Pregnancy 2010 - October

Options

Replies

• mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I love that so many newbies have joined the group. Welcome to everyone!

I had my second Dr. appt yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat. They said everything was right on track, and so far I have gained 1/2 lb. I hope to really keep the weight gain in check, but I need to start logging food again, and I need to get moving. I also was told that I will have my anatomy scan the first week of December, so I still have a LONG wait to find out the sex.

The last few days I have had debilitating headaches, but I forgot to ask the Dr. about them. They are almost like migranes, but Tylonol doesn't do anything to stop the pain. It hurts so bad I feel like my teeth are going to fall out. Has anyone else experienced really bad headaches during pregnancy?

I took a belly pic last week, just need to figure out how to post it!

OMG - yesterday I had a TERRIBLE headache!! And they are becoming more frequent. I laid on the couch from the time I got home until about 11 at night, dozing here and there, but it never seemed to go away. It's better this morning but still sort of lingering. :grumble:
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have a doctor appointment today. I am curious to see what my weight is. If anything I think I may have just stayed the same which is what I am hoping for. I have not gained anything since 27 weeks and lost one pound since then.
  • angrypanda
    angrypanda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So far, I've logged 6 miles of walking/jogging. Got a long ways to go!

Yesterday I had a really bad stomachache all day and wasn't able to accomplish anything. Tried Tums, drinking water, etc. and nothing would help it! Argh!

I've been getting headaches, too. I tried Tylenol a couple of times but it did nothing, so I don't even bother now. They might be sinus-related. Sometimes, I use a Neti-pot to clear out my sinuses (Sometimes they don't FEEL clogged, but once I start pouring water in, I find that it's really clogged). That's helped me a few times. Other times, I've found that if I massage the sides of my head firmly for a few minutes (that's usually where my headaches are), that'll actually relieve the pain for up to an hour--sometimes permanently.

I had an appointment yesterday and we got to hear the heartbeat! It was pretty amazing. I went ahead and scheduled a 3d/4d ultrasound for this Saturday to find out the gender. I hope the baby cooperates, because I'm going 50 miles out of town for it! I had a dream last night they told me it was a girl. I keep having dreams that it's a girl (probably because I really want a boy). :laugh:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love that so many newbies have joined the group. Welcome to everyone!

I had my second Dr. appt yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat. They said everything was right on track, and so far I have gained 1/2 lb. I hope to really keep the weight gain in check, but I need to start logging food again, and I need to get moving. I also was told that I will have my anatomy scan the first week of December, so I still have a LONG wait to find out the sex.

The last few days I have had debilitating headaches, but I forgot to ask the Dr. about them. They are almost like migranes, but Tylonol doesn't do anything to stop the pain. It hurts so bad I feel like my teeth are going to fall out. Has anyone else experienced really bad headaches during pregnancy?

I took a belly pic last week, just need to figure out how to post it!

OMG - yesterday I had a TERRIBLE headache!! And they are becoming more frequent. I laid on the couch from the time I got home until about 11 at night, dozing here and there, but it never seemed to go away. It's better this morning but still sort of lingering. :grumble:

Interesting, I was the same way. My husband came home at 10:30pm from school, and I hadn't moved off the couch since he left at 4pm. He started talking to me and I just put a pillow over my head and moaned!!! Mine is still hanging around, but not nearly as bad. I am 100% sure that mine isn't bloodpreasure related because they took it yesterday when I was at the Dr. and it was perfect, so must be the hormones.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I had an appointment yesterday and we got to hear the heartbeat! It was pretty amazing. I went ahead and scheduled a 3d/4d ultrasound for this Saturday to find out the gender. I hope the baby cooperates, because I'm going 50 miles out of town for it! I had a dream last night they told me it was a girl. I keep having dreams that it's a girl (probably because I really want a boy). :laugh:

With my last I thought it was a girl and I kept having dreams that at the ultrasound we were so surprised when the turtle showed up large and definitely there...That is exactly what happened. I guess we will see if your dreams are predictive...:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of veggies anyway. The hardest thing for me is getting enough protein. I have been eating eggs every morning for breakfast and lots of low carb veggie burgers. I did not have GD with my last two pregnancies and my last daughter was 9 pounds 3 ounces! I am really hoping this baby will not grow too large!

Have you looked into whey protein? Supposedly it acts as an appetite suppressant...but if you pair it with your carbs you will get better results. I am going to order some soon so that I can start using it too my advantage. I have not been wanting to eat eggs--or make them this pregnancy. Oh Cottage Cheese is great too--I am just assuming you do milk, as you eat eggs.... :bigsmile: You need to give me some good vegie ideas as I am having a hard time eating them!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Just wanted to check in. I just completed 6 miles on the treadmill this morning. 381.75 miles to go!

I woke up with a headache this morning too. Mine have been off and on. Fortunately the tylenol worked for me this morning as it usually doesn't. I believe mine is my hormones because fortunately my BP is always fine.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I get the WORST migraines when pregnant.

It makes my vision blurry and you see those little firefly spots. It's awful. Nothing helps either. :(
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Checking back. I finally weighed myself after getting back from trip/binge. I weigh 179ish, 4 lbs heavier than I was on 10/8. Trying to freak out about it. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow. I have kept up exercising, although not quite as intensely as before. I am still doing the shred and I did yoga meltdown today. Also walking about 40 minutes each day pushing my two toddlers in their heavy pram. I am an unassisted pregnancy and birther so no dr/midwife visits to report, other than my own starting at 12 weeks.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of veggies anyway. The hardest thing for me is getting enough protein. I have been eating eggs every morning for breakfast and lots of low carb veggie burgers. I did not have GD with my last two pregnancies and my last daughter was 9 pounds 3 ounces! I am really hoping this baby will not grow too large!

Have you looked into whey protein? Supposedly it acts as an appetite suppressant...but if you pair it with your carbs you will get better results. I am going to order some soon so that I can start using it too my advantage. I have not been wanting to eat eggs--or make them this pregnancy. Oh Cottage Cheese is great too--I am just assuming you do milk, as you eat eggs.... :bigsmile: You need to give me some good vegie ideas as I am having a hard time eating them!

I have not looked into whey protein, I might check it out though. I have been eating a lot of cottage cheese and also light string cheese. As far as veggies go I usually eat some with light ranch dressing at lunch time. For dinner I have a salad loaded with veggies and also usually another cooked veggie. Broccoli is my favorite so I eat that a lot. I also make stir fry veggies with Tofu sometimes. I only use a tiny bit of rice in it though because of the carbs.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Well my headaches my definately be hormone related, my blood pressure was perfect today, Part 2 of the NT Scan went wonderful the baby is absolutely perfect. The doctor has me coming back in 5 weeks at 19w3d for what I believe will be my final scan. I asked about my anatomy scan and he said that there is no need and I would not be getting one. He said the NT scan is much more thorough. He was also pleased to announce that we are definately having a GIRL, no boy parts anywhere to be found. The tech who started the proceedure didn't see any boy parts either. I guess I am just still having a hard time believing it because I asked him, so if it doesn't have boy parts next time it's definately a girl, right? He said look here right between the legs, it is a perfect shot, the baby is definately a GIRL and it wont change! Yay!!! So excited :happy:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That is so exciting.

Like someone mentioned earlier if you think they are sinus related, use a neti pot, they are weird but work wonders.

I think my headaches are from hormones, my blood pressure is fine as well. Plus I get similar types around my period usually too from huge up and down swings of hormones.
  • DoctorLaura
    DoctorLaura Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I too have been plagued with the dreaded pregnancy headaches! :explode:

I concur with the previous posters who advocated the Neti pot :happy: My sinuses are beyond congested--they've been blocked for weeks! :sad: But according to the books and sites I've consulted, swollen nasal passages are just another unfortunate side effect of these lovely hormones we're experiencing. When I use the Neti pot regularly it really seems to help prevent the sinus headaches I get however.

