Are there any other competitive lifters in here?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Also, what the hell happened here, I go for a nap and I come back and everything has gone of the rails. The op, wanted to deal with people who have competed. It is a different feeling. In training, if have an off day, no problem. During a competition, you hundreds of people watching you and it can get to your nerves pretty good. It really isn't like a training day, no matter how much I try to tell myself that.
    I would never in a million years disagree with that. However, what you have stated is a far, far cry from the conversational misstep made by the OP.

No really, you just found something to harp on and apparently have no life.
    I have legitimately asked you questions to try to help connect you with some peeps you might want to interact with. The only consideration I asked in return is that you not dictate to others whether they can and can't be a certain kind of athlete if they do not join in competitions since you are not the sole arbiter of that.

Why are you being an *kitten* to someone whom you will probably encounter IRL, break bread with and want to share tacky with at some point? It just makes no sense.

I genuinely wish you well.

I don't compete in highland games anymore so I doubt we will meet in person which I consider to be a good thing. If we did meet in person I probably wouldn't like you face to face either because you have a big mouth and a bad attitude. Not once did you even pretend to attempt to be nice and hook me up with some like minded people so don't act like you did. You actually did the opposite of that by turning a normal thread into a crapshoot.
    You actually have no idea whether I have a big mouth or a bad attitude, but I think for myself and speak my mind, so it's possible you're conflating those things.

And srsly? When I asked if you wanted to interact with HGers or only PL/Strongmen and whether oly lifters were good enough?! I was going to point out some of my friends. If you had once deigned to acknowledge that your blanket statement in your initial post was unfair and to answer my questions, I would have offered further help. I wouldn't want to inflict you on them now, however, so I'm glad you didn't and I didn't.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    he's not judgeing, he's just looking for people to identify with...you butthurt? No need to throw your opinions around, we all have our own.

His post came off as judgemental IMO (yes, my opinion and I am entitled to it) Also, he threw his opinions around..,so slightly biased stance there.

Also, no butthurt from me, I compete.

If you want to hook up with competitive PL'ers, that's completely understandable, but just say that. No need for the 'extras'.

There absolutely is need for the extras. Without them, everyone who fancies themselves strong will jump in here and say "Oh, I'm a powerlifter!" which would then make it necessary to state the extras so I just did it up front. Geez, you people on this website are so damn touchy about EVERYTHING. I guess this is a reminder why I deleted my account a while back. I don't know if you remember that but I was the guy who helped you get your pre-contest training cycle put together prior to your first meet. Some respect I got for that huh?

What?? You are delusional! You had absolutely NOTHING to do with my programming. Now you are lying as well. My programming came from 3DMJ and Alberto Nunez. Before that it was plain ole 5/3/1. I am honestly astounded by your post.

Also, are you really that blinkered to think 'I want other people who have competed only' would have not done the job?

antonio-banderas-ooo.gif
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Can I get in here? I lift...a tennis racqquet. And, I compete, tournaments, USTA teams, etc. Lemme tell you, when that audience is looking at you (both of them), and not completely stifling their chuckles, that racquet gets pretty heavy.
    Take that non-competitors!
    Nah-nah, nah-nah-nah!
    (Why not? All these Crossfitters are coming in.)
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I know I know. I shouldn't but my weight is up lately and I really want to lose a few before.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I know I know. I shouldn't but my weight is up lately and I really want to lose a few before.

My thoughts exactly
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

antonio-banderas-ooo.gif

Sigh. Antonio is so hot.

Isn't there a competitive powerlifting group on here?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly

I did the same.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly

I did the same.
    cause reasons.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

antonio-banderas-ooo.gif

Sigh. Antonio is so hot.

Isn't there a competitive powerlifting group on here?
    Thanks for pointing that option out. I had to go train, but I was also going to suggest to the OP that if it really bothered him that the other kids on the playground refused to agree to his rules, he could take his ball and go home (to a private group rather than a public forum).
  • xTinkerToned
    Options
    Not a competitive-lifter, but it's really impressive OP, goodluck,

I've been lifting for a while, really admire people who lift
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    he's not judgeing, he's just looking for people to identify with...you butthurt? No need to throw your opinions around, we all have our own.

His post came off as judgemental IMO (yes, my opinion and I am entitled to it) Also, he threw his opinions around..,so slightly biased stance there.

Also, no butthurt from me, I compete.

If you want to hook up with competitive PL'ers, that's completely understandable, but just say that. No need for the 'extras'.

There absolutely is need for the extras. Without them, everyone who fancies themselves strong will jump in here and say "Oh, I'm a powerlifter!" which would then make it necessary to state the extras so I just did it up front. Geez, you people on this website are so damn touchy about EVERYTHING. I guess this is a reminder why I deleted my account a while back. I don't know if you remember that but I was the guy who helped you get your pre-contest training cycle put together prior to your first meet. Some respect I got for that huh?

