large or small breakfast to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    First of all there is something very nasty about your attitude if you're going to body shame any type of idividual, Soapfan777, and it's completely inappropriate here.

I don't feel my attitude is nasty or my comments were inappropiate.

I suppose if YOU don't see it then it doesn't exist, much like the several studies in this thread that refute your position which seem to have escaped your gaze.

Rigger
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    We are not wrong just because you don't agree with us. Your body knows when it needs food in order to balance your blood sugar and increase your metabolism. A four hour window is a long time for some people to go without food if their goal is to lose weight.

You are here telling people they are wrong. Where did you get your medical or nutritional degree? No, I don't have one but I follow the advice of those do. How about you?

You are in fact wrong. And lol you questioning other people's credentials when you have none.

You are simply wrong. You are in error. On top of that, your attitude is in the gutter and your body shaming is despicable. Not only do you have no scientific evidence or expertise to fall back on, you also apparently have no record of any kind of success, let alone lasting success.

Take a look at yourself, your scientific knowledge, and (most of all) your actual current state of affairs and success before you ridicule others.

Right back at ya! Your attitude was in the gutter from your very first post to me about you being a mutant. It wasn't necessary to respond that way. Now, you wonder about my attitude. Give me a break! I will ridicule anyone I please just as you and a few other just attempted to ridcule me. Practice what you preach!

They aren't the mutant. I am ;P
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The idea that soapfan would read a scientific study is funny.
    And oh by the way your comments were incredibly inappropriate and insulting.

How is a bodybuilder supposed to feel after you said their body is disgusting? Something OTHER than insulted?
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Waiting for soapfan's inevitable "LOLOLOL I TROLL U!" post ...
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    The smartest rule of thumb I have heard to date:
    Breakfast: Eat like a king
    Lunch: Eat like a price
    Dinner: Eat like a pauper
    I have trained myself to fuel my body for the day going this route and am less prone to late night snacking.
  • Soapfan777
    Options
    If you go more than 4 hours without food then your blood sugar will drop which in turn drops your metabolism. If your metabolism is low then your body won't burn calories.

That's not true. Also, your body burns calories just being alive... Unless after the 4 hour Window. ..zombies

I have to disagree because it's not the point that your body burn calories just by being alive. The point is it will burn slow and will not burn enough to lose weight.

You can disagree all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. Your body can't tell time, and the changes in metabolism are so minute, and so slow that you'll never notice them, especially not within a four hour window. Meal timing is meaningless to weight loss, and to the previous poster who mentioned a high protein breakfast to speed metabolism, false, the same principle applies.

OP eat a big, or small, or no breakfast if that's what suits your lifestyle, calorie deficit is what matters.

Rigger

We are not wrong just because you don't agree with us. Your body knows when it needs food in order to balance your blood sugar and increase your metabolism. A four hour window is a long time for some people to go without food if their goal is to lose weight.

You are here telling people they are wrong. Where did you get your medical or nutritional degree? No, I don't have one but I follow the advice of those do. How about you?

Who is this "we" you speak of? Last time I checked you're in this one alone with your nonsense opinions on metabolism. You do know that medical opinion changes over time correct? At one point, the standard cure for most diseases was blood-letting. Do you think it's possible that you and your "medical professionals" none of which you have actually cited, are propagating outdated science? Or is that just way outside your narrow scope of understanding?

Rigger

The "we" referred to your comments to the poster who suggested a high protein breakfast. I am very much aware medical information changes over time. I will cite my sources as soon as you cite yours. The same could be stated about the sources you use...right? or is that something your narrow scope of understanding can't comprehend?
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    First of all there is something very nasty about your attitude if you're going to body shame any type of idividual, Soapfan777, and it's completely inappropriate here.

I don't feel that the sky is blue today, so it probably isn't.

Seriously OP, if you want to contribute positively to the community, then you might want to think about how you convey your opinions.

Instead of "Body builders are nasty and unhealthy" try... "I do not want to look like a body builder". Just because you don't like how a body builder looks or have met body builders who are unhealthy, doesn't mean that everyone feels that way and that this the general truth of the world.

Umm...Yeah Soapfan is not the OP. The OP's question was answered several times by page 2.

(What you eat and the quantity are far more important than when you eat, so do what helps you stay best on track to meet your goals. Most people seems to be able to agree on this anyway...)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating at a calorie deficit and eating whatever, and whenever, it works best for you.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options

I don't feel that the sky is blue today, so it probably isn't.

Seriously OP, if you want to contribute positively to the community, then you might want to think about how you convey your opinions.

Instead of "Body builders are nasty and unhealthy" try... "I do not want to look like a body builder". Just because you don't like how a body builder looks or have met body builders who are unhealthy, doesn't mean that everyone feels that way and that this the general truth of the world.

Umm...Yeah Soapfan is not the OP. The OP's question was answered several times by page 2.

(What you eat and the quantity are far more important than when you eat, so do what helps you stay best on track to meet your goals. Most people seems to be able to agree on this anyway...)

Eep! Sorry! I totally don't know why I did that.... Editing now.
  • navyrigger46
    Options
    The "we" referred to your comments to the poster who suggested a high protein breakfast. I am very much aware medical information changes over time. I will cite my sources as soon as you cite yours. The same could be stated about the sources you use...right? or is that something your narrow scope of understanding can't comprehend?

