Focus T25 - Summer Slim Down!

Options

Replies

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    OMG good luck with that! I'm not envious.
  • sarahsc31
    sarahsc31 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hey, is it better to do the Abs first and then Speed 1.0 or the other way around on double Friday to get max calorie burn?
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I went for a 20 minute run for the first time in a month of starting the t25 program and I have serious exercise headache right now. OUCH. I did upper focus today after my run. I had to do a lot of the modifications because I was tired out from my run. Almost done with Beta Week 2.

I measured again today and in the past 3 weeks I have lost 11.5 inches! SUPER COOL! Starting to see the scale go down too!
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hey, is it better to do the Abs first and then Speed 1.0 or the other way around on double Friday to get max calorie burn?

I would probably do Abs first so that you're focusing on your core. It will help you keep those muscles tight when you do Speed 1.0 and the stretching in the second workout will help you recover from the first. I miss Speed 1.0 :-(
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Jumping in late! I'm on week 2 of Alpha. No loss yet, but my endurance is improving. I'm supplementing with Jillian Michaels's Ripped in 30, but I skip that on days that I'm too busy or too tired.
  • sarahsc31
    Options
    Just finished the Abs and Speed 1.0, in that order...and I am drained! I drank my protein replacement meal, and am waiting for it to kick in...that was no joke! At the end of abs, I looked down and saw my reflection in the puddle of sweat I had accumulated. Craziness! I usually love Speed 1.0, and bounce through it, but I knew I was dragging on some of the moves. I finished though! I am soooo ready for a rest day with just some walks on our trails with the kids. (We live in Columbia, MD, with 88 miles of walking trails, and it is great!
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    W1/D5 Lower Focus & Cardio = Ouch, but DONE! :blushing:
  • infinikitty
    Options
    First double Friday of Gamma done! Total Body Circuit from Alpha, then Speed 3.0 from Gamma. PHEW. I'm hurtin'!
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm In!!!!

I'm in Beta Series - Week 1 (Week 6 overall). Is there a separate group here on MFP or just stay subscribed to this thread?

Also, anybody going to Gamma next?
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I'm In!!!!

I'm in Beta Series - Week 1 (Week 6 overall). Is there a separate group here on MFP or just stay subscribed to this thread?

Also, anybody going to Gamma next?

Not sure if there is a separate group or not, but you're welcome to chat about it in here! Some are doing Alpha, some on Beta, and some on Gamma. I just finished W1D5 of Gamma myself! It's hardcore but I LOVE all the weight workout! My arms are getting so awesome haha
  • sarahsc31
    Options
    So...have a problem. Next week is my last week of Alpha, and it is the dreaded Total Body Circuit three times! We are leaving on Thursday for my parents' house, and it will be hard to do the workout there at the family reunion. So, I am thinking of doing TBC and Cardio (Thursday's workout) on Wednesday and then Friday's double TBC and Lower Focus Thursday before we leave for an 8-hour car trip. My husband is driving, so I am thinking of just stretching out and doing absolutely nothing! That would give me three rest/stretch days until I start Beta on Monday. Minus some light hiking on the Appalachian Trail with the kiddos, there will be very little exercise.

What do you guys think? Is it doable? Am I crazy? LOL!
  • sjs227
    sjs227 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Just finished W1 of Beta. I was sweating after upper focus last night. The dips are hard to do being close to the ground. I ordered PiYo. It should be coming next week. I'm planning on doing the PiYo/T25 hybrid after Beta to add some variety.

So I saw on Shaun's facebook page that there's a big surprise next week. Any thoughts on what it could be? Delta maybe?
  • sfisher07
    sfisher07 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello, newbie here!

Just finished alpha today! I feel like I hot great results. I have not so great knees so I tend to modify quite a bit to lower the impact, but overall I really liked it. However, due to the modifications, I'm nervous about starting beta!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the T25 program today! Looking forward to it...... Sort of.... Haha
  • infinikitty
    Options
    So...have a problem. Next week is my last week of Alpha, and it is the dreaded Total Body Circuit three times! We are leaving on Thursday for my parents' house, and it will be hard to do the workout there at the family reunion. So, I am thinking of doing TBC and Cardio (Thursday's workout) on Wednesday and then Friday's double TBC and Lower Focus Thursday before we leave for an 8-hour car trip. My husband is driving, so I am thinking of just stretching out and doing absolutely nothing! That would give me three rest/stretch days until I start Beta on Monday. Minus some light hiking on the Appalachian Trail with the kiddos, there will be very little exercise.

What do you guys think? Is it doable? Am I crazy? LOL!

I've doubled up on other days before to accommodate for plans, so I think you'd be okay! Just try to keep them in the order they would have come in! I think the rest/stretch days would definitely be good before starting Beta.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Just finished W1 of Beta. I was sweating after upper focus last night. The dips are hard to do being close to the ground. I ordered PiYo. It should be coming next week. I'm planning on doing the PiYo/T25 hybrid after Beta to add some variety.

So I saw on Shaun's facebook page that there's a big surprise next week. Any thoughts on what it could be? Delta maybe?

I've been hoping for Delta, since I have three weeks left on Gamma! I'm not sure what the annoucement is, but if it's going through Beachbody, I'm thinking I might have known about it already, being a coach. But stranger things have happened, I'm sure ^_^ I can't wait to find out either way!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Hello, newbie here!

Just finished alpha today! I feel like I hot great results. I have not so great knees so I tend to modify quite a bit to lower the impact, but overall I really liked it. However, due to the modifications, I'm nervous about starting beta!

Just do what you can do! Beta focuses a lot more on the core and upper body, unlike Alpha that focuses a lot on the lower body. I LOVED Speed 2.0...but it had lots of jumping. Just follow Shaun when you can, and Tonia when you can't. Great job on finishing Alpha!!!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Just ordered the T25 program today! Looking forward to it...... Sort of.... Haha

You're gonna LOVE it!
  • TheMojoMissy
    TheMojoMissy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I start the program tomorrow!
  • claireb12
    claireb12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I 'm starting week 2 of Alpha tomorrow, loving it so far and lost 2.4lbs this week, whoop whoop :smile: