What's the worst thing you ever ate regularly pre-mfp?

Options

Replies

• sdonovan96
    sdonovan96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Taco Casa is my kryptonite.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Entire fried onions (like the ones from Outback and TX Roadhouse) and 3x servings of 6 wings at BWW just to have different flavors.
  • recoveringleah
    Options
    For breakfast I usually had a a bowl of sugary cereal or a Pop Tart, both with either milk or juice
    My typical lunch consisted of Nutella sandwiches, potato chips, Little Debbie cakes, and an orange Fanta
    Dinners were okay and I often ate baked chicken, mashed potatoes, and broccoli, but with another Fanta
    My favorite meal, however, was dessert and I always had a huge chocolate milkshake with whipped cream

I was probably eating 2500+ calories every day, never drank water, and rarely exercised

I'm glad I was able to cut out those unhealthy foods, but I unfortunately ended up developing an equally unhealthy relationship with food and have been struggling with anorexia for almost a year now. After a bad relapse recently, I restarted my food diary and am hoping to recover. I've been slowly increasing my calorie intake and am currently trying to eat 1200 calories of healthy food and drinks a day. For anyone who is in a similar situation, the method of eating 6 small meals a day has helped me a lot :)
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Oh I think I've told this before. During TOM, and this is how I met my good friend since she was my pizza driver, I'd end up with family sized order of cheese bread sticks and a large cheese lovers stuffed crust pizza (garlic butter dipping sauce). It was two days worth of food but dang. My poor arteries.
  • Bride2B1103
    Bride2B1103 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    After my wedding was over and I knew I could "relax" again, I went a little crazy with foods like:

buffalo chicken calzone
    steak and cheese calzone
    basically any kind of calzone
    Ham and Cheese sandwiches from Dunkin Donuts
    McFlurries

OH and all of the holiday drinks from Dunkin Donuts (peppermint mocha, white chocolate mocha.....tried them all)
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    There are 2275 calories in a fifth of Kaluah...that and a pot of coffee was my BREAKFAST every morning.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Nutella - an entire large tub in one setting. Sometimes with graham crackers/cookies, sometimes with bread, usually just with a spoon. My ex-husband used to call this my liquid crack. He never really tried to stop me though...

Two King Size Twix bars whenever I was stressed (or two huge Symphony bars, most of a bag of Hershey's Nuggets, or an entire bag of M&M's).

An entire party size bag of dorito's. An entire package of oreos with full fat milk for dunking. And entire tub of any kind of ice cream. More tacos, fried chicken, and pizza than I could shake a stick at. And Queso (Velveeta kind)...oh, the queso! With fried chips... French fries, burgers, and cheese - lots and lots of cheddar! Oh, and spaghetti...huge plates full! With massive amounts of garlic bread...

And still, I tend to binge eat on anything unless I strictly portion it out before hand. And even then I crave more. Water and gum are my friends...anything to take the taste out of my mouth! At least now it is more fruit or veg that I eat in larger quantities...

But egads, I shouldn't read this whole list when I'm having weakness of any kind... Now I'm craving it ALL!! LOL
  • ruth_jb
    ruth_jb Posts: 14
    Options
    Large donner kebab.

It usually has shed loads of donner meat all loaded on a MASSIVE naan bread, with chilli sauce and chips on the side, I could easily polish off the lot. I have no idea how many calories is in it, I imagine quite a lot!
  • ruth_jb
    ruth_jb Posts: 14
    Options
    I could easily eat a full large Dominos or Pizza Hut pizza, stuffed crust meat feast all to myself and still manage a dessert.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    A family-sized bag of potato chips. The entire bag in one sitting.

