TOO CHUBBY FOR MY TWENTIES (OCTOBER CHALLENGE!)!

Options

Replies

• miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    meag- you've come so far! celebrate how far you've come! put that scale away til weigh-in. if you make your goal, awesome! if not, don't fret, just use it as motivation next month! i've had to readjust my goals this month but i turned it into a positive thing. it actually made me work harder. november will kick butt! you can do it! :)

when is our official end of month weigh in? on halloween? on the 1st? or just on our normal weigh-in day? i can't wait to see everyone's progress!

i've been thinking of a few goals for next month already, but they'll depend on how my next weigh-in goes. i'm excited! good luck everyone!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    THANKS SO MUCH...I AM STAYING FOCUSED!!!! I THINK I WILL UP MY WORK OUTS FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH!!
    Just stay focused ladies!! Keep your goal in sight and don't let anyone get you distracted of what you want!! Make these last few days worth it. And even if you don't make it to your goal, you will be that much closer to next month's goal.

Happy Losing!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    MEAG-I AGREE WITH INSKYDIAMONDS...I THINK MAYBE TRY LOWERING YOUR SODIUM AND DRINKING MORE WATER...I KNOW OYU RUN ALOT SO YOU COULD BE JUST RETAINING A LOT OF WATER???? ALSO AN UNPROFESSIONAL OPINION THOUGH :) GOOD LUCK...DON'T GIVE UP!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    [/quote]

when is our official end of month weigh in? on halloween? on the 1st? or just on our normal weigh-in day? i can't wait to see everyone's progress!

[/quote]

GOOD QUESTION?? I WAS GONNA TAKE MY WEIGHT ON THE MORNING OF NOV 1ST! IS THIS WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS GONNA DO?
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options

[/quote]

GOOD QUESTION?? I WAS GONNA TAKE MY WEIGHT ON THE MORNING OF NOV 1ST! IS THIS WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS GONNA DO?
    [/quote]

I'm going to keep my weigh-in consistent, so mine will be November 2nd, since my standard weigh-ins are Tuesdays :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    diamonds-i would def keep your normal day...i just dont have one! so i think that we will all finish it up within a few days of each other...so its all good :)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I'll be weighing in at my normal Monday weighing time on Nov 1st. I will also start a new November thread on that day -- we can all post our final progress for Oct there (SW-CW, inches, exercise progress, etc) and then set our November goals, all once we have weighed in on our own time. Sound good ?
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    sounds good to me too!!!
    oh and when i wanna find this new thread what will it be called?? did we decide to stick with the same name???
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! And I will be weighing in on Tuesday also since thats my normal weigh-in day.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! i've been MIA for a while, but it's always so great to come back and read through the posts on this thread. i was feeling a bit bummed out this week, and just from being on here 10 minutes, i feel motivated to get going again. i can't wait for the Nov. challenge! i don't think i'm going to meet my goal to be at 165 at the end of the month, but i'm still happy that i got under 170. tomorrow night will be tough since we're having a halloween party at work, which means pizza and baked goodies. i'll have to be sure to really get a good workout in, and attempt to not go crazy later. my usual weigh-in day is monday so i'll be sticking to that. next month i'm taking a trip up to New England to see some college friends, so i'm using that now as motivation to get the pounds off.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Allie - Visiting college friends is great motivation! I visited some very close friends from Uni in Nov 2009 and then didn't see them again until April after having shed a good 30lbs... It was a great way to celebrate all my hard work. Everyone made mention of how healthy and fit I was looking, and I felt proud to "show myself off" in a way that I hadn't done before. As much as this journey should be for you and you alone, having other's notice and commend all your hard work is definitely a sweet reward :happy: It's nice to have you back and I am glad that you are motivated! Hope you fared well at the work party tonight. Even if you slipped up a bit, you can always make up for it on the weekend by sticking to your cals and working hard. It's only one day, right? November is going to be great!! :drinker:

Tara - I think a few pages back we all decided on "Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties!!" so that is what I am going with. I will post a link to the new thread (once it's opened on Monday) at the end of this one.

