RRRRAAAAAWWWWWRRRR

Options
15678911»

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Deadlifted 180 lbs today for 4 reps. RAWR!
  • getdancing2013
    getdancing2013 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Okay so not to the level of a lot of ladies here...but I went to the trainer and asked him to set me up form-wise on more "guy" equipment (his words). So today instead of using the little leg press machine I used the plated one, and on my first day I had 75 lbs of plates on each side!!! I did 3 sets of 10, stood up, and for the first time in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, I felt absolutely badass!

A guy came up to try to help me take the plates off, but I was able to say "Nah, I got it, Thanks!" and actually smile.

I also used the regular squat bar - not the Smith machine, not the little dumbbells, and the trainer commented on my having "excellent form", which I was thrilled by because it's so not my thing.

I just felt so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Running! Recent addict. Easter Sunday I came home after a big meal and decided I was really in the mood for a run. One mile eventually turned into more... eventually 3 miles!!! This coming from someone who would had never run in years unless he absolute had too... now I love it!

BTW your socks are cool. Not even lying when I say I want to buy some funky socks for the color run in September!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Running! Recent addict. Easter Sunday I came home after a big meal and decided I was really in the mood for a run. One mile eventually turned into more... eventually 3 miles!!! This coming from someone who would had never run in years unless he absolute had too... now I love it!

BTW your socks are cool. Not even lying when I say I want to buy some funky socks for the color run in September!

Hah! I love this!!

I used to "only run if I was chased"... Now it's my mental health exercise. I love the feeling of getting in the zone.

As for the socks... They were a total score! I have long legs and pretty big calves... So knee highs are never knee high on me... If I can get them over my calves. These ones came in a set and are actually "over the knee" highs. Haha

Yeah. Not on me!

I have these ones, grey with black hearts, black with white hearts, black ones, and black with white skulls. They're my fav!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Okay so not to the level of a lot of ladies here...but I went to the trainer and asked him to set me up form-wise on more "guy" equipment (his words). So today instead of using the little leg press machine I used the plated one, and on my first day I had 75 lbs of plates on each side!!! I did 3 sets of 10, stood up, and for the first time in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, I felt absolutely badass!

A guy came up to try to help me take the plates off, but I was able to say "Nah, I got it, Thanks!" and actually smile.

I also used the regular squat bar - not the Smith machine, not the little dumbbells, and the trainer commented on my having "excellent form", which I was thrilled by because it's so not my thing.

I just felt so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no "level" when you're feeling badass ;) Nice work!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the entire thread but I'm 5'9", middle aged, can almost incline bench press half of my own body weight, can front squat and RDL dead lift 2/3rds of my weight, eat some junk food, and can drop a 6 ft+ grown man in under 3 seconds in full contact sparring. Can RAAWWWRRRR too? :laugh:

You can RRAAAWWRRR too lol
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love doing taekwondo, and the feeling when I execute several perfect kicks in a row and make the pad go SMACK! each time! Also if I can do that and knock the pad out of the targetholder's hand, lol. That makes me feel like a beast!! I love feeling strong too! :)
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    always wanted to take a martial arts class, thinking of taking Akido, mostly because there is a dojo or whatever right by my work.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    sakl;jfal;ksfhpq92387oaskdfjlassdfjl;kasd

EFF YOU 300 DEADLIFE... I SKIPPED YOUR LOUSY *kitten* AND WENT STRAIGHT TO 305!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!! I"M SO EXCITED. I ABSOLUTELY DID A HAPPY DANCE AFTER PULLING IT.

Of course I was by myself so I looked insane- and I seriously didn't care.

I've been stuck on 275/285 for months- BIG VICTORY FO RME WOOHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    sakl;jfal;ksfhpq92387oaskdfjlassdfjl;kasd

EFF YOU 300 DEADLIFE... I SKIPPED YOUR LOUSY *kitten* AND WENT STRAIGHT TO 305!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!! I"M SO EXCITED. I ABSOLUTELY DID A HAPPY DANCE AFTER PULLING IT.

Of course I was by myself so I looked insane- and I seriously didn't care.

I've been stuck on 275/285 for months- BIG VICTORY FO RME WOOHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh HELL YEAH!! WAHOO!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    my excitement- high.

I am confident I can pull 315 when rested. This makes me VERY happy. Glad I didn't vomit though- that was good. Vomit + deadlifts is NOT cool.

well- I mean it kind of is- but not really because then I would have been smelly.