7 Days Left on Low carb and fading fast

Options

Replies

• Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    What kind of eating/meal plan comes after the OP's 7 days are completed?

Im going to watch my calorie count for a few weeks and then low carb again.

Thank you for your reply.:flowerforyou:

Another question, if you don't mind...Are you staying at the same calorie count on days you are not doing the low carb? And how did you come to the calorie count you are using?

I just plan on eating 1500 to 2000 calories a day. I might just do maintenance calories for a few weeks and then low carb. again. I eat around my bmr.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I still dont understand why people who dont low carb are posting on this thread? Strange..

My apologies...I didn't realize that you had to be a member of a secret society in order to post on a low carber thread. I must have skipped that MFP rule when I joined.

What I find strange is that it should matter to you.

I never told the OP not to do low carb...I suggested that he do some research on whatever diet he chose instead of doubling up on multivitamins to make up for what he wasn't getting through food.
    Just find it weird people who are anti low carb respond to a low carb post......and hating on it without any valid responses or real info to back it up....just odd. I don't go and post everything I know on low calorie or excercise posts

OP said he/she can barely function on low carb…so why wouldn't people suggest an alternate plan?

it is not like OP said "I am on low carb and feel great"….
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What kind of eating/meal plan comes after the OP's 7 days are completed?

Im going to watch my calorie count for a few weeks and then low carb again.

Thank you for your reply.:flowerforyou:

Another question, if you don't mind...Are you staying at the same calorie count on days you are not doing the low carb? And how did you come to the calorie count you are using?

I just plan on eating 1500 to 2000 calories a day. I might just do maintenance calories for a few weeks and then low carb. again. I eat around my bmr.

You are so patient with my questions...thank you again.

Did you calculate your BMR on MFP ? I'm fairly new at this myself so I also am trying to find my way. :smile:
  • Miamiuu
    Options
    I calculated my bmr at a body building website. dont know if mfp does tht.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I still dont understand why people who dont low carb are posting on this thread? Strange..

My apologies...I didn't realize that you had to be a member of a secret society in order to post on a low carber thread. I must have skipped that MFP rule when I joined.

I never told the OP not to do low carb...I suggested that he do some research on whatever diet he chose instead of doubling up on multivitamins to make up for what he wasn't getting through food.
    Just find it weird people who are anti low carb respond to a low carb post......and hating on it without any valid responses or real info to back it up....just odd. I don't go and post everything I know on low calorie or excercise posts

Here is the thing about your attitude...calling all of us that don't low carb...haters...

First of all you would be hard pressed to find any post that I have written that has condemned anyone for going low carb. For myself...it didn't work...didn't like what I was experiencing...plus did like the fact that I had to try and change my cooking patterns. I was also tired a lot. Could I have gotten past some of that...maybe...but I chose not to.

Second...just because someone disagrees with you does not mean that they are haters...just means that we don't agree.

Third...the OP's diet isn't healthy...if you think it is...then I disagree. Does that mean that I hate you...no...just means that I disagree. IMO...you need to stop villainizing people because they think differently.

Fourth...people have the right to post where they choose...it is they way that this forum is set up. I read a lot of threads...sometimes post on them...that doesn't concern me. I just like to understand what other people are doing...and why. It is after all...how you learn about and understand your fellow human beings.

I usually don't go on rant and rave binges...but I just can't stand when people think that if I disagree...I am a "hater". Plus...I don't care for people telling me what I should and should not do. I am a grown woman...I will post whenever and where ever I choose. I am for the most part polite and civil to other people. I don't tell people what they should and should not do...the exception to that is when what they are doing is harmful...such as the OP only eating meat with little else...or doubling up on vitamins to make up for the lack of nutrients because he rarely eats a vegetable.

Yes...this was a rant and rave post...I tried not to insult you or to be a "hater".

Okay...back to my normal programming....
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I calculated my bmr at a body building website. dont know if mfp does tht.

Yes MFP does the calculations too. Click on APPs at the top of the screen. You'll see under that a line that says APP Gallery...Mobile...Tickers...Badges...BMR...BMI.

It took me a while to find this.

Click on BMR...put in your information and see how this compares to the body building website. :smile:
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options

Here is the thing about your attitude...calling all of us that don't low carb...haters...

First of all you would be hard pressed to find any post that I have written that has condemned anyone for going low carb. For myself...it didn't work...didn't like what I was experiencing...plus did like the fact that I had to try and change my cooking patterns. I was also tired a lot. Could I have gotten past some of that...maybe...but I chose not to.

Second...just because someone disagrees with you does not mean that they are haters...just means that we don't agree.

Third...the OP's diet isn't healthy...if you think it is...then I disagree. Does that mean that I hate you...no...just means that I disagree. IMO...you need to stop villainizing people because they think differently.

Fourth...people have the right to post where they choose...it is they way that this forum is set up. I read a lot of threads...sometimes post on them...that doesn't concern me. I just like to understand what other people are doing...and why. It is after all...how you learn about and understand your fellow human beings.

I usually don't go on rant and rave binges...but I just can't stand when people think that if I disagree...I am a "hater". Plus...I don't care for people telling me what I should and should not do. I am a grown woman...I will post whenever and where ever I choose. I am for the most part polite and civil to other people. I don't tell people what they should and should not do...the exception to that is when what they are doing is harmful...such as the OP only eating meat with little else...or doubling up on vitamins to make up for the lack of nutrients because he rarely eats a vegetable.

Yes...this was a rant and rave post...I tried not to insult you or to be a "hater".

I agree, I never saw where you were bashing the OPs choice to go low carb, just what he is calling low carb and how he is doing things. He is not doing it right and over dosing on vitamins because he doesn't want to eat veggies is not a good thing at all.

I am VERY pro low carb and I have tried to be very encouraging and give advice but it has been blatantly ignored by OP... I'm not trying to get him to not do low carb I am trying to convey the dangers of doing incorrectly... But I've come to the conclusion that it's his body and if he wants to absolutely ruin it then it's his prerogative.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough protein

I don't understand the logic behind this.
    If she is eating low carb and according to you might not begetting enough protein, that would mean that she is eating nothing, because with low carb....protein is what is left to eat.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    This is what I ate today

Breakfast
    4 frozen sausage patties, stick of pepperjack cheese

Snack
    Pork Rinds

Lunch
    10 buffalo style chicken wings

Dinner

Ceasar salad half a cup of lettuce. 2 tablespoons of dressing
    3 grilled chicken wings
    Some shredded roast pork
    Grilled chicken thigh

I took two multivitamins in the morning. Feeling good still today. Going to see if I need to up my carbs before bed like I did last night. So far Im feeling good again.

At first glance that looks like a lot of calories to me, though it depends on the exact portions. You might try substituting some of that meat with vegetables and only take the recommended dosage of multivitamins. More likely if you need to supplement anything, it's electrolytes which aren't found in large amounts in multivitamins.

That is the problem with multivitamins and some people...they use it as a substitute to get the micros that they need.

I take one but still try to get what I need through foods. Mine give 50% of the calcium but I still try to get 100% of it through food. Mainly why I started taking it was iron...I just could not eat enough foods with iron to meet my needs.

Doubling up on them might not harm some people but research shows that some things in excess can be harmful.

The food list is useless. " some shredded pork " could be an oz or a pound. Also, who eats two tablespoons of dressing with half a cup of lettuce ? Half a cup of lettuce is almost nothing. I wish the OP would just open her food diary. No matter the style we eat, weighing things on a scale is the most important feature, because otherwise it is next to impossible to tweak a diet so the macros are right and support health and weight loss.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

I agree, I never saw where you were bashing the OPs choice to go low carb, just what he is calling low carb and how he is doing things. He is not doing it right and over dosing on vitamins because he doesn't want to eat veggies is not a good thing at all.

I am VERY pro low carb and I have tried to be very encouraging and give advice but it has been blatantly ignored by OP... I'm not trying to get him to not do low carb I am trying to convey the dangers of doing incorrectly... But I've come to the conclusion that it's his body and if he wants to absolutely ruin it then it's his prerogative.

Thanks...I try...don't always succeed...to be kind!

I agree...the OP is a grown man...it is his choice if he chooses not to take what has been meant by all of us to be helpful.

Funny thing about all of this...

For the past month I have been working to get my protein and fats up. I am a carb love...I admit it. My problem is...as much as I like meat...I don't enjoy eating as much as what I have been. So I have been trying to lower my carb intake to a moderate level and find something besides meat to get my protein and fat levels up. I am not overly fond of beans but I think that I am going to have to make them my new best friend to accomplish what I want to accomplish.

To add to the mix...I have had to go low sodium and am finding out...CARBS NEED SODIUM! The last pasta dish I cooked tasted just plain nasty to me without sodium.

So I have been reading low carb, vegetarian and vegan threads to pick up a little info for me to research.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    ^^^We all know how "special" you are--don't worry.

LOL,

Seriously most people doing low carb will have a larger volume of veggies and maybe some fruit. The OP diet seems like a lot of protein as well.

And thank you as I am 'special' as you put it (thanks I get the reference). I feel on these forum I am amongst my like minded 'Special' people - like yourself.:wink:

Thank you for including me---but decline. I don't need the attention---constantly.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am doing net carbs of around 20g per day and have been for four weeks now. I also take a good quality multi vitamin. I have PCOS and find it incredibly hard to lose weight.
    Since I have been doing low carb - hand on heart - I sleep better than I have in years, I am very rarely actually hungry and feel great. What works for one doesn't work for others but in terms of feeling good it is working for me.

I can't believe the petty things that people are arguing about on here. I just don't get why people have to be so downright rude to be honest!
    As for working out net carbs being complicated... It is total carbs minus the fibre. What is difficult about that?
  • Miamiuu
    Options
    Feel fine today

Breakfast

3 eggs
    1 pepperjack cheese stick

Lunch

2 chicken sausages

Snack

2 tblspoons of peanut butter

Dinner

Atkins pasta bake meal tv dinner- This was real runny tasted ok. Only thing is there were only 4 noodles in the whole dinner. You buy it thinking you can eat pasta, but there is hardly any.

I dont do my food diary.
    Ill probably end up eating some pork rhinds too to get my cals up.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I still would like to know if ^^^above is an example of a typical low carb diet. I really am interested in knowing what you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I also think that it would be beneficial for the OP to know if ^^^above is not normal low carb.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I still would like to know if ^^^above is an example of a typical low carb diet. I really am interested in knowing what you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I also think that it would be beneficial for the OP to know if ^^^above is not normal low carb.

Already answered that - NO.

I should think most of us will be eating a lot more veggies, salad and fruit - with fatty foods being the staple.

Plus with only 4 days left I'm not sure it really matters.
  • Miamiuu
    Options

I should think most of us will be eating a lot more veggies, salad and fruit - with fatty foods being the staple.

I dont like veggies too much which is why I dont eat so many. I like bell peppers, green beans, and lettuce.
  • ALNoog
    Options

I dont like veggies too much which is why I dont eat so many. I like bell peppers, green beans, and lettuce.
    Then eat bell peppers green beans and lettuce
  • ALNoog
    Options

Like we've said.. No it's not typical.... And I've tried to tell him BUT at this point I think he's got me blocked because he hasn't acknowledged one word I have said... Today wasn't typical for me but I had

Ham and pickle rolls with mayo for breakfast (wake up nauseas every day and that is about the only thing I can eat..)
    For lunch I had celery and cream cheese (was running errands all day and I knew dinner would be big)
    For dinner I had 5oz chicken breast. 3 cups salad with bell pepper and onion and tomatoes and olives and cheese and bacon bits. And 1.5 cups sautéed squash and zucchini.
    Then later I was hungry and had some calories to spare so I had another 3 oz of that chicken because it was awesome.

And I drank about 72 oz water today. No sodas. No sugar.
  • ALNoog
    Options
    But as far as a typical day...

IF I'm not feeling sick to my stomach when I wake up I will have
    3 eggs and 2 slices bacon or an omelet with a little ham and bell pepper with cheese and salsa

Lunch is usually tuna salad in half an avacado.

Snack is usually egg salad

Dinner is usually about 5-6 oz of either chicken or beef or about 4 oz pork and either 9 asparagus spears or a cup mashed cauliflower or Brussels sprouts or green beans or broccoli but ALWAYS a meat and a veggie.

And today was light on the water for me... I normally get about 90 oz or more.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

Off subject but I absolutely loathe the word HATER! And "Hater's gonna hate!" I its the most immature, young sounding word that people replace with what's really going on; a freaking opinion. Newsflash, no one really is that important to think anyone is hating on you or anything. lol... delusional thinking at its finest.

Guess I'm a "HATER" now. lmao