Another source of my headaches has definately been tension and stress...Massages from my sweet hubby, warm baths, naps, exercise, reading, and a day off of work are some of the things I've tried to relax--all have been effective at different times. Good luck to the rest of you who are suffering through the pain!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well my headaches my definately be hormone related, my blood pressure was perfect today, Part 2 of the NT Scan went wonderful the baby is absolutely perfect. The doctor has me coming back in 5 weeks at 19w3d for what I believe will be my final scan. I asked about my anatomy scan and he said that there is no need and I would not be getting one. He said the NT scan is much more thorough. He was also pleased to announce that we are definately having a GIRL, no boy parts anywhere to be found. The tech who started the proceedure didn't see any boy parts either. I guess I am just still having a hard time believing it because I asked him, so if it doesn't have boy parts next time it's definately a girl, right? He said look here right between the legs, it is a perfect shot, the baby is definately a GIRL and it wont change! Yay!!! So excited :happy:

it's a girl!! WOO HOO!!! Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Workout is done for the day. I struggled a bit but I am glad it is over. I did 4.25 miles today 377.50 to go.

Hope you all have a happy and healthy Thursday!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    He was also pleased to announce that we are definately having a GIRL

YAY FOR GIRL! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

When my hubby and I start TTC around Christmas i will kindly ask that you throw some of that double X baby dust our way! I already have my boy...I won't deny wanting a girl next! (I've already told my hubster if it's a boy i'm giving it away:laugh: )
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    When my hubby and I start TTC around Christmas i will kindly ask that you throw some of that double X baby dust our way! I already have my boy...I won't deny wanting a girl next! (I've already told my hubster if it's a boy i'm giving it away:laugh: )
    [/quote]

Wish I could give you some advice but it was pure luck. We already have 2 boys and he kept telling me we will have a girl this time when TTC. He had refused to speak of boys names at all and said he knows its a girl. Guess he was this time, LOL!! :laugh:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I'm down 9lbs (after gaining 11.5lbs in 3 weeks, so trust me, it's water lol). I have stayed on my calorie goal and worked out 6 days in a row now!! My 32 week appointment is next week (my first mini goal was to at least not gain in the 2 weeks between the appointments).

I have exactly two months until my due date!!
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I'm down 9lbs (after gaining 11.5lbs in 3 weeks, so trust me, it's water lol). I have stayed on my calorie goal and worked out 6 days in a row now!! My 32 week appointment is next week (my first mini goal was to at least not gain in the 2 weeks between the appointments).

That is excellent! You should be very proud of yourself. I am hoping to still be going strong once I am that far along. With my first three pregnancies I took time off from exercising. I decided to go a different route this time.

What are you doing for exercise?
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

That is excellent! You should be very proud of yourself. I am hoping to still be going strong once I am that far along. With my first three pregnancies I took time off from exercising. I decided to go a different route this time.

What are you doing for exercise?

I sure wish I had been keeping track the whole time. I'm up almost 30 pounds this pregnancy still (and 22lbs left from my first son) but anyways, can't change that now. So hopefully I can at least keep the rest of the weight gain to just what he needs. :)

For exercise I have been doing a variety of things. I am doing the Couch to 5 K Program, but instead of walking/jogging I'm doing 2mph on treadmill and 3mph on treadmill intervals, 25 minutes. I am doing the 200 Sit Ups Challenge with crunches instead of sit ups. I found some walking and Jillian Michaels videos on OnDemand today and did those since I couldn't make it to the gym. I also do the elliptical and the stationary bike (I found a great interval program on there, 20 minutes and just over 100 calories). I get bored easily so I've been trying to change it up often. Plus, with kids, as I'm sure you know, your schedule doesn't always work out the way you planned, so multiple options, both at the gym and away from the gym, work better for me.