Pregnancy 2010 - October

Options

Replies

• missslyssa
    Options
    So...I am on day 16 of my cycle and it is supposed to be a "baby making" night. The only problem is I am sick with a head cold and a fever of 100. Should I take some tylenol and muddle through or hope that our previous "attempts" will work? Really wanting this to be the month! What would you do?:huh:

I don't have any great words of wisdom for you. Just wanted to say that I've been in the exact same place!! One of us won't feel well or be too tired. It's hard not to think that if you skip it won't happen that time, but I also don't like yo think of it all as a chore either. Good luck!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    kkuhly - Maybe take a nice hot bath....include the hubby in this activity :-) the heat/steam might help with both the icky cold and doing something romantic together which could help some BDing to ensue even though you feel yuck. I just got over a nasty cold and although my hub and i aren't TTC for another couple months, the very idea of doing anything but drinking tea and laying in bed did not sound appitizing.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    HI! Just checking in to wish everyone a great week and see how you're doing! :flowerforyou:
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hi girls checking in. So as far as me logging I have been terrible at it but I really need to get back to it. Went to my doctors appointment today and it went great. I passed that horrible glucose test and all the blood test work came back normal. My current weight is 189 lbs and my SW (pre-pregnancy) was 164 lbs that seems like forever ago. The doctor did suggest that I try to curb my weight gain to 2-3 lbs a month so hopefully by logging and eating a few more melons I should be okay.
    I forgot who on the boards was concerned about Maternity clothes but I just wanted to echo what the other girls said if you can get away with it try using a belly band and if it is really unbearable go out and get yourself some maternity clothes. I love liz Lang maternity pants from target but another brand I would like to suggest is DUO by JC penny my mom sent me some of their capris and tops so comfy.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Cali- Thanks for the suggestions on clothes! It is too funny because this morning I ordered a pair of pants from both Target (liz Lang) and JC Penny (Duo). You just reassured me that I am on the right track!!!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been MIA from MFP for a month! Penelope Rose was born on September 24th at 10:26 pm. She weighed 9.3 lbs. and stretched to 21 inches long. My labor story is not as intense as Angela's. By the way, Angela, way to go! But I did have a 100% natural birth. I had contractions all day on Friday and still went to work, since my contractions were about 25 minutes apart. We had professional development, so I figured I just have to sit there and take walking breaks if needed. Well, around 4:30 pm, I called my husband to pick me up and take me to the hospital. I was 5 cm dilated and 100% effaced. The doctor suggested I walked for about 2 hours in the hospital and then they would check me again. They honored my wish of having a natural birth and made sure I was comfortable. I even went in the whirlpool in my room for about 20 minuts, which felt great! My doctor broke my water around 9pm and that's when the real strong contractions began. I literally thought I was going to pass out from the pain and told my husband that I wanted to go home several times. My husband was a great coach... I asked for drugs too late and felt she was pushing herself out. When the doctor came in she didn't even have time to put her second pair of gloves on. I yelled "she's coming, somebody better catch her!" She was sure coming out on her own and then I felt like she was stuck midway, and they told me to push. Then she was finally out and I was exausted. I thought I had ripped but I didn't.

Having natural labor is not for everyone. I dont' think I would have been able to do it if my labor was longer. But I felt like a champion afterwards. Since I had no incisions or drugs in my body, I felt pretty good and was able to focus on nursing and taking care of my baby.

She nurses about every 3 hours during the day, more in the evenings. And last night, she slept a 5 hour stretch, I couldn't believe it I've lost 25 lbs since she's born and I'm hoping to start walking this week.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been MIA from MFP for a month! Penelope Rose was born on September 24th at 10:26 pm. She weighed 9.3 lbs. and stretched to 21 inches long. My labor story is not as intense as Angela's. By the way, Angela, way to go! But I did have a 100% natural birth. I had contractions all day on Friday and still went to work, since my contractions were about 25 minutes apart. We had professional development, so I figured I just have to sit there and take walking breaks if needed. Well, around 4:30 pm, I called my husband to pick me up and take me to the hospital. I was 5 cm dilated and 100% effaced. The doctor suggested I walked for about 2 hours in the hospital and then they would check me again. They honored my wish of having a natural birth and made sure I was comfortable. I even went in the whirlpool in my room for about 20 minuts, which felt great! My doctor broke my water around 9pm and that's when the real strong contractions began. I literally thought I was going to pass out from the pain and told my husband that I wanted to go home several times. My husband was a great coach... I asked for drugs too late and felt she was pushing herself out. When the doctor came in she didn't even have time to put her second pair of gloves on. I yelled "she's coming, somebody better catch her!" She was sure coming out on her own and then I felt like she was stuck midway, and they told me to push. Then she was finally out and I was exausted. I thought I had ripped but I didn't.

