7 Days Left on Low carb and fading fast

Ive been low carbing now for 23 days and felt ok, but ever since the last 11 days hit of my 30 day diet I am feeling only enough energy to do normal things like sit around the house. Im eating 30 grams a day at about 1500 calories. I lost 10 pounds on the scale so maybe 5 of that is water weight, but I look and feel thinner. Whats the longest yall have done a very low carb induction rate? And whats with my energy being alright till the 19th day of low carbing and then now seems like everything has started to bug me.

Replies

• Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Pick up some Potassium tablets. Not sure of the dosage, but you can look that up for recommended amounts. Low Carb really limits your potassium and that's why you feel so drained.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    You may not be eating enough protein
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    You may not be eating enough protein

If this is the case, she is low carbing very wrong.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    I'm guessing your protein is fine if you are low carb. Your body needs carbs, why are you doing low carb? What happens when you go back to eating normal?
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Look up carb nite. Or if you don't want to read, refeed with carbs one night a week.. like a lot. Just once a week though for about 4-6 hours.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    You should start mentally preparing yourself for weight gain starting in 7 days.

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Are you ready for the water weight gain once you increase your carbs?

:-(
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    maybe, just maybe, you're lacking energy because you're not eating enough carbohydrate
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    I've been low carbing since November. I would recommend checking your sugar and sodium intake.
    I've had days where I've been dizzy so I would 'carb' up a bit on those days my increasing my sugar and calorie intakes.

If you're on a program with a coach, print off your daily logs, they'll be able to tell you what you need to do more accurately.

It could even be from exercising (not recommended on low carb). But the programs I see have daily calories around 800, not 1500.

The program I'm following has you putting additional salt on everything, with potassium, magnesium, calcium, omega 3 and general vitamins.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    I am T2 diabetic and managed to do about 25 grams a day for months. You need to eat lots of salt, fat and protein to compensate for the low carb. I still never felt good but since the drs. didn't think I needed more drugs it was the only way I could keep my BG remotely ok. More drugs and I now eat between 75 and 150 grams a day and feel much better. BTW, I've lost more weight being moderate carb than I did being low carb.
  • GuyIncognito123
    And ignore the naysayers about the low carb diets, because it is a diet and it works.

Watch out when you carb up since it will knock you out of ketosis.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Ive low carbed in the past and that is the quickest way I noticed I lost a good amount of weight. I only have 7 more days of this low carbing and then I think Im going to count calories for a few weeks. Maybe mix my diet up since Im not working right now, but my parents are willing to buy me food I need so I lose weight. Thinking about just going on a 2000 calorie a day diet after I finish this and then maybe low carb every two weeks and then alternate. My weight yoyos a lot because I know how to eat really but I just stop caring for awhile pig out and then gain the weight back so I have to do things to lose it again.
  • GuyIncognito123
    Ive low carbed in the past and that is the quickest way I noticed I lost a good amount of weight. I only have 7 more days of this low carbing and then I think Im going to count calories for a few weeks. Maybe mix my diet up since Im not working right now, but my parents are willing to buy me food I need so I lose weight. Thinking about just going on a 2000 calorie a day diet after I finish this and then maybe low carb every two weeks and then alternate.

That is the wrong way to low carb since it can take up to 3 weeks to enter ketosis. You are probably better off switching to a different program. With low carb you have to stick with it not just play with it.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    So, your body is telling you that something is wrong, but you are ignoring it to stick to this extremely low carb plan? Why? And what happens in 7 days? You say you have done this is in the past. Since you are again trying to lose weight, it sounds like the plan did not work. It is not about torturing your body to lose weight fast, it is about making a plan you can live with on the long run.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    What do you think will happen after you start adding carbs back into your diet? What is the point of losing weight quickly if it's just going to come back the moment you reintroduce foods?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Ive been low carbing now for 23 days and felt ok, but ever since the last 11 days hit of my 30 day diet I am feeling only enough energy to do normal things like sit around the house. Im eating 30 grams a day at about 1500 calories. I lost 10 pounds on the scale so maybe 5 of that is water weight, but I look and feel thinner. Whats the longest yall have done a very low carb induction rate? And whats with my energy being alright till the 19th day of low carbing and then now seems like everything has started to bug me.

Well that's one of the main problems with low carb.

Quit the low carb thing now. Not sure what you were attempting to accomplish with some time-limited low carb thing. Diet sensibly.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Ive low carbed in the past and that is the quickest way I noticed I lost a good amount of weight. I only have 7 more days of this low carbing and then I think Im going to count calories for a few weeks. Maybe mix my diet up since Im not working right now, but my parents are willing to buy me food I need so I lose weight. Thinking about just going on a 2000 calorie a day diet after I finish this and then maybe low carb every two weeks and then alternate. My weight yoyos a lot because I know how to eat really but I just stop caring for awhile pig out and then gain the weight back so I have to do things to lose it again.

Please re-read this entire paragraph that you wrote and REALLY think about it. Um, you already identified your own problem. You yo-yo back and forth, then start the cycle again. How about you perhaps find a lifestyle approach that actually works for YOU that is sustainable long term and gets you out of this cycle? If your profile is correct, you are too old to be this ignorant about your own choices. I truly wish you luck. Do some research on here, find something that sounds moderate and sustainable for YOU, then do it. Forever.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

Here is the problem. You're not thinking long term, you're thinking quick fix. When the quick fix ends, you fall back into old eating habits and put the weight back on.

Think long term.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member

Please re-read this entire paragraph that you wrote and REALLY think about it. Um, you already identified your own problem. You yo-yo back and forth, then start the cycle again. How about you perhaps find a lifestyle approach that actually works for YOU that is sustainable long term and gets you out of this cycle? If your profile is correct, you are too old to be this ignorant about your own choices. I truly wish you luck. Do some research on here, find something that sounds moderate and sustainable for YOU, then do it. Forever.

ummmm yeah. pretty much this. You are 36 and your parents are buying you food to lose weight? But then you will stop caring and pig out and gain it back? Time to grow up dude and take some responsibility for yourself.