7 Days Left on Low carb and fading fast

Options

Replies

• subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Eats an incredibly low amount of carbs, the body's preferred energy source, then complains about not having energy. Is this real life? srs
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Just don't understand people who think doing some magical diet will make them lose weight quickly. Unless of course for medical issues, just eat at a reasonable deficit and exercise, it's really that easy!!

I wouldn't say it's easy. Simple, yes. Easy? Not always.

Simple and Easy are synonyms for each other, meaning practically the same thing.

Uh, no, they are not. Hitting a golf ball is simple. You swing the club and hit the ball. But it's really f'in hard to do well. Just like throwing a football. Heck, chess takes 10 minutes to learn but I've never heard anyone say that chess is easy.

Look it up in a dictionary/thesaurus....they are synonyms for each other, and mean practically the same thing.
    Now don't get me wrong, changing your eating habits is not easy or really simple for that matter, but the idea behind it is both simple and easy

The concept of eating less and moving more is simple.

The application of eating less and moving more is not always easy

If it was, there would be no need for this website, special fad diets, or any other bs people use to try to lose weight. But if you want to continue splitting hairs, be my guest.

I am pretty sure we are saying the same thing here!

I was just saying that the definitions of both words in a dictionary mean almost the same thing.
    ETA : the thesaurus has them both a synonyms for each other also

Simple = Not complex

Easy = Not difficult.

They have quite different meanings from each other in the phrase "Losing weight is simple, but not easy."
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Just don't understand people who think doing some magical diet will make them lose weight quickly. Unless of course for medical issues, just eat at a reasonable deficit and exercise, it's really that easy!!

Simple and Easy are synonyms for each other, meaning practically the same thing.

Uh, no, they are not. Hitting a golf ball is simple. You swing the club and hit the ball. But it's really f'in hard to do well. Just like throwing a football. Heck, chess takes 10 minutes to learn but I've never heard anyone say that chess is easy.

Look it up in a dictionary/thesaurus....they are synonyms for each other, and mean practically the same thing.
    Now don't get me wrong, changing your eating habits is not easy or really simple for that matter, but the idea behind it is both simple and easy

If it was, there would be no need for this website, special fad diets, or any other bs people use to try to lose weight. But if you want to continue splitting hairs, be my guest.

I was just saying that the definitions of both words in a dictionary mean almost the same thing.

the thesaurus doesn't only give words that are 100% synonymous, each of the words in each thesaurus entry have some degree of similarity in meaning but they're not synonymous in every context. It's always a good idea to look words you find in a thesaurus up in a dictionary before using them, as not all the words will be a suitable replacement for the word you want to replace in the context you want to use it.

simple and easy don't mean exactly the same. Simple is the opposite of complex... complex means it has many parts or many steps. A torch is a simple machine because it just has a lightbulb, a switch, wires and a battery. A car engine is a complex machine, because it has many different parts to it. You can't say "a torch is an easy machine" or "a car is a difficult machine" - in this context easy is not synonymous with simple (or complex with difficult). In the context of a maths class, easy and simple may be synonymous, e.g. 1+1= is a maths problem that's both simple and easy. So in this context they are synonymous.

weight loss is simple, but it's not always easy. simple because all you need is a calorie deficit... but actually finding the right way for you as an individual to eat at a deficit and maintain that way of eating long term so you can get to and maintain a healthy weight.... not easy.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the pages and pages of responses, but I think I may have an answer for you.

I'm doing low-carb as well, but not as a temporary / diet solution... I intend to stay low(er) carb permanently as I feel so much better when I stay away from breads and snacks.... right now, I'm super low carb, slowly adding some back...

I started feeling the same way a few days ago, and turns out I was suffering from low iron...

I was getting plenty of protein, but wasn't eating enough iron rich foods (I would say meat, but live in fear of getting torn apart by the folks who know more than I do) and I was becoming anemic.

I went to the store, bought some spinach, some eggs, and some steaks.... feeling better already! :)

Good luck!
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the pages and pages of responses, but I think I may have an answer for you.

I'm doing low-carb as well, but not as a temporary / diet solution... I intend to stay low(er) carb permanently as I feel so much better when I stay away from breads and snacks.... right now, I'm super low carb, slowly adding some back...

I started feeling the same way a few days ago, and turns out I was suffering from low iron...

I was getting plenty of protein, but wasn't eating enough iron rich foods (I would say meat, but live in fear of getting torn apart by the folks who know more than I do) and I was becoming anemic.

I went to the store, bought some spinach, some eggs, and some steaks.... feeling better already! :)

Good luck!

I do low carb too and agree with what you said 100%
    But missed the party there the carbs he does get are from soda and drinks mostly...
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    OP (if you're still listening) "playing around" with LCHF is not to your best advantage. If you want to take charge of your health and lose weight, give it an honest go, there are a couple of things that will help:

1) Read and understand your plan. There are a number of LC plans out there. "New Atkins for a New You" is a good one.

2) Follow the instructions. With the plan noted above, it's 20 net carbs a day for Induction, not 30. Be strict about the rules of the diet.

3) There is an adaptation period. Some people feel weak in the early stages of the diet because the diet acts as a powerful diuretic - losing a lot of water fast can cause an electrolyte imbalance. To alleviate these symptoms, STAY THE COURSE AND INCREASE YOUR SODIUM. Drink some broth or bouillon, or add more sodium at the table (table salt). Be sure to drink plenty of water. Once you enter ketosis, you will feel better. Keto adaptation will take a bit longer, but it feels fantastic when you get there.

