Pregnancy 2010 - October

Options

Replies

• angrypanda
    angrypanda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Dragonfly, you're a machine! I'm down to 388 miles to go. I know I better get a move on it. Should be taking advantage of getting more miles out of the way now before I'm much bigger!

I visited my cousin who had a baby on the 11th of this month, and got to hold her new baby boy. I know this may not seem like a big deal, but I've never really been around babies, so it was literally my first time holding a baby. I was really scared at first, but got more comfortable with it. I'll have to get more practice in before April :smile:

I'm really excited because I have my gender-determination ultrasound tomorrow. Hope the baby cooperates.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Dragonfly, you're a machine! I'm down to 388 miles to go. I know I better get a move on it. Should be taking advantage of getting more miles out of the way now before I'm much bigger!

I visited my cousin who had a baby on the 11th of this month, and got to hold her new baby boy. I know this may not seem like a big deal, but I've never really been around babies, so it was literally my first time holding a baby. I was really scared at first, but got more comfortable with it. I'll have to get more practice in before April :smile:

I'm really excited because I have my gender-determination ultrasound tomorrow. Hope the baby cooperates.

Yay! Great job angrypanda! So glad to have you along with me. Sounds like you are doing a great job with the walking. I appreciate your encouraging words, they are exactly what I need to keep walking. I was figuring on 3 miles a day 5 days a week when I came up with the 400 miles. But some days when there is good television on I just decide to keep on walking. :)

Once you have your own little one you will become a natural with your baby. You will do great. I sure hope the baby cooperates at your ultrasound today, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I have an appointment too but second ultrasound will be early November. Probably going to let it be a surprise for us.

Let us know what you find out!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Dragonfly = where did you get your moving ticker? I love it!

Hoping to be joing you ladies soon!

Tahmed- where you been girlie??
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at 155.2. I started pregnancy at 153.4 so I've gained 1.8 lbs total. The lack of weight gain kind of scares me, but I know I'm eating a lot, so idk... :huh: I was just glad to see an increase on the scale. HOW CRAZY IS THAT! haha it sounds sooo weird to say I WANT to gain weight when for YEARS that was so dreadful!! So funny to me. Hopefully it will just continue to increase very slowly throughout the whole pregnancy and it won't get out of hand.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    mwilson you are doing great! You chance of health issues are less when you don't gain too much--As long as you are eating lots of healthy stuff the baby will be fine! I am hoping to maintain my weight for at least the next month or two--I don't want to gain that much more! I am already up 12lbs...
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Dragonfly = where did you get your moving ticker? I love it!

jalara ~ thanks! I found it at this site: http://www.andfam.net/kim/tickerpicker.html

mwilson ~ I agree with debnu1, you are doing great and the little gain is absolutely fine. I started at 143 and currently I am 141. So I am still down 2 lbs. As long as you are eating right you don't need to worry. It is still early on and the weight gain will come. :)
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    In most of my pregnancies I never gained anything or much of anything the first 20 weeks.
  • DoctorLaura
    DoctorLaura Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    mwilson1018--I can relate. My PP weight was 160. At around 10 weeks I was up 4 lbs, then I lost 3lbs (not on purpose), then I gained half a lb...My current weight is 161.5--so I'm only up 1.5 lbs at 17 and a half weeks. Admittedly, I have VERY mixed feelings about it.
    I'm secretly relieved that I haven't gained much but I know it's important to gain SOME weight for baby to be healthy. I talked to my Dr about it on Tuesday and he said it's totally normal. To quote him (although I can't do his cool accent) "Good for you for eating healthy and losing weight before you conceived. You don't really need to alter your eating habits now that you're pregant, maybe just have a donut once in a while." :happy:
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Just finished my workout for the day. I walked 5.5 miles today so that puts me at 28 miles for the week. 372 miles to go.

Have a happy Friday!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hi, my name is Laura. On January 1, 2009 I joined this site and I lost 52 pounds. Sadly on May 29, 2009 I was in a car accident and the stress from having to deal with all of that wasn't good and I let life get in the way and I gained all the weight back plus 3 more pounds. I am back now and I want to lose the weight so I can have a Tubal Reversal and be able to have another baby without being overweigt. I had my 1st child Anna Grace on June 5, 2005. She weighed 8 lbs 1.7 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. July 14, 2007, I was blessed by my little man Jacob and he weighed 9 lbs. 5.9 oz. and was 21 inches long. I had a really hard time having him and decided that I was done having babies and that I wanted to have my tubes tied. I had my tubes tied the day after he was born. I have totally regretted it ever since. I want to have my tubes untied in the next year or so and I don't want to go through a surgery being this overweight nor do I want to get pregnant with me being this overweight. So, that it one of the reasons I am here. My other reasons are on my profile. :flowerforyou:
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Just finished my workout for the day. I walked 5.5 miles today so that puts me at 28 miles for the week. 372 miles to go.

Have a happy Friday!

You rock!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Hi, my name is Laura. On January 1, 2009 I joined this site and I lost 52 pounds. Sadly on May 29, 2009 I was in a car accident and the stress from having to deal with all of that wasn't good and I let life get in the way and I gained all the weight back plus 3 more pounds. I am back now and I want to lose the weight so I can have a Tubal Reversal and be able to have another baby without being overweigt. I had my 1st child Anna Grace on June 5, 2005. She weighed 8 lbs 1.7 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. July 14, 2007, I was blessed by my little man Jacob and he weighed 9 lbs. 5.9 oz. and was 21 inches long. I had a really hard time having him and decided that I was done having babies and that I wanted to have my tubes tied. I had my tubes tied the day after he was born. I have totally regretted it ever since. I want to have my tubes untied in the next year or so and I don't want to go through a surgery being this overweight nor do I want to get pregnant with me being this overweight. So, that it one of the reasons I am here. My other reasons are on my profile. :flowerforyou:

Welcome! Good luck w/ your weight loss and reversal!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options

Welcome! Good luck w/ your weight loss and reversal!

Thanks so much.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hit the 10lb mark today. Boy was I carrying a lot of water weight (been on new calorie plan for 7 days now).

My 32 week appointment is Thursday. Hopefully I'll be scheduling my next growth ultrasound for the following week. :)

Less than 8 weeks left for me!!
  • dragonfly74
    Options

Have a happy Friday!

You rock!

Aw thank you! I need motivation to keep on going and you have helped me.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you ladies:

I am almost 11 weeks, and I feel like I could possibly start wearing maternity pants soon. I mentioned this to my mom, and she was in shock. She said I shouldn't start showing and needing maternity pants until at least Christmas (that would put me at 22 weeks). I feel like she thinks I am doing something wrong for wearing them so soon. It isn't that my pants are that tight, it just feels restricting, and I think I might be more comfortable in something a little looser/streatchier. Keep in mind that I am in business suits every day, so in general...they aren't too comfy!

When did you all switch to maternity pants? Does anyone have recommendations as to where I should shop to find business professional clothes??

I gave in to what I like to call "fat clothes" in month 7 (I hate the phrase maternity clothes for some reason). Granted my jeans sat on my hips so I wasn't buttoning over the bulge, and I also started wearing them unbuttoned with a rubber band around month 6. I wish I'd stayed in them longer as I gained a lot more after wearing looser clothes. Oh, and I also went on a cruise in month 7.... so.... yeah.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hit the 10lb mark today. Boy was I carrying a lot of water weight (been on new calorie plan for 7 days now).

My 32 week appointment is Thursday. Hopefully I'll be scheduling my next growth ultrasound for the following week. :)

Less than 8 weeks left for me!!

You're getting so close!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you ladies:

I am almost 11 weeks, and I feel like I could possibly start wearing maternity pants soon. I mentioned this to my mom, and she was in shock. She said I shouldn't start showing and needing maternity pants until at least Christmas (that would put me at 22 weeks). I feel like she thinks I am doing something wrong for wearing them so soon. It isn't that my pants are that tight, it just feels restricting, and I think I might be more comfortable in something a little looser/streatchier. Keep in mind that I am in business suits every day, so in general...they aren't too comfy!

When did you all switch to maternity pants? Does anyone have recommendations as to where I should shop to find business professional clothes??

I gave in to what I like to call "fat clothes" in month 7 (I hate the phrase maternity clothes for some reason). Granted my jeans sat on my hips so I wasn't buttoning over the bulge, and I also started wearing them unbuttoned with a rubber band around month 6. I wish I'd stayed in them longer as I gained a lot more after wearing looser clothes. Oh, and I also went on a cruise in month 7.... so.... yeah.

My first baby I didn't get into maternity clothes until about 4-5 months. With my last two I have switched at 6 weeks. I find I can't stand the pressure on my stomach. You can find cute pants from lilac clothing which work both for pre/post and during. Check out motherhood maternity too. They have some cute stuff too. I say do whatever works for you. I didn't graduate to all maternity clothes until 3 months this time, but I definitely am showing much earlier than before...
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I could wear my loose jeans last week with the button undone and they were fine. But yesterday I had to put a rubber band because I thought the zipper was going to come undone.

My DH was not very satisfied to know I was putting any kind of pressure on my stomach. Although my maternity pants are super loose and I have to keep pulling them up I will wear them or workout clothes from now on. I'm not buying bigger size regular pants when I will end up with maternity anyway. My bell has grown in weird ways this time. I guess my c-section and extra belly fat caused that.:embarassed:

I've been walking a good bit these last couple of days and that is making me feel so much better. I even hit the gym 3 days this week, nothing too heavy. I'm hoping not to have a huge weight gain when I go back in 3 weeks. I've already gained so much.:frown:

But you know I can't be too focused on that, my health and the babies health is what matters.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's the day I go in for my sex determination U/S. I am so excited. I really believe it is a girl. This pregnancy has been so different, plus I've been having dreams about baby and little girls in the house. I did that with my son and it was a boy in my dreams.

:smile: