question for guys- more so for guys who are FIT.

Options
15678911»

Replies

• angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I know I ain't **** myself, trust me I know my flaws.. i don't need to be told.
    He answered as if he is fit...."would you date a fat girl?"- "no way" .
    Kay reeelax.
    Girls, if you like girls you can answer also.

Would you date a fat girl?
    What is your weight limit. Does she have to be as fit as you?
    What if she's pretty in the face? Is body more important - I'd think so.
    1) No way.
    2) No specific weight limit. That would really just depend on height and where she holds her extra weight (a few strategically placed extra lbs are a plus for me)
    3) I wouldn't date a girl unless I liked the way her face and her body looked. If I'm going to be sleeping with this person I would like to enjoy it!
    But you are fat yourself

Funny how you call him fat when you don't even have a profile pic.

ETA: Nvm not worth a strike.
  • Alissa_Sal
    Alissa_Sal Posts: 141
    Options
    This thread is amazing. I would have started reading these message boards long ago if I had known what a treasure trove they are.

ETA: Just remembered that I actually did used to read them, many years ago. But glad to be back in the swing of things!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I know I ain't **** myself, trust me I know my flaws.. i don't need to be told.
    He answered as if he is fit...."would you date a fat girl?"- "no way" .
    Kay reeelax.

1) No way.
    2) No specific weight limit. That would really just depend on height and where she holds her extra weight (a few strategically placed extra lbs are a plus for me)
    3) I wouldn't date a girl unless I liked the way her face and her body looked. If I'm going to be sleeping with this person I would like to enjoy it!
    But you are fat yourself

Funny how you call him fat when you don't even have a profile pic.

ETA: Nvm not worth a strike.
    If visible abdominals are your measure of fitness, perhaps he's not.

If being stronger than about 90% of the human population of Earth is your measure of fitness, he most definitely is.

And since when did a belly cancel out the ability to form an opinion?
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    So I just looked at your profile and I have a question. You were once not much less than the woman whose body your BF hated. And great job losing that weight, BUT ... Statistically, you are likely to regain the weight you lost. Hopefully, you won't. However, sometimes regain happens for reasons out of our control.

So what happens between you and the love of your life if you regain your weight?

I am sure she understands that she will be physically less desireable if that happens. That is pretty much simple reality. Sometimes in society we want to deny what is obvious because it is unpleasant.

Take the pictures of me below - am I suppose to be in denial that if I go back to being the person on the left, that I won't be as desireable to my wife? Of course I wouldn't be.

thennowface_zps67d49d0d.jpg
    I'm sorry that's the case for you. And I mean that sincerely.

I am sorry you are naive enough to completely deny the existence of physical attraction. And I mean that sincerely.

It surprises me how superficial some people can be about the person they are supposed to love. My husband and I have been together for almost 24 years, married 22 of them. He tells me that when he looks at me, he still sees the 23 year old young (thin) woman he fell in love with. When I look at him, I see the 30 year old man I fell in love with. He is approximately 60 lbs heavier than he was when we married and I am approximately 40 lbs heavier than I was when we married. We both still find each other very physically attractive and have fun time 2-3 times a week, even after all those years. Because we love each other. I am much more active than him and run 3 times a week. On the days I don't run, we walk the dogs together to spend time time with each other and get some exercise. On the weekend, we do lots of outdoor activities. He's a bit more limited on his exercise because he has muscular dystrophy, but he still does as much as he can. And I'm okay with that because I love him for him.
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    So I just looked at your profile and I have a question. You were once not much less than the woman whose body your BF hated. And great job losing that weight, BUT ... Statistically, you are likely to regain the weight you lost. Hopefully, you won't. However, sometimes regain happens for reasons out of our control.

So what happens between you and the love of your life if you regain your weight?

I am sure she understands that she will be physically less desireable if that happens. That is pretty much simple reality. Sometimes in society we want to deny what is obvious because it is unpleasant.

Take the pictures of me below - am I suppose to be in denial that if I go back to being the person on the left, that I won't be as desireable to my wife? Of course I wouldn't be.

thennowface_zps67d49d0d.jpg
    I'm sorry that's the case for you. And I mean that sincerely.

I am sorry you are naive enough to completely deny the existence of physical attraction. And I mean that sincerely.

It surprises me how superficial some people can be about the person they are supposed to love. My husband and I have been together for almost 24 years, married 22 of them. He tells me that when he looks at me, he still sees the 23 year old young (thin) woman he fell in love with. When I look at him, I see the 30 year old man I fell in love with. He is approximately 60 lbs heavier than he was when we married and I am approximately 40 lbs heavier than I was when we married. We both still find each other very physically attractive and have fun time 2-3 times a week, even after all those years. Because we love each other. I am much more active than him and run 3 times a week. On the days I don't run, we walk the dogs together to spend time time with each other and get some exercise. On the weekend, we do lots of outdoor activities. He's a bit more limited on his exercise because he has muscular dystrophy, but he still does as much as he can. And I'm okay with that because I love him for him.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's condition, I am sure that is tough. Congratulations on your strong love for one another.

I've also been married over 20 years, my wife and I celebrated our 21st anniversary just yesterday.

If my wife found me just as physically attractive 91 pounds ago as she finds me now, well, that's fantastic.

I respect your right to judge me, but I'm not going to apologize for appreciating the work my wife has put into getting herself in shape.
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    And besides that, this thread isn't really about people who have been married to each other 20+ years.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    i think she meant PHAT guys :)
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am just going to go ahead and be a d*ck here and tell the truth.

With few exceptions, the guys who say "I like them big" are telling themselves that because they don't have the confidence or the ability to get a fit lady.

Once they do....they really aren't into the big ladies anymore.

There are exceptions of course, but there is a reason you usually see fit guys with fit girls...although the reverse is not always true. Girls aren't as superficial as guys usually.

Living proof my bf spent twenty years married to a 250 plus lb woman he said he hated it but he loved her. I am very tiny compared to her and he says it is the total opposite he loves it and will never again be with a bigger girl!

Send your boyfriend my way and I'll bring him back to the plus-size team. :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options

With few exceptions, the guys who say "I like them big" are telling themselves that because they don't have the confidence or the ability to get a fit lady.

There are exceptions of course, but there is a reason you usually see fit guys with fit girls...although the reverse is not always true. Girls aren't as superficial as guys usually.

Living proof my bf spent twenty years married to a 250 plus lb woman he said he hated it but he loved her. I am very tiny compared to her and he says it is the total opposite he loves it and will never again be with a bigger girl!

Send your boyfriend my way and I'll bring him back to the plus-size team. :flowerforyou: :wink:

1Ed7d11.jpg
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options

You wouldn't happen to be an archaeologist, would you?

1390038778931.jpg
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Okay, genuine answer:

The odds of an overweight woman that doesn't have an objectively attractive face being in a relationship with a fit guy are roughly equal to the odds of a short man that isn't particularly well-built being in a relationship with a gorgeous woman. It can happen, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Probably easier for the woman to be FWBs, though, if that's what your looking for.
    But who was paleontologist? Worst misc meme ever.
  • ComradeTovarich
    Options

Okay, genuine answer:

The odds of an overweight woman that doesn't have an objectively attractive face being in a relationship with a fit guy are roughly equal to the odds of a short man that isn't particularly well-built being in a relationship with a gorgeous woman. It can happen, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Probably easier for the woman to be FWBs, though, if that's what your looking for.
    But who was paleontologist? Worst misc meme ever.

You're right, I should've asked if she was a beaver instead. =(
  • bd0027
    Options

1390038778931.jpg

Why, do you know of any job openings?
  • ComradeTovarich
    Options

1390038778931.jpg

Why, do you know of any job openings?

Only if you like examining big bones.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Plenty of slender / thin men date and even marry overweight / obese women. I think the bigger issue is lifestyle. If a man is not just slender, but very fitness oriented, a woman who is overweight / obese MAY not relate or want any part of a fitness oriented lifestyle. This is likely to cause problems down the line, if not right off the bat, in a relationship. Two examples from my experience that support this theory:

1. My friend who I've known for nearly 10 years now, says he only dates women who weigh 130lbs or less - and from what I've seen, he sticks to this rule unflinchingly. He is very active and fit, and really seeks the same qualities in his mates.

2. I was walking across Hoover Dam with my husband one summer, and we had a nice time watching all the other people going along their own ways. Some were just strolling, some riding bikes, some fishing, some taking pictures. There was one couple we kept passing, though, and they made me think. The girl, who looked very slightly overweight, was trying to jog with her boyfriend - he was running a steady, somewhat fast pace, while she continuously lagged behind, groaning, wheezing, and complaining about it. She kept stopping to catch her breath while he just ran ahead, and even lapped her a couple of times.

My conclusions are obviously based on my own observations, so it's not like I can tell the future from one single moment in time for that couple. But, I did note the look of annoyance in the boyfriend's face, as well as his ignoring the girlfriend whenever she asked him to wait up. These things led me to believe they would probably not last very long together, unless of course the girlfriend changed, which is entirely possible.

Given the nature of human beings, however, I have my doubts that most couples with similar circumstances would make it together happily. People don't often change so drastically, and if they do, it's rarely permanent.
  • bd0027
    Options
    Only if you like examining big bones.

I rarely examine bones ever, big or small.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    Personally, I have always been fit. I like women who take care of themselves, they don't have to be toned, but fit.