What's the worst thing you ever ate regularly pre-mfp?

Options

Replies

• GallifreyanGirl396
    GallifreyanGirl396 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    A chocolate bar daily

A whole bag of crunchy cheetos instead of just a few

Most of the large movie theater popcorn (I'm addicted to this stuff)

Soda daily (now I can go weeks without having so much as a sip)
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Frequent Taco Bell Binge: (consumed in about 20-30 minutes)

chicken quesadilla
    steak quesadilla
    2 sides of nacho cheese
    nacho bell grande with extra meat and nacho cheese
    2 cheesy gordita crunches
    2 volcano burritos
    2 cheesy fiesta potatoes
    10 hot sauce

TOTALS:
    5070 kcal
    419 g carbs
    287 g fat
    192 g protein
    37 g sugar
    11,652 mg sodium

I used to eat this order at least twice weekly and sometimes 3 or 4 times weekly. It was my go-to 'meal' that I'd eat to make myself feel completely physically miserable. I would eat it all and then just enjoy the pain it caused because it took my mind off of everything else in my life for about 6-12 hours. This, a similar McDonald's order, and alcohol were my razor blades for a long time, and they were effective. Now I am happy to be free from it. :smile:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Entire large Papa John's pizza, 5 toppings. Took me a whole day, but I still ate the whole thing all by myself. 2700 calories down the shooter (that I know of!)
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    My typical pre-mfp day looked like this:

Breakfast: 2-4 cups of Cinnamon toast crunch with 1 cup of 2% milk
    Lunch: A turkey and cheese sandwich with miracle whip and an entire big bag of cheetos puffs
    Dinner: 2 servings of Mashed potatoes no gravy, two slices of homemade meatloaf (80/20) and a 1/2 cup green beans
    Dessert: Three to five scoops of ice cream in a cone
    Snacks: I actually drank full sugar soda multiple times in a day, I'd have anything from an entire big bag of chips or cheetos to an entire cake that I would bake and frost and eat, with ice cream too sometimes, before my husband came home.

Now I eat with in my 1540 calorie limits and I still have Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Desserts, and Snacks just about every day. I still have cake and ice cream and cheetos sometimes but for the most part I don't eat them all in the same day and I don't eat the entire thing haha!
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    shutyourpieholeandsquat Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I would have what I called "Fat Girl Nights"... It consisted of driving to each fast food place and piecing together my fav things to make my meal. Burger King TenderCrisp sandwich (mayo duh) add cheese, large tater tot and Mozzarella sticks from Sonic, possibly stop at Zaxby's for a huge brownie too.

Also when I got a Little Caesar's pizza I would eat half of it before I got it home, eat the whole pizza and crazy bread over the period of the night because I would eat one piece at a time but I'd keep getting up and walking back to the fridge every 30 minutes and eat another piece.

Drunken Taco Bell runs.... lordy. beef supreme chalupa, meximelt, nacho supreme, cheesy gordita crunch, large mt dew. .... sometimes a bean burrito to eat before I got back to the house.

McDonald's breakfast. #5 with cheese (sausage biscuit, hash browns, large coke), 2 sausage burritos. Eat the burritos before I got home with the food. (I see a pattern here ha!)
  • Beet_Girl
    Beet_Girl Posts: 102
    Options
    I used to work at a chicken wing place, so lots of wings and seasoned fries! I mean, they were free so...

Dude I feel your pain... I used to work at a Taco bell..... I ate quesadilla ( the over 500 calorie ones) by the boat load....I can't even imagine if I still worked there....

Well actually Taco bell switched meat.... and I am not a fan so I think Id be safer now lol

Our wing place was right across the street from Taco Bell! If I wasn't feeling our food, I'd go there on my breaks! It was super bad when they started the value menu. I told myself I was going to try everything on the value menu-how's that for a nutrition goal? Haha bad news.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    There's a pizza place down the road from me that has 50 buffalo wings----mind you, these are amazing wings----for only $17.99. I would get an order of that and munch on them all evening, smothered in blue cheese dressing, with a big 2ltr of pop.
  • Nt2Badhuh
    Nt2Badhuh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a chicken wing place, so lots of wings and seasoned fries! I mean, they were free so...

Dude I feel your pain... I used to work at a Taco bell..... I ate quesadilla ( the over 500 calorie ones) by the boat load....I can't even imagine if I still worked there....

Well actually Taco bell switched meat.... and I am not a fan so I think Id be safer now lol

Our wing place was right across the street from Taco Bell! If I wasn't feeling our food, I'd go there on my breaks! It was super bad when they started the value menu. I told myself I was going to try everything on the value menu-how's that for a nutrition goal? Haha bad news.

ahahah terrible.....My taco bell was across the street from a McDonalds Sonic and Jack in the box..... It was a giant TRAP
  • AgentO2
    AgentO2 Posts: 2
    Options
    This is one meal that i ate 4-5 times a week.

