RRRRAAAAAWWWWWRRRR

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I had to share...

Tonight I returned to my boxing class... I've been away for almost 6weeks during to a hip injury I've been nursing.

I KILLED IT!

HRM posted a burn of 982 cals in 63 mins. We went HARD for the whole class... I figured initially that we did 15 two minute rounds on the heavy bag, but I miscalculated...

We started with two rounds of shadow boxing with 1m planks in between and 1 min of pushups after.

Then 15 rounds on the bag. Every 2mins we had a 1 min "rest" of squats, planks, pushups, or calf raises. After the 15 rounds... We ran 6 flights of stairs, then came back for three 2.5 min rounds. We then planked for another min and finished with a 2 min all out brawl with the bag round.

After class wrapped, I ran twice around the block to cool off.

It was tough, and exhausting and exhilarating, and amazing and FREAKING AWESOME!

I RRRRAAAAAWWWWRRRRED all over my wall, in my car, and now to you. :)

It feels so damn good to go further than you thought you could.
    To find what you love to do, and be able to do it!

HELL YEAH!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ^ I had the theme to "Rocky" in my head while reading this post. :laugh: :drinker:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Nice work Mirey! That's definitely a RRRRAAAWWWRRR moment lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    NICE- boxing is insane- I kind of miss the intense workouts - but I hate getting hit- I'm a grappler- but super glad you got that work in- that's crazy good for you!!!! I"M JEALOUS!!!

I had a mini- rrrrawrrrr today.

Doctor's appointment- then home to change laundry to drier- and decided I need to run on my "lunch break" before I went to work.

So I went for a run. YAY ME- (This is important- because I am no longer a runner LOL) 2.43 miles- at a 9:30 pace.

MUAH HA HA HA HA cutting won't be the death of me!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    NICE- boxing is insane- I kind of miss the intense workouts - but I hate getting hit- I'm a grappler- but super glad you got that work in- that's crazy good for you!!!! I"M JEALOUS!!!

I had a mini- rrrrawrrrr today.

Doctor's appointment- then home to change laundry to drier- and decided I need to run on my "lunch break" before I went to work.

So I went for a run. YAY ME- (This is important- because I am no longer a runner LOL) 2.43 miles- at a 9:30 pace.

MUAH HA HA HA HA cutting won't be the death of me!

That's a pace I'd be SUPER proud of! My first race is a 10k in the end of May and I think I've run a grand total of 10 miles since last August!

And now I have a hip thing bothering me, so I'm hoping that it'll be well enough for me to start running again in the next few weeks!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RRRAWRRR! :happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Yup- I always assume for moral and ease of math I'm running a 10 min mile- but I actually downloaded myrunkeeper or whatever it's called- so now I'll now exactly.

I used to in CC in highschool so I feel like anything under 10 is solid. I'm a powerlifter at this point- cardio happens when I dance- so yeah- I was REALLY happy I hit a solid 9:30.

Pulled my thigh which I messed up on wednesday on my home stretch sprint- so looks like only jogging/running for me for a few weeks- no more sprints- we'll see if I can push it to a 9 minute mile with some added miles :D
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Yup- I always assume for moral and ease of math I'm running a 10 min mile- but I actually downloaded myrunkeeper or whatever it's called- so now I'll now exactly.

I used to in CC in highschool so I feel like anything under 10 is solid. I'm a powerlifter at this point- cardio happens when I dance- so yeah- I was REALLY happy I hit a solid 9:30.

Pulled my thigh which I messed up on wednesday on my home stretch sprint- so looks like only jogging/running for me for a few weeks- no more sprints- we'll see if I can push it to a 9 minute mile with some added miles :D

I tend to average about 10 min mile, when I run a 2 miler, I can do 9, and sometimes in a 5 or 6 miler I'm around 9:45. I am hoping that with running stairs and lifting more this "off season" (I'm a pansy when it comes to cold weather running), that my times will be better this year.

I'd LOVE to get to the point where I can sustain a 9 minute mile for 5 or 6 miles!
    *crossing fingers!*
  • JoRocka
    Options
    LOL I don't run any more really (I just started cutting so I need to create room for more food)- I haven't run 5 miles in probably 5 or 6 years- might happen this summer though- needs to get my cardio on to cut!!! Way back when I was a young spring chicken 8-9 was a pretty common pace for my running- varsity runners were expected to compete under or around 7 min miles for that 3 mile race. God- that makes me want to puke just thinking of it LOL well- our goal will be to hit 9 min miles this year for consistency!!! we'll make it a thing ;)

I'm trying to drop almost 40 pounds this year. barf. but it should help!!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Going to the Spartan sprint in NYC.

Nervous because i'm recovering from two injuries and just walking there seems a bit iffy.

strained my calf 13 days out and you can only transfer to a different race up to 14 days before a race.

don't feel like wasting the 125 entry fee.

I plan on taking it as easy as i can and staying out of everyones way as best as possible. hopefully there will be some others there that bit off a bit more then they could chew.

was happy to get 18:45 on two miles before my calf popped tho lol

whatever, i've performed on injuries before, but i was a bouncing baby 17 year old lol
  • JoRocka
    Options
    lol nice- definitely the part about "hoping there were other there who bit off more than they could chew"

LMAO- that was always my game plan- I never needed to be first- but as one of the only females in a company of 40 men- the goal was to just beat the fat guy- or any guy.

it's a solid strategy :)

Nicely done though.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Going to the Spartan sprint in NYC.

Nervous because i'm recovering from two injuries and just walking there seems a bit iffy.

strained my calf 13 days out and you can only transfer to a different race up to 14 days before a race.

don't feel like wasting the 125 entry fee.

I plan on taking it as easy as i can and staying out of everyones way as best as possible. hopefully there will be some others there that bit off a bit more then they could chew.

was happy to get 18:45 on two miles before my calf popped tho lol

whatever, i've performed on injuries before, but i was a bouncing baby 17 year old lol

I have two mud runs, one color run, and a 10 k planned this year. I won't break ANY records, but I just don't want to be last. lol

Do your best, but don't sacrifice your overall health for a race... in the end you'll say...it wasn't worth the $125 if you can't walk for a year.

As for your time... the three of us could be running buddies! lol
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this the first time around? Love it!

Yesterday, I pulled my weights out of the temporary 2 month storage they were in due to remodeling, and today I feel RRRRAAAAWWWWWWRRRRR! Cannot wait for next workout.

p.s. - you look all hawt and stuff, I need to look even half that hawt for summer......
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    well i made it through with out any injuries.

I have a forearme issue where i can sometimes experience pain when raising a glass of water to my mouth, but i wore this tenis elbow brace and i didn't experience any pain at all during the race.

The two weeks off before the race deffinetly took its tool though. i ended up walking most of the second half because i was that tired and was worried that my calf would pop again.

I had a big lead on my friend, but she caught up to me right at the last obsticle because she was running most or all of the way. so we crossed the finish line together and that was cool.

the only thing i couldn't do was the spear and the rope climb. my spear was sideways by the time it hit the hay and they only gave you one shot. i didn't even attempt the rope climb (that was the plan going in) but i regreted not trying.

30 burpees sucked enough lol

the amount of people not doing their burpee's and bypassing obsticles altogether was disapointing. why pay 100 bucks and NOT really do it ? lol
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I have a forearme issue where i can sometimes experience pain when raising a glass of water to my mouth, but i wore this tenis elbow brace and i didn't experience any pain at all during the race.

The two weeks off before the race deffinetly took its tool though. i ended up walking most of the second half because i was that tired and was worried that my calf would pop again.

I had a big lead on my friend, but she caught up to me right at the last obsticle because she was running most or all of the way. so we crossed the finish line together and that was cool.

the only thing i couldn't do was the spear and the rope climb. my spear was sideways by the time it hit the hay and they only gave you one shot. i didn't even attempt the rope climb (that was the plan going in) but i regreted not trying.

the amount of people not doing their burpee's and bypassing obsticles altogether was disapointing. why pay 100 bucks and NOT really do it ? lol

WAY TO GO!!!
    z14gRkQ.gif

So glad to hear that you went and did your best and completed IN SPITE of injuries! Truly awesome!!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    thank you. you get a nice moisture wicking shirt when you finish and a free beer as well lol
  • JoRocka
    Options

100 bucks to do an obstacle course- makes me lulz- but I'm glad people are going out and doing new things... I'd be actually angry and annoyed if people opted out- like that would just make me cranky- not just disappointed- I'd probably yell at people- I have no patience for people who "opt out".

I'm glad you had fun- sorry about the injuries and the walking- but you finished and there's something to be said for that.

I rawrred this weekend and ate an entire large pizza by myself. Still came in under calories for my weekly average- I think that deserves a rawrrrrwww!!!!
    We'll see if my cardio and lifting is up to snuff this afternoon though!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I participated in the "Dirty Donkey" run - and entered the "individual kick-*kitten*" heat. It was further and harder... more obstacles.

They had a team version of the kickass run too... So as an individual, you got to carry a 4x4 post through the first 3kms, through all the obstacles... but as a team, you had one 4x4 for the whole team and you could switch off.

For the pallet pull, you could pull the pallet as a team, but as an individual, you had to pull the damn thing all by yourself.

I did it. By myself. The pallet pull was a bugger.. through shot rock... and what pissed me off most were the people who opted not to even try to pull the pallet, but instead ran past me as I dragged that thing through the rock for half a kilometer.

And then, when I get my race times.. I see those people (who I knew) with better placements and times than me... and they're posting it on FB.

And I was kinda (really) pissed. But I knew for myself that I did it. I didn't skimp, I didn't cheat. I pushed and I pulled and I made it through with a damn good time. And that's what counted.

But at the time, as I struggled with that stupid pallet, and I watched them lope by... I wanted to pound them on the head. LOL
  • vastiris
    vastiris Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hey, YOU know what you accomplished, so you know how good you should feel about it!

I had to post here, because my boyfriend laughs at how when he asks me how my workout was, my answer is almost always, "I feel RAWRS!"

A gal after my own heart. I hope to continue (3 months of strength training in), and follow in your footsteps!
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    100 bucks to do an obstacle course- makes me lulz- but I'm glad people are going out and doing new things... I'd be actually angry and annoyed if people opted out- like that would just make me cranky- not just disappointed- I'd probably yell at people- I have no patience for people who "opt out".

I'm glad you had fun- sorry about the injuries and the walking- but you finished and there's something to be said for that.

I rawrred this weekend and ate an entire large pizza by myself. Still came in under calories for my weekly average- I think that deserves a rawrrrrwww!!!!
    We'll see if my cardio and lifting is up to snuff this afternoon though!

its quite expensive, but if I had my act together i could have taken advantage of deals and gotten in a little cheaper. you do get some free-bee's including i nice moisture wicking shirt that is probably a 25 dollar value.
    I participated in the "Dirty Donkey" run - and entered the "individual kick-*kitten*" heat. It was further and harder... more obstacles.

They had a team version of the kickass run too... So as an individual, you got to carry a 4x4 post through the first 3kms, through all the obstacles... but as a team, you had one 4x4 for the whole team and you could switch off.

For the pallet pull, you could pull the pallet as a team, but as an individual, you had to pull the damn thing all by yourself.

I did it. By myself. The pallet pull was a bugger.. through shot rock... and what pissed me off most were the people who opted not to even try to pull the pallet, but instead ran past me as I dragged that thing through the rock for half a kilometer.

And then, when I get my race times.. I see those people (who I knew) with better placements and times than me... and they're posting it on FB.

And I was kinda (really) pissed. But I knew for myself that I did it. I didn't skimp, I didn't cheat. I pushed and I pulled and I made it through with a damn good time. And that's what counted.

But at the time, as I struggled with that stupid pallet, and I watched them lope by... I wanted to pound them on the head. LOL

there was no penlty for skipping either? that is irritaing, like why bother, just go run X distance with your friends

i was a little dissapointed in myself that i didn't attempt the rope climb, but i had my reasons and 30 burpees definetly took longer then climbing the rope if i was able to do it.

also a little dissapointed that i walked a lot but again i had good reason and my time reflected the lack of effort lol
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the entire thread but I'm 5'9", middle aged, can almost incline bench press half of my own body weight, can front squat and RDL dead lift 2/3rds of my weight, eat some junk food, and can drop a 6 ft+ grown man in under 3 seconds in full contact sparring. Can RAAWWWRRRR too? :laugh: