Pregnancy 2010 - October

Options

Replies

• tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Mwilson - I am so glad to hear you are in the same boat as me. I have droped a few lbs the past few days, and was a bit worried. I also have been getting hungry, and then take two bites, and want to throw up I feel so full. So I guess since the two of us are in simmilar stages, and having the same issues....it must be OK, right?!?!:smile:

Momma K - I cant tell you what is right for you, but I can tell you what I am doing. I was consuming about 1200 calories per day before I got pregnant. As soon as I knew I was pregnant I upped it to 1500 per day (my doctor confirmed what I was doing was ok for me and the baby). I am eatting a ton of fruits and whole grains too (but have been on a pizza kick lately). I am weighing in once a week, and keeping tabs on my weight. If I gain several lbs in one week, I know I need to be extra careful of what I eat the next week.

For those TTC - It took us 3 months of trying. That being said, the first two months I had everything planned out, was maping dates, times, etc and it was absolutly no fun, and very stressfull. The third month I really tried not to be as "observent" of all the things going on with my body, and to make it more fun! I really think that was the charm. Good luck to all of you!!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I bought Maternity pants at aroun 10 weeks, because my clothes were already snug. I can fit into my looser clothes, but they are still snug around my stomach. My maternity pants are too big, but they don't put pressure on my belly.

I have gained about 15 lbs and I am only 14.5 weeks. I think it all depends on how your stomach feels in clothes. I wouldn't let what your mom said worry you. In fact I would think most people start wearing maternity in the 2nd trimester, and those that have had previous pregnancies even earlier.
  • misskatieanne
    misskatieanne Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I am another newbie on here, I am about 6 wks pregnant with my 4th child. While I hadnt ruled out having another baby this has come as a bit of a suprise to us as it wasn't planned, I thought we were being careful?! Its is strange that I always get pregnant in Aug/ September though; my other 3 sons birthdays fall within 2 weeks of one another & new baby's due date is at the same time!

I am not too worried about my weight as I have put on less weight with each pregnancy & am hoping to put on about the same 20lbs as I did last time. Before that it was about 60 (!) lbs with my 1st and 34lbs with my second. I suppose you could say that the shock of putting on so much with my eldest encouraged me not to do the same again.

As usual though I have started with the all day & night nausea :( Today I invested in some accupressure bands which i am hoping will help. But my palate has gone crazy & I can only stomach typical British stodge which although I am british I usually never eat...bacon sandwiches, toasted cheese sandwiches, pies?!!! Lets hope this is just a phase & it passes soon.

I try & steer clear of maternity clothes as much as possible I prefer just wearing my own loosest clothes for as long as possible but if you have to wear tailored clothes for work then that's different IMHO just be comfy pregnancy is hard enough as it is without feeling restricted by your pants.

Good luck to those waiting TTC I hope it happens soon for you.

Angela- thanks for sharing such a beautiful story, your baby son looks adorable well done xx
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Cheese quesidillas have really hit the spot for me lately. It is funny how our desires change so easily when pregnant. I just try to make sure I fit in something a little more healthy... (a V8 or soup with it.)

I am really busy lately.. It seems that everything is happening at once. I have barely been home during the day this week. I guess that is how it works sometimes.

congratulations to all you newly preggers--stay healthy!!
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on here since I found out I was pregnant. I am 17 weeks along and I've gained 7 lbs. I'm really trying to watch my weight, but McDonald's french fries sure makes it difficult :laugh: We got pregnant our first month TTC, but I hear that's not necessarily the most common. Its great to hear everyone's story. I was counting all my friends who are pregnant and I believe there are 10!! Yes 10!! My sister found out she is pregnant and due a month after I am and my sister in law is due 2 weeks after that. Should make for an interesting Christmas with 3 huge pregnant women. haha
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'd love to join your group!

After way too long of an absence from MFP, I am back. I want to try and stay as healthy as I can during my pregnancy.. I am now at 17 weeks. (and have been on a fast weight gain :embarassed: )

I am having trouble setting up a good nutrition/eating goals for pregnancy and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to do that on here? Thanks!

P.S. Congrats Angela!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

If you don't mind me asking....How much have you gained? I know its not the same for everyone, but I am just curious where I'm at.
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am ttc and trying to lose weight before getting pregnant. I gained 80lbs. with my son 10 years ago, then it took about 2 years ttc with my daughter. My sw was 235, i am now 220 but would like to be below 200 before getting pregnant again. I have had some trouble conceiving so my doctor prescribed clomid, anybody else take clomid? was just wondering if it affects weight loss at all?? I think i might start the clomid next month, so i am really really motivated this month to lose some more weight, after i get pregnant i just want to not really gain much weight, but eat healthy so the baby will get all the nutrients he/she needs!! I am already taking the prenatal vitamins so i feel like that is a step in the right direction!! Good luck kkuhly...it can be a long process but definitly worth it!!!!!

Congrats Angela...Great Story...Beautiful Baby!!!!

I'm almost 14 weeks pregnant and happily conceived with the help of Clomid after almost 3 years trying to. I took Clomid for 4 cycles. The first 2 with 50mg and the next 2 cycles with 100mg. I didn't notice any effect on my weight (as opposed to a few months earlier when my doctor prescribed Metformin hoping to regulate my cycles).

I did find that Clomid had much side effects though... early on the cycles, when taking the pills, it made me awfully tired. Later, after ovulation, it can create side effects that mimics pregnancy (sore boobs, nauseas, etc.) which can add to the sadness when your menses arrive. I also experienced the worst PMS ever (poor husband...). But hey, it worked, so I won't complain :) and I really hope it helps you to !
  • amyjo519
    amyjo519 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you soon-2-be new mommies!! I would love to join your group. We will be trying for our 2nd baby soon. I'd really like to be under 200 lbs tho. We hadn't prevented pregnancy for 7 years before and we went through 2 or 3 - 6 mo periods of really really trying. We had 2 m/c one in '07, and one in '08. Januray of '09 I started training for a triathalon and lost 15 lbs. We concieved that April. I truely believe losing that weight helped us concieve.

I worked really hard during my pregnancy to walk everyday and eat lots of veggies. It helped that I had a fast food aversion during most of my pregnancy...pizza especially. I lost 8 lbs at first and had only gained 15 lbs when December rolled around. I was so proud of how hard I had worked. Then one month before my son was due, my Dad killed himself and all heck broke loose for me. I'm now at the heaviest I've been in my entire life and I feel every bit of it. My pain and grief are beginning to subside...a little. And now is time for me to work off the extra baby/emotional weight so we may have another baby!!!
  • amyjo519
    Options
    Welcome, new comers! This is a really great group with lots of support!

I weighed in this morning and was down 2.6 lbs! I'm VERY confused! I know weight fluctuates so I'm not going to stress but I'm not going to lie, it kind of freaked me out. I'm eating anything I want basically (I know that's not ideal either ...lol) but I just stop when I get full. Which, is really fast these days. I get hungry very often but after I take a couple of bites I'm full. So now I'm at a lower weight than I was before getting pregnant. I will weigh again in a few days and see if it is just one of those days and hopefully everything's ok. :huh: :indifferent:

Dont worry yourself sick. Listen and trust your body and you'll be fine! Maybe your lucky and the 'full' feeling is replacing morning sickness!!! Yay! Enjoy the weight loss and skinny days while you can! Congrats and Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy!
  • amyjo519
    Options
    I have a question for you ladies:

I am almost 11 weeks, and I feel like I could possibly start wearing maternity pants soon. I mentioned this to my mom, and she was in shock. She said I shouldn't start showing and needing maternity pants until at least Christmas (that would put me at 22 weeks). I feel like she thinks I am doing something wrong for wearing them so soon. It isn't that my pants are that tight, it just feels restricting, and I think I might be more comfortable in something a little looser/streatchier. Keep in mind that I am in business suits every day, so in general...they aren't too comfy!

When did you all switch to maternity pants? Does anyone have recommendations as to where I should shop to find business professional clothes??

I was very lucky! I was 195 when I concieved and was able to stay in most of my clothes all the way to 5 months. On the otherhand, the clothes I couldn't wear were too constrictive. I felt like I couldnt breathe, like I was in a corsette or something, if my waist band was even slightly too tight. So I know your feeling. I had a lot of success with Belly Bands. I got them at Target. They come in different colors and sizes and I used them for the rest of my pregnancy and after. (I had a cesearen and they helped support my tummy where the insicion was). They just go right over your regular clothes so you don't have to buy a bunch of expensive maternity clothes. (yay...more money for baby)

However, I was very pregnant during the holidays and did have to give in and buy some maternity clothes. Kohl's had cute and reasonable maternity clothes that were very business oriented. (I'm in Colorado, I hope there's a Kohl's where you are). Gap Maternity has really cute stuff too! :-) And Target had a nice assortment of Mommy-to-be attire!!

Hope this helps some. Congrats!!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I am another newbie on here, I am about 6 wks pregnant with my 4th child. While I hadnt ruled out having another baby this has come as a bit of a suprise to us as it wasn't planned, I thought we were being careful?! Its is strange that I always get pregnant in Aug/ September though; my other 3 sons birthdays fall within 2 weeks of one another & new baby's due date is at the same time!

I am not too worried about my weight as I have put on less weight with each pregnancy & am hoping to put on about the same 20lbs as I did last time. Before that it was about 60 (!) lbs with my 1st and 34lbs with my second. I suppose you could say that the shock of putting on so much with my eldest encouraged me not to do the same again.

As usual though I have started with the all day & night nausea :( Today I invested in some accupressure bands which i am hoping will help. But my palate has gone crazy & I can only stomach typical British stodge which although I am british I usually never eat...bacon sandwiches, toasted cheese sandwiches, pies?!!! Lets hope this is just a phase & it passes soon.

I try & steer clear of maternity clothes as much as possible I prefer just wearing my own loosest clothes for as long as possible but if you have to wear tailored clothes for work then that's different IMHO just be comfy pregnancy is hard enough as it is without feeling restricted by your pants.

Good luck to those waiting TTC I hope it happens soon for you.

Angela- thanks for sharing such a beautiful story, your baby son looks adorable well done xx

I think that is pretty funny, our 2 boys are 2 weeks and 2 day apart and this one is due just 1 day after my youngest ones birthday. All 3 babies will have birthdays within 2 weeks as well. We've had 2 m/cs so I think that my body just likes being pregnant in the fall and having spring babies!

Weight will flucuate within 5 lbs so everyone need not worry. Sometimes when I go to the doctors I'll be up 2-4lbs then the next time I'll be back down. My doctor said to eat 2000-2500 calories, I do my best but I noticed that some days I am not hungry at all while others I am super hungry. We dont need to be on a "diet" we just need to be careful with what we eat and how much. That doesn't mean we can eat chocolate cake everyday but why not sometimes? Good luck to all of you TTC, I agree with Amanda....just have fun and it will happen!
  • debnu1
    Options
    I just bought some really cute maternity clothes at motherhood maternity. They have really cute dresses for $30! I couldn't beat that.

My two kids are 1 day and 5 years apart. This one is 4 months after their birthdays, for a little while I thought I could only conceive one month out of the year!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Hello! I would like to join you all. I had just switched from WW to myfitnesspal a few weeks ago and am now expecting. I am expecting our 11th due next June. I would love some advice on how many calories I need. I was eating 1200 a day. I weigh 175lbs now. Everything I have read says 2100-2400, that is 300 on top of 1800ish to maintain my weight, but certainly do not need 300 in the first trimester. I am usually so sick by 6 weeks that everything goes out the window, but I am just 4 weeks now. I just don't want to pack on the pounds, 2100 or even 1800 seems like so much. Plus dh and I are going on vacation next week. Worried about eating, honestly.

Annabelle
  • SarahP1975
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm relatively new to this site, but what little I've done on it, I love!!! I am 10 weeks pregnant with my second baby, and am determined to not gain the 60 lbs this time that I did with my first!!! It is such a great way for me to keep track of what I'm eating and the calories I'm taking in!!

I just wanted to say hello....have a great day, everyone!!!
  • missslyssa
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I'm new here. My husband and I have been TTC for about 2 years now off and on. Recently had surgery for endometriosis which I am told went well. Fingers crossed. 2ww started this weekend.

I'm 252#. Am wondering how the bump works with larger bumps? Do you ever get to the point that you look pregnant and not just fat?

Melissa
  • kkuhly
    kkuhly Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    WOW...11 kids! That is amazing! I have a hard time convncing my husband that 4 kids would be great! I also was wondering about the calorie thing too! I am not pg yet but we have been trying for 6 1/2 months now. Hoping for a sweet treat around halloween! What are the ages of your children?
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    What are the ages of your children?

16, 16, 14, 11, 9, 7, 5, 4, 2, and 1. Still confused. I am having a hard time eating more calories. Right now I am at 1300 or so.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to all! So I am at 14 weeks at finally not sick anymore. My husband was so shocked when we went to the market this weekend and I was grabbing all sorts of meat. I hadn't been able to look at raw meat at all since about 6 weeks, he was like "are you okay?" haha, the joys of pregnancy! Another accomplishment.... I cooked for the first time yesterday, it has been months since I have made a yummy meal for my family. I am super greatful to have such a wonderful husband who is willing to jump in and cook for the family. Oops forgot to weigh in again this morning, will have to try harder to remember next Saturday.

How was everyones weekend?
  • debnu1
    Options
    For all the eating questions--I set my goal at maintenance. That put me at 1900 calories which seemed appropriate. However, the most important thing is to be getting all the vitamins and minerals that you really need. So I would suggest that you focus on whole grains, vegies and fruits. Of course the two things I couldn't stomach my first trimester were whole grains and vegetables. As long as you are focusing on the right foods the calories will fall into place. (A big reminder for myself!!)
    I still would rather not cook--but I am so much better than I was before (It doesn't make me vomit danymore). You would think that eggs wouldn't be bad to cook. They taste really good--but the thought of making them turns my stomach!! Go figure.
  • kkuhly
    kkuhly Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So...I am on day 16 of my cycle and it is supposed to be a "baby making" night. The only problem is I am sick with a head cold and a fever of 100. Should I take some tylenol and muddle through or hope that our previous "attempts" will work? Really wanting this to be the month! What would you do?:huh: