Has your shoe size changed after your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I had always been a UK size 3-4 before I gained weight and became a 5.5!

When I lost the 2 stone (28 lbs) I recovered my size 3-4 and EVERY pair of shoes I had before went to Charity!

Kaela x
  • Daniellev2
    Daniellev2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I lost a 1/2 of a shoe size and I no longer need a wide size...it's one of those weird things that occurs during weightloss that I didn't know about until I experienced it :)
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Yep.

Oh, how I wish it would come off my substantial hips, but no, feet.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    dont believe you feet actually shrink in lengthy. They do so in girth and many people buy a shoe a size or so bigger than the length would need just so they feel comfy in their shoes.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    At the time I had lost 50 pounds my Uncle passed away. Knowing I needed new fitting appropriate clothing I went out and got a new outfit. Figured I just wear my black pumps with it. Got to SF and we all changed into our clothes and I suddenly realized I made a big mistake. My shoes were so big it was like I was walking in my mommy's shoes when I was a little girl. I had to shuffle around all evening to keep my shoes on. I went from a 9 wide to a 71/2 regular.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    1/2 a size down so far, 9's to 8.5's. I've only lost 12 lbs, so maybe by the time I hit my goal I'll be in a smaller size yet...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    At the time I had lost 50 pounds my Uncle passed away. Knowing I needed new fitting appropriate clothing I went out and got a new outfit. Figured I just wear my black pumps with it. Got to SF and we all changed into our clothes and I suddenly realized I made a big mistake. My shoes were so big it was like I was walking in my mommy's shoes when I was a little girl. I had to shuffle around all evening to keep my shoes on. I went from a 9 wide to a 71/2 regular.

I am kind of feeling like this lately. I had about six pairs of ballet style flats in my closet, most of them size 8 and a few 7.5 and I wore them just fine last Fall when I was around 218 lb but this spring I started dragging them back out. I'm at 186 lb now, and every time I put a pair on they feel SO weird and wrong...like they are drastically too large for my feet. I think I'm going to have to get rid of all of them.
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yup. I've lost 60lbs and gone from a 9-9.5 to a solid 8.5 in most styles. In some sandals I wear an 8 now. I was always between a regular and wide width but bought regular width and just found wider brands/styles; the width has decreased slightly.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I started in women's 10 which were hard to find. I just bought shoes this weekend that were 9's. My favorite heels used to have an ankle strap which I could only just barely get fastened at my heaviest..they are so loose on me now that I can't wear them anymore.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Uk size 7 down to uk 4.5

bit of a pain going between sizes on the way down

but it did mean i got to buy new shoes
  • cohckyplr3
    cohckyplr3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've only lost roughly 15 pounds so far and just noticed today that my size 8.5 are now to big. Starting to cause problems as my arches seem to have changed a bit and where they were real comfortable a couple months ago, now they hurt.
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yes! Shoes that used to fit well are now to loose. I've lost a dramatic amount of weight and was hesitant to buy new clothes along the journey as I knew I wouldn't be wearing them very long. Check out some 2nd hand stores and wash thouroghly whatever you purchase.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yup, dropped from size 13 to a size 12 (but still wear 13s for athletic shoes).

Also, my shoes are more loose on the top. I've put extra padding in the bottom of all of my dress shoes.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    . I had about six pairs of ballet style flats in my closet, most of them size 8 and a few 7.5 and I wore them just fine last Fall when I was around 218 lb but this spring I started dragging them back out. I'm at 186 lb now, and every time I put a pair on they feel SO weird and wrong...like they are drastically too large for my feet. I think I'm going to have to get rid of all of them.

While you are on the way down, weight wise, just buy a few pairs of inexpensive thicker cushioning insoles (even at the dollar store) and stick those in your ballet flats until you NEED to buy new shoes. Saves a bit of cash and you still get to use your fave flats. I just got a new pair of high wedge peep toe pumps and had to get them in a size 7.5 instead of my 8's (just because my narrow feet are too narrow for the 8's). If they had closed toes I would have been out of luck, because they are exact length.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    On the flip side, if you run a lot, your feet get larger!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    10.5 to 10 after 33lbs. Thank goodness because it's gotten me back into "normal" sizes.
  • SexiLexi1989
    SexiLexi1989 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't think the width of your feet will change. Maybe the thickness?

My shoe size has never changed, I have been 150 pounds and 245 pounds and I always wear a size 8 to 8.5 in shoes...***my calf size changed---lawd, did it ever***
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It was funny to come on here and see this topic on the front page because I was just complaining to my boss today that my shoes were getting so loose I was almost walking out of them. :)
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yes!! After over 100 pounds lost, I am down 2 shoe sizes!!! Who knew? LOL!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's a thing. You lose weight in your hands, too. I actually had to buy new gloves this past winter, too!

I went from an 8 to a 7.