Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Women 5'4 - 5"5 with results + Pictures

1606162636466»

Replies

• nexangelusnexangelus Member Posts: 1,959 Member Member Posts: 1,959 Member
    katyoverby wrote: »
    I am always curious about the number of calories people eat per day. Many people who post say they logged food and that really helped with weight loss but noone says about how many calories per day worked for them. I realize it is different for everyone- I'm just curious. Thank you for any insight you can provide!

Calorie intake depends on activity levels and NEAT (non exercise activity thermogenesis)....so the more active you are and especially if you do heavy weight lifting or resistance training, then potentially the more calories you can eat per day....here is my story in numbers...my goal weight is 140 lbs. I started out at 195.4 lbs in 2012. I am five foot five. I am 46 years old. I am a strongwoman athlete and do mainly heavy compound lifts (barbell), mixed with bodybuilding accessories and conditioning circuit finishers. I train three/four times per week in the gym. Sessions are 60 mins long. I cycle 15 miles a day on an electric bicycle (not on full power, set between quarter and half) to and from work. I cycle 10 miles when I commute to and from the gym. At the moment I eat 2002 calories per day, I weigh in at 155.4 lbs. I started off on 1945 calories per day when I was 173 lbs last year in June. Lowest calories per day was 1700. And I was miserable and feeling hungry.

It is variable and different for everyone. We all have different diets, exercise programmes and macro splits. And I am assuming our personal metabolisms play a part?
  • nexangelusnexangelus Member Posts: 1,959 Member Member Posts: 1,959 Member
    Forgot to add that lean mass (muscle mass) makes a difference too....if I feel brave I might dig some pics out to post at some point.
  • selawson729selawson729 Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
    I eat 1200 to 1400
  • charmmethcharmmeth Member Posts: 533 Member Member Posts: 533 Member
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Forgot to add that lean mass (muscle mass) makes a difference too....if I feel brave I might dig some pics out to post at some point.

Would love to see these!
  • jungkooksdonut17jungkooksdonut17 Member Posts: 151 Member Member Posts: 151 Member
    I'm about 5'4" and before I started MFP I was around 126lbs, and now I'm like 119, and that was about 40 days ago. Sorry I don't have any pictures..
  • cristiwinkscristiwinks Member Posts: 19 Member Member Posts: 19 Member
    Feeling inspired...thank you to everyone who posted their pics! Looking forward to posting mine someday :)
  • jeannemarie333jeannemarie333 Member Posts: 204 Member Member Posts: 204 Member
    Great job :) thanks for sharing!
  • kristingjertsenkristingjertsen Member Posts: 211 Member Member Posts: 211 Member
    Thank you. I am at 150 now and trying to take off the last few pounds. Looks like 145 is a good idea. I may try to take off a few more pounds, give or take, but now I have a goal in mind.
  • mcbeef29mcbeef29 Member, Premium Posts: 69 Member Member, Premium Posts: 69 Member
    Wow! Great job, you look great! Congrats!
  • mcbeef29mcbeef29 Member, Premium Posts: 69 Member Member, Premium Posts: 69 Member
    alisampm wrote: »
    Still in process, but 52 pounds down -

lebbcguasfm4.jpg

Congrats! Great job, you look great!
    mjborley wrote: »
    I'm 5ft 5 and lost 80+lbs. I've maintained my weight now for the past 9 months (I fluctuate about 4-5lbs over those 9 months but have found it fairly easy to keep on track). Although I'm only just at a healthy BMI I don't intend to lose anymore weight namely as it just doesn't look great on me being slimmer than I am (I'm quite broad). If this helps anyone with motivation than I'm more than happy to share. I know these kind of before and after pics helped me when I started - Mel
    0mhtyy9puoga.jpg

Great job!