7 Days Left on Low carb and fading fast

Options

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What the OP is doing is trying to find a label for the kind of junk food he likes, to feel better. If it is just "I eat only meat and fat" it does not sound nice or healthy. If you convince yourself this is actually a "diet" others are following, then you can feel better about it and pretend you will not die from a heart attack within the next year. It is like someone who eats nothing but doughnuts, switching to vegan doughnuts and pretending he is now following a healthy vegan diet.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I still dont understand why people who dont low carb are posting on this thread? Strange..

My apologies...I didn't realize that you had to be a member of a secret society in order to post on a low carber thread. I must have skipped that MFP rule when I joined.

What I find strange is that it should matter to you.

I never told the OP not to do low carb...I suggested that he do some research on whatever diet he chose instead of doubling up on multivitamins to make up for what he wasn't getting through food.
    Just find it weird people who are anti low carb respond to a low carb post......and hating on it without any valid responses or real info to back it up....just odd. I don't go and post everything I know on low calorie or excercise posts

Here is the thing about your attitude...calling all of us that don't low carb...haters...

First of all you would be hard pressed to find any post that I have written that has condemned anyone for going low carb. For myself...it didn't work...didn't like what I was experiencing...plus did like the fact that I had to try and change my cooking patterns. I was also tired a lot. Could I have gotten past some of that...maybe...but I chose not to.

Second...just because someone disagrees with you does not mean that they are haters...just means that we don't agree.

Third...the OP's diet isn't healthy...if you think it is...then I disagree. Does that mean that I hate you...no...just means that I disagree. IMO...you need to stop villainizing people because they think differently.

Fourth...people have the right to post where they choose...it is they way that this forum is set up. I read a lot of threads...sometimes post on them...that doesn't concern me. I just like to understand what other people are doing...and why. It is after all...how you learn about and understand your fellow human beings.

I usually don't go on rant and rave binges...but I just can't stand when people think that if I disagree...I am a "hater". Plus...I don't care for people telling me what I should and should not do. I am a grown woman...I will post whenever and where ever I choose. I am for the most part polite and civil to other people. I don't tell people what they should and should not do...the exception to that is when what they are doing is harmful...such as the OP only eating meat with little else...or doubling up on vitamins to make up for the lack of nutrients because he rarely eats a vegetable.

Yes...this was a rant and rave post...I tried not to insult you or to be a "hater".

Okay...back to my normal programming....

Off subject but I absolutely loathe the word HATER! And "Hater's gonna hate!" I its the most immature, young sounding word that people replace with what's really going on; a freaking opinion. Newsflash, no one really is that important to think anyone is hating on you or anything. lol... delusional thinking at its finest.

Guess I'm a "HATER" now. lmao

Don't forget to send in your membership dues...as soon as you do you will be receiving your "HATER" t-shirt.

We are planning a cruise for the summer time also...sign-up soon to reserve your spot.

LOL

Seriously though...I am just so tired of hearing people think that someone is a "hater" simply because someone thinks differently. It happens in all aspects of life. I am not some member of a "herd" that thinks we all have to think and act alike.

I should have just let the comments go about "haters" but I am truly tired of the mentality.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I still would like to know if ^^^above is an example of a typical low carb diet. I really am interested in knowing what you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I also think that it would be beneficial for the OP to know if ^^^above is not normal low carb.

Like we've said.. No it's not typical.... And I've tried to tell him BUT at this point I think he's got me blocked because he hasn't acknowledged one word I have said... Today wasn't typical for me but I had

Ham and pickle rolls with mayo for breakfast (wake up nauseas every day and that is about the only thing I can eat..)
    For lunch I had celery and cream cheese (was running errands all day and I knew dinner would be big)
    For dinner I had 5oz chicken breast. 3 cups salad with bell pepper and onion and tomatoes and olives and cheese and bacon bits. And 1.5 cups sautéed squash and zucchini.
    Then later I was hungry and had some calories to spare so I had another 3 oz of that chicken because it was awesome.

And I drank about 72 oz water today. No sodas. No sugar.

I would like to thankyou for answering my questions--you are the first one to do so. Everytime I ask (as above, am always brushed off with a generalized---more veggies, fatty meat, etc.). I like to know the particulars, since I tried it once about 5 years ago, and thought maybe I was doing it wrong. I couldn't keep it up and suffered alot. At that time it didn't have a name and someone doing it just said--no dairy, sugar, or carbs. I wish you all the best with your weightloss.:smile:
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    The reason low carb diets suck......

They are not what your body was built for! EAT MORE FRUIT! We have a sweet tooth for a reason. Fruits and vegetables, the commonly accepted healthiest food that humans have at their disposal, are loaded with carbohydrates. (And everything else the body needs, like anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, phyto-nutrients, essential amino and fatty acids, and fiber) Why would anyone think that restricting those types of foods to the point where you feel crappy is a good idea?
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I still would like to know if ^^^above is an example of a typical low carb diet. I really am interested in knowing what you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I also think that it would be beneficial for the OP to know if ^^^above is not normal low carb.

Like we've said.. No it's not typical.... And I've tried to tell him BUT at this point I think he's got me blocked because he hasn't acknowledged one word I have said... Today wasn't typical for me but I had

Ham and pickle rolls with mayo for breakfast (wake up nauseas every day and that is about the only thing I can eat..)
    For lunch I had celery and cream cheese (was running errands all day and I knew dinner would be big)
    For dinner I had 5oz chicken breast. 3 cups salad with bell pepper and onion and tomatoes and olives and cheese and bacon bits. And 1.5 cups sautéed squash and zucchini.
    Then later I was hungry and had some calories to spare so I had another 3 oz of that chicken because it was awesome.

And I drank about 72 oz water today. No sodas. No sugar.

I would like to thankyou for answering my questions--you are the first one to do so. Everytime I ask (as above, am always brushed off with a generalized---more veggies, fatty meat, etc.). I like to know the particulars, since I tried it once about 5 years ago, and thought maybe I was doing it wrong. I couldn't keep it up and suffered alot. At that time it didn't have a name and someone doing it just said--no dairy, sugar, or carbs. I wish you all the best with your weightloss.:smile:

You are welcome :) I did it a few years ago (before I knew I had to for medical reasons) and I had great success. I lost 89 pounds from the 4th of July through the beginning of December and I learned to make all kinds of cool intricate recipes that kept me from being bored and honestly the first week I felt sluggish but then after that I had so much energy it was crazy! I loved it. I felt better and looked better. The only 2 reasons I stopped was my fiancé at the time left me for a 17 year old and ran away while I was at work and too EVERY thing... By the time I was done paying bills every month and paying for the expensive apartment he had to have I had between 20-40 dollars a month for food... Which buys a whole lot of Ramen noodles and Mac and cheese..... But not much steak and veggies.... Plus my friend cooked for me a lot out of pity and I'm not going to tell someone doing me a favor what I can and can not eat....

This time around just like last time I am taking a very basic approach for the first few months and then will add the fun stuff back in after a few months. There is a website if you google it that is called Linda's low carb and she is AMAZING... Makes all kinds of food..... Her recipes made it fun and exciting and not so bland and where it felt restricted or diet-y
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Diet is almost over feeling good. dont know if it was from me eating 50 grms a day for a day or the multivitamins. Today im eating

Break Fast

1 cup of Kefir

Lunch
    Atkins Swedish meatball meal had mushrooms in it

Snack
    2 table spoons of peanut butter

Dinner

8 chicken wings

Will probably eat some pork rhinds during the day to to get my calories up
  • mdallas6
    mdallas6 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    What happens when you go back to eating normal?

The pounds will pile back on!!
    "Normal" got you fat! It's a lifestyle!
  • mdallas6
    Options
    I still dont understand why people who dont low carb are posting on this thread? Strange..

My apologies...I didn't realize that you had to be a member of a secret society in order to post on a low carber thread. I must have skipped that MFP rule when I joined.

I never told the OP not to do low carb...I suggested that he do some research on whatever diet he chose instead of doubling up on multivitamins to make up for what he wasn't getting through food.
    Just find it weird people who are anti low carb respond to a low carb post......and hating on it without any valid responses or real info to back it up....just odd. I don't go and post everything I know on low calorie or excercise posts

Just curious--is the OP's diet an example of what low carbers eat? All meat, some cheese, and a cup of lettuce a day? I haven't been able to look at any of your food diaries to see what you are eating. How can anyone defend what the OP is eating? Of course people are trying to modify his diet--it's incredible.
    It's a typical diet for low carbers who want to stick to 20 carbs a day. It is the beginning phase and you can stay on it for as long as you want or add more carbs in, 5 carbs at a time to see where your on going weightloss carb count is. I also don't like vegetables and stick with a high fat, low carb diet. Yes it works, very well in fact. It is also a way of life, not a quick fix. For those who "don't like" low carb eating, it's not for you. Being overweight is not for me either, so I enjoy losing 5 lbs a week, off all medications, don't get hungry and feel overall much better than I ever did....oh and all without exercise. And cue all the people who don't agree even though they are not on low carb foods.......
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Personally I have sworn off keto and embraced IIFYM I miss high energy and weight lifting On Keto I was onmy way to skinnyfat
  • snowflake954
    Options
    You are extremely defensive--why? I said his diet was incredible, not because of low carbs (his choice), but the stuff he's eating--not healthy. Why don't you help us all out and give us some ideas of what to eat? Another poster did, and she was very nice. You have offered nothing positive, but just wait to jump on certain posts. If you're having such great success, we'd all like to know how you're doing it, with details please. Be a help and we will love you.:love:

Sorry see below for quote.
  • snowflake954
    Options

Just curious--is the OP's diet an example of what low carbers eat? All meat, some cheese, and a cup of lettuce a day? I haven't been able to look at any of your food diaries to see what you are eating. How can anyone defend what the OP is eating? Of course people are trying to modify his diet--it's incredible.
    It's a typical diet for low carbers who want to stick to 20 carbs a day. It is the beginning phase and you can stay on it for as long as you want or add more carbs in, 5 carbs at a time to see where your on going weightloss carb count is. I also don't like vegetables and stick with a high fat, low carb diet. Yes it works, very well in fact. It is also a way of life, not a quick fix. For those who "don't like" low carb eating, it's not for you. Being overweight is not for me either, so I enjoy losing 5 lbs a week, off all medications, don't get hungry and feel overall much better than I ever did....oh and all without exercise. And cue all the people who don't agree even though they are not on low carb foods.......

^^^^See above
  • mdallas6
    Options
    Not trying to be defensive or mean but when there are multiple people (you can read back the posts) trying to convince low carbers that their diet isn't a true diet and telling them other advice which has no truth to how low carb lifestyle works, I will be a tad upset. I just find it strange that people who are against low carb eating want to discourage others or tell them it doesn't work when in actuality it does. There are tons of people who are changing their eating habits and successfully losing weight on low carb eating and I believe the person asking for advice wanted it from others who eat low carb.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    You are extremely defensive--why? I said his diet was incredible, not because of low carbs (his choice), but the stuff he's eating--not healthy. Why don't you help us all out and give us some ideas of what to eat? Another poster did, and she was very nice. You have offered nothing positive, but just wait to jump on certain posts. If you're having such great success, we'd all like to know how you're doing it, with details please. Be a help and we will love you.:love:

You're clearly not interested in doing low carb yourself, why are you wanting to know what everyone Is eating.

Imaging a selection of vegetables - well you can eat those. Imagine some fruit, in moderation you can eat those. Meat (whatever you can imagine) fatty foods, egg yokes, nuts, avocado, coconut oil etc ( I'll let you imagine).

Basically in any one day you can have a million different combinations of food.

Just use your imagination.

But as you're not going to be doing low carb, not sure what your angle is? Maybe it's just to pressurise other people?
  • snowflake954
    Options

You're clearly not interested in doing low carb yourself, why are you wanting to know what everyone Is eating.

Imaging a selection of vegetables - well you can eat those. Imagine some fruit, in moderation you can eat those. Meat (whatever you can imagine) fatty foods, egg yokes, nuts, avocado, coconut oil etc ( I'll let you imagine).

But as you're not going to be doing low carb, not sure what your angle is? Maybe it's just to pressurise other people?

How do you know I'm not interested? I'm curious. If you'd read a post I wrote earlier, you'd know I tried low carb, but thought I'd done it wrong. I wanted to know why I failed, and since there are those of you who have had such great results---I would like to see why. You see, I live in Italy(American born), and there is a strong food culture--you literally are what you eat. I'm interested in the combinations, and how they work--that is their success I believe. You are always very vague about what you eat, but are so enthusiastic with your results--who wouldn't be curious? Why not share? Come on--don't be so suspicious. :wink:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

How do you know I'm not interested? I'm curious. If you'd read a post I wrote earlier, you'd know I tried low carb, but thought I'd done it wrong. I wanted to know why I failed, and since there are those of you who have had such great results---I would like to see why. You see, I live in Italy(American born), and there is a strong food culture--you literally are what you eat. I'm interested in the combinations, and how they work--that is their success I believe. You are always very vague about what you eat, but are so enthusiastic with your results--who wouldn't be curious? Why not share? Come on--don't be so suspicious. :wink:

Okay, I'll share.

typical day

Breakfast - coffee (I'm eating when I'm hungry so I normally have my first food about noon.

I normally have chicken and raw carrot batons - maybe a satsuma for afters.

If I snack between lunch and dinner I normally have a handful of nuts (almonds, macadamias, hazelnuts).

For dinner - chilli (no kidney beans) buttered mushrooms, sweet potato (mashed). Glass of red wine and for afters a few squares of 85% chocolate.

As I'm eating when I'm hungry if I need to snack I sometimes eat tomatoes (which I really like) or some mature cheddar.

Hope that's not too vague.:smile:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I just find it strange that people who are against low carb eating want to discourage others or tell them it doesn't work when in actuality it does. There are tons of people who are changing their eating habits and successfully losing weight on low carb eating and I believe the person asking for advice wanted it from others who eat low carb.

