NSV today! Share yours?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• amongstthewildflowers
    amongstthewildflowers Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    On Saturday I went to my Grandma's 80th birthday party which was at a pretty fancy restaurant. I bought a nice dress to wear, first dress I have bought in years and it was in a size 8 (used to be a size 18 in pants)! I still couldn't believe it fit and how great I looked and felt in it! I got so many compliments from everyone there. I feel incredibly proud of myself!
  • carolinelock750
    carolinelock750 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My friend told me that I looked like a normal person .
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I haven't had one in a long time, so I'm really pumped. I lost 1/2 inch on my waist and some formerly bumpy body parts have smoothed out. I'm feeling good!:drinker:
  • mvedwards87
    mvedwards87 Posts: 19
    Options
    After 6 months of being a participant in the *mandatory:grumble:* "Army Body Composition Program" (formerly known as the "Army Weight Control Program"... UGH!), I have lost a combined total of 6 inches from the waist and hips and I am now only 1% BF over my requirement!!! So what does that mean?? When I take measurements next month and my BF% meets the standard, I will once again be eligible for a much-deserved PROMOTION!!!
  • mvedwards87
    mvedwards87 Posts: 19
    Options
    I started doing boot camp in September of 2013. The most I could lift for a bicept curl was a 2 pound weight. Today I had to switch from the 8 pound weights to a 10 pound weight for the bicept curl. :happy: Slow progress, but it is progress.

Um, HELL YES!!! Strong is sexy in my opinion :) Get it girl!
  • mhoss101
    mhoss101 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I love NSV threads!! It’s a great way to share success even if the scale reflects otherwise! And really, only people who are trying to lose weight appreciate NSV’s.. So here are a few of mine since I started..
    1. I’m finally comfortable in my own skin.
    2. Three women from my weight training class that I go to in the mornings came up to me and said I looked great and they could tell I’ve lost a “ton” of weight.. I don’t consider 27 lbs a ton but what an ego booster..
    3. A few days after this, a coworker stopped me in the bathroom and stated I looked great and asked how I lost a “TON” of weight.
    4. Wore a skirt that I’ve kept in my drawer that I haven’t been able to wear in about 5 years.. I got rid of a lot of clothes that were too small because it was too depressing to have cute clothes I couldn’t wear. A bonus NSV: I felt great it in!!
    5. Flights of stairs.. BRING IT!
  • LaLaVee13
    LaLaVee13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had bought a pair of capris a size too small (I tried them on then anyways and couldn't get the past my hips!) a couple years ago accidentally and they've been buried in my closet ever since. I recently organized my closet and came across them. Welli decided to try them on a few days ago even though I can't see any difference in my size yet and they fit perfectly! Yay!
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I tried on a cap and I felt good in it. :blushing: Never could wear any because my head was too round and I felt (and looked) ridiculous!
  • peaceandak47
    peaceandak47 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Saw a friend the other night that I hadn't seen since Thanksgiving and she could not stop commenting on how great I look- people are starting to notice! Which means I'm starting to notice and I'm not going to quit!
  • Mavalicous
    Mavalicous Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    -bought a new pair of cargo shorts and I actually fit into 32's! yay!!

- ran on the treadmill at the gym and actually clocked a 5k in 25:20, I know I'm capable of faster times now and need to find a way to push harder when the feet hit the pavement

- tightened my belt one more notch, I'm out of holes for the 2nd time on this belt, had to drill new holes the last time. I think I'll buy a new one this time..lol

-work in sales and I still get customers asking if I've lost weight recently, they say they can really see it in my face.
  • mrsslls
    mrsslls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring just fell off my finger today.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring just fell off my finger today.
    I can relate!
  • keobooks
    keobooks Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've only been at it for 2 weeks now, but I already went down a bra size. I also asked the clerk if she thought I was a 2x or 3x and she said 1x for the top! That means I'm not so far away from regular sizes instead of plus sizes in the not too distant future
  • fit2014yay
    fit2014yay Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My neighbor said "You've lost a lot of weight! You look like a schoolgirl!" :happy:
  • CatrinEluned
    CatrinEluned Posts: 114
    Options
    I tried on a pair of UK size 20 jeans and they ALMOST fit me!! Managed to do them up and get them almost all the way up, another 10-20lbs and they should fit! :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Great week! Gave away 5 bags of size 12 and 14 clothes. Now wearing 8's and 10's after being a 20 two years ago. Hit new personal records on four lifts: Back squat 225 pounds, Dead lift 265 pounds, Front squat 175 pounds and clean 125 pounds. Came in 2nd in my age group in a 5k trail race.:drinker: Ecstatic!
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Had to shop for shorts and t-shirts tonight, and bought medium shirts instead of XLs. Also only bought one pair of shorts in a 12 (down from 16s) because the 10s I tried in actually buttoned...just too tight in the butt & thighs...thinking that by the time summer gets in to full swing in about a month, I'll be going back to buy those 10s:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!