Pork Rinds

Lunch
    10 buffalo style chicken wings

Dinner

Ceasar salad half a cup of lettuce. 2 tablespoons of dressing
    3 grilled chicken wings
    Some shredded roast pork
    Grilled chicken thigh

I took two multivitamins in the morning. Feeling good still today. Going to see if I need to up my carbs before bed like I did last night. So far Im feeling good again.

As I said to you before...you really should learn to do some research.

If you overdose on multi-vitamins...call the CDC...do not induce vomiting.

In the mean time...read this put out by the NIH...

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002596.htm

There is a recommended dosage for a reason...taking 2 won't get you healthier quicker.

I hope...regardless of what eating plan that you end up on...it works for you. However...IMO you would be better off with one that you don't have to think about as much. You are over thinking the one that you are on now. Several low carbers have tried to give you advice and you have ignored most of it...instead...opting to double up on multi-vitamins.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Yes it does adjust to your eating....hence why people who have part of their stomach removed can regain their weight if they eat more than what their stomach can hold

To the poster that you were responding to..

25 Common Food & Nutrition Myths

Myth 1:
    Your stomach will shrink if you eat less.

FACT:
    The only way to physically shrink your stomach is through surgical procedures. Your stomach expands to accommodate the amount of food that you eat and goes back to its original size once the food passes on to the intestines. The only effect cutting down on the amount of food will have on your stomach is your appetite but not the size of the stomach itself.

http://www.eiu.edu/dining/files/25 Common Food Myths.pdf
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    This is what I ate today

Breakfast
    4 frozen sausage patties, stick of pepperjack cheese

Snack
    Pork Rinds

Lunch

Dinner

3 grilled chicken wings
    Some shredded roast pork
    Grilled chicken thigh

I took two multivitamins in the morning. Feeling good still today. Going to see if I need to up my carbs before bed like I did last night. So far Im feeling good again.

Is this some sort of "how to get a heart attack young" eating plan? Meat, processed meat, and then some meat on top and vitamins to maintain the illusion this diet is good for you?
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    This is what I ate today

Breakfast

Snack
    Pork Rinds

Lunch

Dinner

3 grilled chicken wings
    Some shredded roast pork
    Grilled chicken thigh

At first glance that looks like a lot of calories to me, though it depends on the exact portions. You might try substituting some of that meat with vegetables and only take the recommended dosage of multivitamins. More likely if you need to supplement anything, it's electrolytes which aren't found in large amounts in multivitamins.
  • Annie_01
    Options
    This is what I ate today

Breakfast

Snack
    Pork Rinds

Lunch

Dinner

3 grilled chicken wings
    Some shredded roast pork
    Grilled chicken thigh

At first glance that looks like a lot of calories to me, though it depends on the exact portions. You might try substituting some of that meat with vegetables and only take the recommended dosage of multivitamins. More likely if you need to supplement anything, it's electrolytes which aren't found in large amounts in multivitamins.

That is the problem with multivitamins and some people...they use it as a substitute to get the micros that they need.

I take one but still try to get what I need through foods. Mine give 50% of the calcium but I still try to get 100% of it through food. Mainly why I started taking it was iron...I just could not eat enough foods with iron to meet my needs.

Doubling up on them might not harm some people but research shows that some things in excess can be harmful.
  • mdallas6
    mdallas6 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I still dont understand why people who dont low carb are posting on this thread? Strange..
  • Annie_01
    Options
    I still dont understand why people who dont low carb are posting on this thread? Strange..

My apologies...I didn't realize that you had to be a member of a secret society in order to post on a low carber thread. I must have skipped that MFP rule when I joined.

What I find strange is that it should matter to you.

I never told the OP not to do low carb...I suggested that he do some research on whatever diet he chose instead of doubling up on multivitamins to make up for what he wasn't getting through food.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Understanding doesn't always come quickly to some--be patient.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Feel good today

Took only 1 multi today.
    Breakfast

4 frozen sausage patties
    1 stick of pepperjack cheese

Snack

2 Mozarella cheese sticks

Lunch

2 Turkey Sausages

Dinner

10 oz New York Strip steak
    Cup of lettuces

Im not sure how many carbs Im getting from marinade, but assuming maybe 10. Lettuce about 5. Drinks about 10. So I think I made my goal again today. Calories are about 1500 for a day. So day is looking good. 5 more days to go.
  • mdallas6
    mdallas6 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

My apologies...I didn't realize that you had to be a member of a secret society in order to post on a low carber thread. I must have skipped that MFP rule when I joined.

I never told the OP not to do low carb...I suggested that he do some research on whatever diet he chose instead of doubling up on multivitamins to make up for what he wasn't getting through food.
    Just find it weird people who are anti low carb respond to a low carb post......and hating on it without any valid responses or real info to back it up....just odd. I don't go and post everything I know on low calorie or excercise posts
  • TIDDYBEARR
    Options
    What happens when you go back to eating normal?

The pounds will pile back on!!
  • snowflake954
    Options

Just find it weird people who are anti low carb respond to a low carb post......and hating on it without any valid responses or real info to back it up....just odd. I don't go and post everything I know on low calorie or excercise posts

Just curious--is the OP's diet an example of what low carbers eat? All meat, some cheese, and a cup of lettuce a day? I haven't been able to look at any of your food diaries to see what you are eating. How can anyone defend what the OP is eating? Of course people are trying to modify his diet--it's incredible.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Just curious--is the OP's diet an example of what low carbers eat? All meat, some cheese, and a cup of lettuce a day? I haven't been able to look at any of your food diaries to see what you are eating. How can anyone defend what the OP is eating? Of course people are trying to modify his diet--it's incredible.

It certainly does not represent mine - I don't like lettuce.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    ^^^We all know how "special" you are--don't worry.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    ^^^We all know how "special" you are--don't worry.

LOL,

Seriously most people doing low carb will have a larger volume of veggies and maybe some fruit. The OP diet seems like a lot of protein as well.

And thank you as I am 'special' as you put it (thanks I get the reference). I feel on these forum I am amongst my like minded 'Special' people - like yourself.:wink:
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options

I eat low carb and no that's not what I eat... That's where people get into problems... Eating all meat and nothing else. I've never seen an actual low carb plan like this... All of your carbs are supposed to come from veggies... Not sugar cured meats and soda... Otherwise you have no nutrition and you have no fiber.... And you can't sustain it long term...
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What kind of eating/meal plan comes after the OP's 7 days are completed?
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Im going to watch my calorie count for a few weeks and then low carb again.
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply.:flowerforyou:

Another question, if you don't mind...Are you staying at the same calorie count on days you are not doing the low carb? And how did you come to the calorie count you are using?
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply.:flowerforyou:

Another question, if you don't mind...Are you staying at the same calorie count on days you are not doing the low carb? And how did you come to the calorie count you are using?
    If you are actually considering carb cycling I would follow and actual program and I'd look into Chris Powell's book Choose more to Lose more for life..... It's vegetable based and not some crazy made up "low carb" plan. It focuses on nutrients and doing low carb and then moderate carb but adding in good carbs.