This is why people can't eat all of their calories...

Options

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

This is why everyone is always wondering why they can't eat the amount of calories they are supposed to. It's easy to eat 1000 calories in a day, its easy to eat 3000 calories in a day. It is not east to eat 2000 calories in a day.

I find it easy to eat 2000 calories in a day. About 1750 in breakfast lunch and dinner, with a bowl of ice cream on top.

Id be interested in seeing your diary. Some days I have trouble eating enough without eating something bad for me.

And there's your ultimate mistake.

Nothing is truly bad for you. Eat the ice cream, like she does. If you're really avoiding everything you think is "bad", I have serious doubts your macros are as balanced as they should be.

It's consistency though. I don't ever demonize food, but I also am not going to eat something unhealthy every day.

My diary is open. I eat something "unhealthy" every day. Don't see a problem with it.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    What did I just read... this doesn't even make sense?

I find it pathetically easy to eat 3,000 cals in a single meal. I want to eat MOAR, I just don't.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

This is why everyone is always wondering why they can't eat the amount of calories they are supposed to. It's easy to eat 1000 calories in a day, its easy to eat 3000 calories in a day. It is not east to eat 2000 calories in a day.

I find it easy to eat 2000 calories in a day. About 1750 in breakfast lunch and dinner, with a bowl of ice cream on top.

Id be interested in seeing your diary. Some days I have trouble eating enough without eating something bad for me.

Nothing is truly bad for you. Eat the ice cream, like she does. If you're really avoiding everything you think is "bad", I have serious doubts your macros are as balanced as they should be.

It's consistency though. I don't ever demonize food, but I also am not going to eat something unhealthy every day.

Well that is where the problem lies.

I eat ice cream and some cookies just about every night. No reason not to. I eat my chicken and my fish and my veggies and sometimes I eve have some fruit. And then I eat some ice cream.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Right now I'm eating around 3000, but I'm typically closer to 2000. It's just practice. After a couple of months, it'll be as easy to plan a meal within your calories as it is to do 1000/3000 now.

agreed...I don't find it hard at all to eat 1700 and I know when I hit maitenance my main meals wont change but my snacks will..nom nom chocolate and toaster strudle..
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    What did I just read... this doesn't even make sense?

I find it pathetically easy to eat 3,000 cals in a single meal. I want to eat MOAR, I just don't.

Did someone mention fried mozzarella sticks?
    No?
    Oh, that's just my head telling me to eat 30 of them.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options

What do you consider bad?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Here are some ideas for adding healthy calories:

Chicken with the skin
    Steak
    Cheese
    Whole eggs (including deviled eggs, egg salad)
    Full fat dairy (including cottage cheese, yogurt)
    Fruit,
    Peanut butter or other nut butters
    Nuts
    Avocado
    Dried fruit (raisins, apricots, apples)
    Dark chocolate
    Salmon
    Add Chia seeds to salads or yogurt
    Olive oil
    Smoothies
    Granola/sports nutrition bars
    Whole grains or whole grain products (like brown rice, Quinoa, oatmeal)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

The bolded is a direct contradiction.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

What's wrong with eating something "unhealthy" every day?

It's personal preference, of course. You can fill the rest of your calorie goal eating something healthy, if you really wanted to. Half a cup of peanuts is about 300 calories.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, and you're welcome to have a look.
    I try to hit my macros, but I also eat "unhealthy" food pretty much every day.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I have read your post three times and with all due respect, I have no idea what you are talking about, except that I understand that you cut out soft drinks, sweet tea and eat beans from a can and put yogurt on your potato. Those are all things to congratulate you for. Does the rest of what you said apply to all of us ? I don't think so.....
    My diary is always open. I eat a whole foods based diet ( without a label, because I eat what I want ) and always have. I got fat from eating too much of it. I eat 1200 calories ( because I am old and under five feet....and yes, I mention it every time to avoid those nasty comments, sorry if I bore someone) and I actually eat a LOT of food, except on Thursday and Tuesday. That's when I do 5:2 IF, because it suits me. I also eat nothing " low cal " , " diet " or " light ". I eat real cream on my strawberries, real cheese, full fat anything, but avoid anything processed....because I never have eaten foods from a box , because I am from and live in a different food culture.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Here are some ideas for adding healthy calories:

Chicken with the skin
    Steak
    Cheese
    Whole eggs (including deviled eggs, egg salad)
    Full fat dairy (including cottage cheese, yogurt)
    Fruit,
    Peanut butter or other nut butters
    Nuts
    Avocado
    Dried fruit (raisins, apricots, apples)
    Dark chocolate
    Salmon
    Add Chia seeds to salads or yogurt
    Olive oil
    Smoothies
    Granola/sports nutrition bars
    Whole grains or whole grain products (like brown rice, Quinoa, oatmeal)

Thanks I just figured out my lunch for tomorrow..egg salad nom nom...
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

The bolded is a direct contradiction.

That is not what demonizing food means. sir. Demonizing food means that there are certain foods claimed you should NEVER eat. I don't do that. Im just not going to eat something loaded with sugar every day. That's part of how I got this way. I eat dessert, occasionally. And that's how it should be.
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have read your post three times and with all due respect, I have no idea what you are talking about, except that I understand that you cut out soft drinks, sweet tea and eat beans from a can and put yogurt on your potato. Those are all things to congratulate you for. Does the rest of what you said apply to all of us ? I don't think so.....

I don't think you understand the art of an example.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Red wine.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I have no problems.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Red wine.

Amen.
  • spmcavoy1
    spmcavoy1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's because people go to extremes and cut calorie-dense foods out of their diets completely.
    That, or they enjoy humble-bragging :P

Just some food for thought tho, like I was saying. It can be difficult to make a small portion of a calorie dense food without wasting the rest of what you bought. Sometimes its easier and more cost effective to cut it out completely, not because you want to, but because its more practical, like my "exactly 9 french fries" example.

Well, if you make your own oven fries or use frozen fries, the "9" fries aren't that hard. I've eaten french fries with dinner, a sensible lunch and a sensible breakfast and have stayed within either my minimum or adjusted calories. I understand it must be hard for you, but there are some easy swaps - maybe try a higher fat yogurt, add some whole nuts or nut butters, pre-portion goodies.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think it's because people confuse caloric density with nutrition. If it's calorie dense it must be "bad" when in reality there are any number of highly nutritious foods that are also calorie dense. Also, people go way off the deep end thinking that 100% of their diet has to be lean, green, and whole and that they can't have any junk food...news flash, you don't get extra credit for more broccoli once your nutritional requirements have been met.

If you look at the people here who've had the most success and long term success to boot, the vast majority eat very nutritious and healthy diets and you will notice plenty of healthy fats that bump up those calories from things like olive oil, nuts, avocados, nut butters, etc...but you will also notice a smattering of "junk" here and there as well. I myself have "junk" calories everry single day and I can tell you from my blood work that I'm healthier now pushing 40 than I was in my mid 20s and far more fit. There's not reason to go to the extremes of deprivation dieting...also, people just need to get over this idea that fat makes you fat and eat more fat. There are so many studies out there showing that no fat/low fat diets actually put you at higher risk for heart disease and everything else that I can't believe they actually sell low fat/no fat **** anymore.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    ETA: DP