What?? You are delusional! You had absolutely NOTHING to do with my programming. Now you are lying as well. My programming came from 3DMJ and Alberto Nunez. Before that it was plain ole 5/3/1. I am honestly astounded by your post.

Also, are you really that blinkered to think 'I want other people who have competed only' would have not done the job?

Well.... he was going to help you but you didn't even lift yet. And he suspected (correctly) that you might invite someone who doesn't even lift to your meet.

You must be a good runner, bud. For the amount of smack you talk I'm surprised someone hasn't broken your jaw yet. Then again, you wouldn't have a computer monitor to hide behind in that scenario so I doubt your mouth is as big in person.

Man, I'm *definitely* in now.

(Wait? You mean I was already in? Whatever. I'm double-in now.)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for several years and at 41 I know I'll never be competitive. Good for you, OP,
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm a competitive powerlifter. I've also done some highland games competitions and am training for my first strongman show. Are there any other competitive strength athletes here?

*If you don't compete, you're not a powerlifter/oly lifter/strongman, you're just someone who likes to lift.
    *Not crossfit. I'm talking real strength athletes.

Your dead lift would be higher if you didn't go above 15%.

Ok Bye.

Incorrect. Mass moves mass. As long as your starting position isn't compromised, gaining weight will increase your deadlift.

Oh yeah?

3x State Cross fit Champion 220 lb weight class.

It's time to cut, bro.

While that is impressive. Crossfitters can't pull near the numbers powerlifters do and a lot of powerlifters are fat. Hell, I'm fat and I guarantee you I pull more than you and probably have a higher Wilkes. The world record deadlift is set by a guy who is fat as hell for a reason.

Oh yeah?

What if the record Powerlifter did CrossFit for a day, he would then be a CrossFitter.
    and the world record would be held by a "Crossfitter."

Mindblown.jpg

You're joking right?
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Also, what the hell happened here, I go for a nap and I come back and everything has gone of the rails. The op, wanted to deal with people who have competed. It is a different feeling. In training, if have an off day, no problem. During a competition, you hundreds of people watching you and it can get to your nerves pretty good. It really isn't like a training day, no matter how much I try to tell myself that.
    I would never in a million years disagree with that. However, what you have stated is a far, far cry from the conversational misstep made by the OP.

No really, you just found something to harp on and apparently have no life.
    I have legitimately asked you questions to try to help connect you with some peeps you might want to interact with. The only consideration I asked in return is that you not dictate to others whether they can and can't be a certain kind of athlete if they do not join in competitions since you are not the sole arbiter of that.

Why are you being an *kitten* to someone whom you will probably encounter IRL, break bread with and want to share tacky with at some point? It just makes no sense.

I genuinely wish you well.

I don't compete in highland games anymore so I doubt we will meet in person which I consider to be a good thing. If we did meet in person I probably wouldn't like you face to face either because you have a big mouth and a bad attitude. Not once did you even pretend to attempt to be nice and hook me up with some like minded people so don't act like you did. You actually did the opposite of that by turning a normal thread into a crapshoot.
    You actually have no idea whether I have a big mouth or a bad attitude, but I think for myself and speak my mind, so it's possible you're conflating those things.

And srsly? When I asked if you wanted to interact with HGers or only PL/Strongmen and whether oly lifters were good enough?! I was going to point out some of my friends. If you had once deigned to acknowledge that your blanket statement in your initial post was unfair and to answer my questions, I would have offered further help. I wouldn't want to inflict you on them now, however, so I'm glad you didn't and I didn't.

If the way you behaved in this thread is any indicator of your behavior off the web then yeah, you have a big mouth and a bad attitude. Also, you obviously meant to use "are oly lifters good enough?" as another way to jab at me being so "judgmental" rather than as a way to determine which lifters i am interested in networking with.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    So in addition to being the sole arbiter of who can describe themselves as what, you're omniscient?

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif
    Also, you obviously meant to use "are oly lifters good enough?" as another way to jab at me being so "judgmental" rather than as a way to determine which lifters i am interested in networking with.

I guess the world will never know.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    You're right. I only answered all of the questions you had about how to implement 5/3/1 for powerlifting with a volume/intensity taper leading up the meet. That's not helping you out though, just answering your questions and I'm a liar.

You're very angry. If you need a hug, I've been told I'm a great hugger.

If I say I am angry, will you give me a hug?

hugs all around... except for OP. His kind isnt welcome here. (Not srs, but srs...hes not very huggable)
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    J!!! Oh, how the drama follows you. Glad to see you around and stirring the pot... like always.