I don't need to cite my sources, because they have already been cited IN THIS THREAD by other posters, now, kindly produce yours as you stated you would.

Rigger
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    In order to lose weight you need a calorie deficit. That's it - the end. This topic does not need to be 4 pages long.
  • Soapfan777
    Options
    My foundation and knowledge comes from following the advice of experts in the field just like your come from ETF. Do your own research by checking wtih your doctors and other "reputable" health experts in the field.

My pediatrician when I was a child told my mother I was fine, despite me liking to oddly hang my head to one side. Should she have listened without questioning, I would be dead.

My point is, just because you have a degree, doesn't mean your advice should not be questioned or sought other sources for. Doctors are, after all, human.

If your mother should have gotten a second opinion by another expert then a third and fourth, too. I know doctors are human but they are still far more educated than the average person. This is the reason I reference many professionals and Dr. Oz is not one of them.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19943985

2x.
  • samamps88
    samamps88 Posts: 52
    Options
    uote]
    If you go more than 4 hours without food then your blood sugar will drop which in turn drops your metabolism. If your metabolism is low then your body won't burn calories.

That's not true. Also, your body burns calories just being alive... Unless after the 4 hour Window. ..zombies

I have to disagree because it's not the point that your body burn calories just by being alive. The point is it will burn slow and will not burn enough to lose weight.

You can disagree all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. Your body can't tell time, and the changes in metabolism are so minute, and so slow that you'll never notice them, especially not within a four hour window. Meal timing is meaningless to weight loss, and to the previous poster who mentioned a high protein breakfast to speed metabolism, false, the same principle applies.

OP eat a big, or small, or no breakfast if that's what suits your lifestyle, calorie deficit is what matters.

Rigger

Who is this "we" you speak of? Last time I checked you're in this one alone with your nonsense opinions on metabolism. You do know that medical opinion changes over time correct? At one point, the standard cure for most diseases was blood-letting. Do you think it's possible that you and your "medical professionals" none of which you have actually cited, are propagating outdated science? Or is that just way outside your narrow scope of understanding?

Rigger

[/quote]

So yeh at least 4 different studies from reputable sources have been cited proving that what you have said is not scientifically true.

If you Want more go through my old posts I cited at least one more stating that the thermic effect of food (ie the reason believed eating regularly helps lose weight) is about as beneficial as twitching your left toe.
  • Soapfan777
    Options

Therein lies the issue.

Therein lies the issue with you if you haven't concluded comments made towards me were nasty and inappropiate as well.
  • Soapfan777
    Options

You are in fact wrong. And lol you questioning other people's credentials when you have none.

You are simply wrong. You are in error. On top of that, your attitude is in the gutter and your body shaming is despicable. Not only do you have no scientific evidence or expertise to fall back on, you also apparently have no record of any kind of success, let alone lasting success.

Take a look at yourself, your scientific knowledge, and (most of all) your actual current state of affairs and success before you ridicule others.

Right back at ya! Your attitude was in the gutter from your very first post to me about you being a mutant. It wasn't necessary to respond that way. Now, you wonder about my attitude. Give me a break! I will ridicule anyone I please just as you and a few other just attempted to ridcule me. Practice what you preach!

They aren't the mutant. I am ;P

Well the same applies to them as well as you.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    In order to lose weight you need a calorie deficit. That's it - the end. This topic does not need to be 4 pages long.

^^^^

OP asked a simple question - she gets up and eats something small before she goes to classes and eats lunch at 10:30 in the morning - if this works for her there is nothing wrong with continuing with that pattern. This will allow her to have more calories for later in the day when perhaps she wants to eat a bigger meal. Everyone is different and she needs to do what works for her personally. Sometimes I put breakfast off and have brunch - it has NOT affected my weightloss in any way - I am still losing weight. Hopefully OP you have found an answer to your question in here somewhere! :ohwell:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Therein lies the issue.

Therein lies the issue with you if you haven't concluded comments made towards me were nasty and inappropiate as well.

Which one of us called your body disgusting and mutated?
  • Soapfan777
    Options

I suppose if YOU don't see it then it doesn't exist, much like the several studies in this thread that refute your position which seem to have escaped your gaze.

Rigger

itude adjustment starts at home. If you are going to insult me then don't cry foul when it's done to you.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/weight-loss/expert-answers/food-and-nutrition/faq-20058449
  • navyrigger46
    Options
    My foundation and knowledge comes from following the advice of experts in the field just like your come from ETF. Do your own research by checking wtih your doctors and other "reputable" health experts in the field.

My pediatrician when I was a child told my mother I was fine, despite me liking to oddly hang my head to one side. Should she have listened without questioning, I would be dead.

My point is, just because you have a degree, doesn't mean your advice should not be questioned or sought other sources for. Doctors are, after all, human.

If your mother should have gotten a second opinion by another expert then a third and fourth, too. I know doctors are human but they are still far more educated than the average person. This is the reason I reference many professionals and Dr. Oz is not one of them.

You haven't referenced anyone, or cited any sources, moreover, you have conveniently ignored the studies which have been cited in this thread to set you straight. Your advice in this thread is useless and reeks of ignorance, and your conduct is absolutely abhorrent.

Rigger