Fat Positivity?

Options

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    some of you are nothing but hypocrites......one minute you said fat people are delusional because the attacks and bashings are only in their heads.....not 2 minutes later another a&&hole post something to slam fat people.....well which one is it…..are the fat people delusional or are they right in their feelings…..you can't have it both ways….if they were so delusional then why have this thread made it to seven pages and counting…..you c.o.c.k roaches should crawl back into your holes…..society has victimized yes victimized fat people for as long as I can remember and I am 73 years old……fat people have never ask no body to throw them a f&ucking parade…...they want society to respect them and leave them the f&ck alone……I bet many of you don’t clean you dirty houses on a regular basis but have time to bash fat people…....go make sure your kids aren’t doing drugs behind your back…..getting catch up on sniffing glue……or making babies before adulthood……if fat people want to have a group to vent its none of your goddam business……none of you are paying their for it……are you……skinny people have high blood pressure……diabeties…..hooked on cigarettes…..drugs…….lupus…..etc……..but fat people are the problem……..HA….…I bet if all fat people would lost weight then you nasty mother f&ckers would turn your venom on another group of people………who will it be…….blacks again…..mexicans……women…… hispanics……interracial couples………it will be somebody else for sure and you all know it…….you think because you are smaller in size you got some kind of GOD complex....now you can bow beat fat people into submission with your load of bulls.h.i.t and insults....fat chance....you bashers are a bunch of rotten stinky bigot t.w.a.t.s because you can’t burn off enough fat to hide your ugliness

well then

/thread

eta: it actually gets funnier every time I read it.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I have to say, there is something I do notice about fat shamers. They will say something negative about a person walking around being overweight and how it's unhealthy and drives up healthcare costs for everyone. But they'll never go into a convenience store and rail against the cashier working such a dangerous job and the possible cost if she gets shot in the head by some robber and lands in the ICU. They just buy their gas and go on their way. Likewise, when they find out someone drives a truck for a living, they don't spout statistics about the dangers of working in transportation and the healthcare costs that might be passed on to them. They don't shout out their window at every passing semi, "Quit your job! Have some discipline!" So most fat shamers don't care about health at all. They're just arses. Only listen to three people on the issue of weight: Your friends, your family, your doctor. And you get the final say.

It's their fault for choosing such bad jobs in the first place. They don't *have* to work there. There is welfare.

Or revolution. Doesn't change the fact that people with hazardous jobs aren't getting harassed while people at a dangerous weight do face harassment. Why is that?

How do you know they aren't???

The supposed omniscience of so many posters in this thread is phenomenal.

(Of course, I also don't see hazardous jobs workers banding together online to proclaim that no one should dare even to comment on their lifestyle choice because it's theirs and theirs alone to make, consequences to everyone else be damned. Perhaps this is the distinction that leads to your difference in perception.)

Oh I do hope they are. I will join in.

Anyway, I think the real distinction is that when someone sees another person endangering herself in a way that is usable, they won't say a word, but if someone endangers herself for her own enjoyment (whether it be alcohol, drugs, food, starting revolutions, or jumping off bridges) suddenly certain people get grouchy about it and if called on it, they get defensive, 'well it drives up medical care for all of us, yeah, that's why I'm being an abrasive rude jerk. Yep! Just tryin to help.' And I figure that's something I should call people like that out on. Sure, they're welcome to their own opinion, I certainly have mine, but the ones who get loud and nasty about it are just bullies enjoying bullying those who are socially not protected.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're angry... I was gonna let this thread go without replying but... you grouped lupus in with being addicted to cigarettes, drugs etc... That one just made me scratch my head. Lupus is an autoimmune disorder where the body basically attacks itself. It's a disease, not a bad lifestyle choice... and your prolific use of... ellipses (triple periods)... is... contaminating my own writing style... oh dear...

Because of the ellipses, I hear William Shatner reading that epic post.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I have to say, there is something I do notice about fat shamers. They will say something negative about a person walking around being overweight and how it's unhealthy and drives up healthcare costs for everyone. But they'll never go into a convenience store and rail against the cashier working such a dangerous job and the possible cost if she gets shot in the head by some robber and lands in the ICU. They just buy their gas and go on their way. Likewise, when they find out someone drives a truck for a living, they don't spout statistics about the dangers of working in transportation and the healthcare costs that might be passed on to them. They don't shout out their window at every passing semi, "Quit your job! Have some discipline!" So most fat shamers don't care about health at all. They're just arses. Only listen to three people on the issue of weight: Your friends, your family, your doctor. And you get the final say.

It's their fault for choosing such bad jobs in the first place. They don't *have* to work there. There is welfare.

Or revolution. Doesn't change the fact that people with hazardous jobs aren't getting harassed while people at a dangerous weight do face harassment. Why is that?

(Of course, I also don't see hazardous jobs workers banding together online to proclaim that no one should dare even to comment on their lifestyle choice because it's theirs and theirs alone to make, consequences to everyone else be damned. Perhaps this is the distinction that leads to your difference in perception.)

Anyway, I think the real distinction is that when someone sees another person endangering herself in a way that is usable, they won't say a word, but if someone endangers herself for her own enjoyment (whether it be alcohol, drugs, food, starting revolutions, or jumping off bridges) suddenly certain people get grouchy about it and if called on it, they get defensive, 'well it drives up medical care for all of us, yeah, that's why I'm being an abrasive rude jerk. Yep! Just tryin to help.' And I figure that's something I should call people like that out on. Sure, they're welcome to their own opinion, I certainly have mine, but the ones who get loud and nasty about it are just bullies enjoying bullying those who are socially not protected.

So quick and so definite in your judgment of the motives of these unnamed "bullies".

Perception is a powerful bias.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I obviously haven't gone through and read all the pages of replies - sounds like there are probably some real rippers and other zingers.

A WW leader I once had used to call people who were thin and never seemed to have a weight problem "Size One Civilians". She didn't mean it as a slam, she was just teasing - she lost over 150 pounds.

I tend to agree that if people could punch a button to morph their body into their ideal body, they would do it. I don't think anybody *chooses* to be obese. If you ask anybody who is (including myself) if this is how they thought things would have turned out, not one would say yes.

In my someone limited experience, it just seems like so many people don't want to be the size they are, but either don't want to do the work, or maybe are scared to do the work.

I'm not against weight loss surgery, but people will get lap-bands, and have gastric bypass surgeries, as if that's going to be the magic bullet that suddenly works and makes them skinny. They don't realize that the surgery is just a tool. You need to pound a nail into the wall, get a hammer, but it has to be the right size hammer. You don't need a sledgehammer to drive in a nail to hang a picture.

You want to try to lose weight, yes, you can get one of the weight loss surgeries. Yes, it'll take time to figure out which one is for you. HOWEVER: any of those surgeries STILL REQUIRE effort in CHANGING your eating habits.

Just some thoughts I had.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're angry... I was gonna let this thread go without replying but... you grouped lupus in with being addicted to cigarettes, drugs etc... That one just made me scratch my head. Lupus is an autoimmune disorder where the body basically attacks itself. It's a disease, not a bad lifestyle choice... and your prolific use of... ellipses (triple periods)... is... contaminating my own writing style... oh dear...
    tumblr_inline_mteae1xr331r80p9c.gif
  • ublanchard
    Options
    This thread is going in some directions I don't want to touch but I think people are conflating "health" and "being healthy" with "fit" and "fitness". I think they are two different things. Or that they overlap but are not exactly the same. Fitness is about cardiovascular ability and strength. But health is harder for me to pin down. Having blood markers that are in the normal range? A lack of any medical conditions? Is a person with asthma unhealthy? A person with rheumatoid arthritis but who exercises as they can? Doctors must mean something specific when they call a patient healthy. Are there any medical professionals who care to comment?
    but so many HAES people believe that fat pride means they can stay fat (unhealthy)
    I have yet to see any evidence that being fat is ALWAYS unhealthy, which is what you are asserting here. Fat can mean unhealthy, and thin can mean unhealthy, and people who have middling weights can be unhealthy. From where does your knowledge that fat is always unhealthy come?
    oh cheezus take the wheel.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

i hear the old guy telling you boney b.i.t.c.h.e.s to live and let live................

