This is why people can't eat all of their calories...

Options

Replies

• Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    This is why everyone is always wondering why they can't eat the amount of calories they are supposed to. It's easy to eat 1000 calories in a day, its easy to eat 3000 calories in a day. It is not east to eat 2000 calories in a day.
    There is no single answer for everyone. I've been at this since November 2011. On maintenance since May 2012. It's working, but it's nevery easy.

I'm glad you found out what worked for you but that doesn't mean it is the same for everyone.
  • LittleE1016
    Options
    Fast Food makes it easy to go over normal calories you should have! The extra sodas, beers, and sugars are no good. If your gonna lose weight its all about caloric intake and output. You have to burn what you eat. Hundreds and millions of years ago we spent time finding food and making shelter that we didnt need to try and burn anything. Food is energy! Protein will be the one to make you feel fuller longer! That is why I am having a hard time eating my lunch as I speak! From my protein I had 4hours ago! Eat smart people! Even if you cheat, don't screw it up by telling yourself you already fudged it up mine as well eat it all! Just stop before it goes too far!
  • melissaklotz
    Options
    Who says you only have to make half a cup of mac and cheese? Or only one portion of anything? Make the full thing and freeze it for later. Eat some tomorrow for lunch. Eat it the day after next for dinner.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Fast Food makes it easy to go over normal calories you should have! The extra sodas, beers, and sugars are no good. If your gonna lose weight its all about caloric intake and output. You have to burn what you eat. Hundreds and millions of years ago we spent time finding food and making shelter that we didnt need to try and burn anything. Food is energy! Protein will be the one to make you feel fuller longer! That is why I am having a hard time eating my lunch as I speak! From my protein I had 4hours ago! Eat smart people! Even if you cheat, don't screw it up by telling yourself you already fudged it up mine as well eat it all! Just stop before it goes too far!

I'm confused about how this was relevant to this thread .-.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I have read your post three times and with all due respect, I have no idea what you are talking about, except that I understand that you cut out soft drinks, sweet tea and eat beans from a can and put yogurt on your potato. Those are all things to congratulate you for. Does the rest of what you said apply to all of us ? I don't think so.....

I don't think you understand the art of an example.

Possibly, but what example would that be ?

You are not alone. I can't figure out the meaning or purpose of the OP either. That being said, my average daily calorie intake for the last 7 days was 1935cals/day. Not difficult at all. Oh, yeah, and I lost a lb in the process.

What can't you understand? It's in English, there are few(if any) grammatical errors. You might disagree, and you might be trying to tell everyone you disagree by being an *kitten* hat about it, but if you just don't understand what I'm trying to communicate then I think there's a deeper problem, and it's not on my end.

That being said, Yes, anyone can eat and add it all up and then say "oh no im 400 calories short" and go buy a milkshake. That's not okay. Planning for exactly 2000 is difficult for all of the reasons I have already said.

That's why I plan the milkshake from the get go.

My day is planned like this: First meal->dessert->dinner-> fill in snacks as needed to hit protein/fat/anything else I might feel like hitting. Easy Peasy

I don't eat in a vacuum.......I don't look up from the computer after logging and realize " OMG I only ate 689 calories, how did that come about " ?. It also does not happen that I realize " oh, I ate 3415 calories without realizing how that happened ". Why,? because I plan my food, I know now that a person of my height and age cannot consistently eat more than 1200 calories if they want to lose some weight. And I plan accordingly. Not down to last last calories, but within a 100 or so and that includes for example half a pound of strawberries with cream & sugar. I follow some people who are really successful and who I admire for all they have done to shed weight and become healthy and fit.....and they all plan before hand. No one eats " just because there are calories left " and I agree with you....it's not a good idea.
    I am no one special, possess no special powers and am of average intelligence......and I manage. So what is so difficult for others? That's what I don't understand and the fact that " This is why people can't eat all of their calories " is a blanket statement that does not apply to many if not most people... And I realized right away that the post was in English and understand that part just fine, even though English is my fourth language.......jejeje.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Fast Food makes it easy to go over normal calories you should have! The extra sodas, beers, and sugars are no good.

Beer is no good???

OMG what a thing to say, there is no need to insult beer.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Fast Food makes it easy to go over normal calories you should have! The extra sodas, beers, and sugars are no good.

Beer is no good???

I'm wondering which fast food joint is serving beer; the Wendy's around here has yet to install a kegerator.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I don't eat in a vacuum.......I don't look up from the computer after logging and realize " OMG I only ate 689 calories, how did that come about " ?. It also does not happen that I realize " oh, I ate 3415 calories without realizing how that happened ". Why,? because I plan my food, I know now that a person of my height and age cannot consistently eat more than 1200 calories if they want to lose some weight. And I plan accordingly. Not down to last last calories, but within a 100 or so and that includes for example half a pound of strawberries with cream & sugar. I follow some people who are really successful and who I admire for all they have done to shed weight and become healthy and fit.....and they all plan before hand. No one eats " just because there are calories left " and I agree with you....it's not a good idea.
    I am no one special, possess no special powers and am of average intelligence......and I manage. So what is so difficult for others? That's what I don't understand and the fact that " This is why people can't eat all of their calories " is a blanket statement that does not apply to many if not most people... And I realized right away that the post was in English and understand that part just fine, even though English is my fourth language.......jejeje.

While I agree with some of what you said, the bolded part I disagree with. People who have specific fitness goals find that their performance suffers if they are not eating ALL of their calories. These people do eat more when they have calories left.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

Beer is no good???

I'm wondering which fast food joint is serving beer; the Wendy's around here has yet to install a kegerator.

Starbucks is starting to sell wine and beer in the evenings >>
  • vanillaminus
    vanillaminus Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm having that problem too.... I find eating 1200 easy but every time I do maintentance I end up eating way more, because I try to reach goal with 'healthy' foods (including oils). But then it's not enough, so I end up eating 1 cookie, 2 cookies and then it turns into 20 cookies and I surpass my goal hahaha!!! I have no self-control ):
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Beer is no good???

This whole thread is full of confusion...and now insults to beer...where will it end...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Good thing I track my food and know what I can and cannot fit into my day, huh?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

While I agree with some of what you said, the bolded part I disagree with. People who have specific fitness goals find that their performance suffers if they are not eating ALL of their calories. These people do eat more when they have calories left.

agreed....hence my statement hunger is not always the best indicator of what your body needs.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Beer is no good???

What about milkshakes at 8-9pm?
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

Beer is no good???

NO BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE BAD! MILKSHAKES ARE BAD! 8-9 PM IS BAD!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Beer is no good???

Even if it's 1,000 or 3,000 calories?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Beer is no good???

What about a frappuchino? Or a frosty? Please tell me frosty's are okay after 9pm!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Beer is no good???

What if they are boozy milkshakes? What then?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    it is NOT okay to go out at 8 or 9 oclock at night and buy yourself a milkshake full of sugars, or even worse, synthetic sugars and then go to bed a couple of hours later. If you think that's okay, Im not sure what to tell you.
    What was that you were saying about not demonizing foods?

This word you keep saying. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Once again, not about the food, about the timing and the consistency.
    "Synthetic" sugars are "even worse" than sugars. Those are your words. It said nothing about consistency. That would be demonizing food. Unless you care to explain how/why "synthetic sugars" are "even worse" for you. Which part of your body gets damaged/destroyed by ingesting these?

BTW I agree that it is definitely about context.

And if you have already met your nutritional goals for the day, then the context is, "you need more calories and not more micronutrients, so sugar "synthetic" or otherwise, is not IN THIS SCENARIO bad (or "even worse") for you."
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

What about a frappuchino? Or a frosty? Please tell me frosty's are okay after 9pm!

So long as it's not a milkshake.
    /end thread