Having natural labor is not for everyone. I dont' think I would have been able to do it if my labor was longer. But I felt like a champion afterwards. Since I had no incisions or drugs in my body, I felt pretty good and was able to focus on nursing and taking care of my baby.

She nurses about every 3 hours during the day, more in the evenings. And last night, she slept a 5 hour stretch, I couldn't believe it I've lost 25 lbs since she's born and I'm hoping to start walking this week.

Congratulations, yessie!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I've been wondering how you've been doing! She's beautiful! You rock for 100% natural childbirth. That's what I'm shooting for...so any suggestions you could throw this way would be MUCH appreciated! Enjoy your time at home with your little miracle! :smile:
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Aww Yessie She is adorable! Congrats! WTG on the natural birth! Sounds like she was just ready to come and wasn't willing to wait on anyone! :laugh:
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    That's incredible Yessie and congrats on your blessing!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Yessie!! She is beautiful!!!!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

You are so awesome. Wow what a woman. I felt so impressed and inspired by your birthing story. I am scared to have a vaginal delivery, and knowing that you succeeded with a natural delivery, I know I can do a medicated vaginal, hopefully instead of another c section.

The baby is a big ole baby like mine was, she is quite beautiful. And you are the bomb for going to work that is unbelievable.

Oh and 25 lbs that is awesome.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hooray for happy baby stories. I have heard quite a few sad ones lately so I needed a boost!!! Congrats Yessie. She is beautiful! Take advantage of the time you have now, it goes by too quickly!!
  • misskatieanne
    misskatieanne Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well done Yessie! baby looks gorgeous you must be very proud, welcome back! xx
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Such a precious little girl Yessie. You are totally amazing for getting her out naturally, I admire you for that. I keep telling myself I want a natural birth this time but not sure I can handle it. I hope you get to enjoy every minute with your sweet bundle of joy and get to relax some before you have to go back to work. Congrats, congrats, congrats. :flowerforyou:
  • ckmama
    Options
    I go today for my checkup. 15 weeks 2 days, I will be relieved to hear the heart beat again.:smooched: Since my last appointment I have felt so much better and so not pregnant.

I would love to have an U/S today to find out the sex, but I don't see that happening. I have one of those private company ones scheduled for 17 weeks to find out the sex. My dr. said my next U/S wouldn't be until around 20-22 weeks, and I would really love to know, so impatient.:tongue:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Yessie - she's so beautiful! Congratulations :heart: I love the name you chose as well!
    I can't believe you went natural - that's so impressive! I'm so very happy for you!

CK Mama - good luck!

Everyone else - when do we get to see updated belly pics?!?
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You guys are so uplifting :blushing:
  • angrypanda
    angrypanda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would love to have an U/S today to find out the sex, but I don't see that happening. I have one of those private company ones scheduled for 17 weeks to find out the sex. My dr. said my next U/S wouldn't be until around 20-22 weeks, and I would really love to know, so impatient.:tongue:

I know what you mean. I just had my NT Scan this week. I was hoping to get a hint about the gender, but the technician told me she's hesitant to say anything because a friend of hers did and was wrong--then the couple came back several weeks later, angry that she was wrong about the gender. She said she'd see me back in 10 weeks. 10 weeks!? I am going to go crazy waiting that long. I have no patience, either. I was even thinking about buying one those at-home kits that gives you a gender prediction, but it's only 90% accurate.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yessie - Welcome back, and your little angel is adorable! Congratulations for doing it all natural. I always thought that wasn't for me, until I learned last night that my mom did it with both me and my brother. I feel like if she can do it, I can do it!! SO, any tips you have are more than welcome.

jalara- I haven't taken a single belly pic yet....and I know I should. I guess you are giving me the push I need to get out the camera and do it. (not that mine is very big yet, but when I put my hands in my jacket pockets yesterday, my hands hit belly, so there is a difference after all)!!
  • ckmama
    Options

I know what you mean. I just had my NT Scan this week. I was hoping to get a hint about the gender, but the technician told me she's hesitant to say anything because a friend of hers did and was wrong--then the couple came back several weeks later, angry that she was wrong about the gender. She said she'd see me back in 10 weeks. 10 weeks!? I am going to go crazy waiting that long. I have no patience, either. I was even thinking about buying one those at-home kits that gives you a gender prediction, but it's only 90% accurate.

I don't think the urine test are that accurate. You would do better going to one of the 3d U/S places for $79 here they will do a 2D and they guarantee the sex of the baby starting at 17 weeks or your money back. The urine test cost $35 or $40 I think.

My doctor scheduled mine for 20 weeks which is 5 more weeks away so I am going to go ahead and pay the $79 to have the u/s privately to find out the sex. That will be in about a week and a half. I am just too excited. We got to hear the heartbeat, love it, and it was moving quite a bit. It was really a fast checkup appointment. I was actually done before my appt. time was even scheduled to be there.

I went early though. That doesn't always happen. LOL