Pregnancy 2010 - October

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before trying to conceive (TTC)
b) (Trying to conceive) TTC
c) Pregnant

Most people weigh in on Wednesdays, however you can weigh in on whichever day works best for you!

Welcome all!

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

i'm sorry I've been gone for soooo long! Yes, Ayden Baptiste Thorassie was indeed born ... He came on September 19th, 2010 2 days early after 3 days of early labor and officially 22 hours of labor! Whew! He weighed in at a whopping 8lbs 7.5oz and was 21 inches long. Below is a link to the story of my labor as well as a link to photos of the little man. :-) Hope everyone is doing well!

Story:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=71387&id=1062205157&saved#!/note.php?note_id=461427842144

Photos:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=71387&id=1062205157&l=9aeb4b8b28
  • annie008
    Options
    such a cutie pie of a baby!...congratulations!
  • emgi
    emgi Posts: 15
    Options
    Angela- I'd love to read your story... the link isn't working. Could you post again?
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i agree, the story link isn't working for me either...but holy moly is he just SO precious!!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I love love LOVE the photos Angela! The story doesn't work for me either though. Perhaps it's the privacy setting?

Amanda - it sounds like you hit the a great place the other day, even if you did get tuckered out. That's wonderful!
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow that was a long time but I'm sure he was worth it. He is a cutie. Congrats on the little one.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your little guy, I will have to look at the pics later on today when I get home from work :wink:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I can't read the story either, but he is so cute! Congratulations!!!!!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Angela! Can't wait to hear the story and look at pics later!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Angela, Congratulations! You have a beautiful family!!

So I just found out that in 3 weeks I have a formal party to go to. I have to go dress shopping. I am slightly excited but also dreading the trying on of clothes. I figure I will go a basic black and dress it up with accessories. But now to find the right one. One of the guys in charge of it said it was just like going to prom. I never thought I would go to prom pregnant!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Congrats Angela! He is beautiful!

debnu1- Good luck dress shopping. I hope you find something!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Congrats Angela! You're son is so precious! May god bless your family.
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    congratulations Angela, what a babe! I'm sure he was worth the wait.
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in the group. My name is Jennifer, and I was diagnosed this past May with PCOS ( Polycystic ovarian syndrome) this causes a lot of problems with infertility, and other health issues. Anyways I was told that by losing weight that it would help to conceive someday. I have been try with my BF for two years now. So I have to live by a low GI and low carb diet to keep my insulin resistance down. So I am here to start a program to lose weight, to have a baby someday and I would love the support.
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Congratulations Angela the baby pictures are so cute your little man is adorable. I also could not get the link to work. Maybe we will hear about it from you later.

Okay I know its manic Monday I am posting early because I will be going out of town Wednesday.
    So far CW 183 lbs and SW is 164. I am kind of sad that I have gained 19 lbs but I know that my second trimester is almost over and I only just started showing so not terribly sad. I am just happy that I can feel the baby everyday.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Angela the baby pictures are so cute your little man is adorable. I also could not get the link to work. Maybe we will hear about it from you later.

Okay I know its manic Monday I am posting early because I will be going out of town Wednesday.
    So far CW 183 lbs and SW is 164. I am kind of sad that I have gained 19 lbs but I know that my second trimester is almost over and I only just started showing so not terribly sad. I am just happy that I can feel the baby everyday.

That is awesome. I've almost gained that much and just starting my second trimester. I am sure you look great.

Deb, good luck dress shopping I went myself the other day just looking for a casual dress for my husbands birthday dinner. I would love to go to prom prenant, then you don't have to worry about getting pregnant afterwards..lol
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just found out on Sunday that I am pregnant! I am not sure exactly how far along I am but will find out in a few weeks I am guessing around 6 weeks! I am very nervous about the weight gain and am scared I will gain too much! I just started loosing weight and now I have to gain! I know its sounds bad to be depressed about but I cant help it!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Just wait a couple of weeks, your nausea or MS may not have set in yet. Some women don't gain weight,

I met a girl that was 19 weeks the other day and she hadn't gained 1 lb.

My neighbor is prenant 16 weeks with twins and has lost 14 lbs from being so sick, which I wish on noone. LOL

I have gained 14 lbs because I eat too much and don't worry about it. LOL
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I missed my weigh in day yesterday, so I am logging it today. I am down 2lbs this week. I am not going to worry too much, and will wait to see what the doctor says in a few weeks. Overall I am down 3 lbs from the time I found out I was pregnant.
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    Hi! I just found out on Sunday that I am pregnant! I am not sure exactly how far along I am but will find out in a few weeks I am guessing around 6 weeks! I am very nervous about the weight gain and am scared I will gain too much! I just started loosing weight and now I have to gain! I know its sounds bad to be depressed about but I cant help it!

When I got PG with my LO i weight 112. I had just lost 50+ pounds and feel good... obviously, or I wouldn't have gotten PG, right?? lol...

I gained a WHOPPING 80 POUNDS!! I was GROSS and I felt gross...

Now, I am trying to lose the last 50...

Your baby has to gaine weight, but you don't! Keep monitoring your food intake because you only need 300 cals/day to grow a baby! Good luck!!