What did you eat for lunch today?

Options

Replies

• basowner
    basowner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was craving an egg white omelet with mushrooms and turkey sausage. breakfast items for lunch or dinner is my favorite--my downfall sometimes.
  • dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I do leftovers for lunch a lot, and always have a big bowl of roasted veggies cooked to add to them. Today - a bit of leftover pork chop from last night, a pile of my current batch of veggies (cauliflower, red bell pepper, zucchini, and yellow summer squash this time), and a salad of romaine with Caesar dressing and garlic butter croutons. Lots of colors, textures, and flavors, right at 300 calories, and I'm stuffed.
  • winyin
    winyin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm having taco soup and a salad. If you would like the recipe let me know and I will provide it It is 174 cals for a cup
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    sandwich variant:

2 oz. deli turkey, one wedge laughing cow cheese, on a Wasa rye cracker (instead of bread)

I had avocado on a cracker this morning and will have blackberries as a snack later. Maybe some almonds too.

Two days ago I had tuna on the cracker for lunch, that's as variable as I've been getting lately.
  • larowe27
    larowe27 Posts: 10
    Options
    2 OZ baked chicken breast
    3 cups baby romaine lettuces
    1 TBS cesar dressing

:smile:
  • Bsmith1985
    Options
    3 cups of frozen veggies and 6 oz of frozen chicken fajitas nuked for 10 minuets with 2 tbs of picante sauce
  • mevgeuss
    mevgeuss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mixed green salad with tomato and 1/2 avocado. Olive oil and Balsamic dressing.
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    A half can of black beans seasoned with garlic, cilantro, salt and red onion, with half an avacado sliced over it, and a big ole squeeze of lime juice on top, along with a fage cherry pomegranate yogurt.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A spicy chicken sammich
    Diet Ginger Ale
    And a 5 mile run.
  • Torigirl63
    Options
    Still Morning here but plan to eat Strawberries and a Slimfast meal bar.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine Chicken Marsala.
    Not too bad for 210 calories.
    Afternoon snacks: carrots and sugar snap peas!
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    6 oz of grilled chicken breast, and a baked sweet potato. I have been crazy hungry all day and am so glad I prepped my lunches for the week. I needed this protein today in a bad way.
  • babansonia
    babansonia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Half tuna on multigrain, dill spear and small pasta salad- about 370 cals. Have lost about 8 lbs in 3 weeks by having normal healthy breakfast and lunch and the secret--- "early dinner" which is more like a healthy snack around 4pm and nothing afterwards. Even with some slipups and dinner invitations the weight is still coming off ounce by ounce!
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I love eating lunches that fill me up. I cannot keep up my energy with a light 200 calories lunch. That's why I load my salad with lots of yummy chicken

Chicken Salad:

Romaine Lettuce
    Yellow Pepper
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Cucumber
    5.7 ounces Chicken (breaded and baked)
    Sundried Tomato Dressing

all for only 500 calories
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a low carb diet where I eat a bunch of small things instead of one big meal.

For lunch I have:

Cottage cheese
    Pistachios
    A string cheese
    Strawberries
    Prunes

Kind of odd but it works.
  • slimmalikah
    slimmalikah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. Homemade crab cakes with mash potatoes. DELICIOUS!!
  • Oldtimer_65
    Options
    Baked chicken breast with bacon and spinach on top, steamed broccoli and carrots.

Oh, yeah, and a slice of birthday cake. oops.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    BLT with Avocados! And it rocked!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    American chop suey (aka goulash) leftovers. Yum!
  • 2BFitHealthy
    Options
    Lean Cuisine: Glazed Chicken 240 calories