As for me -- Had a great day food-wise yesterday. Got all my water, kept sodium down, and net-ed 1400 or so calories. I can definitely feel all my lunges and squats today - my legs are tight and I definitely need to do some stretching before tomorrow's big race. 10k tomorrow -- SO ANXIOUS!! Everyone needs to be sending me very speedy vibes around 1pm EST hahah I'll need them all. More of the same today - watching what I eat, lots of water, resting and stretching and doing my push-up challenge! I am determined to have a great week, even though it started off on the wrong foot.

Great work everyone! Keep us posted :wink:
    -Meag:heart:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, So I weighed in today as it is my official weigh in. I am not sure what my clocked weight was last week when I checked but I am sure it was at least 2lbs higher. I am back down to where I was so that is a good thing. I may not be under 170, but at least I am getting it under control. The food changes have been tough and I injured myself a little after the run yesterday, If I would have been able to workout during this new diet I am sure I would have lost more. O well there is always next month! At least I hit all my NSG's! So I am still a winner! Good luck to everyone Weighing in this week and Monday! And have a happy Halloween!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great!!

Alykat - great job with the new diet! I know that eating brocoli for breakfast couldn't have been easy but it seems to have paid off.

Meag - you will do great on your run tomorrow. I will definitely be sending you plenty of fast vibes!! :flowerforyou:

As for me...The last couple of days have been rough for me emotionally. I am trying my best to not resort to my old ways and indulge in every piece of junk food in sight. I have done fairly well and only ate 2 chocolate chip cookies last night and only consumed one beer with the boyfriend last night. Despite a horrible morning, I seem to be back on track today. I refuse to let my hard work go to waste because of situations out of my control.

I know there are a lot of Halloween festivites taking place this weekend. I hope everyone thinks carefully before indulging in something that will only take them 2 steps backward.

Happy Losing!! :bigsmile:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    k guys, i set a goal of 10lbs for October which whould have been totally doable...i am on 8 and highly doubt that i will hit my goal in the next 3 days!! i have been staying under my calories every day(and not too far under), drinking my water, keeping my sodium low, and adding in more and more workouts! did i set my goal to high?!?!?! any other ideas for me?? kinda bummed for now...
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    hey tjradd...if not now, it'll come down all together next month....sometime you put in all the effort but the weight goes down when you least expect it too...so don't worry too much..

i finally went to the gym today after a gap of 4 days...i'd be surprised if i meet my goal, yet i'm gonna try my best this weekend but not overdo it...good luck everyone!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    thanks spellbinder :) i know that i am doing it right and someone once told me "patience is a virtue!" good luck to you too!! who knows...maybe we will both get to our goals by the first!! :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Hey Tara:

I would mostly suggest toning your goals back a little. 10 lbs in 1 month is a LOT. I mean, 2 lbs a week is the highest setting (igoring that 1 per week is recommended) and theres only 4, 4.5 weeks in a month. So ABSOLUTE max you are looking at 8-9 lbs in a month. So maybe start a little smaller to begin with- you have done so well this month! It's not fair that you should feel like you haven't met the goals you wanted!

Also - always being UNDER your calories isn't always good. I work in some days every week to be over a little bit on healthy food. Change it up a little- keep your metabolism guessing.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Thanks Meag, yeah it's def gonna be great to see people and i'm not gonna lie, the compliments are awesome! So today i was dealing with boy issues, which made me not want to exercise, and screwed up my sleeping pattern.. i hope i make it thru work tonight, ugh! on the plus side... this morning's daily weigh-check said 165.0!! i was like what?? holy crap that's awesome! lol. monday is my official day so i'm not tracking it. today we had chinese, so while i was too under my calories, my sodium was thru the roof. i'll be making extra effort to get in water over the next couple days. can't wait for Nov!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    thanks Meggon :) i normally would shoot for 2lbs per week...i guess i shot a lil higher just cuz i tend to usually lose more the first month of a diet. i will take what i get though, and am proud of 8lbs for the month(if thats what i end up at). and i also usually give myself a cheat day every week, but thought i would see how long i could actually stick to the "plan"! we shall see how it treats me on Monday :) thanks for the continued support girl!! :) we are all doing great!