• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Dont` know what happened when I added a smiley
    jane
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Meg-I keep checking to see if you have posted your daughters news. I know you are at work now, and can't post, so I am filling in the blank with possible scenarios:

1. She is preggars.:sad:
    2. She has joined the circus.:flowerforyou:
    3. She registered to vote as a Republican (or democrat, or whatever would make you least happy).:brokenheart:
    4. She put a dent in your car on the passenger side where you have not seen it yet.:noway:
    4. She bought a pet lion. (In case the circus thing didn't work out).:huh:
    5. She enlisted in the military. :explode:
    6. She married a punk rocker. :smooched:
    7. She joined a cult that believes in sacrificing virgins and she wants to volunteer. :ohwell:
    8. She lost your precious string of your grandmothers pearls. :bigsmile:
    9. She quit her job to pursue an acting career. :tongue:
    10. She got caught shoplifting Preparation H. :grumble:

Can't wait to hear which one it is.

Sylvia
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    <coffee splash on screen> ^^^^
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    Well, back from Chiro and what a difference! She did acupuncture and ordered X-rays. I always heard that acupuncture worked but did not expect it to work that fast. Feel so much better. Going to keep going there!

Back to work and must catch up on school work.

Laters!

Rita from Windy CT
  • VixxyLiss
    VixxyLiss Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

Finally caught up with all the posts after realising that I didn't post anything for a while :ohwell:

I didn't lose anything this week, but I did manager to lose an inch off my waist and to me that's as good as a loss!

I saw my trainer today and had a slightly easier session due to my catching my foot on Friday and crashing down onto my knee on my own doorstep :cry: I had wondered for a while now how to get up off the ground when I fell over next time and when it came to the moment I did find that 2 neighbours within eyesight helped no end with that, I scrambled up in record time, but I've bruised my knee and its a bit swollen.

Why is it when a personal trainer says that we'll take it easier the pain is just as bad as a hard session, and my poor shoulders were screaming out for me to stop.

I need to log my food more than I have been otherwise extras start creeping in, there's no use being all saintly and telling my son that no I don't want anything from McD only to eat a large bag of crisps 2 hours later :blushing:

3 more days and then my husband and son are home for 4 days for the Easter break, I do get a bit lonely in the daytime and sometimes its hard to remember that I chose to be at home doing the housewife thing.

Take care all and have a good week

Mindy from Berkshire, UK
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Amanda I can't recall how you lost all your weight. Can you share how you lost 199 pounds? How long it took, your diet and exercise program? I think it would help a lot of us. You are quite an inspiration.

Computer seems to be fine today. I am wondering if it was a WOW problem???? It has happened before but I never could manage to log onto WOWWAY.net to see if they had a bulletin.

Charlie had his first follow up appointment with the neurologist today. He offered to add another medicine that would assist with the tremors so that he wouldn't have to increase the Senemet since that drug is the one that causes the weird movements as side effects. He hates to take medicine and he is up to 11 a day now so he opted to wait until the next appointment in 6 months. The doctor was OK with this since right now his symptoms are minimal.

Well this weekends wonderful weather is over. Kind of dreary and raining or rather misting today. But that's OK, it could be a lot worse. I can still see the flowers and green grass. Our zoyzia (spelling) grass still looks yellow but I know how think and lush it will be when it is green. When we decided to put the plugs on years ago we made sure our neighbors knew. One neighbor was really upset and he put up a concrete barrier between yards so ours wouldn't migrate into his yard. He only put it in the backyard. So now the right side of his yard has the zoyzia grass. Our neighbors to the right didn't care so now they are all still yellow on one side of the sidewalk that leads to the house and the other side is green. But I just love the feel of the grass.

Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Yeah Sylvia! :laugh:

Rita - hope your back clears up fast!

Well girls, I did all that pesky laptop admin and printing. Hooray! Took me about an hour and a half, but it's all done. :drinker:
    The bad news is the cost of insuring our holidays seems to have skyrocketed! DH is on meds for anxiety and because he has LOWERED the dose recently it puts the price UP! Go figure. I had a bout of mastitis last August and that counts against me. :sad: I bought the insurance for France as we are going soon, but the NYC one for the autumn is outrageous! The lady said that if we wait another month or so then DH'S would be cheaper as he wouldn't have just changed dosage. :noway: I am going to try another provider to see if we can get a cheaper quote.
    I also ordered more fondant icing for the christening cake and a cake board. Also disposable breathalysers for the car as you have to have them by law in France along with HiViz jackets etc.

DH is a great defender of the Vikings. He says they only fought if they had to and most of them were farmers. Brutal times though.

Love to all. Heather in very dry and warm Hampshire UK. We are having to water our seeds.:huh:
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Rita: so glad you have noticed such a great difference! :drinker:

Heather: what is a travel insurer doing with medical gegevens? Never heard of that. :noway:

Goodnight all!
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    well, 14,000 steps today, and hopefully I start on the loss side again, it has been so long.. I am going to suck down warm lemon water every morning to see if that helps with the bloating... I havent really had any issues with bloating since when I used to get my period.. they took my inards out so,dont know what is causing the problem...
    dont think I have a gluten allergy.. never have before:huh:
    I know I am waiting to see what Meg has to tell us too:wink:
    I have to say a full moon does crazy things, the nursing home was crazy this morning, everybody's alarms were going off and the aides didnt know which way to turn, luckly I was only there for a little bit
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies,

We picked our new barstools today for the bar area in the kitchen. It is very cold and windy here. The weather in Oklahoma changes so quickly. Thunderstorms and hail yesterday and snow today.:ohwell:

Sylvia, congratulations on your size 16's! Hope DH feels better soon.

Rita, so glad you feel better!

Mandy, he your knee is better soon. Rest, ice, elevate.

Hugs to all. Hope you sleep well.

Cindy in OK :heart:
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    Well I've been speed reading and my head is spinning. Glad so see some getting back on the right track and celebrating victories.

Thank you for the lovely suggestion Val (and the others for the kind thoughts). I am actually in the middle of making my son a "grandma photo book" so he will be able to look at his life with grandma when he misses her. Maybe I should work on my own:smile:

My poor mother is rolling in her grave over how her family is behaving in regards to her sister's passing. I have to say I never knew my family was so......well, trashy. Her fiance is at the point of telling them to plan their own service and unfriended everyone on FB. He's also not a very mature 60+ year old. They're all going to start fighting over legal rights, property, etc SO glad I'm a few thousand miles away from that mess but feel bad that this is how my aunt's memory is being "respected". :brokenheart:

Sylvia:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I rocked my T25 this morning. Ate well most of the day. Did have a 1/2 cupcake in celebration of my boy's "ultra, incredibly awesome day at school" (he's the boy who's usually in trouble due to boredom). He was a superstar all day and we had to stop at the bakery on the way home for a "celebration party cupcake". Regardless, I'm still under calories...but just could have gone without the sugar. Note to self: next time use the empty calories on alcohol:happy: :drinker:

xo- Gloria in Metro Detroit
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Did about 10 minutes of a "10 Minute Solution Pilates" DVD then held my plank for 2 min 20 sec (trying to increase from 2 min 15 sec). In a bit I'll go to the extremepump class. Tomorrow I'm planning to do a step DVD at home.

Sue in TN - yesterday was gorgeous here. I actually sat out on the deck and did some of my plastic canvas while getting some sun so that my legs don't look ghostly white. Unfortunately, it's supposed to rain later today. We're thinking we may start opening the pool Wednesday and do some more on Thurs since the weather forecast so far for those days seems to be sunny.

Kim - I was just reading about fondant. Wonder if that would work?

Kim - wonderful buy on those lunch meats. Don't ja just love when things are on sale that you have a coupon for?

The lady who likes to have Mexican Train Dominoes at her house is going for surgery and will only be home for 2 weeks. Not sure if she's going to have the Mexican Train or not. Even if she does, I don't think we'll go. For one thing, all the food will be Mexican and Vince doesn't like Mexican. Not that I'm real crazy about it, either. Also, that'll be just too much for her. I wouldn't mind having it here, but I offered once before when she had to go to a wedding and it really bothered her that I did. Why, I don't know. But it did.

Amanda - what is a demi-vegetarian?

This Easter I'm supposed to lector at the Sat. night mass. Usually, on Easter Jessica and Vince will go to church with me. But it's a bi-lingual mass, it starts later (much, plus that's when they bring the new members into the church, so I know the ceremony will go on forever. What I'm thinking I'll do is go, do my lectoring, then come home and we'll go to church on Sunday at a normal mass.

Alison - yea for getting to the gym. But I don't know if I can manage to get up at 3a.m.!!! lol I hand it to you.

Patty - whenever I'm exercising, I can usually finish off a 24oz bottle of water, sometimes more

DeeDee - can you do me a favor? Ask your SIL what the best granite cleaner is. A friend of mine said that her son worked for a granite company and he told her the best cleaner was Windex, so I've been using that so far. I know not to use vinegar. The Windex seems to do a pretty good job. Maybe he has other suggestions?

Margaret - room for 16 at the table? We can fit 12 comfortably at our table. I could probably get more in if we squished, but I'd rather be comfortable. I can't imagine a table that seats 16! Wonder what size tablecloth she needs? You know, now that I think of it, if I put all three leaves in the table, I could probably fit 16. Twelve is with only 2 of the leaves.

Just made a fruit salad to take to mahjongg tonight. It's the one gals birthday this Thursday and I told her that she's going to get something so she might as well tell me what she'd like. She wanted something low in calories. So I suggested a fruit salad. This one only has 174 per serving. I'm thinking that the next time I make it I won't put the raspberries in it and that'll take the calorie count down some

Gloria - so sorry to hear about your mom's sister and that whole situation. How horrible!

katla - To be honest, I don't know how MFP handled logging when I went to Europe. I didn't log my food but at the same time I didn't keep track of days logged in and I don't know that the days logged in was noted on the homepage. I do know that when I was keeping track of days logged in, and I knew that I couldn't log in one or two days, I'd prelog just one item and so that kept my days logged in number current.

Val - maybe you have some idea how I can get that Twix to adhere to the side of the cake

Tigress - great job on the loss and keeping your blood sugars down. That's the way to go!

Rita - so sorry you aren't feeling well. I'm sure the holistic MD will help. Glad you decided to go. Interestingly enough, I felt in my feet that they were swollen from water. Sure enough, I put the compression stocking on and it was much better. Not sure why, in looking at my sodium on MFP, it wasn't outrageous. Maybe it was that vegetarian burger than I had Saturday morning. Just wish that vegetarian things weren't so high in sodium.

Vicki - that is so neat that you could be dancing this year when you couldn't last year.

yanniejannie - sounds like you had an awesome time at the concert. So glad you got to go and thanks for sharing it with us.

Sylvia - what a great cure for those blues that you found! Great list for Meg. Wonder which it is?????

Mindy - you wonder why pt's hae a different sense of "taking it easy". That's because they get a kickback from the people who install railings etc that you need after working with them.....lol

Cynthia - I was wondering what travel insurance had to do with meds, too.

Mahjongg tonight.

Michele in NC
  • booherd
    booherd Posts: 8
    Options
    Want to keep up with this topic - you are my kind of ladies!
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well DH is on days this week, so dinners will be different, I have to think of him too. I switched my fish to lunch today, and had the chicken for dinner. It was a beautiful day, but it's raining now. I really need to get out into the garden this week.

Tigress in GA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - you are a hoot! I was laughing so loud - Levi stood up and looked at the computer like there was something he would see :smile: silly dog!
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - I loved your list for Meg, made me laugh so hard that DD gave me such a strange look

I had a nice chat with my trainer tonight at the gym. I've been a bit discouraged and she was going over my workouts. I know every step forward is a step in the right direction. I think it's that I'm still battling the depression and it doesn't help that the med that I'm on has a side affect of weight gain. Baby steps

Today started out with beautiful weather and then the wind & rain set in. The temp is supposed to drop overnight and snow for tomorrow...seriously the winter that won't end.

Sitting waiting to hear from Meg along with everyone else and hoping that it's nothing devastating

:heart: Sandy in ON.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Sylvia...could you imagine a list for my family too? Please?
  • SueTN2
    SueTN2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Our beautiful 80* weather has turned to rain, storms and temp dropping to 29* by Wednesday morning. .

I've really enjoyed reading all the post today and looking at all the progress bars.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Sue in TN.
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Now I REALLY am curious, Meg -- what a funny list of possibilities. We all have consequences from our choices, but I hope that whatever it is, is manageable.

I can't recall who was talking about it, maybe Linda Stanley, but I take melatonin at night, too.

Left work around 7p tonight and went to the Y to lift weights, but just couldn't get going. I wore some different shoes that have a rocker bottom, so maybe that was part of it. I lifted a little over 14,000 pounds, so about half the usual. Came home and walked 3 miles in 45 minutes.

DH just got home from work, so will go sit and watch the end of DWTS with him.

Sleep well,

Gail, metro ATL
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Been a busy weekend so didn't have much time to post and just finished reading all of the posts. It's getting late so I'll just make a couple of comments.

Barbie - My DH and I had the same song for our first dance when we married, "Can I have this dance for the rest of my life". :heart: We both like to dance and one Christmas he gave me note that showed he signed us up for dance lessons sponsored by the local college. We did Rumba, Swing and Waltz and Foxtrot. It was a lot of fun. We have tried 2-Step but haven't had a chance to practice that much lately. I used to line dance and 2-step for several years before we met. I did have the chance to do some line dancing last Wednesday night. There is a local group that offers free lessons on Wednesdays before their regular practice time.

We've had a few beautiful days so I took off from work on Thursday and we spent the day walking at a wildlife preserve. When we got home we planted a couple of butterfly bushes in large planters for the deck. These are supposed to have three different color blooms on each bush. Calling for heavy rain with thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow and freezing temps by tomorrow night with a slight chance of snow. We moved the planters into our sun room so they don't freeze.

Got a chance to take a nice walk with a friend tonight after work while DH went to a meeting so have a total of 12775 steps. :smile:

Time to wrap this up and head to bed. Was also hoping to hear from Meg tonight. :ohwell:

G'night ladies, :yawn:
    Tina from MD