question for guys- more so for guys who are FIT.

Options

Replies

• The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    So I just looked at your profile and I have a question. You were once not much less than the woman whose body your BF hated. And great job losing that weight, BUT ... Statistically, you are likely to regain the weight you lost. Hopefully, you won't. However, sometimes regain happens for reasons out of our control.

So what happens between you and the love of your life if you regain your weight?

I am sure she understands that she will be physically less desireable if that happens. That is pretty much simple reality. Sometimes in society we want to deny what is obvious because it is unpleasant.

Take the pictures of me below - am I suppose to be in denial that if I go back to being the person on the left, that I won't be as desireable to my wife? Of course I wouldn't be.

thennowface_zps67d49d0d.jpg
    I'm sorry that's the case for you. And I mean that sincerely.

I am sorry you are naive enough to completely deny the existence of physical attraction. And I mean that sincerely.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You don't mind the flab while making love?
    Would you date a fat girl? yes
    What is your weight limit. Does she have to be as fit as you? no limit and no

face is 100% always more important than body for me
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    Options
    My wife has lost weight at the same time as me, 50 pounds. I will go ahead and be a horrible person and admit that I find her more physically desireable now.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    [/quote]

Fit guys usually like fit girl- active girls like themselves - correct me if I'm wrong
    Average guys like average girls
    Fat guys will take anything they can get
    [/quote]

You have just won the award for the dumbest reply ever.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

if I am sleeping with them I can guarantee I am into them & their body no matter what size it is
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    But you are fat yourself
    Girls, if you like girls you can answer also.

Would you date a fat girl?
    What is your weight limit. Does she have to be as fit as you?
    What if she's pretty in the face? Is body more important - I'd think so.

1) No way.
    2) No specific weight limit. That would really just depend on height and where she holds her extra weight (a few strategically placed extra lbs are a plus for me)
    3) I wouldn't date a girl unless I liked the way her face and her body looked. If I'm going to be sleeping with this person I would like to enjoy it!

So because I'm fat I can't have an opinion? I do also have a lean body mass of over 250lbs and an elite powerlifting total; besides my belly I am very thick and muscular. There are A LOT of women like a really big, strong man so I've always been rather successful with women. I'm married now and my wife is little and fit with a little curve to her, just how I like it. We have a great relationship and 4 kids because we like each other and find each other attractive. If she was fat I wouldn't be attracted to her, we'd be unhappy and our relationship would suck. See how that works?

Edit: You don't even have a picture on your profile. God knows what kind of monstrocity you are.
  • Lofteren
    Options
    My wife has lost weight at the same time as me, 50 pounds. I will go ahead and be a horrible person and admit that I find her more physically desireable now.

You superficial, chauvinist jerk!!!
  • Hondo_Man
    Hondo_Man Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Since I eat very healthy and am extremely active, it would be odd to have an over-weight girlfriend. It has nothing to do with being mentally or emotionally strong, as one person stated.

What would we have in common? I'm in the gym or in the mountains or on by bike, or walking in forests. I don't own or watch telly and perhaps once a year see a film.

And I doubt my eating style would fit hers.

So, I just think it's a bad fit.

My girlfriend is quite fit and much shorter than I (me: 188cm her 160cm), although she smokes and over that there is much aggro! But we are outdoors doing all kinds of sports and in the gym and we eat nearly the same - her portions are much, much smaller than mine. :laugh:
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    Options

LOL at least I am honest though right. That has to count for something.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    ^_^ so sweet.

if I am sleeping with them I can guarantee I am into them & their body no matter what size it is
  • Lofteren
    Options

LOL at least I am honest though right. That has to count for something.

Haha, I know you're right. I'm just bustin' your balls a little.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I think she confused herself. All I'm trying to say is, how do I get the least amount of attention as possible? I would say I get hit on at least 30 times a day and that is not an exaggeration.

I think I'd have to hang out naked in front of Walmart to get hit on 30 times a day, lol. Where are you meeting all these guys?

Oh I've seen you get hit on 30 times in one internet thread, who you kidding? :flowerforyou:

Anything can happen on the internet. I never get approached in real life.

Truth

Can totally tell you on the internet I think you're super hot. Guy at the gym I think is smokin'? Cannot get the guts to go anywhere near him. I don't even take my headphones off and smile at him! Things were easier in high school when I could get my friend to go tell the guy that I thought he was hot. Sigh.

:love: :flowerforyou:

Yep. Same thing here. I would totally fall for the note by the weights. yes, do that at your gym. I'm sure your hunky gym crushes there will love it. /sigh

I could never. Fear of rejection is way too high. I need a wingman!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options

Fit guys usually like fit girl- active girls like themselves - correct me if I'm wrong
    Average guys like average girls
    Fat guys will take anything they can get
    [/quote]

You have just won the award for the dumbest reply ever.
    [/quote]

Yes you win dumbest reply EVER
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    Options
    In, just to find this thread later when I have the time to try figuring out what the frick is going on in this one.

Insecurities, generalities, stereotyping, assumptions, judging, trolling...the usual really.

You forgot righteous indignation and sanctimony too.
  • jjslag
    jjslag Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think for me it is more about dating someone who has similar interests, and that includes fitness and diet.
    Also, studies show that we are generally most interested in people with similar characteristics (size, health, etc.)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    ^_^ so sweet.

haha im really not trying to be..... I just like who I like no matter what their body type is or how it changes ..if someone is beautiful they are beautiful & probably really turn me on no matter body type you know?
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Depends on many things. How fat? I've dated a girl who was overweight for well over a year. 250lbs? No, I wouldn't. More so because that would preclude a lot of activities (skiing, rigorous hiking, wakeboarding, etc).

First, 250 pounds on a -foot tall woman is not the same as 250 pounds on a 5-foot tall woman (same for 180) so how do you put a number on that?

Second, my neighbor is probably closer to 5 feet tall, I'd say she weighs about 300 pounds and she runs marathons.

Oh you and your stories.
    I'm sorry that I busted your PC excuse. You could just be honest and say you don't find an overweight woman physically attractive. It really is OK to admit to that.

5 feet tall, 300lbs and she runs marathons? That is a blatant lie.

I believe it. Tons of free bagels at the finish line. Motivation my friend!!!!
  • brattygurl89
    brattygurl89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Obviously there's a mix of answers because everyone is different, and there is no single answer. Some guys/gals like bigger chicks, some like thinner chicks, and some don't care either way. My opinion? If they aren't into you because of weight, they aren't worth the time anyways.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options

I really suggest you put a profile picture in here.... there is a lot of people on here who will be interested to know you regardless of what you look like but putting a face to a person really helps c",) to answer your question it really depends to the person, I want to believe that everyone in this world have their "match" it is really up to you to work on to find that "match" of yours... goodluck!
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

1) No way.
    2) No specific weight limit. That would really just depend on height and where she holds her extra weight (a few strategically placed extra lbs are a plus for me)
    3) I wouldn't date a girl unless I liked the way her face and her body looked. If I'm going to be sleeping with this person I would like to enjoy it!
    But you are fat yourself

Funny how you call him fat when you don't even have a profile pic.

ETA: Nvm not worth a strike.