Fat Positivity?

Options

Replies

• dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    So much raging against strangers' thoughts that almost certainly don't even exist.

Here's something to consider: random people care far less about every single one of you (regardless of size) than you think they do. I know that realization probably scares some of you, but it's the truth.

But if this is the boogeyman you need to get through your day, then who am I to point out that he doesn't exist?

^this...

...still.
    From this thread earlier:
    "Fat poses so many health risks and people who claim to be happy how they are make me ANGRY!!!!! "

So, these thoughts do exist. There was also a poster in this thread who said how fat people disgust her.

Find a thread where people state mean things people have said to them regrading their weight. You will find many instances of strangers that have voiced their thoughts about obese people.

So what do you want the 99.44% of us who don't feel this way to do about the 0.1% of people who do? In what ways are you demanding that I change my behavior because of it? What is your solution besides insulting not-fat people?*

(* Yeah, I know, YOU didn't necessarily do this...but as long as you're holding the entire population accountable for the actions of the few, I suppose I can play along.)

The first statement doubted the existence of these thoughts

"So much raging against strangers' thoughts that almost certainly don't even exist. "
    Which you agreed with.

My point was to show that they do exist.

As to the percentage of people who engage in this behavior, I don't really know for sure. I'm assuming you pulled that number from ?? ? I do hope that it is a small percentage of people that engage in that kind of stuff.

Changes in behavior from those of us who don't insult fat people might be to call out others that do and not give their words any justification.

So your rebuttal to my overall point is to play absolutes and semantics? ("Look! A forest!" "Is not! Is only a tree!")

And that statistic was provided by Proctor & Gamble...(but *might* just be a misapplication on my part. Might.)

No, it's not just semantics. The post you initially quoted suggested that obese people were overreacting to fat-bashing; that it didn't really exist. Previous posts in this thread, other threads on this site, and from what I read, and from what I have heard directly from friends in real life lead me to believe it happens way too frequently.

It might not be a forest but I think it's at least a grove.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I love love love the idea of body positivity in general and accepting MANY different types of beauty including those who are (even morbidly) obese as beautiful people instead of shaming people for being large and/or fat and forcing everyone to subscribe to one norm. I also believe to some extent in the ideas of HAES (health at every size)...I think there are exceptions, but you can be relatively healthy at almost any weight/size.

With that said, it is a very slippery slope.

Obesity IS a health concern, plain and simple. I would hate to see our society evolve into one in which all people are 450 pounds and limited in their activities and eating horribly unhealthy food 24/7 and riding mart carts to elementary school and dying at the age of 26 because it has become "the norm".

Sometimes I already worry that we're headed there. When I was a size 20-22 in the 1990s in a high school of ~3,000 kids I seriously bet there were only a dozen other girls around my size in my school...most were thin. Now I see teenagers who are at least that big, and bigger, they seem to be everywhere.

I also hate the idea of judging and excluding thin people. It's not okay to do that. Even at 300 lb I wasn't hating on thin friends or actresses in the media nor should I ever do that.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    So much raging against strangers' thoughts that almost certainly don't even exist.

Here's something to consider: random people care far less about every single one of you (regardless of size) than you think they do. I know that realization probably scares some of you, but it's the truth.

But if this is the boogeyman you need to get through your day, then who am I to point out that he doesn't exist?

^this...

...still.
    From this thread earlier:
    "Fat poses so many health risks and people who claim to be happy how they are make me ANGRY!!!!! "

So, these thoughts do exist. There was also a poster in this thread who said how fat people disgust her.

Find a thread where people state mean things people have said to them regrading their weight. You will find many instances of strangers that have voiced their thoughts about obese people.

So what do you want the 99.44% of us who don't feel this way to do about the 0.1% of people who do? In what ways are you demanding that I change my behavior because of it? What is your solution besides insulting not-fat people?*

(* Yeah, I know, YOU didn't necessarily do this...but as long as you're holding the entire population accountable for the actions of the few, I suppose I can play along.)

The first statement doubted the existence of these thoughts

"So much raging against strangers' thoughts that almost certainly don't even exist. "
    Which you agreed with.

My point was to show that they do exist.

As to the percentage of people who engage in this behavior, I don't really know for sure. I'm assuming you pulled that number from ?? ? I do hope that it is a small percentage of people that engage in that kind of stuff.

Changes in behavior from those of us who don't insult fat people might be to call out others that do and not give their words any justification.

So your rebuttal to my overall point is to play absolutes and semantics? ("Look! A forest!" "Is not! Is only a tree!")

And that statistic was provided by Proctor & Gamble...(but *might* just be a misapplication on my part. Might.)

No, it's not just semantics. The post you initially quoted suggested that obese people were overreacting to fat-basing; that it didn't really exist. Previous posts in this thread, other threads on this site, and from what I read, and from what I have heard directly from friends in real life lead me to believe it happens way too frequently.

It might not be a forest but I think it's at least a grove.

I think we all know it exists, as distasteful as we find it to be.
    However, my problem is when that existence gets extrapolated into motive, and applied to all. I want my family members to lose weight, not because their attitudes challenge my notions of beauty, and that challenge scares me, but because they can't walk up a flight of stairs without gasping for breath (though hearing that does scare me).

I think the idea of what 'fat acceptance' should be is great. We should of course recognize the nuanced psychological component to weight gain/loss. Of course people are more willing to take care of themselves when they have self respect. But all too often, when I read FA editorials, all I can see is excuses and bad science, and more disturbingly, people who are trying to prove that they are happy, without actually being happy.

This is not to condemn the entire movement, there are good people writing interesting, thought provoking things out there, but it often falls entirely too short of the lofty ideals outlined a few posts above.

Loving yourself is one thing, lying to yourself quite another.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Fat poses so many health risks and people who claim to be happy how they are make me ANGRY!!!!! It's nothing to do with looks it's about your health! You will live a far more fulfilling life at a healthy weight.

You won't require a seatbelt extension on the plane. You won't be too big for the rides at the theme park. You can shop in normal stores. You have energy and good health. How much happier would you be?!!!

The terms "Happy" and "Fat" are not mutually exclusive. Yes, I'm fat. Am I doing something about it? Hell yes. Do I want to be healthier? Of course. But that does NOT negate my right and ability to be happy regardless of my size. Saying that people being happy with themselves makes you angry? That's nothing but pure ignorance.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Yes, but as a medicine student, I know what I'm talking about. They're usually kidding themselves. It puts so much strain on their organs and is extremely damaging to their joints. Yet they claim to be healthy.

Ok, so I can't let this go. Did you mean medicine student or medical student?

Medical. My bad.

Thanks for clarifying! I have nothing else to add!
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I was on Tumblr before and was looking at the fitspo tag, found some angry "fatspo" bloggers. What do you guys think? Some of them are literally promoting obesity and claiming "thin privilege" even though almost all of their problems could be solved by losing weight. They claim to love their bodies and actively bash thin people, but IMHO if their was a button that they could push that would make them thin, they would push it. Thoughts?

Why are you reading "fatspo" blogs if they bother you so much? Also, Tumblr is the devil. How do you know that some of these blogs you were looking at weren't real-life thin people posing as fat people and "glorifying obesity" and "claiming thin privilege" to either be ironic or to bash those "fat/happy" people?

For the record, I'm fat. I really dislike my body. I envy those people who are truly happy with their body at any size. Since they are not constantly uncomfortable in their own skin, they are already one up on me in the health department, since mental health is a huge factor in overall health. However, not being happy with my body doesn't make me unhappy in a general sense. I have a great life, a great husband, a great kid, and most days I don't hate my job. I just wish I wasn't so jiggly, and that's why I'm working on that. So, do I consider myself fat and happy? You bet...I am both fat and happy. But, you were right in one statement...I'm not happy being fat. But that doesn't mean someone else can't be both fat and happy and happy being fat. They're allowed.

And no, not all people would "push a button" to magically become thin. Why is it so hard to believe that some people are just okay with themselves the way they are? Why do they need to change for you? If it truly bothers you that other people can be happy in a lifestyle/body/what have you than is different than your perspective, perhaps the issue lies with you.

Oh, and I have switched doctors a couple times due to perceived "fat-shaming". I had one doctor who told me she was "shocked" that I had favorable cholesterol numbers and wasn't diabetic. Like she wanted me to have issues and indicators. Horrible. Please don't become a doctor like that. Please think about the things you say and how you say them and remember that you still need to "first do no harm".
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think the idea of what 'fat acceptance' should be is great. We should of course recognize the nuanced psychological component to weight gain/loss. Of course people are more willing to take care of themselves when they have self respect. But all too often, when I read FA editorials, all I can see is excuses and bad science, and more disturbingly, people who are trying to prove that they are happy, without actually being happy.

This is not to condemn the entire movement, there are good people writing interesting, thought provoking things out there, but it often falls entirely too short of the lofty ideals outlined a few posts above.

The entire point is that no one but each individual person knows whether or not they are truly happy. Are you assuming these people are lying to themselves because they are fat AND happy? Therefore, the happiness cannot possibly be real? That might not be your intent, but it's what is being suggested by your words.

And therein lies the problem... what a lot of overweight people are hearing from the world around them is "You shouldn't be happy. Deep down, you're not *really* happy, and I can tell that simply by looking at you. Stop pretending and just knock it off. In reality, you're miserable. You're miserable because you're fat." If you hear that enough-- whether explicitly or implicitly-- you become miserable. You become unhappy. You think you don't deserve happiness.

And you will continue or escalate unhealthy behaviors, because you will feel you have no self-worth. Obviously not true in all cases... but in a whole heck of a lot of cases.

"Fat acceptance" might be a slippery slope. But so is assigning feelings to others.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I was on Tumblr before and was looking at the fitspo tag, found some angry "fatspo" bloggers. What do you guys think? Some of them are literally promoting obesity and claiming "thin privilege" even though almost all of their problems could be solved by losing weight. They claim to love their bodies and actively bash thin people, but IMHO if their was a button that they could push that would make them thin, they would push it. Thoughts?

Why are you reading "fatspo" blogs if they bother you so much? Also, Tumblr is the devil. How do you know that some of these blogs you were looking at weren't real-life thin people posing as fat people and "glorifying obesity" and "claiming thin privilege" to either be ironic or to bash those "fat/happy" people?

For the record, I'm fat. I really dislike my body. I envy those people who are truly happy with their body at any size. Since they are not constantly uncomfortable in their own skin, they are already one up on me in the health department, since mental health is a huge factor in overall health. However, not being happy with my body doesn't make me unhappy in a general sense. I have a great life, a great husband, a great kid, and most days I don't hate my job. I just wish I wasn't so jiggly, and that's why I'm working on that. So, do I consider myself fat and happy? You bet...I am both fat and happy. But, you were right in one statement...I'm not happy being fat. But that doesn't mean someone else can't be both fat and happy and happy being fat. They're allowed.

And no, not all people would "push a button" to magically become thin. Why is it so hard to believe that some people are just okay with themselves the way they are? Why do they need to change for you? If it truly bothers you that other people can be happy in a lifestyle/body/what have you than is different than your perspective, perhaps the issue lies with you.

Oh, and I have switched doctors a couple times due to perceived "fat-shaming". I had one doctor who told me she was "shocked" that I had favorable cholesterol numbers and wasn't diabetic. Like she wanted me to have issues and indicators. Horrible. Please don't become a doctor like that. Please think about the things you say and how you say them and remember that you still need to "first do no harm".

+1 **thumbs up**
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Fat poses so many health risks and people who claim to be happy how they are make me ANGRY!!!!! It's nothing to do with looks it's about your health! You will live a far more fulfilling life at a healthy weight.

You won't require a seatbelt extension on the plane. You won't be too big for the rides at the theme park. You can shop in normal stores. You have energy and good health. How much happier would you be?!!!

The terms "Happy" and "Fat" are not mutually exclusive. Yes, I'm fat. Am I doing something about it? Hell yes. Do I want to be healthier? Of course. But that does NOT negate my right and ability to be happy regardless of my size. Saying that people being happy with themselves makes you angry? That's nothing but pure ignorance.

Yeah I agree...honestly I was pretty flipping happy and felt energetic, attractive, etc, at 260-270 lb for 15 years...and even when I was at my all-time heaviest of 307 lb. I was never crying because I couldn't fit into the diner booth without my boobs hanging on the table and my belly wedged against it...it was more like a minor inconvenience. Am I happier now at 187 lb? Yes of course. But being brutally honest it's not some crazy magic transformation or anything even though I am down over 100 lb and considered healthier.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I'm curious as to your comparison of "people who are fat" to "people of color" and "people with disabilities, trans* individuals, etc.". Do you see these as equivalences? For many, being fat isn't something that you are born with but the personal process of what you put in your mouth (with some genetics thrown in) and not really the same as the rest.

IMHO, it is likely that some of the dislike of the FP movement is the intrinsic fatalism that is perceived.

As to "people having a problem with fat people loving themselves" - again, in my opinion, perhaps a few do, most of us don't care. I don't care if you are fat or skinny or whatever as long as it does not impact my life - I will not necessarily invite someone on trip, a day out or a dinner depending on whether I consider the context/person appropriate or whether I want to change and modify my own practice - my daughter might not get invited on a high alt. climb, my vegetarian friend might not get invited to try out the new burger restaurant, or I might end up making concessions. But what you think of yourself? I don't care.

If it's positive, so much the better. If you are my child, I hope you love yourself despite "a weight". And so perhaps the issue isn't fat acceptance but self-love. If you are still focusing on self-love and fat inspiration you haven't reached the point were you just love yourself; it seems that you are focusing on this despite the weight, especially when it is placed as an opposing context to being a different body.

There is a kumbaya elightenement moment in there somewhere. Love yourself. Full stop.

It's not about a comparison between fat bodies, colored bodies, and disabled bodies. The types of discrimination these separate categories of people face (not that they don't intersect) can't be compared. But most fat positive bloggers root themselves in the movement of overall body positivity with a focus mainly on bodies that are underrepresented in media. Being disabled is not the same as being fat, and so on. There's no real equivalency line to be drawn here. I was only pointing out that most fat positive bloggers have a bigger focus.

It's possible that many people don't care if fat people love themselves, but we've seen examples already in this thread of people who very much do. "ANGRY!!!!" being one good example. Fat acceptance movements and fat acceptance anger are not directed at people who walk on by and let us live our lives. You aren't impacting our lives, so we don't care about you or what your feelings either. That's the magic of it.

Saying that the issue isn't about fat acceptance is off base. Maybe even short sighted. Have you seen any of the Killing Us Softly documentaries? Or any documentary at all on the rising numbers of eating disorders or the plummeting self esteem of young girls? Self love is not just personal- it's societal in that it's very very hard to love yourself when the culture tells you that you aren't worthy and are not allowed. Being accepted makes loving yourself much easier.

The enlightenment idea is legitimate though. Body positive bloggers (fat positive included) are trying to help people find that kumbaya. That's why they're important. That's why they matter. Self love is a choice, but it's a process too. It's one you have to learn. Growth is less frightening when there's a community of people helping and growing with you.

Yes, I saw that documentary when it first came out (I'm that old) and saw Jean Kilbourne present at Duke(?) in the 90s. Your missing my point, as long as the focus is one aspect of the whole there is an absence of a hollistic sense - in fact talking about the KUS documentaries underlines this - sexuality, wealth, beauty and all of the other influence leverages are clear indications that self-love isn't about fat acceptance or any single influence leverage - you can drive yourself miserable about your nose size, your boob size, your hips, etc. How many threads on here pop up every damn week about some 18 year old that hates herself because she has the wrong knees or elbows or fruit shape or gap. Fat acceptance is but a single facet of a multiplicity of ways to hate yourself. There has to be intrinsic value in who you are without any single one of those. Or are you setting yourslef up to fight each one of those hydra-heads? That's the point I'm making when I ask that perhaps FA isn't the issue. I don't think it's short sighted at all to consider a larger approach.

But you see, here is my issue with bloggers and that process - you are trying to fight a media with more media. That's fine - keep at it.

That "true enlightenment" (lol) is when neither the postive blog or the negative media affect my self-worth or my daughters. It just is. I have value and you blogging about it, is no more enriching or helpful than an Armani advert is deconstructing of a sense of self.

And so, the value I try to build in these kids is to learn self worth by what I do, achieve, construct and do to enrich others. Seems to be working.

Love yourself. Full stop.
  • Masyn88
    Masyn88 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Great post! Love the logic behind it, keep up the great work!
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I definitely not think we should be mean to fat people, but sometimes I think the "fat positivity" and "body image" issues go too far. Obviously a lot of people think in black and white; thin verses fat. And how do we define "thin" verses "fat?" It can be subjective. People should accept their bodies, but also know that there could be room for their bodies if they are unhappy.

Obesity is linked as we all know to a variety of health issues. Underweight ( usually on the more extreme side of being underweight; a couple pounds underweight doesn't usually matter as much ) is linked to health issues as well, such as longer recovery time in surgery and illness. Underweight people are more likely to die in a serious infection. Underweight people can experience fertility issues ( but not all ). Obese can experience fertility issues, but not all. Heart disease, diabetes, stroke, sleep apnea, etc etc all go up with obese.

My cousin is a little chubby. Not too bad, but she does have some issues with her body image. She posts things about how all bodies should be accepted, but the picture is of only chubby girls. Where is the average sized girl? Where is the thin girl? Where is the muscular girl?

I do not think we should promote obesity and overweight. The focus should be on accepting others, but also promoting health and wellness. Overweight people do not need to be sticks, but should strive for a healthy weight. We all should. Sometimes underweight people need to gain weight.
  • talentedmom56
    talentedmom56 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Making people feel bad about themselves is NEVER a good thing! How many of you have big noses or no chin or a big butt or thin hair or a speech problem? If we as a society decided that to be accepted you HAVE TO fit in this tiny little box (that most people won't fit into) then our world would be filled with even more hate and anger than it has right now. As humans we should be to taught to love everyone no matter what they look like or sound like. We are have imperfections. Some show more clearly than others. Why can't we all just let people be who they are? Who decided that perfection is perfect. I have seen more beauty in the face of a burn victim who survived the treatment so that she could hold her child again in the stubs she had left. I have seem the love of a woman for her 300 pound husband because she knew the reason he was that way. His father repeatedly raped him as a boy and he gained weight to try dissuade him from the act. It didn't work, but the weight gave him the wall to keep people out.
    We should ALL be proud of who we are at this moment in time! No matter what color, size, handicap or... If more people spent their time doing something good for the world rather than putting people down, we'd have a much healthier planet.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

The entire point is that no one but each individual person knows whether or not they are truly happy. Are you assuming these people are lying to themselves because they are fat AND happy? Therefore, the happiness cannot possibly be real? That might not be your intent, but it's what is being suggested by your words.

And therein lies the problem... what a lot of overweight people are hearing from the world around them is "You shouldn't be happy. Deep down, you're not *really* happy, and I can tell that simply by looking at you. Stop pretending and just knock it off. In reality, you're miserable. You're miserable because you're fat." If you hear that enough-- whether explicitly or implicitly-- you become miserable. You become unhappy. You think you don't deserve happiness.

And you will continue or escalate unhealthy behaviors, because you will feel you have no self-worth. Obviously not true in all cases... but in a whole heck of a lot of cases.

"Fat acceptance" might be a slippery slope. But so is assigning feelings to others.

That is definitely not my intent, and that is the problem I have. So much of this discussion is projection. You tell me not to assume, then make a huge assumption about the intent of others' words.

There is a difference between someone saying "I'm chill" when asked how they are doing, and seeing a girl drunkenly scream "I'm FINE!!!!" while crying. You know that drunk girl isn't fine. As I stated above, not all people in the movement are the drunk girl screaming "I"m FINE", but a lot are. I don't think its impossible to love yourself while being overweight. Quite the opposite. However, pretending that obesity has no consequences is just silly.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options

That is definitely not my intent, and that is the problem I have. So much of this discussion is projection. You tell me not to assume, then make a huge assumption about the intent of others' words.

There is a difference between someone saying "I'm chill" when asked how they are doing, and seeing a girl drunkenly scream "I'm FINE!!!!" while crying. You know that drunk girl isn't fine. As I stated above, not all people in the movement are the drunk girl screaming "I"m FINE", but a lot are. I don't think its impossible to love yourself while being overweight. Quite the opposite. However, pretending that obesity has no consequences is just silly.

I actually didn't make any assumptions about your intent. On the contrary, I said "That might not be your intent, but it's what is being suggested by your words." I'm telling you how your words could be perceived by someone with already low self-esteem. I speak from a place of experience on this.

Again, I don't think the folks you're talking about are pretending there are no consequences. That's like the 1% referenced way above. Maybe a small minority are pretending that, but body acceptance =/= denial of consequences. There's a world of difference between "I love who I am" and "I have no room for improvement."
  • talentedmom56
    talentedmom56 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Making people feel bad about themselves is NEVER a good thing! How many of you have big noses or no chin or a big butt or thin hair or a speech problem? If we as a society decided that to be accepted you HAVE TO fit in this tiny little box (that most people won't fit into) then our world would be filled with even more hate and anger than it has right now. As humans we should be to taught to love everyone no matter what they look like or sound like. We are have imperfections. Some show more clearly than others. Why can't we all just let people be who they are? Who decided that perfection is perfect. I have seen more beauty in the face of a burn victim who survived the treatment so that she could hold her child again in the stubs she had left. I have seem the love of a woman for her 300 pound husband because she knew the reason he was that way. His father repeatedly raped him as a boy and he gained weight to try dissuade him from the act. It didn't work, but the weight gave him the wall to keep people out.
    We should ALL be proud of who we are at this moment in time! No matter what color, size, handicap or... If more people spent their time doing something good for the world rather than putting people down, we'd have a much healthier planet.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    some of you are nothing but hypocrites......one minute you said fat people are delusional because the attacks and bashings are only in their heads.....not 2 minutes later another a&&hole post something to slam fat people.....well which one is it…..are the fat people delusional or are they right in their feelings…..you can't have it both ways….if they were so delusional then why have this thread made it to seven pages and counting…..you c.o.c.k roaches should crawl back into your holes…..society has victimized yes victimized fat people for as long as I can remember and I am 73 years old……fat people have never ask no body to throw them a f&ucking parade…...they want society to respect them and leave them the f&ck alone……I bet many of you don’t clean you dirty houses on a regular basis but have time to bash fat people…....go make sure your kids aren’t doing drugs behind your back…..getting catch up on sniffing glue……or making babies before adulthood……if fat people want to have a group to vent its none of your goddam business……none of you are paying their for it……are you……skinny people have high blood pressure……diabeties…..hooked on cigarettes…..drugs…….lupus…..etc……..but fat people are the problem……..HA….…I bet if all fat people would lost weight then you nasty mother f&ckers would turn your venom on another group of people………who will it be…….blacks again…..mexicans……women…… hispanics……interracial couples………it will be somebody else for sure and you all know it…….you think because you are smaller in size you got some kind of GOD complex....now you can bow beat fat people into submission with your load of bulls.h.i.t and insults....fat chance....you bashers are a bunch of rotten stinky bigot t.w.a.t.s because you can’t burn off enough fat to hide your ugliness

That's a lot of anger there. Hope it helps.
    #strongfirstpost #reportednotreally
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're angry... I was gonna let this thread go without replying but... you grouped lupus in with being addicted to cigarettes, drugs etc... That one just made me scratch my head. Lupus is an autoimmune disorder where the body basically attacks itself. It's a disease, not a bad lifestyle choice... and your prolific use of... ellipses (triple periods)... is... contaminating my own writing style... oh dear...
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    some of you are nothing but hypocrites......one minute you said fat people are delusional because the attacks and bashings are only in their heads.....not 2 minutes later another a&&hole post something to slam fat people.....well which one is it…..are the fat people delusional or are they right in their feelings…..you can't have it both ways….if they were so delusional then why have this thread made it to seven pages and counting…..you c.o.c.k roaches should crawl back into your holes…..society has victimized yes victimized fat people for as long as I can remember and I am 73 years old……fat people have never ask no body to throw them a f&ucking parade…...they want society to respect them and leave them the f&ck alone……I bet many of you don’t clean you dirty houses on a regular basis but have time to bash fat people…....go make sure your kids aren’t doing drugs behind your back…..getting catch up on sniffing glue……or making babies before adulthood……if fat people want to have a group to vent its none of your goddam business……none of you are paying their for it……are you……skinny people have high blood pressure……diabeties…..hooked on cigarettes…..drugs…….lupus…..etc……..but fat people are the problem……..HA….…I bet if all fat people would lost weight then you nasty mother f&ckers would turn your venom on another group of people………who will it be…….blacks again…..mexicans……women…… hispanics……interracial couples………it will be somebody else for sure and you all know it…….you think because you are smaller in size you got some kind of GOD complex....now you can bow beat fat people into submission with your load of bulls.h.i.t and insults....fat chance....you bashers are a bunch of rotten stinky bigot t.w.a.t.s because you can’t burn off enough fat to hide your ugliness

Wow, you're angry... I was gonna let this thread go without replying but... you grouped lupus in with being addicted to cigarettes, drugs etc... That one just made me scratch my head. Lupus is an autoimmune disorder where the body basically attacks itself. It's a disease, not a bad lifestyle choice... and your prolific use of... ellipses (triple periods)... is... contaminating my own writing style... oh dear...

(meant to quote that in my first post)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Strong first post.