NSV today! Share yours?

Options

Replies

• Mavalicous
    Mavalicous Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    At work one of my customers asked when I had started because I was new to the store. I told him I had been there 2 years and he probably just remembers the bigger Mike..lol

Ive also drilled new holes in my belt. Well I must have drilled 8 new holes about a month ago and now I see just one hole left before I'll need to do it again. Well I think I'll just buy a new belt.

Last one is I went clothes shopping few months ago because I needed new pants and work shorts. I thought I would be a 36 with the weight I had lost but I ended up needing 34's. And wouldn't you know it, the 34's are now getting loose on me. :)

oh and my last one was today...a user here actually said I was "hot" hahaha. Hot and my name dont usually get uttered in the same sentence! hahaha
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Went from 2 x size shirts to medium.. Got off blood pressure meds..
  • Mavalicous
    Mavalicous Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Went from 2 x size shirts to medium.. Got off blood pressure meds..
    good for you!!

I was at XXL as well and now can wear a large. I also was on blood pressure meds and I am diabetic. I now manage my diabetes with diet and exercise and no medication and am off the blood pressure pills!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I bought these retro bell bottom, polyester pants at a thrift store last year & couldn't even pull them over my knees. Today I could pull them on, button them, & had to lay on the bed to zipper them haha but they zippered. Of course since they're vintage they're true size & still way too small for me to wear in public, but they actually zippered.
  • don3_16
    don3_16 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Finished my first 10k today. I missed my goal time that I set, and it was ugly at the end, but, hey, I finished 6.2mi. A year ago, I don't think I would've been confident enough to say that.

Also, I saw the post-race pics after the race my brother posted on FB. Running has gotten my legs looking pretty defined, which again, I couldn't say a year ago.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I bought a size 8 dress yesterday I think realistically I'm a 10 or a 12 but I'll take vanity sizing anyday.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Those 9 inches I have lost off my abs in the last 8 months.

I don't care so much about the scale number .. but those inches are, how do I say it .. priceless.
  • ntftnm
    ntftnm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend I bought a size medium in hopes that someday it would fit, I got home and tried it on and it does fit!

Yesterday I was outside wearing a polo shirt and dress pants and finally feeling confident that I didn't "overflow' my outfit. A lady I see about once a week said, "You"ve lost a lot of weight! How did you do it? I just don't have time to go to the gym." At first I didn't even realize she was talking about me! Then I said I don't really exercise, just calorie counting right now." (But inside I was jumping up and down! Finally! Someone can see I am changing!)
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have gotten out my summer wardrobe and am realizing I need new summer blouses as almost all of them are to big on me!
  • heatherutopia
    heatherutopia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Go team go!

I ran my first ever 5k on Friday, I was bouncing around I was so pleased!

I now fit in size 16 NON STRETCH Oasis dresses which just did not want to do up last time I tried!

My skin is glowing, my lungs are healthy, I feel good even when I'm tired!

I can now run at level 10 on a treadmill without fearing for my life, when I first started I couldn't go any higher than 6.5!

I'm so happpppyyyyyy!!!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Starting to see a tiny difference from going to the gym. smiley_pushup.gif

I basically live in shorts or swimming trunks and flip flops. I have to use a belt to keep my shorts up, the flip flops flop more than they flip and I'm in fear of losing my trunks every time I come up out of a wave in the ocean. I had a 36" waist last year, bought some 34" a few months ago which are getting loose and must be a 33 or 32 now.
  • CathieRochester
    Options
    I started doing boot camp in September of 2013. The most I could lift for a bicept curl was a 2 pound weight. Today I had to switch from the 8 pound weights to a 10 pound weight for the bicept curl. :happy: Slow progress, but it is progress.
  • AtomicOvary
    AtomicOvary Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This morning I got out of the shower and realized I had a thigh gap... which I think is disgusting (and overglorified by girls on Pinterest). But it did make me realize that I was making progress despite not actually losing any weight. My body was rearranging itself and I actually have a figure now :D
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This morning I got out of the shower and realized I had a thigh gap... which I think is disgusting (and overglorified by girls on Pinterest). But it did make me realize that I was making progress despite not actually losing any weight. My body was rearranging itself and I actually have a figure now :D

thigh gap - check

I've heard the next step is when the swim suit bottoms are not touching the skin around the lower abdomen :laugh: oh and the thigh gap is by no means disgusting :tongue:
  • Crawfie16
    Crawfie16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bought these retro bell bottom, polyester pants at a thrift store last year & couldn't even pull them over my knees. Today I could pull them on, button them, & had to lay on the bed to zipper them haha but they zippered. Of course since they're vintage they're true size & still way too small for me to wear in public, but they actually zippered.
    That must have really been such a great feeling.!!! ????
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My 18 year old daughter telling me that all her guy friends think I am the hottest mum they know....and she gets lifts home from parties because of it!

(Personally, I think she exaggerated a little bit - I think the boys drop her home because SHE is hot...but she is a sweet girl to say so :laugh: )
  • Hardnfast
    Hardnfast Posts: 463
    Options
    Milf :devil:
  • CraziiMaddii
    Options
    congrats. very inspiring.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Milf :devil:

I wonder what Your post was before editing :bigsmile:
  • mags0482
    mags0482 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    3 years ago I started C25k - from the very beginning. I had never been a runner and really struggled.

It's taken me a long time to get there, but on Saturday I did my first 10k without stopping in 1:03:43. I almost cried when I finished! Already planning on doing another one in July with the goal to finish in less than an hour!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!