7 Days Left on Low carb and fading fast

Options

Replies

• MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Like a poster above mentioned, have a carb refeed day/meal once a week.

It gets your body out of survival mode. If you're continually not feeding it carbs, your body will change modes from trying to lose fat, to creating energy from sources within your body.

A good healthy carb refeeder is a sweet potato with cinnamon.

Just make sure you go over your daily calorie maintenance once a week.
  • oSummerRaeo
    oSummerRaeo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ive been low carbing now for 23 days and felt ok, but ever since the last 11 days hit of my 30 day diet I am feeling only enough energy to do normal things like sit around the house. Im eating 30 grams a day at about 1500 calories. I lost 10 pounds on the scale so maybe 5 of that is water weight, but I look and feel thinner. Whats the longest yall have done a very low carb induction rate? And whats with my energy being alright till the 19th day of low carbing and then now seems like everything has started to bug me.
    Insane. Your body is telling you that it's not working properly, YOU NEED CARBS FOR ENERGY! That's what they are used by the body for!!! Please read this: http://www.wahm.com/articles/Low-Carb-Stupidity-Vs-Low-Carb-Intelligence-Making-The-Most-Out-Of-Your-Low-Carb-Food-Plan.html

"losing" weight is not worth the sake of your health or feeling like poop.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough protein

If this is the case, she is low carbing very wrong.
    True that! :laugh:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Eat some carbs - Problem solved. You lose weight because of the calorie deficit not the carb deficit.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Just don't understand people who think doing some magical diet will make them lose weight quickly. Unless of course for medical issues, just eat at a reasonable deficit and exercise, it's really that easy!!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Just don't understand people who think doing some magical diet will make them lose weight quickly. Unless of course for medical issues, just eat at a reasonable deficit and exercise, it's really that easy!!

I wouldn't say it's easy. Simple, yes. Easy? Not always.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Ive low carbed in the past and that is the quickest way I noticed I lost a good amount of weight. I only have 7 more days of this low carbing and then I think Im going to count calories for a few weeks. Maybe mix my diet up since Im not working right now, but my parents are willing to buy me food I need so I lose weight. Thinking about just going on a 2000 calorie a day diet after I finish this and then maybe low carb every two weeks and then alternate.

That is the wrong way to low carb since it can take up to 3 weeks to enter ketosis. You are probably better off switching to a different program. With low carb you have to stick with it not just play with it.

it doesn't take three weeks to "enter ketosis"

you can "enter ketosis" in a day by going for a very long run without eating first. Ketosis happens when your glycogen stores are depleted. marathon runners call this "hitting the wall" - the body can't get as much energy in the same time frame from fat or protein as it can from carbs. The result is that the quality of the workout suffers (i.e. how much you can lift or how fast you can run declines rapidly) and the person lacks energy for day to day tasks. This is what's happening to the OP.... she's depleted her glycogen stores and now she doesn't have enough energy to go about her day. It's counter-productive because she'll burn more calories in a day (and therefore get to eat more and still lose fat) if she actually ate some carbs, plus she'll have more energy and feel better. As for successful weight loss, most of the initial weight loss from low carb is your glycogen stores being depleted. You don't burn any more fat doing low carb than you would eating the same number of calories on any other diet. But you do have a lot more energy eating balanced macros (i.e. sensible amounts of protein, fat and carbs) and being careful not to go over your calorie goal. Plus you get to eat yummy carb foods and still lose fat. Additionally, a more flexible approach generally is more sustainable in the long term, because most people don't want to live without carbs for the rest of their life.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    What is your total carb vs net carb count? If you eat complex carbs those two numbers will be very different. If you eat simple carbs, those numbers will be the same. You can probably have more carbs, as long as they come from fibrous vegetables. I think 30g net carbs of broccoli is something like 10 cups. I'd bet you aren't eating 10 cups of broccoli a day.

In other words, what is your fiber intake?
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Simple and Easy are synonyms for each other, meaning practically the same thing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    The whole result of low carbing for just about any low carb approach is........................less calories eaten overall. The good news is that that same approach works WITHOUT having to low carb. But of course somehow the SCALE seems to be the tool that people gauge their success by.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    it doesn't take three weeks to "enter ketosis"

Read what I wrote. I said it can take up to 3 weeks.
    It takes me a few days to enter ketosis on low carb so when I binge, I can lose up to a week of benefits.

Her method won't keep her in ketosis which is why I said there was no use for her to continue with the low carb.

So unless you've been on a low carb diet take your assumptions elsewhere.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Simple and Easy are synonyms for each other, meaning practically the same thing.

Uh, no, they are not. Hitting a golf ball is simple. You swing the club and hit the ball. But it's really f'in hard to do well. Just like throwing a football. Heck, chess takes 10 minutes to learn but I've never heard anyone say that chess is easy.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I dont believe too much in net carbs so if it has carbs I count all the carbs for my day. Im eating a veggie every other day since I dont like too many, but I also was horribly constipated one day so I decided to fit in some veggies. Today Im going to have me a ceasar salad and day after tomorrow going to eat green beans.
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @Beta_Ray_Bill Selector
    Your title is AMAZING. Hahahahahaha.

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

[/quote]
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Uh, no, they are not. Hitting a golf ball is simple. You swing the club and hit the ball. But it's really f'in hard to do well. Just like throwing a football. Heck, chess takes 10 minutes to learn but I've never heard anyone say that chess is easy.

Look it up in a dictionary/thesaurus....they are synonyms for each other, and mean practically the same thing.
    Now don't get me wrong, changing your eating habits is not easy or really simple for that matter, but the idea behind it is both simple and easy
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Look it up in a dictionary/thesaurus....they are synonyms for each other, and mean practically the same thing.
    Now don't get me wrong, changing your eating habits is not easy or really simple for that matter, but the idea behind it is both simple and easy

The concept of eating less and moving more is simple.

The application of eating less and moving more is not always easy

If it was, there would be no need for this website, special fad diets, or any other bs people use to try to lose weight. But if you want to continue splitting hairs, be my guest.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Ive been low carbing now for 23 days and felt ok, but ever since the last 11 days hit of my 30 day diet I am feeling only enough energy to do normal things like sit around the house. Im eating 30 grams a day at about 1500 calories. I lost 10 pounds on the scale so maybe 5 of that is water weight, but I look and feel thinner. Whats the longest yall have done a very low carb induction rate? And whats with my energy being alright till the 19th day of low carbing and then now seems like everything has started to bug me.

I would personally say if you are only looking to do LCHF for a short period of time 30 days (and then looking to switch back to higher carbs) maybe hit the carbs again and enjoy your food.

If you've entered into it with the option of it being a lifestyle change then I would preserver with it. LCHF is really only beneficial in the long term if you are looking to adapt the way your body prioritises it fuel burning.

LCHF is not for everyone, if you really do not want to give up a medium to high carb intake - stick with more nutrient efficient carbs and eat at a deficit.

Good luck with whatever you do though. :smile:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Don't take potassium supplements without first speaking to your doctor.
  • lozeliz
    lozeliz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Don't take potassium supplements without first speaking to your doctor.

I wouldn't recommend potassium supplements unless there's a deficiency, but why do you say this? As far as I know there's nothing remotely dangerous about them. They really don't even have much potassium in them.