4) Eat adequate protein. Eat as much fat as you need to feel satisfied. Fat is your friend.

Going on and off the diet will just make you miserable.

Ignore the naysayers. This diet works for a LOT of people. It is scientifically validated. There's lots of data out there.

But you need to give it an honest go for it to work.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Too much potassium from supplements is virtually impossible. All the pills have about 100 mg per tablet. You're technically right, but I don't think that's a concern.

Many potassium supplements have significantly more than 100 mg. 500-600 mg is not terribly uncommon. I know the risk is not huge, but it makes sense to know if it's even needed before OP starts messing around with it. There's potassium in meat, which I'm guessing OP is eating since she eats low carb
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Simple = Not complex

Easy = Not difficult.

They have quite different meanings from each other in the phrase "Losing weight is simple, but not easy."

Yeah, I'm easy but not simple! :laugh:
  • mdallas6
    mdallas6 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Good luck!
    Glad to see I'm not the only one getting tired all of the sudden! I've been low carbing since November (20-30 a day ) and have become suddenly super tired lately. Guess I need more iron! Glad I googled it!
  • mdallas6
    mdallas6 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    OP (if you're still listening) "playing around" with LCHF is not to your best advantage. If you want to take charge of your health and lose weight, give it an honest go, there are a couple of things that will help:

1) Read and understand your plan. There are a number of LC plans out there. "New Atkins for a New You" is a good one.

2) Follow the instructions. With the plan noted above, it's 20 net carbs a day for Induction, not 30. Be strict about the rules of the diet.

3) There is an adaptation period. Some people feel weak in the early stages of the diet because the diet acts as a powerful diuretic - losing a lot of water fast can cause an electrolyte imbalance. To alleviate these symptoms, STAY THE COURSE AND INCREASE YOUR SODIUM. Drink some broth or bouillon, or add more sodium at the table (table salt). Be sure to drink plenty of water. Once you enter ketosis, you will feel better. Keto adaptation will take a bit longer, but it feels fantastic when you get there.

4) Eat adequate protein. Eat as much fat as you need to feel satisfied. Fat is your friend.

Going on and off the diet will just make you miserable.

Ignore the naysayers. This diet works for a LOT of people. It is scientifically validated. There's lots of data out there.

But you need to give it an honest go for it to work.
    Wishing there was a "like" button for this!!!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    You should start mentally preparing yourself for weight gain starting in 7 days.

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

+1 and also quoting because I like your credentials :ohwell:
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options

Good luck!
    Glad to see I'm not the only one getting tired all of the sudden! I've been low carbing since November (20-30 a day ) and have become suddenly super tired lately. Guess I need more iron! Glad I googled it!

Yes! That will help a lot. Are you taking a multi vitamin also? That makes a big difference.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I ended up upping my carbs to 50 for the night cus my head felt so weird and I couldnt sleep. Maybe i'll go down to 30 again today. Anyone else think a multivitamin may work?
  • Miamiuu
    Options
    I went to the store and just bought a regular multivitamin and going to try to hit only 30 carbs again today and see what happens.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

the thesaurus doesn't only give words that are 100% synonymous, each of the words in each thesaurus entry have some degree of similarity in meaning but they're not synonymous in every context. It's always a good idea to look words you find in a thesaurus up in a dictionary before using them, as not all the words will be a suitable replacement for the word you want to replace in the context you want to use it.

simple and easy don't mean exactly the same. Simple is the opposite of complex... complex means it has many parts or many steps. A torch is a simple machine because it just has a lightbulb, a switch, wires and a battery. A car engine is a complex machine, because it has many different parts to it. You can't say "a torch is an easy machine" or "a car is a difficult machine" - in this context easy is not synonymous with simple (or complex with difficult). In the context of a maths class, easy and simple may be synonymous, e.g. 1+1= is a maths problem that's both simple and easy. So in this context they are synonymous.

weight loss is simple, but it's not always easy. simple because all you need is a calorie deficit... but actually finding the right way for you as an individual to eat at a deficit and maintain that way of eating long term so you can get to and maintain a healthy weight.... not easy.

You folks are reading way to far into my harmless statement.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    maybe, just maybe, you're lacking energy because you're not eating enough carbohydrate
    Crazy talk! You mean cutting out your body's number one energy source gives you a lack of energy? No way!:drinker:
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Multivitamins will not replace carbs. If you suspect a vitamin deficiency, it is time to closely look at your diary and see what are your vitamin sources. I doubt you can develop a vitamin deficiency in a few weeks, unless you are e.g. avoiding any fresh product (animal or vegetable) like the plague, or that it would explain your symptoms.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    maybe, just maybe, you're lacking energy because you're not eating enough carbohydrate
    Crazy talk! You mean cutting out your body's number one energy source gives you a lack of energy? No way!:drinker:

Number 2 energy source and then the body can make it itself. Although just to correct you, I don't think the OP has been cutting OUT carbs, she has been eating low carbs.

That said as she is only doing this for 30 days - not sure what benefits she will se in such a short period of time.
  • Miamiuu
    Options
    Some of my pants that used to be tighter arent as tight any more. Going to just have to wait and see if they still fit better once I get my water weight back. Saves me money from having to go to the store and buy new clothes since all my pants were getting too tight.