Pregnancy 2010 - October

Options

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    What a great story Angela, I hope that your recovery has been doing well. When do you have to return to work? Are you nursing and will you be pumping? I think that is what I worry about most is that I am able to nurse this time and with work I worry about pumping.

I return to work December 13th ... right before the holidays *sigh. I am nursing and pumping and have a portable pumping set that I'll take with me to work. I'm hoping to feed him breast milk for up to a year.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    For those of you who have recently conceived I'm just curious how many months of TTC did you have to endure?

This is only my second month of TTC and AF showed so we weren't successful this month. It's a really big bummer :(

we conceived our first month of trying using the rhythm method (basal body temperature and checking cervical fluid)
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been MIA from MFP for a month! Penelope Rose was born on September 24th at 10:26 pm. She weighed 9.3 lbs. and stretched to 21 inches long. My labor story is not as intense as Angela's. By the way, Angela, way to go! But I did have a 100% natural birth. I had contractions all day on Friday and still went to work, since my contractions were about 25 minutes apart. We had professional development, so I figured I just have to sit there and take walking breaks if needed. Well, around 4:30 pm, I called my husband to pick me up and take me to the hospital. I was 5 cm dilated and 100% effaced. The doctor suggested I walked for about 2 hours in the hospital and then they would check me again. They honored my wish of having a natural birth and made sure I was comfortable. I even went in the whirlpool in my room for about 20 minuts, which felt great! My doctor broke my water around 9pm and that's when the real strong contractions began. I literally thought I was going to pass out from the pain and told my husband that I wanted to go home several times. My husband was a great coach... I asked for drugs too late and felt she was pushing herself out. When the doctor came in she didn't even have time to put her second pair of gloves on. I yelled "she's coming, somebody better catch her!" She was sure coming out on her own and then I felt like she was stuck midway, and they told me to push. Then she was finally out and I was exausted. I thought I had ripped but I didn't.

Having natural labor is not for everyone. I dont' think I would have been able to do it if my labor was longer. But I felt like a champion afterwards. Since I had no incisions or drugs in my body, I felt pretty good and was able to focus on nursing and taking care of my baby.

She nurses about every 3 hours during the day, more in the evenings. And last night, she slept a 5 hour stretch, I couldn't believe it I've lost 25 lbs since she's born and I'm hoping to start walking this week.

Yessie - wow, congrats! She is beautiful!!! You are a trooper for doing it natural, I wanted to but didn't make it! Congrats on making your goal!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    here's my update

Pre-pregnancy weight: 162lbs
    End of pregnancy weight: 207lbs-ish (I can't remember the exact number)
    pregnancy gain: 45lbs
    Current weight: 175lbs (30lbs down) at 3 1/2 weeks post partum

I can't start doing a lot of exercise until my 6 week post op appointment. I had a post delivery suture infection that was really painful the week after giving birth so I'm wondering if that will affect my recovery and ability to work out right away. I have been walking,b ut only make it about 20 minutes at a slow pace before my groin starts hurting too bad. We shall see!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    here's my update

Pre-pregnancy weight: 162lbs
    End of pregnancy weight: 207lbs-ish (I can't remember the exact number)
    pregnancy gain: 45lbs
    Current weight: 175lbs (30lbs down) at 3 1/2 weeks post partum

I can't start doing a lot of exercise until my 6 week post op appointment. I had a post delivery suture infection that was really painful the week after giving birth so I'm wondering if that will affect my recovery and ability to work out right away. I have been walking,b ut only make it about 20 minutes at a slow pace before my groin starts hurting too bad. We shall see!

That is awesome Angela, you will definately have all of your pregnancy weight off before going back to work. I think it is great that you are able to keep up the supply to nurse Ayden. I am also planning on nursing for a year I just worry about suppy after returning to work so I'll be looking to you for advice in that area. Your little man is so adorable, enjoy all your time because going back to work is always the hardest.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm new to MFP. I'm almost 31 weeks pregnant with my third. I joined to keep a better handle on my weight gain (hoping for 1lb/week, however I'm up 36.5lbs as of my last DR appointment at 30 weeks; not too bad except I didn't gain anything until 18 weeks, so it's coming on pretty fast). I have just over 8 weeks until my c section.
    Of course once baby is here, I'm going to have a lot to lose (the projected 45lbs from this pregnancy, 22lbs left from my son's pregnancy last year, and an extra 18lbs I want to lose before conceiving again-so 85lbs total or so).
    I have a just turned 2 year old girl, almost 1 year old boy, and am due with boy #2 12/21.

Hope it's okay if I join in here!
  • darcibean
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm new to this thread, I see my friend Amanda already jumped in as well :)

I am currently TTC and we are on our 5th cycle. I have endometriosis with a family history of PCOS. I want to lose weight while on the journey of TTC so I can be healthier and more fit. I plan on keeping track of my calories while pregnant to help maintain a normal weight gain. My daughter just turned 2...and I'm ready to lose the baby weight. I gained 85lbs with her and lost 75 in the 2 days I was in the hospital with her. I gained a little bit of weight after having her due to PPD. Then I just ate whatever because I didn't care anymore.

Now I am eating 1200-1300 calories a day along with doing "The 30 Day Shred." I have lost almost 8lbs in a little over 2 weeks.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Just wanted to say hi as I haven't been back on this thread for awhile.

I want to congratulate the ladies who have recently had their little ones!

I am currently 14 weeks with our fourth child. I haven't gained anything yet and I am sure that is because nothing sounds good to eat. I didn't have morning sickness thankfully but just haven't wanted to eat much. I currently weigh 140 and hope not to gain too much this time around.

Today I walked on the treadmill for 3.5 miles and I set a goal for myself. My goal is to walk 400 miles before my due date on April 17th. Anyone want to join me?