I sincerely believe that you have some serious issues that aren't going to be resolved in the MFP forums.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Surprised this thread hasn't been shut down yet given the recent posting by certain people. Also, please stop with the ellipses... Complete sentences... And proper punctuation... They are your friend... Please use them...
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

So quick and so definite in your judgment of the motives of these unnamed "bullies".

Perception is a powerful bias.

You might be right. I did after all grow up in a hyper-capitalist culture that only values people for how useful they are. That could warp my perception quite a lot. Maybe someone scowling at a fat woman as she eats her burger is really thinking, "Wow, what a shame, an intrinsically valuable human appears to be risking her health, which could leave her less time to enjoy herself in this wonderful world that we all share. Should I go over and remind her how valuable her life is to her and express my concern that she won't get the most personal fulfillment out of it if she doesn't moderate her calories?"
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mteae1xr331r80p9c.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    some of you are nothing but hypocrites......one minute you said fat people are delusional because the attacks and bashings are only in their heads.....not 2 minutes later another a&&hole post something to slam fat people.....well which one is it…..are the fat people delusional or are they right in their feelings…..you can't have it both ways….if they were so delusional then why have this thread made it to seven pages and counting…..you c.o.c.k roaches should crawl back into your holes…..society has victimized yes victimized fat people for as long as I can remember and I am 73 years old……fat people have never ask no body to throw them a f&ucking parade…...they want society to respect them and leave them the f&ck alone……I bet many of you don’t clean you dirty houses on a regular basis but have time to bash fat people…....go make sure your kids aren’t doing drugs behind your back…..getting catch up on sniffing glue……or making babies before adulthood……if fat people want to have a group to vent its none of your goddam business……none of you are paying their for it……are you……skinny people have high blood pressure……diabeties…..hooked on cigarettes…..drugs…….lupus…..etc……..but fat people are the problem……..HA….…I bet if all fat people would lost weight then you nasty mother f&ckers would turn your venom on another group of people………who will it be…….blacks again…..mexicans……women…… hispanics……interracial couples………it will be somebody else for sure and you all know it…….you think because you are smaller in size you got some kind of GOD complex....now you can bow beat fat people into submission with your load of bulls.h.i.t and insults....fat chance....you bashers are a bunch of rotten stinky bigot t.w.a.t.s because you can’t burn off enough fat to hide your ugliness

Strong first post.

.....and what is your point.....do you think this is the first time i have cross bigots in my life.......for someone to claim fat people are delusional then why are you still posting......since it not real.....only a figment of their imagination

I don't know you, but based on your five posts so far, I realize there is ZERO chance of you understanding the nuanced topic at hand. I suspect now the only motivation anyone has for even acknowledging you exist on this site is to entice you to make more deranged postings so that your ban will come more swiftly. Your posts are full of hate and vile, and have been direct attacks on users of this site...the kind of activity with which MFP TPTB do not put up.

So I say to you, good day.

I said, good day, sir.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    Options

well then

/thread

....i rather be funny then making people feel like s.h.i.t because my life is empty like yours.......if you had so much happiness going on in your life because you are not fat then you wouldn't have time to preach your sermons to others about being fat and how they should loss weight.......

eh, 2/10. Would not read again. Solid attempt though

PS- your profile says you are 64, you might want to change that inconsistency if you want to troll on.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

well then

/thread

....i rather be funny then making people feel like s.h.i.t because my life is empty like yours.......if you had so much happiness going on in your life because you are not fat then you wouldn't have time to preach your sermons to others about being fat and how they should loss weight.......

eh, 2/10. Would not read again. Solid attempt though

PS- your profile says you are 64, you might want to change that inconsistency if you want to troll on.

(Shhh! You'll ruin the fun.)
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options

i hear the old guy telling you boney b.i.t.c.h.e.s to live and let live................

I sincerely believe that you have some serious issues that aren't going to be resolved in the MFP forums.

...right back at you bigot......

My assumption based on the lack of profile information, first posting, and age discrepancy between post and profile is that this is a troll. However, the irony is still here that you are calling people names and yet yelling at people for apparently doing the same. Oddly enough, prior to you entering the forum, very little name calling was being done. Is this a hot issue topic? Well, yes it is so you will get strong opinions from both sides. I'm not sure anyone's post was filled with hate until you came in.

On a personal note, if my mother who is 62 or my grandmother who is 86 talked like you did, I would be utterly embarassed. My child also doesn't do drugs or sniff glue and I keep a clean house.

Just like everyone else in the world, I also get judged based on nonsense from time to time. Sometimes for being a woman. Sometimes for having *gasp* an biracial child. Sometimes for being blonde. And.... so what? I don't know that most people here are judging people for being overweight....simply debating that they are healthy/unhealthy and how that all works.

I don't believe you can be obese and healthy long term. Doesn't mean I judge someone who is obese or think they are lazy or "victimize" them.

Where did you even come up with this crap?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Strong first post.

.....and what is your point.....do you think this is the first time i have cross bigots in my life.......for someone to claim fat people are delusional then why are you still posting......since it not real.....only a figment of their imagination

I don't know you, but based on your five posts so far, I realize there is ZERO chance of you understanding the nuanced topic at hand. I suspect now the only motivation anyone has for even acknowledging you exist on this site is to entice you to make more deranged postings so that your ban will come more swiftly. Your posts are full of hate and vile, and have been direct attacks on users of this site...the kind of activity with which MFP TPTB do not put up.

I said, good day, sir.

oooooohhhhh.......i am soooooooo scared.........not........but here you are still replying to me......idot much?..................if the moderators haven't had problems with you bigots bashing fat people who chose to be fat then screw them for having issues with me........this thread should have been pulled a long time ago.....do you think i give a rats a&& about being banned from this site.....what kind of moderators allow this s.h.i.t to go on for 7 pages......nuanced topic my a&&......if "nuanced topic" is the new method bigots use to shadow their bigotry then you're right.....i guess it is the "nuanced topic"......you could go ahead with all of your f.u.c.k.e.d up philosphosy all you want........it is still slamming fat people who are fat......go ahead and play with your big words and make me and a few others laugh some more.......

Please quote a single post of mine that showcases this bigotry you seem so passionate about.

(...but quickly, please, because I'm afraid your time here is truly short.)
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Strong first post.

I said, good day, sir.

oooooohhhhh.......i am soooooooo scared.........not........but here you are still replying to me......idot much?..................if the moderators haven't had problems with you bigots bashing fat people who chose to be fat then screw them for having issues with me........this thread should have been pulled a long time ago.....do you think i give a rats a&& about being banned from this site.....what kind of moderators allow this s.h.i.t to go on for 7 pages......nuanced topic my a&&......if "nuanced topic" is the new method bigots use to shadow their bigotry then you're right.....i guess it is the "nuanced topic"......you could go ahead with all of your f.u.c.k.e.d up philosphosy all you want........it is still slamming fat people who are fat......go ahead and play with your big words and make me and a few others laugh some more.......

Please quote a single post of mine that showcases this bigotry you seem so passionate about.

Couldn't find any? Not even one where you could pretend to misinterpret what I said to make it look like it was bigoted? Maybe just find something I said that was unpopular (because I certainly made at least a couple of those posts in here) and call it bigoted?

Whatever you decide to do, please hurry. The MFP mod meeting should be wrapped up any minute now and they'll be back on the clock...and this thread will surely be near the top of their list.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    Options

Strong first post.

I said, good day, sir.

i am not you goddam secretary....you go find it...........you posted that fat people are basically paranoid because it was all in their mind.....you were more insulting then anyone.....its not in their mind......its what existed in society for years and still exists....if it was in their mind so got damn much then why are you still here defending yourself......afterall they are the crazy ones right.....did you spend your whole life living in a mules *kitten*...you don't see it because you wear rose color glasses.....

so...No, then?
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options

Strong first post.

I said, good day, sir.

i am not you goddam secretary....you go find it...........you posted that fat people are basically paranoid because it was all in their mind.....you were more insulting then anyone.....its not in their mind......its what existed in society for years and still exists....if it was in their mind so got damn much then why are you still here defending yourself......afterall they are the crazy ones right.....did you spend your whole life living in a mules *kitten*...you don't see it because you wear rose color glasses.....

It actually seems as though you are the most insulting person in the thread, in my opinion. Name calling, language, etc.... but by all means, carry on. You seem to be enjoying yourself quite a bit.