58 Member
    I rarely post, but I have to say...that article is the biggest crock of ...., I have ever read. Anywho, gonna get back to eating my 'bland' chicken and asparagus LOL:flowerforyou:
  • mondriantree
    mondriantree Posts: 37 Member
    Clearly the writer of the article is just following the wrong people. Plus I like getting the constant updates and reminders to prep your food or go workout. Every time I watch TV I see so many commercials for fast food and restaurants and magic pills that'll make you thin. I'd way rather see some hashtags telling me to go to the gym!
  • Bellanique
    Bellanique Posts: 8 Member
    That was amusing :smile: