What's the worst thing you ever ate regularly pre-mfp?

Options

Replies

• Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Golden Corral, chinese buffet, figuring that if I was at a buffet I better get my moneys worth, multiple 20oz bottles of pop a day
  • Bammitssamm
    Bammitssamm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Poutine. Glorious, freakin' poutineeeee.
    Poutine from Montreal on top of that, not crappy poutine from the rest of Canada.
    More than 1500 calories of awesomeness.

Unfortunately, it is also the reason why i'm now on MFP hahaha
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Chips... any sort of chips. Like, I would eat the entire damn bag without an ounce of guilt. It's still a "trigger" food, so I keep them out of the house to resist temptation.

My husband and I use to eat a lot of carry-out, too. Mostly things like Captain D's, Sonic, and other extremely greasy gross stuff.
  • kilsafari
    kilsafari Posts: 61
    Options
    I'd shovel peanut butter in to my mouth. Its so damn addictive. I never even considered how many calories would be in five or six heaping (and I mean HEAPING) spoonfuls of the stuff.

Also nachos. Cheesy, gooey, warm nachos with jalapeños and salsa. Bring them near me with a side of guac and I go in to berserker mode.
  • ChriJMitch
    ChriJMitch Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I remember back in college, after a night a heavy drinking, I no joke ate THREE crunch wraps from Taco Bell. And a cheese quesadilla.

Calories: 2100
    Fat: 90g
    Carbs: 253g

Diginity: 0g
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    An entire pizza (frozen or delivery) and a couple bottles of wine for dinner.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

Edit: also 2 big macs (subsituted quarter pound patties) with a large frie

whoa, that is a pro move
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wine and beer. Lots of wine and beer.

Which led to bowls of hot chips and wedges with sour cream and aioli.

Finished up with dessert and Baileys Irish Cream.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I once had 6 breadsticks from Olive garden, where I had their menu memorized because I went so often :sad:

6 breadsticks=

840 cal
    2,220mg sodium
    12g fat

...this is not including the alfredo dipping sauce, lasagna fritta appetizer, or the tea lemonade.

YIKES:sick:
  • daross16
    daross16 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Nutella. Ugh..2tbsp has SOOOO many calories. I would just sit there in eat it with my roommates. :')
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This was routinely (like atleast once a week) my lunch or dinner:

Pizza Hut Honey BBQ Traditional Wings (8 pieces)
    Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza Ham and Pineapple (whole pizza)
    Pizza Hut Chocolate Dunkers with extra sauce (whole box)
    Two 2liters of Pepsi

Calories: 4830
    Sodium: 5735

After this I was frequently ready to eat more in about an hour...
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    At the least a sleeve of Oreo cookies. Plus a lot of the same things as now, just BEFORE there was more butter, more condiments, more salt, sugar in my recipes. Oh and more takeout.

Edit for corrections
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    4000 calories worth of candies and chips in one setting.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    How did I feed me? Let me count the Lay's. I never did tingle for a Pringle, but I used to make big bags of Doritos disappear in one sitting; the only proof of their existence, the telltale orange stain left on my fingertips from the nacho cheese powder. At only 5' tall, I would leap tall supermarket shelves in a single bound to capture an elusive box of Stove Top (screw the turkey, I wanted to stuff myself). The best, though, was when I'd take my weekly tour of the local "Fast-Food Alley". It started with KFC. 3 pcs. extra crispy, white meat only, with a large side of mashed potatoes & gravy. Then, Burger King: 2 original chicken sandwiches, extra mayo, hold the lettuce. A large order of onion rings, and a Whopper with extra mayo, for dessert. Next stop, Taco Bell! Cheap eats were great. 6 soft tacos and 6 hard tacos (I'd eat the hard tacos as soon as I got home, but the soft ones were good reheated in the micro). Last but not least, good ol' Mc D's. Old McDonald may have had a farm, but I had money for the dollar menu! 2 double cheeseburgers, a 20-pc. chicken nugget box with BBQ sauce, large fries, and a large Diet Coke (I hate the taste of soda with sugar). I had a huge plastic tote bag so I could carry the goodies into the house. Calories, schmalories! I wasn't counting. And many times I consumed enough sodium to pin the needle on a Geiger counter. In a 4-hour feeding session, I could finish almost everything. I didn't binge, I just ate. One day, I just lost the desire to eat like this. I just didn't want it anymore. I haven't eaten fast food since 2004. Now, I make pizza out of cauliflower, chips from Daikon radish, and splurge on no-salt added cottage cheese and unbuttered popcorn.

After typing this, I can't imagine how I could have been so out of control. Sheesh. (But it sure tasted good!)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Fast food, 2-3 times a day, every day. Dear god. Just the thought makes me nauseous now.
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Four packs of bread sticks filled with peanut butter. In one sitting at work, out of boredom. Every day for 3 or 4 months. One pack has 240 calories which brought me to 960 calories only for that. Not counting other mindless snacks like Skittles which were almost an every day treat as well.
    Never even paid attention to the amount of calories I was eating back then, but the other day I saw a pack of those bread sticks in the shop and almost fainted when I read what I shoved in my mouth day after day. It is a miracle that I didn't end up being bigger.
  • rideontechnology
    rideontechnology Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I could easily down a 10 piece nugget, large fry, large coke, and maybe even a mcdouble or sausage mcmuffin after that within this past year. *cringe* That's well over 1500 calories (my daily limit now)

Later that night I would probably be able to split a large pizza and eight breadsticks.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi

Shame on me. We were in Bangkok on holiday and ordered home delivery pizza on the internet - we ordered the largest size 12 inches+ plus thick base each and they also included a small pizza free too! I ate the equivalent to 1.5 thick fully loaded pepperoni pizzas. I felt so full and gross after - could not sleep, stayed up most the night digesting this high fat dinner. Not great.

My question - why did we order so much? because it was so cheap just £6 for 2 massive pizzas and a small one free. Plain crazy to fall for this type of offer. Save money and gain pounds!
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 2-3 half litre mugs of Kofola (sweet local soda) and radlers every evening. Not to mention sausages, lots of sausages for dinner, and chocolate and whatnot, gosh I'm disgusted by my eating habits looking back :)