Are there any other competitive lifters in here?

Options

Replies

• Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    What events are in the strongman comp you are doing?

295's Fat Grip Farmers Walk with 1 turn + 450lb Hand over hand sled pull

500lb Axle Deadlift for reps no straps

45lb Sledge hammer crucifix holds for time

295's farmers handle holds for time

Lots of grip and torture events. What about your's?

Promoter doesn't want to bring a variety of gear?

Anyways, mine will be

1. People Deadlift (This event will be performed with a car deadlift apparatus retrofitted to hold people. Most likely will be a rising bar format. Weight TBA)
    2. Sandbag carry for distance (200lbs)
    3. Stone over a bar for reps (300lb stone)
    4. Heavy Yoke Carry (between 600-700lbs) 40ft with a drop turn at 20ft
    5. Circus Dumbbell for reps (125lb dumbbell) This is the final event and will take place on the main stage.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Also, what the hell happened here, I go for a nap and I come back and everything has gone of the rails. The op, wanted to deal with people who have competed. It is a different feeling. In training, if have an off day, no problem. During a competition, you hundreds of people watching you and it can get to your nerves pretty good. It really isn't like a training day, no matter how much I try to tell myself that.
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Y'all are derailing his thread for no good reason. Let him find his real powerlifting soul buddies in peace. god.
    How kind of you to come down off your cross to police the Inter-toobz.

Oh. Almost forgot.

:flowerforyou:

Lol. You are a ridiculous person. I mean that in the nicest of ways.

But please don't respond to this, I see that you are busy discussing your powerlifting accomplishments (of which you should be quite proud - I assume, I have no idea what you're talking about as I'm just a Crossfitter) on the thread of someone who expressly stated that he does not want to talk to you on this particular thread.
  • mushie
    mushie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna say welcome back and leave it at that. Wondered where you'd gotten to.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    nevermind
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Also, what the hell happened here, I go for a nap and I come back and everything has gone of the rails. The op, wanted to deal with people who have competed. It is a different feeling. In training, if have an off day, no problem. During a competition, you hundreds of people watching you and it can get to your nerves pretty good. It really isn't like a training day, no matter how much I try to tell myself that.
    I would never in a million years disagree with that. However, what you have stated is a far, far cry from the conversational misstep made by the OP.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Bump

lol, instigator.

gifstache.com_323_1341954201.gif
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Y'all are derailing his thread for no good reason. Let him find his real powerlifting soul buddies in peace. god.
    How kind of you to come down off your cross to police the Inter-toobz.

Oh. Almost forgot.

:flowerforyou:

Lol. You are a ridiculous person. I mean that in the nicest of ways.

But please don't respond to this, I see that you are busy discussing your powerlifting accomplishments (of which you should be quite proud - I assume, I have no idea what you're talking about as I'm just a Crossfitter) on the thread of someone who expressly stated that he does not want to talk to you on this particular thread.
    I kinda had a feeling you were using sarcasm above, I tried to leave the door open for it. And while we're on the subject of verbal irony and your comment about my further discussion of non-competitive powerlifting...
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    What events are in the strongman comp you are doing?

295's Fat Grip Farmers Walk with 1 turn + 450lb Hand over hand sled pull

500lb Axle Deadlift for reps no straps

45lb Sledge hammer crucifix holds for time

295's farmers handle holds for time

Lots of grip and torture events. What about your's?

Promoter doesn't want to bring a variety of gear?

Anyways, mine will be

1. People Deadlift (This event will be performed with a car deadlift apparatus retrofitted to hold people. Most likely will be a rising bar format. Weight TBA)
    2. Sandbag carry for distance (200lbs)
    3. Stone over a bar for reps (300lb stone)
    4. Heavy Yoke Carry (between 600-700lbs) 40ft with a drop turn at 20ft
    5. Circus Dumbbell for reps (125lb dumbbell) This is the final event and will take place on the main stage.

Those events sound awesome. I was really hoping to find a competition with more of the classic strongman events like that but there isn't one in my area until October so I'm just doing this small local meet to get my feet wet before going to that one. The meet in October has a Deadlift Medley, Overhead Medley, Truck Pull, Loading Race, Hussafell and a Keg Toss. It should be a lot of fun.
  • Lofteren
    Options
    I would never in a million years disagree with that. However, what you have stated is a far, far cry from the conversational misstep made by the OP.