Hope you all are having a nice weekend! And I look forward to getting to "know" everyone.
  • kkuhly
    kkuhly Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday and I am now at 224.6 down from 231 five weeks ago. We are currently on day 21 of our 6th cycle of trying to conceive. Hoping for a sweet treat to roll around at Halloween! How many other women are trying to conceive? How long did it take everybody alse to become pregnant?
  • angrypanda
    angrypanda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Just wanted to say hi as I haven't been back on this thread for awhile.

I want to congratulate the ladies who have recently had their little ones!

I am currently 14 weeks with our fourth child. I haven't gained anything yet and I am sure that is because nothing sounds good to eat. I didn't have morning sickness thankfully but just haven't wanted to eat much. I currently weigh 140 and hope not to gain too much this time around.

Today I walked on the treadmill for 3.5 miles and I set a goal for myself. My goal is to walk 400 miles before my due date on April 17th. Anyone want to join me?

Hope you all are having a nice weekend! And I look forward to getting to "know" everyone.

I'm due right around the same time as you. I'd like to join you, but possibly set a different goal. I fell into quite a rut the last couple months because I was feeling awful. But I just started to get back on the treadmill this week and was able to do some very light jogging and walking.

-Nicole
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I weighed on Friday and was at 154.6...so I suppose last week's weigh in was just one of those days where it was flucuating. I still have only gained 1.2 lbs and am 15 weeks. I am definitely getting bigger though becuase I can't wear any of my regular clothes (thankfully I had lost weight before and can wear my bigger pants). I think it's about time for maternity clothes, I really need to go get some because a lot of things are just uncomfortable now.

Anyway, today is 2 years for me and my wonderful hubby! :heart: Not sure what our plans are for today but we had talked about going to the fair. Mmmmmm, fair food! Today might be one of those indulgence days!! I can taste the corn dog and funnel cake already... :laugh:

Hope you ladies had a great weekend!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

I'm due right around the same time as you. I'd like to join you, but possibly set a different goal. I fell into quite a rut the last couple months because I was feeling awful. But I just started to get back on the treadmill this week and was able to do some very light jogging and walking.

-Nicole

That would be great Nicole. I would defnitely love some company.

Today I just completed 3.5 miles and burned 418 calories. So I have 393 miles to go! :)

Hope everyone has a great day and I am sending baby wishes to those who are trying to conceive.

Bethe
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I lost 5 lbs this weekend--but it was the stomach flu this time. If I had to pick between the flu and M/s I would pick m/s everytime! It has been miserable. I still don't dare eat for fear it will come right back up...Luckily I do feel better this morning.... On a plus side I felt the baby quite a bit last night while just laying around. It is still hard to tell baby vs gut but I was pretty sure last night. I think we will be having a quiet dinner of soup or something like that tonight.

Best of luck to you TTC--Don't get stressed about it, just enjoy the ride!

I send healthy thoughts to the rest of you!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday and I am now at 224.6 down from 231 five weeks ago. We are currently on day 21 of our 6th cycle of trying to conceive. Hoping for a sweet treat to roll around at Halloween! How many other women are trying to conceive? How long did it take everybody alse to become pregnant?

I am actively TTC. DH and I are on our 3rd cycle
    but for this month we're just taking the science
    out of it all and kinda just winging it. :laugh:
    I am hoping to be PG before the holidays.
    Baby dust to all who are TTC!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    wow look at all you ladies go....
    It's so great to see all the new people, welcome!
    For those trying to lose weight before TTC, we have a Fit for Future families forum that is a sister forum to this one. Jalara has the link on page 4.
    Yessie -- what an inspiring story, you are really one tough cookie.
    Angela -- I'm sorry you are in pain, but I'm sure you'll be back to your pre-preggo self in no time.
    Good luck to all the moms to be, and yes, belly pics please!!!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    melbhall - Congratulations! As for your calories, you'll be good until you speak to your doctor (if you are comfortable with that). What some do is switch to maintenance until they speak to their doctor. You don't need more calories in the first trimester anyway, and if you are consider overweight or obese (not to say that you are either one) than the doc will give you a modified expectation of weight gain anyhow.

Mangoaddict - welcome! We have a TTC group that stemmed from this one: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/123895-fit-for-future-families-2?page=8 - I like to bounce from one to the other!

Renae - Welcome and congratulations!

Thanks for the reply! I guess I will just try to stick to my current plan. I'm seeing the doc next week!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Hello again! I was out of town last week, dh and I went away to New Orleans. I ate more than I should, but walked many miles a day. I am hesitant to step on the scale! I am now almost 6 weeks along.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Mamatoabunch-- I live north of N.O. and I know you had to do lots of walking there. So I think that you probably burned all that food off.

Deb- sorry you got so sick that is aweful. I have been feeling the baby here and there this past weekend.

I have been so emotional with this pregnancy. Really just all over the map. I wasn't like that with my first one. I think some of the weight gain has been caused by it, because I eat every time I start to worry. If I could just chill out I would be better off.
  • AmandaR910
    Options

With our DD we tried for 5 cycles (6 months), with DS it happened first month. This time, we conceived first and second cycles (I have 40+ day cycles) but had miscarriages. On the third cycle, we got pregnant and stayed pregnant with some medical assistance. :)

I'm doing great so far. I have lost a lot of what I'm 99% sure was water weight. My goal is to make it to my next appointment without a gain from my previous appointment (they are every 2 weeks).
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I put up a new photo from yesterday, it was raining off and on (uggh what a horrible hair day) You can see how much my belly has grown and is pretty defined, definately don't look like 15 weeks preggo. I will take a belly shot this Sunday (16 weeks). Come on girls lets get some baby bump photos :happy: