What's the worst thing you ever ate regularly pre-mfp?

Here is mine:
Little Caesar's Hot and Ready pizza (the whole thing)
family order of crazy bread (whole thing)
4 garlic butters

Calories: 3,560
Fat: 168g
Cholestrol: 200mg
Sodium: 6240mg
Carbs: 376g
Protein: 136g

So for you people that think you are too far gone to do anything about your problem... Who think you are the only one who eats as badly as you... who hide your eating from other people, and seclude yourself from friends:

IT'S NOT TO LATE!!!

Never give in! Never give in!!! Never, never never!!!

Replies

• zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    I used to eat tubes upon tubes of Pringles. I actually think a lot of my weight gain was due to those (plenty of other crappy choices too but I are a lot of damn Pringles).
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Full fat cheese.
    Can easily eat a 350/400g block a day.
    Still would if I could!

Of course, it didn't take MFP to stop doing that, well knew that it was an 'issue' without MFP :).
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    I won't list it all out here, but let's just say I could frequently spend $25 at Taco Bell for myself. As cheap as that garbage is, that's an insane amount of food.
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    nutella sandwiches

I'd each a loaf of bread in a day, easily
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Cheese... a lot of cheese. With bread and crackers... a lot of bread and crackers.
    Mc Donald's large meal
    Croissants and donuts
    Whole box of cookies (or a sleeve for the very big ones)
    Those 'tarte d'Alsace' from Trader Joe's. I guess it's only like 700 calories for the whole thing... but it was a snack.
    Pizza
    2 ice cream bars or cones. I rarely stopped at one
    Whole bags of chips

That's actually all I can think of right now. But I frequently had grocery runs to just buy junk and piggy out.
  • ryantrimble12
    ryantrimble12 Posts: 49 Member
    Wingstop! I could put away soooo many of those wings--always accompanied by copious amounts of french fries and ranch dressing. I always felt ****ty afterward, but for some reason it felt worth it....and then I would eat a bowl of ice cream to try to chase the ****ty feeling away lol

now: I still love wingstop, but I've realized that I don't want that disgusting feeling after eating it so I've learned to stop when I'm nearing full and not go crazy which really makes the wings that much more delicious.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Probably one of my worst lunches I would get from a local spot:

Steak Burrito with rice, grilled veggies, cheese, sour cream and guacamole
    Cup of Chicken Tortilla soup
    Side of Chips with Salsa and Queso.

Easily a 2000 calorie meal....I look back and just wonder what I was thinking. I still go there but make such smarter choices now and its just as satisfying if not more.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    mcdonalds or wendys for dinner once a week when I was taking college classes at night.
    I like to eat snacks after dinner, so I would have a whole sleeve of oreos, or chips ahoy, or coffee cake jr's, or funny bones, or a big bowl of icecream with whipped cream. Really any kind of sugary carb snack would do after dinner. And then to make it worse, I would not exercise
  • Kixshots
    Kixshots Posts: 74 Member
    as the saying goes my eyes were always too big for my belly... ofc my belly soon caught up lol :p

A whole Dominoes Large meateor pizza 2780 calories + a side of usually chicken strippers (450 cals) or a whole garlic pizza bread (550) + about 4 pots of their garlic sauce (about 100 for each pot)

= 3500 - 3800 in a single sitting, usually felt a little sick after, but I have an inability to waste food... even after losing weight :p which is why portion control was so evidently needed for me
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    I used to frequently bake a batch of a dozen sugar cookies and eat most of them.in one sitting. Ugh. I mourned my Mom by eating cookies and cake.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Donuts, cakes, cookies, cheesecakes, candy or anything sugary in large quantities. I had an argument with my hubby he would go out and get me lots of sweets, lol. Not anymore. And french fries. And pizza.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Every Monday for dinner: 12-15 fried Pork dumplings and a can of Coke. That's upwards of 1000 calories in one meal lol. I couldn't even fit them all in without feeling horribly full, but I ate every single one every time.
    One Monday I had a 1200 calorie lunch earlier, and I used to eat that about once a week as well (1/4 chicken, chips, deep fried pineapple rings, and 600ml coke)
  • moondazed
    moondazed Posts: 73 Member
    I would 'treat' myself at least once a week to a medium pizza all for myself, or a buffet where I would eat at least 3-4 plates, or a couple of bags of chips+cookies all in one go

The scary part is that I'm still so capable of eating like that again, it's just a matter of self control. (which everyone lacks at some time or another)
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Lots and lots of bread. I LOVE fresh bread-- homemade or a high-quality local sourdough, of which there are many where I live. And a LOT of full-fat cheese.

Now neither of those foods are bad per se, but they are so calorie-dense it's a wonder I wasn't even plumper.

I guess the very worst thing I would do would be occasionally eating almost a whole bag of corn chips-- a medium bag, not a single-serving one or a really huge one, but still!!!
  • WolfChylde
    WolfChylde Posts: 50 Member
    A whole jar of nutella or frosting in a sitting. 2 big macs for dinner. 3 packages of ramen. A box of chcolates. A block of feta cheese. mmm feta haha.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Forgot there was also my trips to McDonalds. I was horrible.

Me: Big Mac Meal, please
    Drive-Thru: You wanna super-size that?
    Me: You're damn skippy, I do
    Drive-Thru: Anything else?
    Me: Well since you asked, go ahead and throw in a couple of those double cheeseburgers on the side. Love those little greaseballs.
  • brealee91
    brealee91 Posts: 7 Member
    Bulk candy section...

Sour patch watermelons.

Like... Pounds worth.

In one sitting...

yeeup.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    I would 'treat' myself at least once a week to a medium pizza all for myself, or a buffet where I would eat at least 3-4 plates, or a couple of bags of chips+cookies all in one go

The scary part is that I'm still so capable of eating like that again, it's just a matter of self control. (which everyone lacks at some time or another)

I also had and still struggle with portion size. You are so right though, it IS JUST A MATTER OF SELF CONTROL. If there is something that I love, I want to keep eating it! Even if my stomach is feeling so full! It's awful. I love food, so it can be tough, but I have strong will power. I have never been really overweight, but I have gained more weight than I would have liked to so now I'm trying to get to the weight I always was.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwiches and greasy chinese take out especially sesame chicken.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Papa John's Buffalo Chicken Pizza. I once ordered one three days in a row. I ate it for lunch, dinner snacks, and finished it off for breakfast, then ordered another for lunch. It was just SO DELICIOUS!!