I know a lot of people who have lost weight, and a lot of people who have tried to lose weight and put it back on.

Every. Single. Person. I know who has done "low carb" has found it totally unsustainable in the long term and put the weight back on. Every last one of them. I discourage people from low carb because it is, in the real world, not something people will do for the rest of their lives, and it therefore does not prepare them to maintain a healthy weight for the rest of their lives by teaching them good, sustainable, adaptable, flexible eating habits.

The goal of any dietary change should generally be to learn how to eat for the rest of your life. This means teaching yourself how to eat in any situation. How to moderate high-calorie foods, but still fit them in where you want. What sacrifices you have to make for that piece of pizza or slice of pie. Low carb diets do not teach you how to responsibly enjoy everyday foods that you will be presented with for the upcoming 50 years. They are, in my view, unsustainable short-term fixes that don't actually help anyone learn regular, normal, healthy eating habits.

Also, pretty much everyone on MFP who has demonstrated long-term realistic maintenance after being formerly obese has done so without low carb, and pretty much all of the low-carb advocates on MFP such as yourself lack such a history.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be defensive or mean but when there are multiple people (you can read back the posts) trying to convince low carbers that their diet isn't a true diet and telling them other advice which has no truth to how low carb lifestyle works, I will be a tad upset. I just find it strange that people who are against low carb eating want to discourage others or tell them it doesn't work when in actuality it does. There are tons of people who are changing their eating habits and successfully losing weight on low carb eating and I believe the person asking for advice wanted it from others who eat low carb.

I am doing low carb and I never tried to discourage him or tell him what to do.... If he thinks low carb is coke and ice cream sandwiches more power to him....
  • scoutli
    scoutli Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ive low carbed in the past and that is the quickest way I noticed I lost a good amount of weight. I only have 7 more days of this low carbing and then I think Im going to count calories for a few weeks. Maybe mix my diet up since Im not working right now, but my parents are willing to buy me food I need so I lose weight. Thinking about just going on a 2000 calorie a day diet after I finish this and then maybe low carb every two weeks and then alternate. My weight yoyos a lot because I know how to eat really but I just stop caring for awhile pig out and then gain the weight back so I have to do things to lose it again.

Here is the problem. You're not thinking long term, you're thinking quick fix. When the quick fix ends, you fall back into old eating habits and put the weight back on.
    Think long term.
    This. Stop dieting. Diets end, as yours will in a few days.
  • mdallas6
    Options
    I just find it strange that people who are against low carb eating want to discourage others or tell them it doesn't work when in actuality it does. There are tons of people who are changing their eating habits and successfully losing weight on low carb eating and I believe the person asking for advice wanted it from others who eat low carb.

I know a lot of people who have lost weight, and a lot of people who have tried to lose weight and put it back on.

Every. Single. Person. I know who has done "low carb" has found it totally unsustainable in the long term and put the weight back on. Every last one of them. I discourage people from low carb because it is, in the real world, not something people will do for the rest of their lives, and it therefore does not prepare them to maintain a healthy weight for the rest of their lives by teaching them good, sustainable, adaptable, flexible eating habits.

The goal of any dietary change should generally be to learn how to eat for the rest of your life. This means teaching yourself how to eat in any situation. How to moderate high-calorie foods, but still fit them in where you want. What sacrifices you have to make for that piece of pizza or slice of pie. Low carb diets do not teach you how to responsibly enjoy everyday foods that you will be presented with for the upcoming 50 years. They are, in my view, unsustainable short-term fixes that don't actually help anyone learn regular, normal, healthy eating habits.

Also, pretty much everyone on MFP who has demonstrated long-term realistic maintenance after being formerly obese has done so without low carb, and pretty much all of the low-carb advocates on MFP such as yourself lack such a history.
    thanks for restating what I said. Yes low carb is a lifestyle change, as is anything else people who want a healthier lifestyle whether it's low cal , excercise, low carb, Paleo, stomach surgery, etc....otherwise they'd still be overweight. Anyone on any type of "diet" can gain the weight back, even stomach surgery. My way of eating us different than yours, but it's results are the same. Mine may just fit my life better than another way of eating. No reason to "hate" on others method. I'm a whole lot healthier, I feel better, I'm on 0 medications and it fits MY life. I don't see anything wrong with that!
  • st_scrivener
    Options
    Why are you doing something that you won't be doing forever?

What do you think is giving to happen after day 7? Magical weight loss? Maintenance will just happen?

No. You will gain weight by reintroducing carbs. It's a silly diet unless, you need to do it for medical reasons, or you decide to make it your lifestyle and do it for life.

No... you'll gain weight by consuming an excess of calories. I lost over 100 pounds through low-carbing it and once I switched to a more standard diet, yes, I gained some water weight back, but lost it again right away because I kept counting calories.