RRRRAAAAAWWWWWRRRR

Options

Replies

• yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My current Rrrrraaaawwrr moments are on my mountain bike when I complete a technical trail (without falling! Ha!) and without wussying out on the scary downhills. LOVE this!

Oh, and deadlifts are always a Rrrrraaaawwrr moment! Dang, I love those lifts!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I am no where near the level of most you guys, but my RRRAAAAAWWWWRRR moment came earlier this week when I was able to hold a plank for 90 seconds for the first time in my life. This is a huge accomplishment for me. My core has always been rubbish, and to know that I"m finally getting some strength there makes me proud and happy.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I am no where near the level of most you guys, but my RRRAAAAAWWWWRRR moment came earlier this week when I was able to hold a plank for 90 seconds for the first time in my life. This is a huge accomplishment for me. My core has always been rubbish, and to know that I"m finally getting some strength there makes me proud and happy.

a 90 second plank is AWESOME! I'm usually shaking by 90 seconds and it takes focus! (I have a person on my fl who held a plank for ten minutes... TEN MINUTES!!! I'd die. I'm sure of it!)
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Glad it's not just me... what i don't get is my planks are awesome, I can crunch and reverse crunch, lateral flexions are no problem, but I'm still unstable lol when are my abs going to kick in and help a sista out?

no- its' definitely not just you. I'm a dancer- I spent at least 10 hrs a week holding first/second/fifth position- doing isolation's and all sorts of stuff- I'm no slouch in the "core" department but it's definitely an issue- it's not bracing the way I need it to!!!

I totally feel you guys! I was a swimmer and in choir, so the whole "core" thing seemed to be working for me. However, my balance drives me crazy! When I'm with my trainer, I'm always like "Whoops, hold on." "Oops, redo that one." lol

I have to say though, it's been a couple months now, and the strength training is really helping with the balance issue, and my abs have improved majorly in strength/balance. I'm happy to say that I've increased my weights weekly and am well on my way to the weights I was lifting in HS. :) When I can bench my BW again it'll be a happy day.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    1) Mirey is an AMAZINGLY awesome MFP peep (and a local I wish I could actually hang out with and learn a thing or two from!)

2) My RAWWRR moment - last Sunday I ran my first every 20 miles. I'm training for a full marathon right now and I did those 20 miles strong, finished strong and felt like I could have kept going.

I miss my Stronglifts every day. Running changes your body - and I'm softer than I was when I was focusing on SL. BUT, in a couple of months the marathon will be over and this babe is going to KILL her previous max lifts!

FR Sent! I missed the bit about being a local until just now! We're both doing the mud hero! Maybe we're in the same heat and can run it together? :-D
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My RRRAAAWWWRRR moment was this morning when I stepped on the scale and have lost 3lbs since my doctor told me after my last physical 2 weeks ago that my body had hit its set point and I wouldn't be able to lose any weight Take That Doc.
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This entire thread makes me wish I had pictures of me lifting :(

Anyway, my RRRRAAAAWWWWWRRRRR moment this week has to be hitting a 115lb squat for the first time post-injury (partially tore my left, medial hamstring in November and my phyisotherapist told me it was either squatting & deadlifting or skating, I couldn't do both... so I chose skating lol. Anyway, I just started back to squatting and deadlifting properly at the end of January.)
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I had a sweet RRRRAAAWWWRRR moment about a month ago when my brother-in-law walked through my home gym after I had just finished DL'ing. I still had the plates on the bar on the ground and he looked up at me in disbelief and said "Did my brother lift all that!?!?!". I laughed and said "No way, dude….that was me.".

:noway: <---- His face.

BEASTMODE- ON!

This is so friggin cool!

Great thread, awesome pics, OP: wow!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    On a positive note my Rawwwwwwwwwwr moment this week is on Friday I will have been lifting for 30 weeks...6months...and I remember reading a particular thread and commenting on a woman's back and how fab it was and she indicated it took 6 months and I never ever thought I would get there...

I AM HERE....RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

This is MFP, so I am now obliged to say,
    "Pics, or it didn't happen!"

yes yes I know...husband takes pics...will get those up on Saturday on my 6month anniversary.

ETA: hard to get good back pics (flexed) by myself.

Set your camera on video mode, and take a video. Then pause it and screen shot where it looks best! Works well!

Good idea....

I need to do this! My hubby is rubbish at taking pics (and it's a bit embarrassing to ask). You can see in my photos my attempt at a back-flex-selfie, but it leaves something to be desired.
  • CHSegl
    CHSegl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Springfield-
    You are raising a really smart son there! He's gonna make a great BF/hubby for some lucky girl some day. How diplomatic of him...:)
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i think tonight was my first real rawr moment in quite some time.

i made the decision this week to start running again. today was going to be the first one. come home from work, cook tea, put kids to bed (that is always an effort in this house) do some contracted work that i do after hours and then suddenly it was 9.30. the excuses begin, "ah well, too late now, just go watch some tv"

log on to MFP to do my food, 360 over goal "ah well, atleast i didnt go over maintenance"

read a thread called "i dont even like running". beast mode kicks in. "bugger this, im going"

but since i just got my phone back from being repaired it was wiped and i hadnt put all my apps back on it yet. so ok, its just me, my music and the road. im just gonna run till i cant run then turn around and walk back, and throw in the occasional run on the return trip.

i walk out of the estate as a warm up (about 300m) then i start running. i get to the point that when doing c25k i would normally start fading and im not even struggling. ok, lets keep going. so i keep going, and going and going. i get past my furthest 1/2 way point when doing c25k and keep going. when i hit the next main road i decide i should probably turn around. and i keep running. thats when i decide im going to run all the way to the starting point. it was tough. i recognised the point where the brain was staying stop but i knew that the body could keep going, despite the feet getting hot and my quads starting to burn. i let out a war cry and pushed it through. I MADE IT. i rekon i could have gone further too but i made my goal for the night so i left it at that, might push for more next time.

when i got home i plotted the run using runkeeper. it was 4.29km of not stop running. easily a PB since probably 3 years ago when i hit my best weight of 89kg. i then checked the length of the songs i listened to to determine it was 32:46 so my pace was about 7:40 per km. so i think the key is not to worry about the pace, or the distance, and just run. which is what i will do from now on as it was much more enjoyable. i will use the runkeeper app to track it, but i will have all updates turned off. just me and my music and beast mode

RRAAAWWWWRRR
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Glad it's not just me... what i don't get is my planks are awesome, I can crunch and reverse crunch, lateral flexions are no problem, but I'm still unstable lol when are my abs going to kick in and help a sista out?

no- its' definitely not just you. I'm a dancer- I spent at least 10 hrs a week holding first/second/fifth position- doing isolation's and all sorts of stuff- I'm no slouch in the "core" department but it's definitely an issue- it's not bracing the way I need it to!!!

I totally feel you guys! I was a swimmer and in choir, so the whole "core" thing seemed to be working for me. However, my balance drives me crazy! When I'm with my trainer, I'm always like "Whoops, hold on." "Oops, redo that one." lol

I have to say though, it's been a couple months now, and the strength training is really helping with the balance issue, and my abs have improved majorly in strength/balance. I'm happy to say that I've increased my weights weekly and am well on my way to the weights I was lifting in HS. :) When I can bench my BW again it'll be a happy day.

Try mindfully engaging your back and the deep pelvic muscles. Not kegels but the ones that are right at your groin.
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing!

The Sara gif is the best, badass and utterly adorable at the same time, it brought tears to my eyes. Love love love it!

re: balance... does anyone live in a town with trains for public transportation? I'm in Chicago, and one of my favorite things to do to increase balance is 'surf' the El. Stand in doorway, where you can grab something if you need to, and try not to fall. That's it, it works wonders! I also like the YAYOG 'King of the Klutz' exercise. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    On a positive note my Rawwwwwwwwwwr moment this week is on Friday I will have been lifting for 30 weeks...6months...and I remember reading a particular thread and commenting on a woman's back and how fab it was and she indicated it took 6 months and I never ever thought I would get there...

yes yes I know...husband takes pics...will get those up on Saturday on my 6month anniversary.

Set your camera on video mode, and take a video. Then pause it and screen shot where it looks best! Works well!

Good idea....

I need to do this! My hubby is rubbish at taking pics (and it's a bit embarrassing to ask). You can see in my photos my attempt at a back-flex-selfie, but it leaves something to be desired.

I use my self timer- almost all camera's and phones have it as an option. Although I struggle getting it high enough to take a good shot for the back- I had him do it last time LOL

people some times smirk at the selfies- but that crap is hard to do and make look good!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i admit i bought a tripod lol
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    late...but in for the awesome (except that one person's negativity)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing!

The Sara gif is the best, badass and utterly adorable at the same time, it brought tears to my eyes. Love love love it!

re: balance... does anyone live in a town with trains for public transportation? I'm in Chicago, and one of my favorite things to do to increase balance is 'surf' the El. Stand in doorway, where you can grab something if you need to, and try not to fall. That's it, it works wonders! I also like the YAYOG 'King of the Klutz' exercise. :)

You can do the same thing on buses :)
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    i think tonight was my first real rawr moment in quite some time.

i made the decision this week to start running again. today was going to be the first one. come home from work, cook tea, put kids to bed (that is always an effort in this house) do some contracted work that i do after hours and then suddenly it was 9.30. the excuses begin, "ah well, too late now, just go watch some tv"

log on to MFP to do my food, 360 over goal "ah well, atleast i didnt go over maintenance"

read a thread called "i dont even like running". beast mode kicks in. "bugger this, im going"

but since i just got my phone back from being repaired it was wiped and i hadnt put all my apps back on it yet. so ok, its just me, my music and the road. im just gonna run till i cant run then turn around and walk back, and throw in the occasional run on the return trip.

i walk out of the estate as a warm up (about 300m) then i start running. i get to the point that when doing c25k i would normally start fading and im not even struggling. ok, lets keep going. so i keep going, and going and going. i get past my furthest 1/2 way point when doing c25k and keep going. when i hit the next main road i decide i should probably turn around. and i keep running. thats when i decide im going to run all the way to the starting point. it was tough. i recognised the point where the brain was staying stop but i knew that the body could keep going, despite the feet getting hot and my quads starting to burn. i let out a war cry and pushed it through. I MADE IT. i rekon i could have gone further too but i made my goal for the night so i left it at that, might push for more next time.

when i got home i plotted the run using runkeeper. it was 4.29km of not stop running. easily a PB since probably 3 years ago when i hit my best weight of 89kg. i then checked the length of the songs i listened to to determine it was 32:46 so my pace was about 7:40 per km. so i think the key is not to worry about the pace, or the distance, and just run. which is what i will do from now on as it was much more enjoyable. i will use the runkeeper app to track it, but i will have all updates turned off. just me and my music and beast mode

RRAAAWWWWRRR

RRRRAAAAAWWWWRRRRs with you!!!

Great job! That is so fantastic!!!
    Thank you so very much for sharing :happy:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Good idea....

I use my self timer- almost all camera's and phones have it as an option. Although I struggle getting it high enough to take a good shot for the back- I had him do it last time LOL

people some times smirk at the selfies- but that crap is hard to do and make look good!

I learned how to use the self timer on my camera...got a stool and a prop (my tripod is broken)

Put them in my profile...
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I learned how to use the self timer on my camera...got a stool and a prop (my tripod is broken)

Put them in my profile...

You look fantastic! Great job!!