OCTOBER 30 Day Shred Group

Options

Replies

• rbcca19
    rbcca19 Posts: 91
    Options
    Day 4 done! It's definitely getting easier! Way to go everyone!!!
  • MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    L1D4 done here as well! The workout itself is getting easier but my soreness isn't going away. Do you guys think it would help to do additional pre and post shred stretching? I nanny and chasing these kids around all week has been hell because of my sore thighs and I'd LOVE it to stop! But in general, the workout is going well! Tomorrow is the last day with the 2lb weights. Then, on to the 5s!

Also, the second chart is coming along but there is still room if anyone is for it. Basically I'm updating measurements as you all post em, but I'll post the charts every Monday night / Tuesday morning regardless of when you've updated. That way there's no pressure on you all to fit in my schedule and we can all have a handy way to look at our progress! Also, it might be color coded because I feel that would be fun :-)

Shred away ladies, we can get through it!
  • mookiemoo
    mookiemoo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did it again tonight. I'm not gonna lie, it was definitely easier than the first time I did it! Does doing it 2 times in 1 day count as another day? I'm trying to catch up since I am taking Sundays off.

I dont see why not, its what im planning to do to catch up too
  • mookiemoo
    mookiemoo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    L1D4 done here as well! The workout itself is getting easier but my soreness isn't going away. Do you guys think it would help to do additional pre and post shred stretching?

yes much more post stretching, they seem to cut it very short
  • hoppityhop
    Options
    Karen (mookiemoo) persuaded me to do the 30 Day Thread, so I am now on L1D4 today. I started on Friday, but my legs were so sore afterwards that I had to have a couple of days off (and I was very busy too).

So, I'll do Day4 today. Days 2 and 3 were so much easier!

I'm so hoping that this is going to help with my weight/inch loss. I've been trying to lose weight all year, and have only succeeded in maintaining!

I'm not very good at eating healthily, so I'm hoping this is the boost I need!.

I'll post measurements in a while.

Heather

SW 150.5lb
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Day 8, done! I wore my HRM for it now that I finally figured out how to turn on the calories burned mode. According to my HRM, I burned 249 calories. Sweet!

I really like this workout!

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • hoppityhop
    Options
    L1Day4 done :) I found the star jumps and skipping hard today, but not the last set at the end, only the first set at the beginning, which is a bit odd!

Really need to get my eating sorted to go with it now!

Here are my stats:

Waist - 28"
    Hips - 40.5"
    Arms - 13" each
    Thighs - 24.5"
    SW - 150.5lb

Can't believe that there is not much difference between my waist and one thigh!! 8-O My aim is to try to lose 1" off everywhere - is this doable?

I can already see my arm muscles becoming more defined, and that's only after 4 days!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i did l1d3 on monday and l1d4 on tuesday (sorry i was too tired each night to post), but i am skipping today. i am having a down day and went running this morning to try to cheer myself up. since that didn't work, i am going to wallow in it and lie on the couch, so that it will pass and i will feel better tomorrow. great job to everyone who says it is getting easier. yay you!
  • hoppityhop
    Options
    Day 5 done :)

Much easier today. I still haven't got the hang of the push-ups though, even the easy ones! I can't work out how far to have my hands apart, and how flat I need to be (ie the distance between hands and knees?) I always seem to have my bum in the air!

Everything else was fine though. A couple more days on level 1, then I'll progress to level 2.

Those of you who have been doing it for nearly a week, are you noticing a difference yet?

Heather x
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Those of you who have been doing it for nearly a week, are you noticing a difference yet?

I just finished day 7 this morning. I am much less sore and getting through the workout without much difficulty. I am excited to start level 2 on Monday! Keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    day 7 for me tonight! im really enjoying it ! but my knees are beginning to get sore...anyone else have sore knees? x
  • kaffro
    Options
    Day 9, done! Woo! :)

Keep it up everyone!
  • AbsoluteLM
    AbsoluteLM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did day 7 today and the workout is definitely getting easier each day (except for that first jumping jacks/jumprope combo--argh!)

MTDork, do we send you our weights weekly or every 10 days of the shred?

Good job all!
  • rbcca19
    Options
    Day 7 done!! I am noticing more toning, but haven't lost any inches! Anyone else this way? In fact, my arms are bigger! What the heck?! I am excited to move on to level two, because I almost have level 1 memorized lol.
  • MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options

MTDork, do we send you our weights weekly or every 10 days of the shred?

Good job all!

You can send me measurements whenever you take them. I'll be posting the charts every Monday night / Tuesday morning with whatever information I've received that week. That way there's no pressure to change what you might normally do to satisfy by OCD excel spreadsheet sickness :-)
  • amyisley17
    Options
    I am a little behind from being sick this week. L1D2 done. Measurements are:

SW: 171
    Hips: 42.5
    Waist: 41
    Thighs:23
    Arms: 11
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done! yeah, a little behind schedule, but at least I didn't give up :smile:
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    L2D1 Done!

The first part of level 2 I was thinking..."WOW, this is way easier than level 1", but then Jillian set me straight!!
  • kaffro
    Options
    WHOO HOO! Day 10 of level one, DONE! Tomorrow, I will start level 2. I hope I don't die :)

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • rbcca19
    Options
    Day 8 is done! I plan on doing 9 tonight and 10 tomorrow so I can enjoy Sunday off and then level 2 on Monday. Great job everyone.