News - woman asked to cover her toned body in the gym?

Options

Replies

• katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I saw this woman strip down naked in the locker room (kind of hard not to notice when it's a small room) and put on loose fitting/swishy running short with no undies then go and work out on the weight machines, totally free-vaging it. Kinda weird.

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

For a second I thought "fitting/swishy" said "fishy" LOL LOL.

Might as well have! Gym's aren't really the best place to go commando in my opinion... so much other people's sweat & germs.... lol
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Where the heck are all the gyms that are 10$ a month...I want one too.

lol..well mine isn't a chain, but i know of a few others in my area that are about the same. crunch being one. retro fitness is another. not sure about ymca's but i hear they are affordable, and usually everywhere.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I saw this woman strip down naked in the locker room (kind of hard not to notice when it's a small room) and put on loose fitting/swishy running short with no undies then go and work out on the weight machines, totally free-vaging it. Kinda weird.

I. Am. Cracking. Up. Both at the original "free-vaging it" comment and your accidental read. Too many laughs. Pains in the side.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    LOL @ "free-vaging it"
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

Although, I can admit I've "compromised" some work out gear in the past (usually what I'm leaving the gym in, or dirty work out clothes vs no work out at all) or skipping the panty under not see through clothing on my way out after the hot tub...

Dirty shoes.

Non-sports bras. (I don't even need a bra to lift!)

No towel, it's all good I can drip dry.

Ok, I think I actually sympathize with Ms. FreeVag.

Work outs must be completed no matter what even if you forget something important like underwear!

HAHAHAHAHA
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

lol..well mine isn't a chain, but i know of a few others in my area that are about the same. crunch being one. retro fitness is another. not sure about ymca's but i hear they are affordable, and usually everywhere.

The Y affordable??? Well, I mean, it's affordable, but it isn't anywhere near $10/month. I think I was paying $78/month when I was a member there.

Oh, wait, that was the family rate. I'd guess the individual rate was probably closer to $40.

Okay, you're right. That *is* completely affordable.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have heard a lot of things like this about PF....one of my coworkers used to go to one here locally and was asked to leave as he was working out too hard and it was bothering other people.

WTF? its a gym...if you dont go there to get a decent workout whats the point?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    If you're a PF member and talking negatively about them.... be careful. They read these posts.

I made a post about them about a year ago and a manager of one of the Charlotte, NC locations called me on my cell phone to reprimand me because my post was against policy and I was intimidating members.

This is scary *kitten*.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

just find one where you can't deadlift, squat, grunt, drop weights, wear certain clothing...
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    LOL... :laugh: I SAW THAT MESS! :grumble: :noway: I read it in disbelief!!!!! I LOVE TO SEE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE TONED B/C IT LETS ME KNOW ITS POSSIBLE FOR ME TO RISE FROM THE ASHES OF MY LIFE - AS WELL. I WILL NEVER SET FOOT IN THAT PLACE!!!!! NOT EVEN IF THEY PAID ME TO COME!!!! ALL THEIR TONED PEOPLE SHOULD REBEL..... AND LET THEIR DOLLARS PROTEST FOR THEM!!! :flowerforyou:

ITS A STUPID POLICY!!!!!! WHO EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING!? I GUESS THEY DON'T HAVE TRAINERS THERE.... AND IF THEY DO - THEY ARE MORBIDLY OBESE.

SOUNDS LIKE REVERSE INTIMIDATION TO ME..... IF THE TONED PEOPLE CAN'T COME AND SIMPLY DO THEIR WORKOUT WITHOUT OTHERS COMPLAINING. ITS A FREE COUNTRY - ISN'T IT?

GUESS NOT AT THAT SILLY GYM!
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I saw that on the news and I think it is ridiculous. People really do need to worry about themselves and this is a prime example. Complaining about her "intimidating" others? Talk about pushing your own insecurities onto others.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    LOL... :laugh: I SAW THAT MESS! :grumble: :noway: I read it in disbelief!!!!! I LOVE TO SEE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE TONED B/C IT LETS ME KNOW ITS POSSIBLE FOR ME TO RISE FROM THE ASHES OF MY LIFE - AS WELL. I WILL NEVER SET FOOT IN THAT PLACE!!!!! NOT EVEN IF THEY PAID ME TO COME!!!! ALL THEIR TONED PEOPLE SHOULD REBEL..... AND LET THEIR DOLLARS PROTEST FOR THEM!!! :flowerforyou:

ITS A STUPID POLICY!!!!!! WHO EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING!? I GUESS THEY DON'T HAVE TRAINERS THERE.... AND IF THEY DO - THEY ARE MORBIDLY OBESE.

SOUNDS LIKE REVERSE INTIMIDATION TO ME..... IF THE TONED PEOPLE CAN'T COME AND SIMPLY DO THEIR WORKOUT WITHOUT OTHERS COMPLAINING. ITS A FREE COUNTRY - ISN'T IT?

YOU KNOW WHAT *ISN'T*...

*ahem* ...sorry...

You know what *isn't* a stupid policy? Prohibiting excessive caps lock usage in the forums.

I could totally get behind that policy.

ETA: And that "it's a free country" thing? That's applicable to government intervention, not for private businesses making policies (that don't otherwise violate some aspects where the government has already intervened for the greater good and all that).
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we are now living in a world where we have to hide our success because any and everything offends someone else and hurts their feelings.

That is so sad.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Join a gym without a dress code if you want to show your stomach.

When I worked out at the YMCA, a woman was asked to leave because she was in a glorified pair of underwear and bra with a Nike logo on it. You can work out just as well in a tshirt and an actual pair of shorts.

They only dress like that because they want attention. If you want to walk around in a sports bra, go to Walmart. They don't seem to have a dress code.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options

Why are you yelling at us? :sad: :sad:

lol :wink:
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    ...not sure about ymca's but i hear they are affordable, and usually everywhere.

From: http://www.ymcatwincities.org/membership/membership_rates/

Membership Types
    Adult 18+: $65 per month

Dual: $109 per month

Family: $119 per month

Youth ages 10-17 : $38 per month

Student ages 18-25: $150 per quarter

Enrollment Fee: $150
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    Planet fitness. Where you will come looking for fitness and leave looking like a planet thanks to our free pizza and lack of workout equipment!
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    ...not sure about ymca's but i hear they are affordable, and usually everywhere.

From: http://www.ymcatwincities.org/membership/membership_rates/

Membership Types
    Adult 18+: $65 per month

Dual: $109 per month

Family: $119 per month

Youth ages 10-17 : $38 per month

Student ages 18-25: $150 per quarter

Enrollment Fee: $150

Omg that's high. I thought mine was a little much at $40.

(It may just be the area in which you live though)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I do this. I mean the no undies in my shorts because my shorts have a undie liner. Not the fishy free vag thing.

Brain bleach, don't you wish you had a bottle?
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    Join a gym without a dress code if you want to show your stomach.

When I worked out at the YMCA, a woman was asked to leave because she was in a glorified pair of underwear and bra with a Nike logo on it. You can work out just as well in a tshirt and an actual pair of shorts.

They only dress like that because they want attention. If you want to walk around in a sports bra, go to Walmart. They don't seem to have a dress code.

Ah yes, you must know everything about this woman who wants to show off her hard earned physique. She only does it because she wants attention. I'm sure she couldn't go anywhere else and find attention outside of the gym. Great logic.