Mean rude people at the pool!!!!

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I was at the pool swimming and diving, and after I finished I walked past the lifeguard on the way out, who asked me, "you used to dive?"

I was like, "What is that supposed to mean? Are you calling me old? Or are you saying I'm not good enough to dive anymore?"

How are people like that allowed to walk around and breathe the same air as the rest of us who aren't mean and rude?

I was leaving the gym last week and one of the employees (I think he might be a trainer) came our of the office near the front door as I was walkign toward it. He had a bag of garbage and was walking in the opposite direction. When he saw me, he went back to the front door and held it open for me.

I'm considering filing a complaint and leaving the gym. I just can't keep going back to that kind of environment.
  • WaKay
    WaKay Posts: 314
    Options
    I was wearing an Army Airborne shirt a few months ago, and this guy out of nowhere says “you used to be Airborne”? I blew up and just punched him in the face, screaming “what do you mean “used to”, do I look too old to jump out of a plane?” Idiot!!!!!! Sigh…

SOMEONE HAS ANGER ISSUES!! LOL
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    My sister worked with a young kid (she was in her 50s) and he said, "I bet you used to be hot." Ouch.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym and a trainer said that i'm so fit I could train to be a bikini competitor.

"COULD" !!??!!??!!!

What is that supposed to mean. Why is the trainer insulting me!!!

Then someone told me I had a pretty face. What!!!??? Why are they insulting my body!!! Then someone told me I had a nice body, so I lost it and yelled, "What's wrong with my face!!!"
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I was at the pool swimming and diving, and after I finished I walked past the lifeguard on the way out, who asked me, "you used to dive?"

I was like, "What is that supposed to mean? Are you calling me old? Or are you saying I'm not good enough to dive anymore?"

How are people like that allowed to walk around and breathe the same air as the rest of us who aren't mean and rude?

I was leaving the gym last week and one of the employees (I think he might be a trainer) came our of the office near the front door as I was walkign toward it. He had a bag of garbage and was walking in the opposite direction. When he saw me, he went back to the front door and held it open for me.

I'm considering filing a complaint and leaving the gym. I just can't keep going back to that kind of environment.
    I can't believe he called you weak and helpless like that. I hope he gets fired when they find out what a jerk he is.
  • rml_16
    Options

I can't believe he called you weak and helpless like that. I hope he gets fired when they find out what a jerk he is.
    Exactly.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ahhhh nvm.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Someone saw me finish a quarter pounder and they were like "wow, did you used to be fat?".

Eta: this is a troll thread, guys, responding to a now-deleted thread from last night.

can someone give a summary of said thread... or at least tell me what compliment the OP took as an insult in that thread

OP was 18 year old girl who received a PM from another member. In the opening of the PM the sender commented on the OP "getting started early having kids" because she's a mum.

OP posts a thread "omg why is everyone so rude" where everyone told her to sit the hell down and stop being so sensitive, because the message was merely stating an observed fact.

OP's thread got deleted because it degraded into LOLOL MEAN PEOPLE LOLOLOL GIFS

OP made another thread *****ing about her thread being deleted.

That thread has degraded into gifs and is awaiting deletion.

I'd take it as a compliment if someone said that to me because I had my first age 30 :laugh:

That just reminded me. I got insulted by a crotchety old man for having a baby later in life (I was 40). He looked me right in the eye and said 'It's women like you who the problem with this country, you know.' I assume he meant I was selfishly devoted to my career rather than pregnant at 18. In truth, I hadn't met my husband until I was 36. I'm sure that would have been a wasted explanation on this guy though. I was too speechless to answer.

yeah that's actually rude.... :grumble:

you're probably right at wasted explanation.... and it's none of his business anyway. In the past women kept on having babies until the menopause stopped them, so it's not even anything new having babies later in life. By age 40 they might be on kid no 8 or so. Nothing new... family planning has greatly improved life for people. My dad's paternal grandmother died from complications of childbirth after kid number 11. My granddad and all his siblings were raised by the oldest daughter who was 12 at the time and the oldest son had to quit school to go and work to help support the family, and both my grandparents were in jobs with wages by age 14 and my dad''s mother had to skip school to help look after younger siblings before that.... yep I think family planning is a good thing....

My brother is 13 years younger than I am. When he was 2 I was shopping for Christmas presents with my boyfriend and we had my brother with us to keep him out of my mom's hair for a while. A woman actually walked up to me and started lecturing me about how I should be ashamed of myself and I was clearly too young to be having children.

I looked her dead in the eye and said, "I agree ma'am that's why I don't have any."

Face = PRICELESS!
  • rml_16
    Options
    My brother is 13 years younger than I am. When he was 2 I was shopping for Christmas presents with my boyfriend and we had my brother with us to keep him out of my mom's hair for a while. A woman actually walked up to me and started lecturing me about how I should be ashamed of myself and I was clearly too young to be having children.

I looked her dead in the eye and said, "I agree ma'am that's why I don't have any."

Face = PRICELESS!

I actually had a baby at 17 and nothing like that ever happened!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Yesterday I was talking with someone and she told me she was in a dance group for people 55 plus. She said to me, "Thirty more years till you can join. Am I right?" I said that actually I'm 36. She said, "You're 36. Wow, you look good!"

What!?!? Is she saying I wouldn't look good if I was 11 years younger!!!

Then someone told me I had a tiny waist and a nice bum and that men usually appreciate a nice bum. I don't even know how to make sense of that insult.
  • rml_16
    Options

Then someone told me I had a tiny waist and a nice bum and that men usually appreciate a nice bum. I don't even know how to make sense of that insult.
    Did you at least tell your bum about it? I mean, it's tough being a bum and a nice compliment every once in while will make him feel better.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Did you at least tell your bum about it? I mean, it's tough being a bum and a nice compliment every once in while will make him feel better.

:laugh: :wink: :tongue:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Face = PRICELESS!

I generally attribute it to a southern big hair/bigger mouths issue. I grew up in a church where most of the ladies would be more than happy to tell you everything you're doing wrong with your life, in explicit detail....

I'm usually not very good with the snappy come back, but I remain proud of that one to this day.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Face = PRICELESS!

I generally attribute it to a southern big hair/bigger mouths issue. I grew up in a church where most of the ladies would be more than happy to tell you everything you're doing wrong with your life, in explicit detail....

I'm usually not very good with the snappy come back, but I remain proud of that one to this day.

Yeah, I don't know why it varies. I got a lot of comments and lectures when I was pregnant and a new mom because of people thinking I was 10 years younger. People are strange.
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think if you see such a comment as a criticism rather than a compliment, it says more about your own mind set than theirs. Generally if someone is unable to accept a compliment or does not 'see' the compliment at all - I would say there is low self esteem.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    I was at the gym and a trainer said that i'm so fit I could train to be a bikini competitor.

"COULD" !!??!!??!!!

What is that supposed to mean. Why is the trainer insulting me!!!

Then someone told me I had a pretty face. What!!!??? Why are they insulting my body!!! Then someone told me I had a nice body, so I lost it and yelled, "What's wrong with my face!!!"
    Finally someone else gets it. Why do people think it's your fault if someone says something mean to you?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe he actually said that to you!! Insinuating that you're no longer good enough to be a diver!!

Hater's gonna hate!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    Jesus!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    how did you deduce all that malice from that one sentence?

When mean people say something things, it's really easy to discern the level of malice in their statement. You'll see this often on the forums here too.