Carne Asada beef- 640 cal- 28 fat- sodium 260mg

Sour cream- 492cal- 48 fat- sodium 122

Shredded cheese- 320cal- 20 fat- 960 sodium

Tortillas- 390cal- 12fat- 840 sodium

Tabasco green- sodium 1500

Total: 1842 Cal, 108 fat, 3682 sodium.
  • fuzilojak
    fuzilojak Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Second sandwich was the Fat Sandy at Munchies 420 Cafe in Gainesville.

The Fat Sandy is a foot long sub with two cheeseburgers, mac-n-cheese, chicken fingers, onion hoops, spuds & mozzarella stix

f76a5539-64ee-4c93-a89a-d367930f3b21_zpsce2332b4.jpg

how was this? I can't ever imagine ordering such a thing even at my least caring time of my life. In pittsburgh we do the primantis.. but it's kind of basic compared to this, meat, maybe cheese or egg plus cole slaw and fries on really good italian bread.

primatisrbce_zps05663682.jpg[/URL]
    [/quote]

It was not good. My wife and I uses to watch Man vs. Food and they were highlighted on an episode. The funny thing is, except for burgers, I usually didn't eat the other stuff on that sandwich. I got it more for the novelty. As far as the Vortex Burger, that was pretty good but I'm not sure I'd get it again.
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    At the least a sleeve of Oreo cookies. Plus a lot of the same things as now, just BEFORE there was more butter, more condiments, more salt, sugar in my recipes. Oh and more takeout.

Edit for corrections

OK Snacking at night was my vice! Any left over dessert or a bunch of oreos or chips ahoy and a glass of milk or two was something I did Waaayyyy too often and the reason why I packed on the pounds. I was probably adding 500-600 more calories to my day easily!
  • Zoe_lifts
    Zoe_lifts Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    ben & jerry's ! a lot of it.
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options
    On posts like this, i am glad i don't live in the US anymore but i miss Taco Hell so much !!!! LOL
    Recently read they opened 2 Chipotles in Paris and may have to take a trip JUST for that chicken burrito!!!!

Otherwise, my biggest "sin" was chocolate chocolate chocolate in bed, right before falling asleep !
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    i'm a New Englander, and my favorite summer treat is one of those fried seafood platters, especially with lots of clams, smothered with tartar sauce. The better places give you fries AND onion rings. Then, we'd go to Dairy Queen for a peanut buster parfait afterwards. That's about my favorite vacation meal. Now, my doctor would probably put me in a heart clinic if I ate that.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I used to eat tubes upon tubes of Pringles. I actually think a lot of my weight gain was due to those (plenty of other crappy choices too but I are a lot of damn Pringles).

I bought Pringles yesterday for the first time in months. Bad idea. Ate 3/4 of the can. Lesson learned...single serve or none.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    It's not that pizza is bad, it's just that I can eat a large and still have room for a couple of bread-sticks and dessert.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Oh Lordy...some really bad days. You know...all of them, lol

Breakfast: BK bacon egg and cheese croissant (x2), hash browns, sometimes those little cinnamon buns too
    Morning snack: chips, chocolate bar, or donuts(1-4)
    Lunch: big greasy burger and fries, or an 1800 calorie lunch entree at a local chain restaurant, or 2-3 BIG slices of pizza
    Afternoon snack: more chips, chocolate bar(s), leftover donuts
    After work snack: cream filled cake from bakery
    Dinner: reasonable portioned dinner of chicken breast, veggies, rice or potato
    Evening: anything not nailed down full of fat and sugar. Probably ate 1200 calories between dinner and bedtime :sick:

Ironically, I washed most of this stuff down with diet coke. I have since switched to regular coke, 12-16oz/day max, and I count those calories. I found it helped my sugary afternoon cravings.

Great thread, reminds us how far we've come. I can't believe I admitted all this, but that means I'm a changed woman right? :flowerforyou:
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    tubes of raw cookie dough. basically one tube in a sitting. worst thing because of the cals/fat/etc and all the warnings of not eating raw dough. but also the best thing ever. :drinker:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    On posts like this, i am glad i don't live in the US anymore but i miss Taco Hell so much !!!! LOL
    Recently read they opened 2 Chipotles in Paris and may have to take a trip JUST for that chicken burrito!!!!

Otherwise, my biggest "sin" was chocolate chocolate chocolate in bed, right before falling asleep !

with all the wonderful food I assume they have in Paris would you really make a special trip to a chain? just curious...
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I had no idea before joining mfp that most of my portion sizes were actually double what I should've been eating, so most things! I love a plate of mince and tatties, and I had no idea just how much fat was in the portions I used to eat. Same with pasta. I was terrible for guzzling down Coca Cola too, I knew it was sugary but I wasn't aware of just how much that was contributing to my weight gain. I miss it terribly but I'm trying to force myself to have water instead as I don't drink remotely enough of that.