No really, you just found something to harp on and apparently have no life.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm a competitive powerlifter. I've also done some highland games competitions and am training for my first strongman show. Are there any other competitive strength athletes here?

*If you don't compete, you're not a powerlifter/oly lifter/strongman, you're just someone who likes to lift.
    *Not crossfit. I'm talking real strength athletes.

Your dead lift would be higher if you didn't go above 15%.

Ok Bye.
  • Lofteren
    Options
    I'm a competitive powerlifter. I've also done some highland games competitions and am training for my first strongman show. Are there any other competitive strength athletes here?

*If you don't compete, you're not a powerlifter/oly lifter/strongman, you're just someone who likes to lift.

Ok Bye.

Incorrect. Mass moves mass. As long as your starting position isn't compromised, gaining weight will increase your deadlift.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

I have legitimately asked you questions to try to help connect you with some peeps you might want to interact with. The only consideration I asked in return is that you not dictate to others whether they can and can't be a certain kind of athlete if they do not join in competitions since you are not the sole arbiter of that.

Why are you being an *kitten* to someone whom you will probably encounter IRL, break bread with and want to share tacky with at some point? It just makes no sense.

I genuinely wish you well.
  • Perplexities
    Options

Ok Bye.

Incorrect. Mass moves mass. As long as your starting position isn't compromised, gaining weight will increase your deadlift.

Oh yeah?

3x State Cross fit Champion 220 lb weight class.

It's time to cut, bro.
  • Lofteren
    Options

I have legitimately asked you questions to try to help connect you with some peeps you might want to interact with. The only consideration I asked in return is that you not dictate to others whether they can and can't be a certain kind of athlete if they do not join in competitions since you are not the sole arbiter of that.

Why are you being an *kitten* to someone whom you will probably encounter IRL, break bread with and want to share tacky with at some point? It just makes no sense.

I genuinely wish you well.

I don't compete in highland games anymore so I doubt we will meet in person which I consider to be a good thing. If we did meet in person I probably wouldn't like you face to face either because you have a big mouth and a bad attitude. Not once did you even pretend to attempt to be nice and hook me up with some like minded people so don't act like you did. You actually did the opposite of that by turning a normal thread into a crapshoot.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You were on here months back but deactivated didn't you?

I was, now I see why I left. People here can be pretty ridiculous.

They sure can.

And some of them take themselves way too seriously.

Am I taking myself too seriously? I don't think so at all. If you posted a thread for competitive runners I wouldn't go in there and hassle you about it.

"Well, I run but I don't compete. Does that mean I can't be in your club? You're just being judgemental" Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?

Yes. Yes, it does. Runners don't generally exclude people who run but don't race because they've never raced.
  • Lofteren
    Options

Ok Bye.

Oh yeah?

It's time to cut, bro.

While that is impressive. Crossfitters can't pull near the numbers powerlifters do and a lot of powerlifters are fat. Hell, I'm fat and I guarantee you I pull more than you and probably have a higher Wilkes. The world record deadlift is set by a guy who is fat as hell for a reason.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    he's not judgeing, he's just looking for people to identify with...you butthurt? No need to throw your opinions around, we all have our own.

Yeah but I know a lot of people who both compete in olympic lifting AND do CrossFit . Super judgmental.

I'm pretty sure doing crossfit cancels out anything else.

ahem. I am a lifter that happens to crossfit. See profile. Also feel free to google Aja Barto, Lauren Fisher, Lindsey Valenzuela... etc etc
  • Perplexities
    Options

Ok Bye.

Oh yeah?

It's time to cut, bro.

While that is impressive. Crossfitters can't pull near the numbers powerlifters do and a lot of powerlifters are fat. Hell, I'm fat and I guarantee you I pull more than you and probably have a higher Wilkes. The world record deadlift is set by a guy who is fat as hell for a reason.

Oh yeah?

What if the record Powerlifter did CrossFit for a day, he would then be a CrossFitter.
    and the world record would be held by a "Crossfitter."

Mindblown.jpg