Focus T25 - Summer Slim Down!

Options

Replies

• BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm only on week 4, day 4, but Total Body Circuit is definitely getting easier each time! I'm a little nervous about Beta and hope I can do it, but I'm excited for it at the same time! I reset my weight ticker on here when I started T25, so I am down 10 pounds. I am hoping to be down 30 when I'm done, but not sure I'll get that far.
  • Ceniccolapartyof4
    Ceniccolapartyof4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I highly, highly, highly recommend T25 in addition to counting calories!! I have been using it since May 9th and I have lost a combined 24 inches all over my body. I never thought I could ever get these results!! I also began drinking Shakeology (it's a meal replacement) on July 1st and I am loving the feeling I am getting of complete energy and no cravings whatsoever until it's time for my next meal!! I am also planning on starting PiYo right after I finish the 10 weeks of T25 next week. Let me know if you need any more advice, I am quite knowledgeable in Beachbody products!
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Im getting "annoyed" and a little discouraged because of this,i've lost weight,and i know im losting weight but i can't see differences in my belly,i know you cant spot reduce,but i've been like this since week 2 of alpha,and i was hoping to be more ripped in the abs by now. im pretty fit but i have this last "layer"of fat that cant seem to go down ,maybe im wanting too much at the same time..lets see how i look in the final week of alpha and if i need gamma :)
    You're not alone. I've finished the program except gamma. (Can't afford it yet) still can't lose the lower belly. I lost 20 lbs and toned even at the upper abs, but not the lower. Right now I'm doing extra sessions of dynamic core to better those results. Eating right too.
  • steveptoth
    steveptoth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started T25 on July 7 along with my wife and so far I love it! We had our first born May 1 and needless to say I packed on a lot of weight from sympathy eating along with her. I already feel the exercises becoming easier and doing them mostly without modifying except TBC. That one is tough, but I feel I am getting the most out of it in regards to strength in my upper body. I am also doing this in conjunction with Chris Powell's 12 week Bod-e challenge and meal plan. Neither of us are involved with Beachbody and have no intentions of becoming coaches so my reviews will be unbiased in that regard and I plan on updating weekly on here. I will not become a coach mainly because I became a part of Vemma through my brother a few years ago and I truly love their products.

Week 1 review

I was in the military for almost 5 years and lift weights here and there and just never stick with it. I thought 25 minutes was going to be a joke. Wow was I wrong! It was pretty tough, but I loved it. When Shaun T starts talking to you directly it makes me feel like he is actually watching and I need to pick it up. I was pretty sore in my legs, but it passed quickly. So far I love the workouts and the fact that it's 25 minutes we can both workout quickly and spend as much quality time with our son as possible. As of Saturday July 13 I was down 6lbs which is awesome. My starting weight was 238 and my goal is 200!

Feel free to add me or message me for any help or just a friend to help push you through the upcoming weeks.
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Finished Gamma today! Can't wait to measure and get my final stats tomorrow :-)
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Results are IN! Down a total of 36.5 pounds and 28.5 inches!
    I have posted pictures of both my overall results since I started and my results from T25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma on my website...feel free to check it out!

http://losingfatwithcat.com/results/
  • rosalindjschneider
    rosalindjschneider Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Help? Should one have mastered Alpha before moving on to Beta? I just finished week 2 of alpha and still modify quite a bit, mainly just for less impact on my ankles. Any insight on how this is meant to be done?
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Help? Should one have mastered Alpha before moving on to Beta? I just finished week 2 of alpha and still modify quite a bit, mainly just for less impact on my ankles. Any insight on how this is meant to be done?

Tonia is still there in Beta and Gamma...I certainly haven't "mastered" all of the movements...but don't move on until you're comfortable to do so!
  • sarahsc31
    sarahsc31 Posts: 24
    Options
    Way to go, InfiniKitty! That is very motivating.

I am on Week 8, Day 3, and there are still some moves that I have to modify. Most often, it is not because I am too tired, but because the moves are awkward to me. Like all of those twisting lunges progressing down to the floor during Core Cardio. I initially also had a hard time with the Up & Over move (got easier once I lost 8 inches off my hips and 3 inches off my thighs, LOL!) Some of the moves just need more balance - like the one leg kicks. I find myself teetering on those. So, to all of you out there who still need to modify - keep on going! You will figure it out as your body trims down and your balance improves.

I have noticed that Beta's workouts all start off pretty much the same - really obvious when it comes to double Fridays. They also target my abductors/adductors, love handles, lower abs and back/shoulders a lot more than Alpha did. Anyone else find that to be the case?
  • imagine977
    imagine977 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Your results are awesome!!! I'm beginning my third week of alpha, and my weight is the same as when I started, but I feel "tighter" and people are telling me I look slimmer. Haven't really lost any inches either, but my endurance has increased exponentially! I actually did a month 2 Insanity workout instead of my double day last week, and made it out alive! My problem is I think I'm eating too few calories. For the past 2 years I cut my calories down to 1200 and somehow ended up gaining 10 pounds. I'm wondering if it's finally the time to increase. I saw a nutritionist last year who measured my RMR, which was 1140 - and she told me to eat 1280 a day bc I work out 6 days a week. I used to eat a lot more back in the day when I only weighed 120.... So my goal is def to lose weight, but more so, fat. I want to be fit and lean, and right now if that means eating more to fuel my active lifestyle, maybe that's the way I need to go! I hate the 1200 calorie a day thing but I need motivation to change it up. T25 is helping greatly - I like feeling like an athlete :)
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Your results are awesome!!! I'm beginning my third week of alpha, and my weight is the same as when I started, but I feel "tighter" and people are telling me I look slimmer. Haven't really lost any inches either, but my endurance has increased exponentially! I actually did a month 2 Insanity workout instead of my double day last week, and made it out alive! My problem is I think I'm eating too few calories. For the past 2 years I cut my calories down to 1200 and somehow ended up gaining 10 pounds. I'm wondering if it's finally the time to increase. I saw a nutritionist last year who measured my RMR, which was 1140 - and she told me to eat 1280 a day bc I work out 6 days a week. I used to eat a lot more back in the day when I only weighed 120.... So my goal is def to lose weight, but more so, fat. I want to be fit and lean, and right now if that means eating more to fuel my active lifestyle, maybe that's the way I need to go! I hate the 1200 calorie a day thing but I need motivation to change it up. T25 is helping greatly - I like feeling like an athlete :)

DEFINITELY EAT MORE! When I was doing T25, I was eating 1600 and now I'm eating around 2000 with my PiYo/TurboFire hybrid and I'm still losing weight. I've lost nearly 40 pounds. It sounds ridiculous, but you need to eat to lose!!! Try eating like 1600 for a week and see what it does. If you don't lose anything, go down a little. Always listen to your body and if you feel weak, tired, or starving, don't deprive.
  • imagine977
    imagine977 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to try and bump it up. I can always add a protein shake in the am, and figure out something else for later in the day. Did you have a certain macro goal you aimed for while on 1600 calories? Or just try to eat as clean as possible? Dare I ask, did you allow yourself any cheat meals? I'm hesitant to even bring that up bc I know it can be a hot topic on these boards...
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I am definitely going to try and bump it up. I can always add a protein shake in the am, and figure out something else for later in the day. Did you have a certain macro goal you aimed for while on 1600 calories? Or just try to eat as clean as possible? Dare I ask, did you allow yourself any cheat meals? I'm hesitant to even bring that up bc I know it can be a hot topic on these boards...

I tried to stay balanced, but don't beat myself up about it. I drink Shakeology daily and try to get at least 3 servings of veggies and two servings of fruits. I try to eat more protein and less carbs, but again, don't really track it ridiculously. I did the 21 Day Fix beforehand, so clean eating is definitely always in the back of my mind, and portion control, too. I did allow myself a cheat meal every once in awhile, but that's the big difference...cheat MEAL. So many people do a full cheat DAY and that's where they get in trouble haha. I'm a coach and I encourage everyone to allow themselves some indulgences. If you deprive your body of any fun stuff, it gets really boring and you tend not to stick with it. I'd say I eat clean about 90% of the time, but allow myself some treats every now and again. It keeps me satisfied and the results help me stick with it.
  • lauralea42
    lauralea42 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow....congrats!!! I just started T25 5 days ago. Man....it is tough. Having high intensity with NO BREAKS!!! I have been working out for 6 months now doing kickboxing, HIIT, jogging, weight lifting, cycling, but I still got sore doing T25. Guess that means it is working!!! lol.
  • lauralea42
    Options
    A good place to see about how much calories you should be eating and about the different amounts of each macro (protein, carbs, fat) you should be aiming for is www.iifym.com. I started that a couple weeks ago. Before that I was eating 1520 calories. When I entered info on myself at this website it bumped me up to 1650 calories a day. That scared me, but being as I had plateaued and a friend of mine had told me to go to this website to get the right amount of calories and macros to help me start to lose fat again, I did it. I have started losing again. Just a little, but it is better than gaining or not losing anything. You may have to play around with your macros to get the right amount for you over time. I also bought the book Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle. It has given me a lot of information that has helped me. They call it the fitness bible. http://www.burnthefatfeedthemuscle.com/index.html. It gives you a lot of information on macros, exercise, hydration, calories, healthy eating, etc.
  • lauralea42
    Options
    Wow....great results!!! I just started T25, and I am hoping for the same good results.
  • lauralea42
    Options
    staring 3rd week of Gamma today , I'm getting good results so far

I started my third week of Gamma, today, too! Are you doing the regular or the strength hybrid? Hybrid for me...

What is the gamma part?
  • lauralea42
    Options

A good place to see about how much calories you should be eating and about the different amounts of each macro (protein, carbs, fat) you should be aiming for is www.iifym.com. I started that a couple weeks ago. Before that I was eating 1520 calories. When I entered info on myself at this website it bumped me up to 1650 calories a day. That scared me, but being as I had plateaued and a friend of mine had told me to go to this website to get the right amount of calories and macros to help me start to lose fat again, I did it. I have started losing again. Just a little, but it is better than gaining or not losing anything. You may have to play around with your macros to get the right amount for you over time. I also bought the book Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle. It has given me a lot of information that has helped me. They call it the fitness bible. http://www.burnthefatfeedthemuscle.com/index.html. It gives you a lot of information on macros, exercise, hydration, calories, healthy eating, etc.
  • lauralea42
    Options
    Im getting "annoyed" and a little discouraged because of this,i've lost weight,and i know im losting weight but i can't see differences in my belly,i know you cant spot reduce,but i've been like this since week 2 of alpha,and i was hoping to be more ripped in the abs by now. im pretty fit but i have this last "layer"of fat that cant seem to go down ,maybe im wanting too much at the same time..lets see how i look in the final week of alpha and if i need gamma :)
    You're not alone. I've finished the program except gamma. (Can't afford it yet) still can't lose the lower belly. I lost 20 lbs and toned even at the upper abs, but not the lower. Right now I'm doing extra sessions of dynamic core to better those results. Eating right too.

I am having problems with getting rid of belly fat too. As hard as I work and as good as I eat, it is really frustrating being as it seems like my belly fat is not going to go away.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Way to go, InfiniKitty! That is very motivating.

I am on Week 8, Day 3, and there are still some moves that I have to modify. Most often, it is not because I am too tired, but because the moves are awkward to me. Like all of those twisting lunges progressing down to the floor during Core Cardio. I initially also had a hard time with the Up & Over move (got easier once I lost 8 inches off my hips and 3 inches off my thighs, LOL!) Some of the moves just need more balance - like the one leg kicks. I find myself teetering on those. So, to all of you out there who still need to modify - keep on going! You will figure it out as your body trims down and your balance improves.

I have noticed that Beta's workouts all start off pretty much the same - really obvious when it comes to double Fridays. They also target my abductors/adductors, love handles, lower abs and back/shoulders a lot more than Alpha did. Anyone else find that to be the case?

YES!!!! Up center/Back Center. All the time! Get my calves and my shins burnin in the first 10 seconds! LOL

Hope you ladies are all doing well. Today is day 4 of Week 9 and it has been a crazy ride! Can't wait to take my pics to submit for my T-Shirt. I order Gamma today and I cannot wait to get started!