Focus T25 - Summer Slim Down!

Options

Replies

• infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Started Gamma yesterday and OMG is Speed 3.0 HARDCORE! I definitely liked Rip'T Up today MUCH better! I'm running 2 miles, too, every day so far...we'll see how long that lasts haha.
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    T25 Alpha first timer here. Finished week 2 day 3 Speed 1.0

Workout is a killer. The burnout session is straight from hell. But did no modofications.

I wish to get stellar results like a lot of people here.
  • sjs227
    sjs227 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I just started t25 tonight. I have about 70 pounds to lose so hopefully it can give me a good start. I did the workout barefoot, don't know if that matters. I had to stop a couple times and grab something to drink. I've been doing some bike riding and Dance Fitness with jessica videos. But besides that, not a whole lot so I am out of shape to say the least but I finished day 1 and just gotta keep with it and get through it. Anybody else doing the workout and wanna keep each other pushing through it, feel free to add me!!!

I tried doing it barefoot and couldn't. I make sure to wear sneakers doing this.
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just started this week too, hoping to get some awesome results.. these videos are really kicking my butt!
  • JulieMarieLopez07
    Options
    I started this morning, had to get back on track though so I did both Cardio and Speed 1.0

I feel AMAZING today!
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever completed a T25 week on consecutive days as I've mixed it up with other workouts, but so far so good!Week 1/Day 3 Total Body = DONE
    Tomorrow is Week 1/Day 4 = Ab Intervals
  • sarahsc31
    sarahsc31 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi all,

I put this on a different thread, but only heard back from one person and then someone trying to sell me beachbody coaching....

Please let me know if you have any advice! So far, I have lost 5 pounds, and 28" over 11 sites on my body. Any help would be great!

Hi everyone,

I am a former Soldier and now stay-at-home mom/daycare provider. I am 5'3", 34 years old next week, and I spent most of my life at 115-120 pounds. Now, I am up to 161.5, and I am on Week 3, Day 4 of T25. It is really great, and I love it, but I am wondering if my inches lost/weight loss is normal.

So far, I have only lost 3 pounds, down from 164.5, but I lost more than 10 inches each of the previous weeks. Most of it is from my mid-section. I have measured my forearm, bicep, upper arm, bust, natural waist, waist over belly button and what I not so affectionately call my pouch/love handles (anyone who gave birth to kids knows what I am talking about!!!). I also measured my hips, inner thigh, thigh and calf. I know these are more sites than normal to measure, but I really care about these parts of my body. I love lost 5 inches off my pouch/handles, 4 inches off my waist (bb), 4 inches off my hips and 1.5" off my natural waist...I also lost 2.5" off my thigh, and then increments off the rest.

I started out with 37" on my waist (bb), 42" on pouch/handles, 43" hips and 24" thigh.

Is this normal? What can I expect from here on out? I use the Raw Meal replacement (it is awesome!), and I drink a ton of water. My diet is pretty healthy, but I am wondering why I haven't lost any more pounds. Also, my husband said most of my inches are from water weight. Is this right? 5 inches of water weight off my waist? How much water weight do we really carry over our whole body that we can lose before it becomes loss of fat inches?

Should I expect to see a pretty big drawdown of inches from here on out and more pounds lost? When will my metabolism kick in? I was pretty sedentary for about a year (except for running around after kids), and had really let myself go. I can definitely tell that my muscles are toning back up and my waist feels a lot firmer.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
    Edited by sarahsc31 On June 19, 2014 12:22 PM
  • sjs227
    sjs227 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    T25 Alpha first timer here. Finished week 2 day 3 Speed 1.0

Workout is a killer. The burnout session is straight from hell. But did no modofications.

At the end of Speed 2.0, I'm a goner.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I put this on a different thread, but only heard back from one person and then someone trying to sell me beachbody coaching....

Please let me know if you have any advice! So far, I have lost 5 pounds, and 28" over 11 sites on my body. Any help would be great!

Hi everyone,

I am a former Soldier and now stay-at-home mom/daycare provider. I am 5'3", 34 years old next week, and I spent most of my life at 115-120 pounds. Now, I am up to 161.5, and I am on Week 3, Day 4 of T25. It is really great, and I love it, but I am wondering if my inches lost/weight loss is normal.

So far, I have only lost 3 pounds, down from 164.5, but I lost more than 10 inches each of the previous weeks. Most of it is from my mid-section. I have measured my forearm, bicep, upper arm, bust, natural waist, waist over belly button and what I not so affectionately call my pouch/love handles (anyone who gave birth to kids knows what I am talking about!!!). I also measured my hips, inner thigh, thigh and calf. I know these are more sites than normal to measure, but I really care about these parts of my body. I love lost 5 inches off my pouch/handles, 4 inches off my waist (bb), 4 inches off my hips and 1.5" off my natural waist...I also lost 2.5" off my thigh, and then increments off the rest.

I started out with 37" on my waist (bb), 42" on pouch/handles, 43" hips and 24" thigh.

Is this normal? What can I expect from here on out? I use the Raw Meal replacement (it is awesome!), and I drink a ton of water. My diet is pretty healthy, but I am wondering why I haven't lost any more pounds. Also, my husband said most of my inches are from water weight. Is this right? 5 inches of water weight off my waist? How much water weight do we really carry over our whole body that we can lose before it becomes loss of fat inches?

Should I expect to see a pretty big drawdown of inches from here on out and more pounds lost? When will my metabolism kick in? I was pretty sedentary for about a year (except for running around after kids), and had really let myself go. I can definitely tell that my muscles are toning back up and my waist feels a lot firmer.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

From all the reviews I've read and from my own experiences (I've lost about 7lbs in a month and almost 2 weeks), T25 isn't a workout that is going to melt the pounds from your body. It's more important with the workout to lose the inches and tone up. I'd recommend pairing running or other forms of cardio with the workout if you want to significantly lose weight. It's also a matter of what you are eating and how many calories you put in your body and the deficit at the end of the day. I am a recent college grad, so I can't afford shakeology, but I know people have experience weight loss with that path. I have l lost a lot of inches as well and have noticed my stomach tightening up, you can see the picture of my stomach a page before.

Most people have said they lose the most weight in the Beta round of T25 which is what I am doing and I have lost half of the 7lbs in just the past week.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Hi all,

Hi everyone,

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

I agree with what BeautyFromWithin posted, in that this doesn't necessarily melt pounds, but it does help you tone. Alpha is more focused on cardio and lower body, while Beta brings in resistance training/weights, so you get an overall toning (and really focuses on your core, too). You do lose water weight at first, but you'd see those results on the scale more than you would with inches. Those inches are PURE LOSS! Be proud!

I'm a Beachbody coach, but I'm not going to sell you into anymore products or try to get you to coach. But I will offer the same advice I would to someone doing my own challenge.

First, make sure you take pictures so you can SEE your progress, too! Measurements are great, too, because that's where a lot of people see loss with this program. The weight will come off eventually, especially since building muscle helps your body burn fat easier.

Second, you said you're drinking a lot of water...but how much? I recommend drinking at least half your body weight in ounces per day, especially since you're doing extreme physical activity.

Finally, you say you eat pretty well, but are you eating ENOUGH? I always see better results when I am eating MORE but making sure it's balanced: lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, healthy fats, and whole grains. If you take in too little, your body goes into starvation mode and thinks it needs to hold onto the fat to survive.

Just keep at it, and you will see progress! Unfortunately there are no quick fixes...just hard work. But it seems you're on the right track! Hope this helps!!
  • sarahsc31
    Options
    That is a really great tip! I didn't think about not eating enough. Some days, I am just not hungry anymore, and will have the meal replacement for both breakfast and dinner with some cheese/nuts/fruit/veggie, etc., for snacks. Last night I just cup up two baked chicken tenders with a light ceasar dressing romaine salad...and I was full. It is kind of strange how my appetite is just gone. I am drinking probably 15-20 16 oz. glasses of water a day. I am constantly thirsty. I will eat more lean protein and whole wheat carbs to see if that will help.

I know this program is about building muscle to replace the fat...I was wondering if such a drastic loss is normal and what i could expect in the future. I also wasn't sure how much "water weight" there is in our body that we lose before we just start losing the fat. I tried looking it up on a couple of web sites, but it seems very up in the air. Is there a definitive answer?

I also do a bit of extra cardio on nature walks, Rockin' Body, etc., and I typically burn 240-450 calories depending on the workout according to my Polar FT4. I can't run or do steady-state cardio due to health problems incurred during military service, but I can really do the interval training. I loved it while I was in the Army, and I can keep up with Shaun for 90% of his moves.

I am very happy to have lost so many inches in just the mid-4th week of this program. It is pretty amazing and very gratifying. I can also, FINALLY!!!, start to see definition in my stomach. His 10-minute Rockin' Body abs workout is really great for anyone out there looking to supplement. My HRM got up to 166!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    That is a really great tip! I didn't think about not eating enough. Some days, I am just not hungry anymore, and will have the meal replacement for both breakfast and dinner with some cheese/nuts/fruit/veggie, etc., for snacks. Last night I just cup up two baked chicken tenders with a light ceasar dressing romaine salad...and I was full. It is kind of strange how my appetite is just gone. I am drinking probably 15-20 16 oz. glasses of water a day. I am constantly thirsty. I will eat more lean protein and whole wheat carbs to see if that will help.

I know this program is about building muscle to replace the fat...I was wondering if such a drastic loss is normal and what i could expect in the future. I also wasn't sure how much "water weight" there is in our body that we lose before we just start losing the fat. I tried looking it up on a couple of web sites, but it seems very up in the air. Is there a definitive answer?

I also do a bit of extra cardio on nature walks, Rockin' Body, etc., and I typically burn 240-450 calories depending on the workout according to my Polar FT4. I can't run or do steady-state cardio due to health problems incurred during military service, but I can really do the interval training. I loved it while I was in the Army, and I can keep up with Shaun for 90% of his moves.

I am very happy to have lost so many inches in just the mid-4th week of this program. It is pretty amazing and very gratifying. I can also, FINALLY!!!, start to see definition in my stomach. His 10-minute Rockin' Body abs workout is really great for anyone out there looking to supplement. My HRM got up to 166!

Wow that's a lot of water! But that's good! I wouldn't think you had excess water weight since you drink so much...and no, I don't think there really is a definitive answer for how much water weight we shed before losing the fat. I haven't found one, at least...

I have both Rockin' Body and Hip Hop Abs and I really hated Rockin' Body haha. Too much locking of the knees. I'd rather jump around in T25 than do that any day! I do run at least 3-4x a week to keep conditioned for my 12-week half marathon training that is coming up in August for my race in November.

Just keep going! Adjust what you can and try different things. Something will click with your body and you'll start seeing the changes you want to see!
  • JulieMarieLopez07
    Options
    Does total body circuit EVER get any easier? Lol
  • mrsrogers26
    mrsrogers26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hope so JulieMarie!! I Started week 1 of Alpha on Monday so did the first TBC last night, it was SO HARD! I have never been able to do a push up before so really struggled! So far I am mostly following Tanya with the modifications but still feel like I'm working out really hard. Even on some of the mods though I've found I'm possibly not coordinated enough to keep up so I just do something as similar as possible but just make sure I keep moving. :-) Even though I'm only 3 days in though, I'm really enjoying the program and looking forward to seeing some results in both my shape and fitness levels.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

It does but after doing all three phases I still think TBC is the hardest video in the entire T25 series except for maybe Speed 3.0
  • jimukjxb
    jimukjxb Posts: 4 Member
    Options

It does but after doing all three phases I still think TBC is the hardest video in the entire T25 series except for maybe Speed 3.0

Iv posted a separate topic this morning about TBC and how im struggling with it on week 4 of Alpha, but after reading your comment about it been the hardest video makes me feel more motivated and maybe il be ok for Beta. Cheers
  • sarahsc31
    Options
    I just did it for the second time this week (in alpha, 4th week), and you know it's hard when the next day's schedule is Abs and Speed 1.0...and you think to yourself "oh, that will be much easier"! LOL! Ah, three times next week!

Went to do the plank walk at the end of the program and found my hands in a puddle of sweat on the mini mat. Eww! Moved to the concrete floor (I work out in our garage so I don't mess up our floors), but I can actually feel my quads now even when they aren't flexed! :)
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever completed a T25 week on consecutive days as I've mixed it up with other workouts, but so far so good!Week 1/Day 3 Total Body = DONE
    Tomorrow is Week 1/Day 4 = Ab Intervals

W1/D4 Ab Intervals = DONE! I so did NOT want to get out of bed this morning, but thanks to this and another smaller T25 thread, I knew I had to stay accountable. Thanks fellow MFP'rs! I'm so glad I did.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Oh my that total body circuit was killer. I watched the sweat drip off as I did the planks for the 8 billionth time in that one. Ok gross image but totally true. My shoulders are weak but after this they certainly won't be for very long.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I'm curious to see how I'll feel after my double Friday tomorrow...I'm doing the Gamma Pure Strength Hybrid, which brings many of the cardio workouts from Alpha and Beta back in and pairs them with Gamma workouts. So tomorrow is TBC then Speed 3.0 which has pretty close to 100 burpees. I think I will die. If you don't hear from me after tomorrow, send someone to look for me on my living room floor...collapsed in a puddle of sweat... haha