This is why people can't eat all of their calories...

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I think it's because they've convinced themselves they just can't possibly eat anymore, all in the mind.

I do however wish it was all in my mind that I am still hungry after all my meals today :grumble:
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I just started 15 days ago and have no problem eating my calories, but that's just me.....I love food....probably why I got to 293 pounds!

But I have kept full fat things in my new lifestyle....cheese, whole eggs, real butter, and evoo....mmmmmm....yummy!

But to each their own!

You go girl.
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    it is NOT okay to go out at 8 or 9 oclock at night and buy yourself a milkshake full of sugars, or even worse, synthetic sugars and then go to bed a couple of hours later. If you think that's okay, Im not sure what to tell you.

That's perfectly okay.
    First of all, when you eat has nothing to do with anything. That's all hogwash.
    And second of all, what's so bad about sugar? Nothing. Everything is bad in excess, but one milkshake isn't going to do anyone harm. And if someone enjoys sweeteners as opposed to sugar, that's their right. I'm not a huge fan of chemical sweeteners, but I'm not afraid of them.

I agree that what time you eat doesn't play as big a role as once thought, but it does matter if you are loading up on sugar right before you go to sleep.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    it is NOT okay to go out at 8 or 9 oclock at night and buy yourself a milkshake full of sugars, or even worse, synthetic sugars and then go to bed a couple of hours later. If you think that's okay, Im not sure what to tell you.

That's perfectly okay.
    And second of all, what's so bad about sugar? Nothing. Everything is bad in excess, but one milkshake isn't going to do anyone harm. And if someone enjoys sweeteners as opposed to sugar, that's their right. I'm not a huge fan of chemical sweeteners, but I'm not afraid of them.

I agree that what time you eat doesn't play as big a role as once thought, but it does matter if you are loading up on sugar right before you go to sleep.

why does that matter...I eat my milk chocolate and drink my diet coke before I go to bed every night...and tonight I will have my yogurt too and If I was at 2000 calories a toaster strudle...(and I have done that in the past) and as you can see it hasn't hurt my health or weigh loss in any way shape or form.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Don't have to go buy anything. I have milk in my fridge and ice cream in my freezer. Presto. But really usually I just eat the ice cream instead of blending it with milk. It doesn't affect my sleep or my weight loss.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

That's perfectly okay.

why does that matter...I eat my milk chocolate and drink my diet coke before I go to bed every night...and tonight I will have my yogurt too and If I was at 2000 calories a toaster strudle...(and I have done that in the past) and as you can see it hasn't hurt my health or weigh loss in any way shape or form.

+1
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

That's perfectly okay.

Some people have sleep trouble when eating simple carbs right before bed.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    What was that you were saying about not demonizing foods?
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just started 15 days ago and have no problem eating my calories, but that's just me.....I love food....probably why I got to 293 pounds!

But I have kept full fat things in my new lifestyle....cheese, whole eggs, real butter, and evoo....mmmmmm....yummy!

But to each their own!

You go girl.

• skinnyinnotime
    Options

Why? What will happen to us?
  • jdb3388
    Options

This word you keep saying. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Once again, not about the food, about the timing and the consistency.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

Why? What will happen to us?

Gizmo.PNG
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's because people go to extremes and cut calorie-dense foods out of their diets completely.
    That, or they enjoy humble-bragging :P

Just some food for thought tho, like I was saying. It can be difficult to make a small portion of a calorie dense food without wasting the rest of what you bought. Sometimes its easier and more cost effective to cut it out completely, not because you want to, but because its more practical, like my "exactly 9 french fries" example.

I guess I am the only one on the thread that is in the same boat. I understand not cutting out all bad food but I do find it difficult to eat healthfully and fill up all the calories without spending a ton! And by eating healthfully, I mean fitting in my macros, not banning ice cream or fat.

I'm not looking for anyone to analyze my diary or macros...just saying I understand you, OP. It's easy to budget in 1000 calories worth of food, it's easy to hit 3000 by going out to eat all the time...but hitting that magic number in the middle without too little protein or too many carbs...it is tough. Not impossible, just tough.

Saute your veggies or roast them in the oven with a bit of olive oil, 1 Tbsp has around 120 calories. Have a mere ounce of almonds for a snack...it's a tiny little handful and clocks in around 160 calories. I actually make my own home fries that consist of 150 grams of potato that I cut up and I add a tsp or two of olive oil and roast those in the oven...no waste. Also, numerous foods can be put in this thing called a refrigerator and reheated for later consumption...you don't have to waste anything really.

There are about a million other things you can do as well. I eat very healthy...I am very budget conscious and hate waste of any kind and do not remotely find it difficult to hit my 2700 - 2800 calories I need to maintain my weight...I certainly didn't find it hard to find 2000 - 2200 to lose weight, I can tell you that for sure.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Um... what did I just read?

^^ hahaha I thought this too!!
    Easy to eat 1000 or 3000 but not 2000?
    I'm just lost haha
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    OP, you're telling people that log and eat 2000 calories every day that what they're doing is impossible. You don't see any flaw in your argument? Have you looked at the open diaries on here? Hello, is this thing on?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

I, personally, don't have a problem with it. If you do, that's information that you need to use.

Not sure what you mean by "synthetic sugars" unless you are talking about low-calorie sweeteners.

There is a lot of good advice on this thread. I'd like to leave you with one more thought. Re-read all the posts again. You might even want to jot down some of the pieces of advice that are mentioned multiple times whether or not you agree with them. Then file it away. It might not all make sense now - I went through a phase where I drank Almond Milk because that's what worked for me at that time - but it might snap into place later.
  • jdb3388
    Options
    OP, you're telling people that log and eat 2000 calories every day that what they're doing is impossible. You don't see any flaw in your argument? Have you looked at the open diaries on here? Hello, is this thing on?

There is no flaw in my argument because I'm not making an argument. I'm saying that something is difficult and that's why some people have trouble with it.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Hey, OP, I remember you!

Guys, I just have to point out that the OP is the author of the "Hypothetical" Thread about starving yourself on I think it was 700 calories and then once goal weight is achieved adding 100 calories a week. He wanted to know if that would cause weight gain or if "this hypothetical person" would still maintain.

So, when you're trying to argue with him about it being okay to eat calorically dense food, keep that in mind.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

There is no flaw in my argument because I'm not making an argument. I'm saying that something is difficult and that's why some people have trouble with it.

Hmm, I'd be willing to place a bet and say most people would agree it's much harder to eat 1,000 cals daily than it is 2,000
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

This word you keep saying. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Once again, not about the food, about the timing and the consistency.
    So, which part is bad? Eating late, or having a milkshake? If it's the "synthetic sugars" (which are labeled "even worse" above), what makes them "even worse"? How is a body differentiating between "synthetic" and "natural" sugars as it breaks them down for energy, exactly?