If I did that today I'd have to go to the hospital.
  • fervelasco
    fervelasco Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Picture this... 10 corn tortillas cut into pieces fried in approximately 2 sticks of butter and lots of salt....
    Another favorite of mine back then: 2 or 3 large potatoes, lots of butter, 2 or 3 ounces of sour cream and cheese on top of it, baked in the microwave.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Granola. It doesn't sound too bad. But, calorie, sugar and fat wise every QUARTER CUP is basically a candy bar. And believe me, it was always a free pour.:ohwell:
  • jl_simmons
    jl_simmons Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I baked goodies alot. And they never lasted. Banana bread/muffins with giant blobs of melted butter..atleast 3 at a time! Cookies would burn my mouth because I couldnt wait for them to cool down.

I still have major cravings for all things baked but since starting MFP I think twice before eating it. Also I try to make the lower fat lower sugar recipes...which are ok I suppose hahah.

Seriously want to make a pie now and DESTROY IT!!!!! HAHAHA
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    whole family size bags of chips with the whole container of dip, just for dinner
    or like 4 big cupcakes in one sitting
    or whole pizzas in one sitting

ugh makes me want to throw up just thinking about it!
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Every morning I would have 2 philly soft pretzels, a minute maid orange juice and a tastycake (usually butterscotch krimpets). Ughhh - the carbs for my mornings alone were ridiculous!!! And then every night I would have at least 4-6 red solo cups of Turkey Hill iced tea. LOVED MY CARBS!! Haha
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    For me, there is no *one thing* that I ate. There are no bad foods, only bad eating habits. I ate too much food, and I occasionally had binges for which I did not compensate later. I eat all the same things, just less of it.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Oh man. Cheddar Lays Stax... could go through half a tube in a sitting. And Quaker Oat's cheddar/cheese munchies (that's what they're called; they're evil). I've got a real salty-cheesy tooth. I don't even buy those things anymore, because if I do, it disappears waaaaaaaaay too fast.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Two hashbrowns and a steak egg and cheese breakfast bagel at McDonalds.. Oh, with a diet coke of course.. 970 calories!!! I would go through phases where I would have this several days in a week. for maybe a month...Granted, it was my biggest and heaviest meal of the day but, I knew it was terrible for me and too calorie rich for my impaired metabolism (or really for ANYONE'S metabolism except maybe Michael Phelps while he's training!).. I stopped eating these frequently several years before my most recent weight loss efforts and it's been 18 months since I've had one at all.. but this is still something I crave! I don't understand how former fatties can look at the greasy fast food concoctions they used to eat and go on and on about how "disgusting" it looks now.. WTF? I WISH it could look disgusting to me but no, it pretty much looks just as tempting and delicious as ever. When you bite into it the weird chemical butter sauce and the grease from the artificially flavored smushed up steak patty combine into the most awesome greasy fatty goodness... OMG, YUM! WTF is wrong with me?
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would have a Big Mac or Whopper at least once or twice a week.....

Not going to lie....I've been craving both this past week. I haven't had any fast food in over 2 months!

One of these days, I will treat myself to half of a Big Mac or Whopper! YUM!
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Two hashbrowns and a steak egg and cheese breakfast bagel at McDonalds.. Oh, with a diet coke of course.. 970 calories!!! I would go through phases where I would have this several days in a week. for maybe a month...Granted, it was my biggest and heaviest meal of the day but, I knew it was terrible for me and too calorie rich for my impaired metabolism (or really for ANYONE'S metabolism except maybe Michael Phelps while he's training!).. I stopped eating these frequently several years before my most recent weight loss efforts and it's been 18 months since I've had one at all.. but this is still something I crave! I don't understand how former fatties can look at the greasy fast food concoctions they used to eat and go on and on about how "disgusting" it looks now.. WTF? I WISH it could look disgusting to me but no, it pretty much looks just as tempting and delicious as ever. When you bite into it the weird chemical butter sauce and the grease from the artificially flavored smushed up steak patty combine into the most awesome greasy fatty goodness... OMG, YUM! WTF is wrong with me?

OMG! My mouth is watering! I LOVE McDonald's breakfast! Sausage, egg and cheese bagel! :sad: