Focus T25 - Summer Slim Down!

Options

Replies

• amybluehat
    amybluehat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just finished the Week 5, Day 1 workout, and I have to say that Total Body Circuit is getting a bit easier. Now, I know the moves, and I can push myself to finish each one (still struggle on the oblique push-ups and 180-degree jump, though!). I measure myself/weigh on Mondays instead of Saturdays, and I lost another 2 pounds and 8 inches, bringing my total to 5 pounds and 35.4 inches lost over 11 measuring sites on my body. I have lost 7 inches on my waist and another 7 inches on my hips alone!!!
    You even lose inches on spots that initially didn't seem that important...like forearms and calves...but I have lost 1.5 inches off my forearms (didn't think they were a problem area!) and .6 inches off my calves. It is true that the toughest place to lose is off the inner thighs, but I have slowly but surely lost 3 inches there as well.

Stay motivated, don't give up and you will see the benefits!

Ment to quote you!
  • matth71
    matth71 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi All

I'm 43 and have not been as active as I used to be, hence putting on some extra weight. After seeing T25 advertised on TV one morning I decided to give it a try, so I finally bit the bullet and decided it's time for it to go. I'm currently 87Kg aiming for something like 80Kg for a start, and to hopefully tone up etc.

Just finished the 1st week of alpha and realised I'm even more unfit than I thought lol, was quite a shock to the system, all the jumping made my legs and especially my calves ache quite alot the first 3 or 4 days but gradually it's wearing off. The tbc was very tough (just like everyone says haha) and I can't see myself getting through it without using Tonya ever.

I'm not going to get time next week to do much, so should I just treat this past week as a zero week and start fresh or continue from week 2 ??

Anyway GL guys

Matt
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Moved on to Beta this week.
    Week 1/Day 1 - Core Cardio = DONE! :smile:
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Keep it up everyone! Starting W3D1 of Gamma today!!
  • sarahsc31
    sarahsc31 Posts: 24
    Options
    Sarah those are amazing results.....

Hoping for some inner thigh loss as well......really just an inch would make me soooo happy!

Thanks so much!

I tried to double up on TBC and Cardio last Wednesday and then TBC and Lower Focus on Thursday before the big weekend...but that didn't work! I started getting pain in my right knee from an old bursitis injury sustained in basic training, and knew I had to hold off on the Lower Focus...got it done yesterday though, and am now on Day 1 of Beta! Holy smokes! I had seen reviews that said it wasn't that tough...and it really wasn't a huge stretch from Alpha...but the tempo is so much faster! My heart rate was up a LOT higher than during alpha...averaging 158 with high of 178, whereas it only really got into the 140s-160s in Alpha.

I only lost one pound in Week 5 (still ate off Cracker Barrel's under 400 menu while on the road, but couldn't say no to my mom's home cooking!), but I did lose another 5.5 inches. I did notice in the last week that a lot more came off my arms than where it had previously been disappearing from...my abs and hips. (Three TBCs in one week!) So far, I have lost 2 inches off my biceps and upper arms and 1.7 inches off my forearms. I lost another inch off my pouch/love handles and hips this week, but nothing off my natural waist and waist over belly button. Barely .5 inch off my inner thighs, thighs and calves, but overall I am really happy - total of 39.9 inches in 5 weeks!

I am just relieved I went into the garage this morning and pushed play after coming back from a big vacation and too much good food. I have to admit that it was also a mental hurdle going from the comfort zone of alpha to the new world of beta. So glad I pushed play!
  • sarahsc31
    Options
    As this is the end of Alpha cycle and the 5 weeks, I want to take a moment to look at the bigger picture. At the beginning, my waist was only 1 inch smaller than my bust. Now, it is 5 inches smaller. My hips used to be 5 inches bigger than my bust, but now it is only 1 inch bigger. My pouch/handles used to stick out 4 inches more than my bust, but now they are 1 inch SMALLER!
    I have lost 2 inches all the way up my arms and 3 inches off of my thighs with 1 inch off my calves. Proportionally, there used to be a 27.5 inch difference between my hips and calves, but now there is a 21.5 inch difference.
    Sure, I have only lost 6 pounds....but look at what I have gained!

Keep going and don't give up!
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I start tonight...made it 1/2 way through Insanity and had to stop due to massive knee issue. Crossing my fingers for this one! Haven't done a program (had previously completed TurboFire x2 and Combat) since last year and totally fell off the wagon over the winter months so hoping I can get back into the swing of routine!
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    staring 3rd week of Gamma today , I'm getting good results so far
  • infinikitty
    Options
    As this is the end of Alpha cycle and the 5 weeks, I want to take a moment to look at the bigger picture. At the beginning, my waist was only 1 inch smaller than my bust. Now, it is 5 inches smaller. My hips used to be 5 inches bigger than my bust, but now it is only 1 inch bigger. My pouch/handles used to stick out 4 inches more than my bust, but now they are 1 inch SMALLER!
    I have lost 2 inches all the way up my arms and 3 inches off of my thighs with 1 inch off my calves. Proportionally, there used to be a 27.5 inch difference between my hips and calves, but now there is a 21.5 inch difference.
    Sure, I have only lost 6 pounds....but look at what I have gained!

Keep going and don't give up!

Amazing results! This is why I say to everyone you can't just concentrate on the scale! Awesome!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    staring 3rd week of Gamma today , I'm getting good results so far

I started my third week of Gamma, today, too! Are you doing the regular or the strength hybrid? Hybrid for me...
  • Ellealie
    Ellealie Posts: 17
    Options
    did day 3 of week 1 alpha today. the total body circuit video with lots of plank exercises and push ups, which were too hard for me even when modified so i'm going to do some extra cardio today to make up for it. i wanted to try t25 as a precursor to insanity because insanity kills my calves if i really go for it, to the point where i'm hobbling around in pain for four or five days. so i think i need to drop a few pounds and gain more strength before i attempt insanity again.
  • sarahsc31
    Options
    You were so right, InfiniKitty! The loss of inches and overall strength is way more important than the number on the scale.

Just finished Speed 2.0. Wow. Just wow. That was great! Very similar moves to Alpha, but at a much higher intensity and tempo. Loved it!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    You were so right, InfiniKitty! The loss of inches and overall strength is way more important than the number on the scale.

Just finished Speed 2.0. Wow. Just wow. That was great! Very similar moves to Alpha, but at a much higher intensity and tempo. Loved it!

Speed 2.0 was and still is my favorite one. Speed 3.0 is okay, but there's roughly 80 burpees. Ouch.
  • dsri18
    dsri18 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am currently on week 4 of Alpha. Lost only about 4 pounds, but the weight keeps fluctuating every day. But, my clothes definitely fit me better and I feel energetic. I wish the scale did move though!! I personally had a goal to meet by the end of this programme, but aint looking like it is going to happen.

I try my best to eat within my calorie limits. And I am quite a big built person to not loose weight. I am currently 200 pounds and so, wondering why that scale isnt moving.
  • sarahsc31
    Options
    I think it is because the pound of fat is being replaced by the pound of muscle, hence the loss of inches. Try to think of every inch lost as a pound lost. That helps me when I don't see the scale move.
  • sarahsc31
    Options
    Finished Rip't Circuit today...the last part was tough because of the upper body portion, but I have to agree that it wasn't as all -consuming as Total Body Circuit. I was still feeling the effects of Speed 2.0 - killed my hip flexors/abductors/adductors - so I wasn't quite as into today's workout. Okay, to be perfectly honest, dragging out of bed at 5:30 a.m. to do this workout was hard!

Anyway, I used resistance bands...which I will not do next time. I think it would be a lot more enjoyable with the free weights instead. There is too much fumbling to get them in the right place in time to do the move in its entirety. Plus, they only showed the guy using the resistance bands halfway through the move! Too late!

I only burned about 222 calories. Does that sound about right for anyone who has done this workout? I could really feel it in my abs, hip flexors and arms.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Finished Rip't Circuit today...the last part was tough because of the upper body portion, but I have to agree that it wasn't as all -consuming as Total Body Circuit. I was still feeling the effects of Speed 2.0 - killed my hip flexors/abductors/adductors - so I wasn't quite as into today's workout. Okay, to be perfectly honest, dragging out of bed at 5:30 a.m. to do this workout was hard!

Anyway, I used resistance bands...which I will not do next time. I think it would be a lot more enjoyable with the free weights instead. There is too much fumbling to get them in the right place in time to do the move in its entirety. Plus, they only showed the guy using the resistance bands halfway through the move! Too late!

I only burned about 222 calories. Does that sound about right for anyone who has done this workout? I could really feel it in my abs, hip flexors and arms.

Since it uses weights, your heart rate doesn't get up there as much as a cardio does. I enter my workouts at 250 calories each, even though some days I burn more and some days less.
  • hdacmom
    hdacmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    going to start it Monday July 14th...I'm scared...LOL
  • ImNoAngel2
    ImNoAngel2 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I started T25 the end of April & I'm on wk 1 day 3 of the gamma phase out of all the phases so far gamma is my favorite. To those who are thinking of starting T25 it will be the best decision you'll ever make. I LOVE T25! So far I've lost 30 lbs & not sure on the inches as I'm going to wait till I finish gamma & take my measurements. Please feel free to friend request me I would love to have ppl on my FL who are doing T25. Stay focused everyone!
  • ImNoAngel2
    ImNoAngel2 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor & it gives me how many calories I burned. I started using it because I felt like I wasn't getting an accurate burn I calculated my burns based on how many calories I would burn at the gym doing cardio & I felt I was burning more. To my surprise I am burning more. You should look into getting one. Hope that helped a little.