• poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    NO
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    "With enough butter, anything is good." - Julia Child

Love butter. And if I am going to make pie, I make Joy of Cooking's Deluxe Butter Crust which is freaking delicious (2 sticks of butter baby). I don't use 100 calories of it on toast though, more like 50.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    You're all going to burn in butter hell, with the butter devil poking you with buttery pitch forks.

Buttery buttery buttery buttery hell. With a side serving of the garlic butter that they give you to dip dough balls in at Pizza Express.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    NO

you remind me of someone
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    steak cooked in butter is divine.. mmmmmm Fish baked with a pat of butter a squeeze of lemon and some onions is divine.. mmm now I want butter, peanut butter AND Chocolate.. I have to stop reading posts like this. LOL
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    NO

:angry:

:ducks:
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    totally devoid of nutritional value and does nothing to help me feel full.

dafuq?
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    No, sir. I don't like it.

6264496903_e33cdb57e7.jpg
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    http://jezebel.com/butter-was-back-but-now-maybe-not-1555374545

I avoid butter because I have hereditary high cholesterol, and my doctor said "NO MORE BUTTER!!". Now I only use olive oil for cooking. (I'm sure there's butter in the stuff I eat, but I don't have buttered bread or whatnot anymore.)

What are your opinions?

Your Dr is an idiot and should know that high cholesterol, especially the hereditary version. Eating things with cholesterol or saturated fat doesn't increase your cholesterol levels, in MOST cases it will actually decrease cholesterol levels.

My advice is to seek a second opinion.

Here is some reading about fat and cholesterol from well respected Dr's.

http://coconutoil.com/mary_enig/

http://www.ravnskov.nu/cholesterol.htm
    1386471043559.jpg

And i second this. I don't quite understand this but whenever someone uses the word "paleo" in any context outside thier degree (hello, Paleobotany hotties!), my eyes glaze over.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    devoid of nutritonal value??? Who says?

Fitday.com says differently: http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/the-nutrition-of-butter.html

"Commercial butter is composed of 80 to 82% fat, 16 to 17% water and 1 to 2% curd or other solids. Some butter contains salt, which makes up 1 to 2% of the butter.

Butter contains protein, calcium and phosphorus. The main vitamins in butter include vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E and vitamin K. Additional nutrients in butter include fatty acids, lactones, methyl ketones and dimethl and diacetyl sulfide.

While butter is high in fat, this fat features heart-healthy fats, which have shown to lower cholesterol, prevent certain cancers and prevent the spread or growth of tumors. Butter is one of the easiest forms of vitamin A to absorb. Vitamin A promotes good vision, a healthy thyroid and adrenal health.

Butter contains antioxidants, specifically selenium, which helps protect the body from free radical damage. Additionally, butter contains iodine, which has shown to support the thyroid gland."

Or how bout this link? http://www.westonaprice.org/food-features/why-butter-is-better

Do a quick google search and you'll see butter is NOT devoid of nutrition and is actually better for you than it's substitute.

Butter is just completely unnecessary. Whatever minerals are in butter can be found in a healthy balanced diet with no need for a calorie laden spread.

34y6yp1.jpg
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

dafuq?

Putting butter on pasta or bread doesn't do anything to sate my hunger, so why waste calories on it?
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

dafuq?

Putting butter on pasta or bread doesn't do anything to sate my hunger, so why waste calories on it?

Oh. that makes sense. But it does have some nutritional value... like protein and fats and stuff.
  • Kitship
    Options

dafuq?

Fine, it doesn't do anything to satiate you; that doesn't mean it's devoid of nutritional value.
  • TheGymGypsy
    Options

dafuq?

Oh. that makes sense. But it does have some nutritional value... like protein and fats and stuff.

*shrug* It's easy to get plenty of that without butter. I haven't eaten it in months.
  • TheGymGypsy
    Options

dafuq?

Fine, it doesn't do anything to satiate you; that doesn't mean it's devoid of nutritional value.

Please don't try to toute butter like it's some sort of health food....
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Butter is just completely unnecessary. Whatever minerals are in butter can be found in a healthy balanced diet with no need for a calorie laden spread.

But, but, I NEED those calories. So I'm not on here whining about how I can't figure out how to eat all 12 calories. And, my brain works better when it has a little fat in its diet, and my bones are better because the fat helps calcium to be absorbed, and other stuff like that.

So, you can not eat butter if you want, but for me it is pretty necessary.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

dafuq?

*shrug* It's easy to get plenty of that without butter. I haven't eaten it in months.

I haven't eaten butter in....19 years.
  • Kitship
    Options

dafuq?

Please don't try to toute butter like it's some sort of health food....

Please don't spread misinformation by saying that butter does not contain any nutrients...